Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726531 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Martins459: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2013
Thanks people.
Like I stated earlier, the 2 accounts I used are mine & genuine. Irrespective of my annoyance, I hv decided to reapply. I'll visit the head offices of the 2 banks to collect relevant documents. I hope I get it this time. Should I ask them to write while I slot it in my application package or I should just ask them to send the letters themselves?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
Guys, i like to ask and i wish the house will respond to my question.I applied on thursday last week being a first timer, today i was called around 10am and few questions were asked from me, pls does SA Embassy call d applicant becase was a kind of online interview which like 2minutes.shey SA embassy call people?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jubby(m): 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
@manager007
Plz I wld lky to knw d procedure of getting admission into a Msc
Degree in SA nd hw to get a study permit plus wats SAQA.
Plz. I wld b vry gr8tfull to hear frm u soonest.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
ibrak200: I AM SUBMITTING NEXT WEEK. I PRAY EVERYTHING GOES FINE

All the best.

Martins459: Thanks people.
Like I stated earlier, the 2 accounts I used are mine & genuine. Irrespective of my annoyance, I hv decided to reapply. I'll visit the head offices of the 2 banks to collect relevant documents. I hope I get it this time. Should I ask them to write while I slot it in my application package or I should just ask them to send the letters themselves?

All the best.

Jubby: @manager007
Plz I wld lky to knw d procedure of getting admission into a Msc
Degree in SA nd hw to get a study permit plus wats SAQA.
Plz. I wld b vry gr8tfull to hear frm u soonest.

At the risk of you asking me to keep my trap sealed (cos you didn't direct the question to me), I'll attempt to answer some of your questions.

To gain admission for M Sc, you need first and foremost to have your credentials evaluated by SAQA. Think of SAQA as JAMB (not really structured as such). Before you can gain undergraduate admissions here, you need JAMB to say you can.

What SAQA does is to evaluate your credentials and determine whether you have the necessary qualifications and grade to pursue your chosen course (among other things). Initially, they may ask for a Certified True Copy to be sent to them. The earliest is a month (but costs more). If they are satisfied, you get a response from them. However, you may be required to send them the originals of the credentials if they see the need to investigate further.

The response from them will determine whether you will go on to apply to the university or not. However, I have heard that some courses don't require SAQA (not sure of the veracity of this claim)

All the best bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
Martins459: Thanks people.
I am not sure the bank will agree to send any docs on your behalf, just tell them the purpose for the statement and if possible get a letter to certify that your accounts are genuine.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
savemysoul: Guys, i like to ask and i wish the house will respond to my question.I applied on thursday last week being a first timer, today i was called around 10am and few questions were asked from me, pls does SA Embassy call d applicant becase was a kind of online interview which like 2minutes.shey SA embassy call people?
Yes

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jubby(m): 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
@TYPOP
Thanks for d info but wld really like to knw hw I wld go abt gettint in touch
SAQA for evaluation of ma credentials and also d list of courses and universities u knw
dat doesn't require SAQA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 6:01am On Jun 12, 2013
People in SA wants to return to Nigeria. People in Nigeria wants to come to SA. What an irony of life.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
collinsfbi:
Yes

Gbamm over n out

guyz I was at the collection center today after I tracked my application to find out that my application is ready for collection.My case was treated for 4 working days, I was given 3 months multiple visa though am a first timer. I thank every one here, your contributions are highly appreciated.........don't forget I submitted last week Thursday and was called on phone on Monday, a kind of interview on phone which lasted for like 2 minutes, my visa was ready yesterday n I picked it up today..........thank you all...am grateful.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:07am On Jun 13, 2013
Jubby: @TYPOP
Thanks for d info but wld really like to knw hw I wld go abt gettint in touch
SAQA for evaluation of ma credentials and also d list of courses and universities u knw
dat doesn't require SAQA.

The possibility exist for you to get in touch with SAQA and post your documents. But given all the processes involved, I chose not to do the process myself. An agent helped me (of course for a fee) but I think it is worth the hassles. At least I have my admission. So, I may not be the best guy to tell you how to go about the process yourself.

And like I said in my earlier post, I am
TYPOP: not sure of the veracity of this claim
. So, I will not claim to know any course that does not require SAQA. I've only read it here on nairaland and some dude debunked the claim.

