Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723543 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 4:05am On Oct 09, 2012
Is that so? U mean its impossible to submit application that same day and that if I go today I might not be able to get it done? This is rubbish if so
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:51am On Oct 09, 2012
ukshirts: Hello please,I am als applying for SA visa,I intend to visit there in dec for 2 weeks,I want to ask do I have to submit my original documents like CAC certicate,child and mariage certificate etc

No! Photocopies of documents are accepted even including photocopy of vaccination card.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2012
bigmitchmob: Things re not the way they used to be in SA embassy. I went to their new office at Ikeja to submit my application, but couldn't submit that same day. I had to booked for Dec. 7th which was the available date. Unlike before when you can just walked in and submit your application. They are strict now.

Our names and Passport numbers were written on a booklet and you will be given a number.

December is way too far for me. Dunno what to do.

They only attend to first-time travelers Thursdays and Fridays. Every other day for frequent travelers.

That has been the system since July this year. Only Abuja application centre allows submission for all categories all days of the week on first come first serve system with maximum of 100 applications daily. Meanwhile Lagos application centre allows submission for frequent travelers, medical and cooperate clients on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday only while first time applicants are scheduled for Thursday and Friday of every week with maximum of 200 applications daily in all.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 7:33am On Oct 09, 2012
opsy4real1: Is that so? U mean its impossible to submit application that same day and that if I go today I might not be able to get it done? This is rubbish if so

Now it's advisable for first time travelers to plan their trip by booking appointment for submission ahead of time else you can no longer submit your application any time you want it. This policy has created an avenue for "Visa Agent" to dupe and bill applicants exorbitantly because they want to submit their application in time. Note: they will brainwash you that they have inner client who will facilate earlier appointment for submission and they will charge you, with eagerness to make earlier submission you will accept, meanwhile it's all lies, they will only apply for you with fake documents through corperate clients or medical. If you are eager to make earlier submission without any visa agent you can do it yourself only if you wish to do such a thing. Contact any recognised South African Medical Clinic online and book appointment with them, print your appointment page which must contain your name, date and if possible your address and possport number then you are good to go for submission any day of the week. With your printed medical appointment page the security men will allow you in any day of the week for submission.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigmitchmob: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2012
opsy4real1: Is that so? U mean its impossible to submit application that same day and that if I go today I might not be able to get it done? This is rubbish if so

Yes, you can't submit today. They don't attend to first time travelers today, only Thursdays and Fridays.

You need go book first and you will be given a number..

For submission, go Thursdays or Fridays if you are a first time traveler.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigmitchmob: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2012
collinsfbi:

That has been the system since July this year. Only Abuja application centre allows submission for all categories all days of the week on first come first serve system with maximum of 100 applications daily. Meanwhile Lagos application centre allows submission for frequent travelers, medical and cooperate clients on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday only while first applicants are scheduled for Thursday and Friday of every week with maximum of 200 applications daily in all.

Gbamm over n out

I'll be going to Abuja tomorrow, can i go with my application for submission? I'm based in Lagos.

Please, I need your urgent response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:42am On Oct 09, 2012
And that number might nt fall anytime within a week? If so to hell with them. Am nt applyin for SA anymore.
bigmitchmob: [color=#000099][/color]

Yes, you can't submit today. They don't attend to first time travelers today, only Thursdays and Fridays.

You need go book first and you will be given a number..

For submission, go Thursdays or Fridays if you are a first time traveler.
...a
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2012

I'll be going to Abuja tomorrow, can i go with my application for submission? I'm based in Lagos.

Yes, you have no problem
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
Bro, I wish u luck wen u travel to abuja re ur application. Pls let me know how it goes for submission at abuja wen done tomorow. Thanks

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2012
@ Oga Collins, what are d needed document needed by a first tym traveller, d amount needed and other stuffs needed 2 attend.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pelumiv: @ Oga Collins, what are d needed document needed by a first tym traveller, d amount needed and other stuffs needed 2 attend.

