Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,499 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723200 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tizizzy(f): 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello People. Pls I need your help. This is my fourth time applying for the South African visa and being rejected. The first time was in 2014, I wanted to travel for vacation and I was rejected based on grounds that my documents were fraudulent (even though none was). I reapplied almost immediately this time with the help of the protocol unit of my bank ( I worked in a bank). Same result. Fast forward to 2017 I applied in July to attend a training in SA, I was rejected on grounds of "No invitation letter". I now work for an international organisation and they are to sponsor the trip. I got letter of support, everything. I emailed the organisers of the training about the consulate's decision and they sent me a letter of invitation that the same training would be taking place in November. So I applied again on October 30 and I received my passport today, rejection again, this time "adverse records". I am distraught. Nothing is fraudulent amongst all documents submitted, ever since I started applying to SA yet all this negative feedback. I have decided to appeal because I do not want this decision to affect my visa application to other embassies. Please help advice on how to go about this. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 3:48am On Nov 04, 2017
Sorry about the rejection... that's so awful.

I have few questions to ask. The world is changing so fast. Have you travelled before ?

You need to sit down and evaluate your previous refusal. I once applied 3times before I got my visa. I have been to several countries as it helps sometimes. All I want you to review first is all your previous applications. It's very important because they keep record.

Then write a cover letter explaining every bit of your application and give them a concrete reason for you applying again.

I wish you all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tizizzy(f): 6:34am On Nov 04, 2017
Teed89:
Sorry about the rejection... that's so awful.

I have few questions to ask. The world is changing so fast. Have you travelled before ?

You need to sit down and evaluate your previous refusal. I once applied 3times before I got my visa. I have been to several countries as it helps sometimes. All I want you to review first is all your previous applications. It's very important because they keep record.

Then write a cover letter explaining every bit of your application and give them a concrete reason for you applying again.

I wish you all the best.
Thanks for your response. Yes I have. I'm an auditor where I work now so it's given me a few opportunities to travel to other African countries. I haven't done or submitted any fraudulent documents since I started this applications. I have worked for organisations where integrity is key, so I wouldn't dare do that. The last application, I explained why I was rejected the last time and reiterated that I have my son, my husband and a very good job to return to. The training is to better sharpen my skills. Only for this to happen again. It feels like I'm being cheated because I did everything right. I submitted my application on the 30 of October and by 1 of November I got a text that my passport was ready. Like they didn't even look at the documents. This time I really don't want to let it slide, I want to appeal the decision so that it doesn't spoil my other chances in future and it doesn't look like o have something to hide. Every embassy ask if you've been rejected entry to another country before and my answer would be yes, reason "adverse record". What does that even mean? I really need help on how to go about an appeal as I have 10 working days after the date of decision.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 8:09am On Nov 04, 2017
tizizzy:

Thanks for your response. Yes I have. I'm an auditor where I work now so it's given me a few opportunities to travel to other African countries. I haven't done or submitted any fraudulent documents since I started this applications. I have worked for organisations where integrity is key, so I wouldn't dare do that. The last application, I explained why I was rejected the last time and reiterated that I have my son, my husband and a very good job to return to. The training is to better sharpen my skills. Only for this to happen again. It feels like I'm being cheated because I did everything right. I submitted my application on the 30 of October and by 1 of November I got a text that my passport was ready. Like they didn't even look at the documents. This time I really don't want to let it slide, I want to appeal the decision so that it doesn't spoil my other chances in future and it doesn't look like o have something to hide. Every embassy ask if you've been rejected entry to another country before and my answer would be yes, reason "adverse record". What does that even mean? I really need help on how to go about an appeal as I have 10 working days after the date of decision.

Have you at any point in any of those applications made use of services of an agent?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2017
Hi tizizzy, take it easy. Everything will be fine. I'm sure. One step at a time. Let me advice you on this.

What's your travel experience? As far as I'm concerned, the world is changing so fast so South Africa is making it hard for Nigerians because they hardly trust us. We are getting stoned with our poor intergrity. I would advice you to try other country and make sure you're doing the right thing.

