Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726901 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
topeolu1:
Hi, please could you educate me here. Which policy? All my travels to SA have been via booking.com

Even the most recent application in May this year. I never had issues even at the point of entry except for the query why I booked one night instead of the number of days I intend staying.

Please clarify

I also used booking.com for my January this year application, at VFS they told me they don't accept it again. What I did was to cut out the header which shows booking.com and I made photocopy.

On VFS previous form, it was written in red ink not to use third party booking.

If you made used of it and no issues, note that circumstances differ (some applicants, they don't verify anything except their employment).

Applicant should call VFS CC for inquiry about anything ambiguous.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chimawali(m): 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
please, anyone with Seychelles experience.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gentleking90(m): 7:13am On Jul 20, 2018
eluquenson:
I also used booking.com for my January this year application, at VFS they told me they don't accept it again. What I did was to cut out the header which shows booking.com and I made photocopy.

On VFS previous form, it was written in red ink not to use third party booking.

If you made used of it and no issues, note that circumstances differ (some applicants, they don't verify anything except their employment).

Applicant should call VFS CC for inquiry about anything ambiguous.
please do you know of any means I can use to do my hotel reservation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 8:01am On Jul 20, 2018
gentleking90:

please do you know of any means I can use to do my hotel reservation?
You can contact hotels randomly, you might be lucky to see a hotel that will do confirm-able reservation without prepayment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2018
Good day e-friends, I want to use this medium to thank you all for your comments on this group. It has helped me to secure a visiting visa for myself and my kid.

Am so grateful for your comments.

Pls it indicated that we must spend 7 days which is quite small for holiday, is there any country that I can a transit visa to visit ?

Thanks as I await ur response all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
adespecial:
Good day e-friends, I want to use this medium to thank you all for your comments on this group. It has helped me to secure a visiting visa for myself and my kid.

Pls it indicated that we must spend 7 days which is quite small for holiday, is there any country that I can a transit visa to visit ?

Congratulations.
For your info, you can get a transit visa to Kenya. The most important is set your itinerary well to fit in the transit by applying for a multiple destinations while booking your flight.
Also take note that you have to leave SA within the stipulated time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
adespecial:

how many weeks did u requested for in your introductory letter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 6:53am On Jul 21, 2018
Pls do u v a clue as to how I can get the transit visa?As regards leaving SA within the time, definitely i will since we are not permitted to spend 2 weeks and DTS why am looking for another place I can visit with my son to make it 10 days vacation at least
eluquenson:
Congratulations.
For your info, you can get a transit visa to Kenya. The most important is set your itinerary well to fit in the transit by applying for a multiple destinations while booking your flight.
Also take note that you have to leave SA within the stipulated time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 6:53am On Jul 21, 2018
2 weeks. quote author=miqos02 post=69560842]how many weeks did u requested for in your introductory letter[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Timewilltell3: 6:55am On Jul 21, 2018
adespecial:

Why are you spending your money in a xenophobic nation undecided . You are nothing but a foolish traitor, may they get you and do the needful lipsrsealed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 11:58am On Jul 21, 2018
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
adespecial:
Pls do u v a clue as to how I can get the transit visa?As regards leaving SA within the time, definitely i will since we are not permitted to spend 2 weeks and DTS why am looking for another place I can visit with my son to make it 10 days vacation at least
Visit wakanow or travelstart to view options, you click on Multi city.
A good example is as shown in the pics below.
However, you will need to apply for a transit visa to Kenya which you can do online yourself wich cost $21 per applicant. Visit
http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html register and apply for the transit visa.

Note: critically examine this itinerary and book your ticket before applying for the Kenya transit visa. That's what I did when I visited Joburg this year.

Feel free to ask questions if the process not clear to you.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
Timewilltell3:

Why are you spending your money in a xenophobic nation undecided . You are nothing but a foolish traitor, may they get you and do the needful lipsrsealed

Why do some ofbus just sound stupid because we are on a faceless medium..

Everyone is previledged to spend holidays any where..how is dat ur problem

If u despise SA so much then stop visiting d countriea visa discussion section...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
adespecial:

Congrats on u and ur kids holiday visa..

If u intend 10 days...do ur flight itienary to spend 3 days in Nairobi,kenya on ur way back

Ensure also dat u visit booking .com to book ur 3 days hotel some where at d nairobi city center most of nairobi hotels on booking.com is pay on arrival..

Ave a copy of it with u on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta airport..u wls fill forms on arrival stating how many days u intend staying u wld b charged 50usd for the visa n ur child if he/she meets d free visa fee he/she wld be stamped in free of charge but with no sticker in he/she 's passport

U can also read about kigali n addis incase dey are visa on arrival u can as well use their flight n enjoy their countries as well...

