Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726432 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
damola91: @TYPOP, pls, does it mean they will start accepting from monday, the 3rd of june?!

Yes, that is what it means. I collected the form from the Abuja office last week but need to get my documents together. I will be going to submit in about 2 weeks time.

ibrak200: please guys i am thinking of submitting my application in lagos because i will not be chanced to go to abuja for it. please can i still get my visa here in lagos if i apply ?
am going to s.a by invitation

please am waiting for comments on this issue. thanks friends

I think you can get it done in Lagos. And please note that it is VFS global that will attend to you not the SA High Commission. The High Commission only attends to long term permits (like Student Visa, Business Permit).

Cheers guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 11:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
Please good people in d house, can I make my paid hotel reservation with wakanow.com.Need a very urgent response pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Martins459: 5:05am On Jun 04, 2013
Dear Collins, Justwise etal. I really need your advice.

I made a s/a tourist visa application 2 weeks ago. I collected my passport yesterday and was refused on the grounds that the "signature on bank statements lacks credibility". I find this totally absurd. These 2 statements are mine and were collected directly from the banks. I intend to pursue this to a logical conclusion but I honestly don't know where to begin.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by johnmoweta(m): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2013
Martins459: Dear All, I made a s/a tourist visa application 2 weeks ago. I collected my passport yesterday and was refused on the grounds that the "signature on bank statements lacks credibility". I find this totally absurd. These 2 statements are mine and were collected from the bank. I intend to pursue this to a logical conclusion but I honestly don't know where to begin. I'm equally mad at the bank. I am equally having a funny feeling that this could be the reason why i was refused a uk visa last year.
I welcome your views.

Please where did you apply: Lagos or Abuja?

I applied in Lagos since april 20th and my application is still under processing in lagos embassey. Does it take this long?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
TYPOP:

Yes, that is what it means. I collected the form from the Abuja office last week but need to get my documents together. I will be going to submit in about 2 weeks time.

I think you can get it done in Lagos. And please note that it is VFS global that will attend to you not the SA High Commission. The High Commission only attends to long term permits (like Student Visa, Business Permit).

Cheers guys.
okay thanks...... but do you know any vfs global that is still functioning here in lagos ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 11:49am On Jun 05, 2013
good day everyone, pls I need an urgent advise about SA universities,
my friend came back from sa and told me he was going back to sa to
apply for a computer science undergraduate course in vaals university
and the 3 year tuition fee is N700000 tuition alone for the 3 year and
am finding it hard to believe. I wanna study my undergraduate degree
in sa and I wanna know how much a it cost over there.
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
ibrak200: okay thanks...... but do you know any vfs global that is still functioning here in lagos ?

VFS is at Billingsway in Oregun. If you need directions, indicate where you are and how you will be going there (driving or public transport).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2013
TYPOP:

VFS is at Billingsway in Oregun. If you need directions, indicate where you are and how you will be going there (driving or public transport).
thanks....... i will be going there from Abgoju or festac town by public trans smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
youngbilly1: good day everyone, pls I need an urgent advise about SA universities,
my friend came back from sa and told me he was going back to sa to
apply for a computer science undergraduate course in vaals university
and the 3 year tuition fee is N700000 tuition alone for the 3 year and
am finding it hard to believe. I wanna study my undergraduate degree
in sa and I wanna know how much a it cost over there.
thanks

Hey, why not try going online and searching. You will be amazed at how much information exist for you. Also, no price could be given to you per se, just a range as the tuition vary from university to university and from course to course.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2013
ibrak200: thanks....... i will be going there from Abgoju or festac town by public trans smiley

I'm sure you can find your way to Ojota. From there, tell the touts you are going to Oregun Bus Stop (any bus should pick you). From Oregun, pick a Marwa to the UK Visa (or simply walk straight on, perpendicular to the road you were taking to Ikeja). It is not too far.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by swaggaprince(m): 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
Iamjustvictor: @collinsfbi bros I dey hail o, I asked a question yesterday about how much it will cost me to get an SA work permit over there in SA, I ve been granted a 3 month visiting Visa already and I m going next week. Bros please reply soonest here o as I ve still got some private questions I might likely ask you. Thanks in advance
it will cost you about 10k rands,I did a student permit for 7k rand here in SA and I was given 3 years an agent helped out in the process
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
swaggaprince: it will cost you about 10k rands,I did a student permit for 7k rand here in SA and I was given 3 years an agent helped out in the process

can one work with student visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by swaggaprince(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
surecan:

can one work with student visa
you can get a part time job with it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topazjosh(m): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
swaggaprince: you can get a part time job with it
but I was told you can't work with student permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topazjosh(m): 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topazjosh(m): 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
but I was told you can't work with student permit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 7:53am On Jun 07, 2013
TYPOP:

Hey, why not try going online and searching. You will be amazed at how much information exist for you. Also, no price could be given to you per se, just a range as the tuition vary from university to university and from course to course.