Come back to have you been rejected entry to another country before- your answer is NO. if you choose Yes, you have shot yourself in the leg else you actually did. What you're saying is that you have been deported before. You got the visa to the country but they turned you back at the POE. If you didn't get the visa that means youre rejected not denied entry.

Please it's very important to check back the documents you used cos what the embassy said. 'Adverse record. You made it more complicated for them to believe you. If you're submitting your documents, keep submitting it first one you used. Make sure it's original as they will check back.

Have you overstayed in any country you travelled to? Look in at your passport verywell.

For ex... if you submit your statement of account, they can easily check back but if you forge it, it will be different. Please if your have used any documents that is fake, write them and apologize.

It's very important to be truthful in your application.

Let's see how that works.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 11:09am On Nov 04, 2017
@tizizzy:
You now look desperate to travel to South Africa. Applications can be rejected based on that
You have applied for different purpose of visit with different documents. They don't trust you based on your first rejection.
What documents did you submit in your first application?

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Luxxycool(m): 7:17am On Nov 05, 2017
Luxxycool:
Good afternoon house, I'll be travelling to South Africa soon. I want to know the documents that would be needed at the port of entry. Do I need my cousins rental agreement after having his copy of utility bill and invitation letter? What other documents do I need to tender?.

please I need an urgent reply...thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
@ Luxxycool
Rental agreement is not necessary. You need:

1. Invitation letter with copy of his ID and phone number.
2. Return airline ticket
3 You will also need BTA or else those airline guys will not allow you to board
4. Yellow fever card.

Likely question they will ask:

1. Who are you visiting and where are you going to stay
2. Where in South Africa
3. How long are you staying. This must be the exact date on your invitation letter and return ticket. A day more or less you will be denied entry.

Safe trip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Luxxycool(m): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
infofta:
@ Luxxycool
Rental agreement is not necessary. You need:

1. Invitation letter with copy of his ID and phone number.
2. Return airline ticket
3 You will also need BTA or else those airline guys will not allow you to board
4. Yellow fever card.

Likely question they will ask:

1. Who are you visiting and where are you going to stay
2. Where in South Africa
3. How long are you staying. This must be the exact date on your invitation letter and return ticket. A day more or less you will be denied entry.

Safe trip.

Thanks for your quick response. You are most appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 3:56am On Nov 06, 2017
My good people in the house, pls how long will it take a study VISA to be out. I have applied at VFS Lagos over two weeks ago. I have received text that is being process... How long will the outcome take to be out.... Some apply and got the outcome the following day, some within a week... Though, am travelling in January and I submitted in October.... Hope the time of travelling will not be used to delay the outcome. Thanks for your swift response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by despam(m): 2:25am On Nov 07, 2017
Good people in the house. I was rejected due to insufficient funds. I am reapplying in few days. Do I have to get a new Police clearance or I can print the one I scanned? Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 3:07am On Nov 07, 2017
Please house how long will it take to obtain a work permit (critical skills visa). I already have a study permit expiring in December but I'm through with studies and I want to work.

Also If I am using a work permit can I still further my study part time?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
Kentrasso:
Please house how long will it take to obtain a work permit (critical skills visa). I already have a study permit expiring in December but I'm through with studies and I want to work.

Also If I am using a work permit can I still further my study part time?
Critical skills visa will take you 2 to 3 weeks and yes you may study part-time with a work visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 12:59am On Nov 08, 2017
Hello Landers,, please how do I got about my Saqa evaluation, what documents do I need and which services should I pay for
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 3:50am On Nov 08, 2017
padyt007:
Hello Landers,, please how do I got about my Saqa evaluation, what documents do I need and which services should I pay for
Certified copy of certificates & transcripts. online application, pay & send documents via post. The normal service is okay with less than R1,000 & takes few weeks depending on how fast your school respond
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 3:52am On Nov 08, 2017
despam:
Good people in the house. I was rejected due to insufficient funds. I am reapplying in few days. Do I have to get a new Police clearance or I can print the one I scanned? Thank you.
Printed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 3:56am On Nov 08, 2017
Omoocash:
My good people in the house, pls how long will it take a study VISA to be out. I have applied at VFS Lagos over two weeks ago. I have received text that is being process... How long will the outcome take to be out.... Some apply and got the outcome the following day, some within a week... Though, am travelling in January and I submitted in October.... Hope the time of travelling will not be used to delay the outcome. Thanks for your swift response
Time varies. With experience, PhD do get response faster & also depends on work load cos around this period they receive more application.