Cheers mate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 4:47am On Jun 13, 2013
STENACO: People in SA wants to return to Nigeria. People in Nigeria wants to come to SA. What an irony of life.
You are very correct bro. Most Nigerians transit to SA thinking the pasture is greener there but turns out the other way round. The only option left is returning home.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 5:55am On Jun 13, 2013
surdik:
You are very correct bro. Most Nigerians transit to SA thinking the pasture is greener there but turns out the other way round. The only option left is returning home.
my brother I am in SA as of the moment but the rate of racism and even hatred from the black south african to their fellow black is too bad. People seeking for green pastures should be sure they have a skilled work to do if not that, prepare yourself for drug selling and 419 buisness. I love Nigeria. I can't can't wait anymore to pay for my return ticket.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 6:05am On Jun 13, 2013
We don't use agent in this forum.we do it ouselves. I got my admission withou SAQA although my courrse of study requires autidion which I attended at first in SA. I was given exemption by HESA and that was aftrer I have been admitted by the school. You are lucky you had a good agent, if not you might have said good bye to your certificates. Posting to saqa through EMS is safe. You pay in nigeria and then send the certified document to them. They faster you want that the more money you pay. How I wish trust still exist I would help you to do that.
TYPOP:

The possibility exist for you to get in touch with SAQA and post your documents. But given all the processes involved, I chose not to do the process myself. An agent helped me (of course for a fee) but I think it is worth the hassles. At least I have my admission. So, I may not be the best guy to tell you how to go about the process yourself.

And like I said in my earlier post, I am . So, I will not claim to know any course that does not require SAQA. I've only read it here on nairaland and some dude debunked the claim.

Cheers mate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alphizo(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2013
My question is, I av a 3 months multiple visa to SA but am stil in naija but I intend to work and school (undergraduate) in SA n also intend to get work permit when I get there, please what do u advice? So u get a work permit or study permit? because I wanna sch n wrk at the same time n all don't really wanna wrk 20hours per week wt study permit. Pls what do u advice I do because dis is very importnt to me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
hello please i am submitting my application next week here in lagos at the application centre in ikeja,lagos so do i have to book an appointment with them first before i submit my application to them. if i am to do that do i have to pay any money for it ? or should i just go and submit with out making any appointments or arrangement with them?

i heard first time applicant must apply on Thursday and Friday.

please i need answers oooooooooooooooooooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
TYPOP:

All the best.

All the best.

At the risk of you asking me to keep my trap sealed (cos you didn't direct the question to me), I'll attempt to answer some of your questions.

To gain admission for M Sc, you need first and foremost to have your credentials evaluated by SAQA. Think of SAQA as JAMB (not really structured as such). Before you can gain undergraduate admissions here, you need JAMB to say you can.

What SAQA does is to evaluate your credentials and determine whether you have the necessary qualifications and grade to pursue your chosen course (among other things). Initially, they may ask for a Certified True Copy to be sent to them. The earliest is a month (but costs more). If they are satisfied, you get a response from them. However, you may be required to send them the originals of the credentials if they see the need to investigate further.

The response from them will determine whether you will go on to apply to the university or not. However, I have heard that some courses don't require SAQA (not sure of the veracity of this claim)

All the best bro.
hello please i am submitting my application next week here in lagos at the application centre in ikeja,lagos so do i have to book an appointment with them first before i submit my application to them. if i am to do that do i have to pay any money for it ? or should i just go and submit with out making any appointments or arrangement with them?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:47am On Jun 14, 2013
ibrak200: hello please i am submitting my application next week here in lagos at the application centre in ikeja,lagos so do i have to book an appointment with them first before i submit my application to them. if i am to do that do i have to pay any money for it ? or should i just go and submit with out making any appointments or arrangement with them?

@Ibrak, are you applying for a study visa or another type? This will determine WHERE and possibly HOW you apply. Please note that I have not spoken on WHEN you can apply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cacius: 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hi Guys. A south african friend of mine own a company in SA and he intends to employ me there. If he send me a letter of employment what will the embassy ask from me prior to applying? What other documents will he send in addition to the letter of employment. I will be waiting to hear from the great minds here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:48am On Jun 18, 2013
@joshdamie