Cheers.

thanks bro I checked online..but there are different titution some for South african students, refugee, I wonder if nigerian pay the same tuition fee as south africans, since we are same african.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by swaggaprince(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2013
topazjosh: but I was told you can't work with student permit?
you can get a part time job with it like I earlier said because you would be seen as a student but if you are coming to SA to work its better you opt for a workers permit that way you can secure a job and work full time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Martins459: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2013
Martins459: Dear Collins, Justwise etal. I really need your advice.

I made a s/a tourist visa application 2 weeks ago. I collected my passport yesterday and was refused on the grounds that the "signature on bank statements lacks credibility". I find this totally absurd. These 2 statements are mine and were collected directly from the banks. I intend to pursue this to a logical conclusion but I honestly don't know where to begin.

Dear all, kindly help a brother with your views. Plsssssss....martins.lanre@yahoo.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 7:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Waleabimbola:

its not everybody that applied for student visa that is asked to pay repatriation,but you might be directed to do so when you are submitting your application.the consular decides who pays or not.
i stand to be corrected anyway.
you must pay repatriation for study Visa and it is not negotiable unless they are not ready to give you the student Visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
TYPOP:

I'm sure you can find your way to Ojota. From there, tell the touts you are going to Oregun Bus Stop (any bus should pick you). From Oregun, pick a Marwa to the UK Visa (or simply walk straight on, perpendicular to the road you were taking to Ikeja). It is not too far.
thanks, my documents are complete and accurate but i just pray they grant me the visa. amen
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 08, 2013
Pls I need to know if there are job availability in sa like the uae
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mercygrace: 10:51am On Jun 08, 2013
Hi every1,pls a friend of mine applied for tourist visa last week at Abuja and he was sent an sms yest to come and pick it up.He was not told to pay any fee dats why he is scared if its not denial.Pls has any1 had dis experience b4
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
mercygrace: Hi every1,pls a friend of mine applied for tourist visa last week at Abuja and he was sent an sms yest to come and pick it up.He was not told to pay any fee dats why he is scared if its not denial.Pls has any1 had dis experience b4
c.
Normal processing time within 6-10days.. I think he is lucky. Is he a first time traveler ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
flowstar: Pls I need to know if there are job availability in sa like the uae
No job opportunities in SA. Except for skilled workers lik doctors, nurses and engineers.. Etc.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Martins459: 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
Good people.......I'm still waiting for your advice/ comments

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mercygrace: 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
surdik: c.
Normal processing time within 6-10days.. I think he is lucky. Is he a first time traveler ?
Thnks he is a first time traveller,but he has not gone to Abj to knw if he was granted.I blv dey will give him by God's grace
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:18am On Jun 10, 2013
Martins459: Good people.......I'm still waiting for your advice/ comments

My brother, people on this page may not be able to help you. This issue pertains to Visa appeal generally and you may need to seek experts' advice. Find the lawyers' page on nairaland and I'm sure they should be able to help. I know one or two people here may have one or two words on this but until they see your post, they may not reply. Let's hope they see it on time while you also try the lawyers' page.

Cheers man.

ibrak200: thanks, my documents are complete and accurate but i just pray they grant me the visa. amen

Hey dude, have you submitted? How far?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:12am On Jun 10, 2013
Martins459: Good people.......I'm still waiting for your advice/ comments

TYPOP: My brother, people on this page may not be able to help you. This issue pertains to Visa appeal generally and you may need to seek experts' advice. Find the lawyers' page on nairaland and I'm sure they should be able to help. I know one or two people here may have one or two words on this but until they see your post, they may not reply. Let's hope they see it on time while you also try the lawyers' page.

Cheers man.

There is nothing like appeal when it comes to South African Permits, denial is denial and nothing more. If you are sure of using authentic statement of Account, go to your bank and exlpain your ordeal with SA embassy and ask them to issue another statement of account and tell them what you are using it for because the stamp and staff signatory of statement of account for Embassy purpose in most banks differ from ordinary statement of account. On the hand, you ask them to write a letter addressed to South African High Commission on the authenticity of your statement of account. Do that and re-apply anytime, Best of Luck

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2013
TYPOP:

My brother, people on this page may not be able to help you. This issue pertains to Visa appeal generally and you may need to seek experts' advice. Find the lawyers' page on nairaland and I'm sure they should be able to help. I know one or two people here may have one or two words on this but until they see your post, they may not reply. Let's hope they see it on time while you also try the lawyers' page.

Cheers man.

Hey dude, have you submitted? How far?
I AM SUBMITTING NEXT WEEK. I PRAY EVERYTHING GOES FINE

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.