Check page 3 of this thread.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2012
Thanks. Although I work for myself, I haven't register my company name. Is it possible to apply with the company been registered or one can apply with newly registered name?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:37am On Oct 12, 2012
Anyone applied at south africa visa application centre, abuja recently?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2012
Pelumiv: Thanks. Although I work for myself, I haven't register my company name. Is it possible to apply with the company been registered or one can apply with newly registered name?
If you have a registered company, then you can go ahead but you must be careful with how you structure your purpose of visiting most especially if you are going to use either of the company statement of account or personal account. SA visa is the easiest to get but over confident or ignorance can lead to wasting of application fee.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alecwatts(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2012
It will take near one months for all the process.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2012
i want to go to the one at oregun to submit my documents for my dec 2weeks trip to SA with my families, pls can we submit our documents the same day like paying for VIP? because we want to visit SAFA this Dec,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olympus76: 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2012
Can anyone in the forum help me out.I met an agent who promise to do 1yr multiple SA visa 4 me from ghana,pls is it possible? I want to know how to go about d sbmission of SA visa application here in nigeria.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
Zzz
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2012
morpheus24: Mr Ziggz

You seem an intelligent enough fellow so my advice would be try your luck and see what happens. If you truly intend on spending a short time in SA then by all means seek it out only know that it is possible you might get tempted to stay there. Seeing that you have never been there before you are not aware that SA is very comparable to Brazil in terms of living standards.

IF you do plan on re settling in Brazil for reasons it seems you have researched into then good luck to you.

The past has a harsh way of catching up with us eventually though.

Brotherly, I'm grateful. I have decided to go ahead and give it a shot. Although I can't claim any immunity from the likely temptation you foresee, I'm just about 101% certain that SA won't be as appealing to me. I mean, I've visited a number of more developed countries (which is why my US visa interviews never really exceeded 5mins.) and it has never crossed my mind to stay back. Brasil has been my dream for the longest that's why i'm hell-bent on investing that much and settling there.

My gratitude to you remains intact though, cos i'll be needing all the luck I can get from this point forth...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:03am On Oct 15, 2012
Dare14: i want to go to the one at oregun to submit my documents for my dec 2weeks trip to SA with my families, pls can we submit our documents the same day like paying for VIP? because we want to visit SAFA this Dec,
If you are a first time applicant, you have to book appointment for submission, there is nothing like VIP applicant. Meanwhile, if you are a frequent traveler you can go for submission any day of the week except thursdays.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:14am On Oct 15, 2012
olympus76: Can anyone in the forum help me out.I met an agent who promise to do 1yr multiple SA visa 4 me from ghana,pls is it possible? I want to know how to go about d sbmission of SA visa application here in nigeria.thanks

If you really need my advice, I will sincerely tell you to stop parading agents but if you have money to waste then I can't stop you. If you are a first time applicant, all you can get is 3 months multiple entry.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:14am On Oct 15, 2012
I have applied for S.A Visa twice in Lagos. One in February but refused and another in March but withdrew my application in June cos they failed to treat my application in time and cudnt wait for long. Now am i still a first timer applicant that needs to book appointment or I can submit my application any day i want cos i had applied twice already. Thx bauthor=collinsfbi]
If you are a first time applicant, you have to book appointment for submission, there is nothing like VIP applicant. Meanwhile, if you are a frequent traveler you can go for submission any day of the week except thursdays.

Gbamm over n out[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2012
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2012
ziqqz: Baba Collinsfbi!

I hail thee.

Pls lemme double-check one last matter with you... Abeg have you got any clue about what the minimum amount required in a bank statement for tourist visa purposes may be?

From 300k above, you are free to go.

And, on the other hand, having taken your words into consideration too, I have decided to just give it a shot. I will apply with the same passport with which i returned from the US. I do not plan to use any fake documentation whatsoever because I have basically all the core requirements for a visa. However, I will not include a company letter-headed/employment document because I am not employed in Nigeria. I think sticking with my current passports will make my application VERY strong due to my extensive travel history. I considered getting a new e-passport with new names that I will have legally adopted (except my surname of course). But that would make me a first-time traveler in their view, thereby significantly weakening my application (my assumption is that virgin passports and first-time travelers generally have it tough).
I think it's better using your current passport, though it's not that tough applying with a virgin passport but it's not the best for you and it will render many of your current documents useless. One more thing, if can as well invest in SA that is if you really have what it takes as you claimed, you won't regret it and you can easily connect to any part of the world through SA.