Stop dropping your number here to be contacted, if you can't help people here openly like others then back off.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dynamyte: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
@collinsfbi pls I need your help, I am currently in Cape Town on a 3 months multiple entry visitor's visa,I came in on the 12th of June, I'm expected to leave SA on the 11th of July, since its stated on the visa that I must not exceed 30 days on each entry. The problem I have now is that I intend to stay for 2 months at a stretch so instead of leaving on the 11th of july, I would want to leave on the 11th of august. Pls any advice on how to go about it? Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alphizo(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2013
I also have a 3 months visa but still in nigeria, am travelling soon but the thought of getting a work permit when i get there is really getting me worried, pls anyone can help out, what do i need to do and what documents do i need to go there with to process my work permit, i also wanna work and school. pls assist... thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
alphizo: I also have a 3 months visa but still in nigeria, am travelling soon but the thought of getting a work permit when i get there is really getting me worried, pls anyone can help out, what do i need to do and what documents do i need to go there with to process my work permit, i also wanna work and school. pls assist... thank you
Requirements for work permit in south Africa.
Go to your nearest Home Affairs office or South African representative if you are applying from abroad.
Complete form BI-1738.
Submit the following:
passport valid for at least 30 days after expiry of visit to South Africa
a vaccination certificate, if required
a medical report and radiological report 
cash deposit of equivalent value of your return ticket to your country of origin or residence
proof of financial means in the form of:
bank statements
cash available, or travellers’ cheques to cover living expenses until you receive a salary
a valid temporary residence permit, if applicable
a police clearance from all countries you lived in since the age of 18 for 12 months or longer
contract of employment signed by  you and  your employer
provide proof of the qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). If your qualifications are not in English, you must have them translated by a sworn translator 
proof of experience and skills in line with the job
your employer should submit:
certificate by Department of Labour or extract from the database of a benchmarking organisation stipulating the salary earned by  employees occupying similar positions in  South Africa
original advertisement in the national printed media, which must comply with regulation :
reflect  the full particulars of the relevant newspaper or magazine and the date on which the advertisement was published
stipulates the minimum qualifications and experience required to fill the position
clearly define the position and duties to be performed
state the closing date, the applications may not be older than 3 months at the time of application for work permit 
proof that all short-listed candidates have been interviewed in terms of regulation 
a letter of motivation accompanied by documentation of proof of efforts made to obtain the services of a citizen/residence 
undertaking to register with the professional body, board or council in  South Africa, where applicable
letter of registration, where required by a law, from the relevant professional body/board/council
full particulars of employer and proof of registration with the Registrar of Companies.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2013
dynamyte: @collinsfbi pls I need your help, I am currently in Cape Town on a 3 months multiple entry visitor's visa,I came in on the 12th of June, I'm expected to leave SA on the 11th of July, since its stated on the visa that I must not exceed 30 days on each entry. The problem I have now is that I intend to stay for 2 months at a stretch so instead of leaving on the 11th of july, I would want to leave on the 11th of august. Pls any advice on how to go about it? Thank you
Apply for Swaziland Tourist Visa using any trustworthy immigration lawyer, you will get it within a week, with this you can be stamped in and out of SA and that gives you the opportunity to stay another month in SA.

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
has anyone experienced a succesful visa application result under 5 working days? A friend applied for tourist visa at abuja centre on the 14th june and got a text today that its ready for collection. How is that? I assume its too early
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alphizo(m): 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
surdik:
Requirements for work permit in south Africa.
Go to your nearest Home Affairs office or South African representative if you are applying from abroad.
Complete form BI-1738.
Submit the following:
passport valid for at least 30 days after expiry of visit to South Africa
a vaccination certificate, if required
a medical report and radiological report 
cash deposit of equivalent value of your return ticket to your country of origin or residence
proof of financial means in the form of:
bank statements
cash available, or travellers’ cheques to cover living expenses until you receive a salary
a valid temporary residence permit, if applicable
a police clearance from all countries you lived in since the age of 18 for 12 months or longer
contract of employment signed by  you and  your employer
provide proof of the qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). If your qualifications are not in English, you must have them translated by a sworn translator 
proof of experience and skills in line with the job
your employer should submit:
certificate by Department of Labour or extract from the database of a benchmarking organisation stipulating the salary earned by  employees occupying similar positions in  South Africa
original advertisement in the national printed media, which must comply with regulation :
reflect  the full particulars of the relevant newspaper or magazine and the date on which the advertisement was published
stipulates the minimum qualifications and experience required to fill the position
clearly define the position and duties to be performed
state the closing date, the applications may not be older than 3 months at the time of application for work permit 
proof that all short-listed candidates have been interviewed in terms of regulation 
a letter of motivation accompanied by documentation of proof of efforts made to obtain the services of a citizen/residence 
undertaking to register with the professional body, board or council in  South Africa, where applicable
letter of registration, where required by a law, from the relevant professional body/board/council
full particulars of employer and proof of registration with the Registrar of Companies.

@surdik, thanks so much for the information... i will get bck to you when i need more info, thanks so mch
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by RichYoungRuler(m): 11:44am On Jun 22, 2013
hi all, i appreciate the good work done here so far, pls i would like to find out if guys are using the purple olive hotel site for payment as the reservation shows a booking.com website which was included in the requirements page as a third party site. thanks, then when an employer is sponsoring one is d sponsored person still suppose to include his own acct details, isnt that of the employer enough? then if you own your company who is then to write the recommendation letter on ur behalf,is it d secretary or who? thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by almajiri101: 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
This thread has to be closed down now coz there would be no need for useless info again since the visa free agreement between naija and SA has been signed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
almajiri101: This thread has to be closed down now coz there would be no need for useless info again since the visa free agreement between naija and SA has been signed.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/nigeria-safrica-approve-visa-waivers/

Dream on!, you really wish, take your passport and head to SA then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.