Time of traveling doesn't affect
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2017
Thecassanova:

Certified copy of certificates & transcripts. online application, pay & send documents via post. The normal service is okay with less than R1,000 & takes few weeks depending on how fast your school respond

How do I get certified copy... Intend send my statement of result if it is acceptable... posting is a long thing from Nigeria.... could I use scanned copy forward to a friend in Sa via email
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
padyt007:

How do I get certified copy... Intend send my statement of result if it is acceptable... posting is a long thing from Nigeria.... could I use scanned copy forward to a friend in Sa via email
Statement of result acceptable. Certify at any court. You can send the certified copy. Your school timely response to saqa mail is the most important.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
Thecassanova:

Statement of result acceptable. Certify at any court. You can send the certified copy. Your school timely response to saqa mail is the most important.

Do I need to submit d transcript along with the statement of result
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xpress101(m): 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
Omoocash:
Just chill. It will be out within 28 working days, but due to many applications it might take almost 2 months
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
padyt007:

Do I need to submit d transcript along with the statement of result
Yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 6:30am On Nov 09, 2017
Hello Landers, please what the average tution for master program in the following school, University of Johannesburg and Tshwane University of technology
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fedric(m): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2017
hello to the bosses in this thread, please i need your help on this.

my brother that is in south africa has live there for more than twelve years, he would like to come back home <nigeria> finally as his business over there isn't making him money again. currently he has no money couple with his health issue. <he has been sick for many years now>

he would like to come back finally to settle down and get married.

we the family want to contribute money for his coming back.

(1)
please i would like to know if it is posible to pay for just coming back to nigeria without paying to go back, since nigeria is his country?
(2)
how much will it cost him to come back alone,?

(3)

is it posible to pay just comming back and how much will it cost?

thanks, anticipating your response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
Fedric:
hello to the bosses in this thread, please i need your help on this.

my brother that is in south africa has live there for more than twelve years, he would like to come back home <nigeria> finally as his business over there isn't making him money again. currently he has no money couple with his health issue. <he has been sick for many years now>

he would like to come back finally to settle down and get married.

we the family want to contribute money for his coming back.

(1)
please i would like to know if it is posible to pay for just coming back to nigeria without paying to go back, since nigeria is his country?
(2)
how much will it cost him to come back alone,?

(3)

is it posible to pay just comming back and how much will it cost?

thanks, anticipating your response

Just purchase a one way ticket for him, if cost is an issue try Rwanda air try Waka now for prices

If he doesn't have a valid passport , let him collect Travelling Certificate from the Nigerian high commission in Pretoria and if he has over stayed, he will receive a generous ban as a parting gift.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
please how much is required to proof to the VFS that I have sufficient funds for study visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fedric(m): 6:35am On Nov 10, 2017
Geenosko:

Just purchase a one way ticket for him, if cost is an issue try Rwanda air try Waka now for prices

If he doesn't have a valid passport , let him collect Travelling Certificate from the Nigerian high commission in Pretoria and if he has over stayed, he will receive a generous ban as a parting gift.
bro, he just want to come back finally, he don't have the intention of going back.

he came back last two years, so he has his paper.

life over is has tired him.

he has some things to fix in my family.?
can he just pay to come back?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nadratan: 7:38am On Nov 10, 2017
Fedric:
bro, he just want to come back finally, he don't have the intention of going back.

he came back last two years, so he has his paper.

life over is has tired him.

he has some things to fix in my family.?
can he just pay to come back?

That's exactly what he just explained to you. Get a one-way ticket for him and he is good to go. You can use any airline of your choice depending on your budget. Since you are on a tight budget, I'd advise you make the move in January because ticket prices are on the high side now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2017
Go to their website, they usually have fees stated for prevailing years there.
padyt007:
Hello Landers, please what the average tution for master program in the following school, University of Johannesburg and Tshwane University of technology

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.