Plus, seeing how the Super Eagles mauled Liberia yesterday, I may just have found one more reason to visit SA. Again, it's just gonna be a holiday while I sort out my Brasil move. I'm already down to two lawyers after screening a whole lot of them who can handle the process of getting my Brasilian permanent residence by investment. Within this week, I'm sure I'll make a final choice, and then the processing - from business registration to clearance for my visa in my home country - usually takes about 60 days. So after this is done, I guess my time in SA would be done too.
smiley smiley smiley

My plan is to apply for a 12-week tourist visa. I have a ticket I bought through kayak. I made cheap hotel reservations through agoda dot ccom, in Jburg, Durban and cape Town - staying 4 weeks in each city. My visa application wil also include all the connecting flights between all these cities, because i also booked them online. All other matters are straight. I'll only cross my fingers about the discovery of the US record.
Make sure you use a paid hotel besides you don't necessarily need to book hotels in many cities and you don't need to state that you will stay for a whole of 12 weeks. In most cases, all you can get is usually 3 months multiple entry as first time applicant in which you are not expected to stay up 12 weeks. I will advise you to state maximum of 2 weeks and make hotel booking in just one city. You will be granted a 3 month multiple entry which allow you to stay more than the 2 weeks depending on your ticket reservation which must correspond with you hotel booking when applying. If you don't want to return after some weeks before the visa expires, you can stamp out from any neigbouring country close to SA and return to SA.

Gbamm over n ou

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 15, 2012
collinsfbi, you're too much. thanks aplenty!

I hear you bro about investing in SA, but one of the utmost reasons why I'm hell-bent on Brasil is because of the prospects that the upcoming world cup, and then olympic games, can offer my intended hosteling business. Had this been prior to the 2010 world cup in SA, I might have seriously considered. Besides, Brasil has a much greater inflow of tourists - who are my target market - than SA. But time will tell. I'll see how I evaluate the SA economy from the experience I get when I hopefully visit there.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 10:29am On Oct 15, 2012
@Ziggz,

All the previous advice provided by past commentators like Collinsfbi etc should not be taken with pinch of salt as they are valuable.

You are still eligible to travel to any country in the world in spite of your convictions in the States.

I'm also of the opinion that you should use your current passport. To eliminate castin doubts, simply tick sections where it asks "if you have ever been convicted of crime in any countries visited in past". A simple tick of "yes" to answers in this column is all that stands between your proposed immigration endeavors. That way, you are not witholdin information, yet it doesn't almost mean u are inadmissable to enter SA for purposes of visit.

I wish you all the best brother. And to all those aspiring to apply for SA visas in Nigeria, I wish everyone goodluck!

In the words of the great leader; CollinsFbi " Gbam over and out"! Ha ha!

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
@collinsfbi, pls kindly respond to my last question. I applied twice at south africa embassy,lagos but without visas. Now i want to reapply again, am i considad as first timer traveller because i was nt lucky to av visas previously or i can apply and submit anyday since i had applied twice before. Thx

collinsfbi:

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by valentino81(m): 2:38am On Oct 16, 2012
NLDERs, will someone who is applying for tourist visa in S.A that is self sponsored using his own regstd busness cert include tax clearance certificate regadless of using either personal or company account? And the letter of purpose of visit; is it to be combined with letter of intro, or done sepaprately and what's the best method preferable? Looking forwrd to responses ASAP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
opsy4real1: @collinsfbi, pls kindly respond to my last question. I applied twice at south africa embassy,lagos but without visas. Now i want to reapply again, am i considad as first timer traveller because i was nt lucky to av visas previously or i can apply and submit anyday since i had applied twice before. Thx

Even if you were denied ten times, you are still considered as applicant with no traveling record. To be sincere with you, you are still a first time applicant/traveler. Can you share briefly some of the experiences of your previous application all together with the documents submitted?

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
valentino81: NLDERs, will someone who is applying for tourist visa in S.A that is self sponsored using his own regstd busness cert include tax clearance certificate regadless of using either personal or company account? And the letter of purpose of visit; is it to be combined with letter of intro, or done sepaprately and what's the best method preferable? Looking forwrd to responses ASAP.

If you have a registered business, it will be the best to include your company docs which will serve as tie to your home country. Since you are sponsoring your trip yourself, your personal statement of account must be included regardless of the company statement but if you still want to include your company statement of account, no problem, but make sure your personal statement of account has enough fund regardless of any amount you have in your company account. Besides, your letter of application for visa must contain the purpose of your visit and must be done separately from your letter of introduction which can be done with your company letter head stating your relationship/position with the company.

Gbamm over n out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.