Note : am sure of nairobi on arrival pls ask about kigali,Rwanda and addis, Ethiopia

Enjoy ur holidays
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hadedee: 6:13am On Jul 22, 2018
Good morning.Please there's someone that applied for a visit visa which was denied in the basis that documents lack credibility/non convincing... please for those that have experience or such experience what could be the reason and solutions to that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 7:38am On Jul 22, 2018
Timewilltell3:

Bros abi na sis u be, what is ur problem with me travelling. ... Pls respect yourself o

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Hadedee:
Good morning.Please there's someone that applied for a visit visa which was denied in the basis that documents lack credibility/non convincing... please for those that have experience or such experience what could be the reason and solutions to that?

Dis some1 dat was refused on d basis of such shld list d document he/she submitted...after seeing we can now try to guess what went wrong n wat to do on d next submittion

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cydophobia(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2018
My people. I have these questions to ask

Question 1
Is it a must that i must use dollar as BTA if am travelling to South Africa.

Is South African Currency not acceptable...If yes, how much am i supposed to go with. And which currency is better to use?

Question 2
If am to stay in a hotel for instance 10 days
Is it compulsory i book all the days at once? .Because i learnt South African immigration do request for a confirmed hotel reservation at the point of entry.

kindly share more light on these.

cc
ERIN01
eluquenson
Other gurus in the house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2018
cydophobia:

Question 1

Is South African Currency not acceptable...If yes, how much am i supposed to go with. And which currency is better to use?

Question 2
Is it compulsory i book all the days at once? .Because i learnt South African immigration do request for a confirmed hotel reservation at the point of entry.

cc
ERIN01
eluquenson

U can go in with USD or Rands

Infact if u have rands it helps more in other to avoid exchange rate loss

For 10 days atleast equvalent of 500 USD shld be fine...not heard SA checks BTA but then u shld be fine with equiv of 500 USD...

Yes make sure you book all ur intended days at once ...SA immigration takes dis very seriously
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by D3gz13: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
Good day all, pls assist with the below,

D3gz13:
Good day All,

Please I am a completely new here and though I have taken my time to read quite a number of the posts here (and gained a lot), yet I still have need for further clarifications.

I recently got an admission for PhD, for which funding will be provided by a sponsor, and wish to apply for the SA study visa but need to know . . .
1. If the Yellow fever certificate will suffice for medicals or I need to do other medicals?
2. If the yellow card will not suffice, which hospitals are accredited for me to take my medicals (either Abuja or Lagos) and approximate costs?
3. What is the likely sum to be paid at VFS office as visa application and other fees?
4. Please also assists with Hotels in Cape Town that do not require upfront payment.

Sincere apologies if these questions look to be taking pple back.
Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2018
ERIN01:

Yes make sure you book all ur intended days at once ...SA immigration takes dis very seriously

What happens if you are staying with a host and not hotel?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
What happens if I am going to different location?
miqos02:

What happens if you are staying with a host and not hotel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
adespecial:
I don't understand your response to my question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
Am also asking questions pertaining to ur questions cos am in d same shoes with you. I want to visit Pretoria, port Elizabeth and one other place, DTS why am asking

miqos02:
I don't understand your response to my question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
cydophobia:

Question 1

Question 2

cc
ERIN01
eluquenson

1. To SA, you can go with either USD or RAND. $500 is sufficient.
2. If you are staying in a Hotel, book to cover number of days you are staying to avoid issues at the POE. On their immigration stamp, they will write the validity of stay on it. Mine, on the visa was 10 days validity single entry. At POE, they stamped 10days validity from date of entry, but i told the immigration guy am only staying for 6 days which the hotel booking was 6 days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
adespecial:

During ur submittion u may have explained ur activities on a plain paper..

Therefore issue of host n diff locations of stay wld have been mentioned...

Meaning for a host u did subtmitt invitatoon letter stating u wld be staying with host

As for diff locations u are also expected to show booking for d diff hotels at diff locations...

So those copies of booking or invitation letter shld be with u when arriving at the POE...

My candid advice is make ur entery less complicated...show evidence of accomodation for ur entire stay...

CHEERS!!!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
adespecial:
Am also asking questions pertaining to ur questions cos am in d same shoes with you. I want to visit Pretoria, port Elizabeth and one other place, DTS why am asking

oh ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gentleking90(m): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2018
please can anyone give me the contact of any good and affordable hotel in SA that can make a reservation for me, I will probably lodge there when I get the visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2018
gentleking90:
please can anyone give me the contact of any good and affordable hotel in SA that can make a reservation for me, I will probably lodge there when I get the visa.
which city?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
Good day gurus in here. I just want to thank God Almighty and all the gurus in here for your counsels and guidance.
I, my wife n son got our visitors' visa issued today. God bless u all. I wish as many of us applying all d very best.
Truly, u do not need any agent to process ur visas.
Guys in here r giving us d best.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.