Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1725814 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
omepower: Please is true that once your admission letter has been issued to you, that you have only 30days to Apply for study permit??

Some even apply after a year.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
yinchar: @Samtol4, please what did you meant by embassies in Lagos and Abuja are not collecting study permit application again?....Please kindly explain further when does that starts, because am going to Abuja on Thursday to submit my study permit application for my PhD programme. Thanks

PhDs can apply anytime. Go to the embassy and try explaining yourself to the staff inside. Please, don't let the security men turn you back.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 8:28am On Jul 19, 2014
TYPOP:

Last one I did for someone took about 6 weeks. Just got the report today.

Please,I would like to know,the one you applied for is it for 10 working days or 20 working days,because to me thats too long a time if your application is for express(10 working days).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2014
TYPOP:

Last one I did for someone took about 6 weeks. Just got the report today.
alright, thanks.
what if I apply for the '10 working days' option. will I have to wait for a longer period?.
I just need the evaluation to be done in the shortest possible time.
again, from your previous response, I'd like to know if my transcript(student copy) and statement of result will be accepted by SAQA... because my degree certificate isn't ready yet.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
The 20days and 10days time frame on Saqa website is the official period however evaluation can take longer time even in some cases 8months depending on the following factors: 1.when there is no response from your school.2.when there is contradiction on the transcripts submitted and the report from your school 3.slow response from your school .4.when you submit statement of result it might take longer period than certificate 5.when your results look confusing and unclear to Saqa 6.when there are SPIRITUAL FORCES who don't want you to leave Nigeria .Above all some schools in Nigeria don't respond to emails if you attend such schools you need to pray harder for evaluation to be ready on time .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
20LEGAL BUSINESSES YOU CAN DO IN SA :1.saloon(haircut)2.poultry 3.Phone repairs 4.Trading in Gold .5.Weaving/plating of hair 6.shipping food items from Nigeria or Ghana to SA 7.Canteen/restaurant business.8Dog business. (buy puppies in SA and resell in Nigeria 9.selling of new phones/tablet and laptop 10.Buying of used Tv/fridge/heater/ Ac from companies and resell to individuals 11. Operate tutorial centers 12.clothes business ..Boutique you may specialize in male suits 13.bureau change 14.buy second hand car and resell in SA(make sure it is not stolen vehicle) .15. To 20 ask God to give you business ideas .

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ramzylipi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hey guys, pls I intend to go to SA to start a new life with a good job, I studied Animal Science with 3yrs working experience, what can I do, can I get a job from here or I av to get to SA 1st. Tanx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nunushokoto(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nunushokoto: pls i nid ansa 4rm a honest person.....m an undagrad nd m tinkin of doin my masters in SA nd probably live there bt d problem is dat m hearin different news abt d country...sum say nigerians in SA are suffering nd odas say its a nyc place so i rili wana knw wot life in SA looks like.
pls sm1 shud ansa me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
samtol4: The 20days and 10days time frame on Saqa website is the official period however evaluation can take longer time even in some cases 8months depending on the following factors: 1.when there is no response from your school.2.when there is contradiction on the transcripts submitted and the report from your school 3.slow response from your school .4.when you submit statement of result it might take longer period than certificate 5.when your results look confusing and unclear to Saqa 6.when there are SPIRITUAL FORCES who don't want you to leave Nigeria .Above all some schools in Nigeria don't respond to emails if you attend such schools you need to pray harder for evaluation to be ready on time .

shocked na wa o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lstar4real(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2014
@samtol4 am interested in business in sa like sellng phones and gadget ...which visa do i need and how to go about it ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2014
TYPOP:
The university was on holiday. They just resumed but are facing supplementary exams at the moment. They should be able to attend to you by the end of the month.
Cheers.
Tanks for the info. God bless you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:42am On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=tosol][/quote]Thanks a great deal for the info.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Nunushokoto: pls sm1 shud ansa me
it is true that the rate of unemployment in SA is high. However, you need to have a clear plan on what you want to do whilst you are there. Their economy tends to favour those who are specially skilled in a particular field such as salon business, teaching, automobile, food business e.t.c as opposed to looking for paid employment which is difficult to get. I wish u all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Nunushokoto: pls sm1 shud ansa me
It is true that the rate of unemployment in SA is high. However, you need to have a clear plan on what you want to do whilst you are there. Their economy tends to favour those who are specially skilled in a particular field such as salon business, teaching, automobile, food business e.t.c as opposed to looking for paid employment which is difficult to get. I wish u all the best. tongue
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
chemashie:
I think you have a chance when you go to the embassy and explain yourself to them. Don't discuss with the security at the gate or else you will be turned back. You submit from monday to wednesday anytime from 11 am.

Oga Chemashie,

I throw salute ooo. How are you enjoying Grahamstown? Did you feel the vibe of the Grahamstown National Arts Festival? Felt the vibrancy of the normally "sleepy" town?

Hope your studies are rounding off nicely?

Stay focused and God will bless your efforts.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Manager007:

Oga Chemashie,

I throw salute ooo. How are you enjoying Grahamstown? Did you feel the vibe of the Grahamstown National Arts Festival? Felt the vibrancy of the normally "sleepy" town?

Hope your studies are rounding off nicely?

Stay focused and God will bless your efforts.
It was a nice experience, never knew the sleepy Grahamstown can come to live with influx of people from different places to witness the festival. My program is for 3years and this is my 1st year. Thanx for checking on me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nunushokoto(m): 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
yinksob002: it is true that the rate of unemployment in SA is high. However, you need to have a clear plan on what you want to do whilst you are there. Their economy tends to favour those who are specially skilled in a particular field such as salon business, teaching, automobile, food business e.t.c as opposed to looking for paid employment which is difficult to get. It all depends on what you set out to do before leaving Naija. I wish u all the best.
i'm studyin nutrition and dietetics
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
samtol4: 20LEGAL BUSINESSES YOU CAN DO IN SA :1.saloon(haircut)2.poultry 3.Phone repairs 4.Trading in Gold .5.Weaving/plating of hair 6.shipping food items from Nigeria or Ghana to SA 7.Canteen/restaurant business.8Dog business. (buy puppies in SA and resell in Nigeria 9.selling of new phones/tablet and laptop 10.Buying of used Tv/fridge/heater/ Ac from companies and resell to individuals 11. Operate tutorial centers 12.clothes business ..Boutique you may specialize in male suits 13.bureau change 14.buy second hand car and resell in SA(make sure it is not stolen vehicle) .15. To 20 ask God to give you business ideas .
Music Business
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
samtol4: The 20days and 10days time frame on Saqa website is the official period however evaluation can take longer time even in some cases 8months depending on the following factors: 1.when there is no response from your school.2.when there is contradiction on the transcripts submitted and the report from your school 3.slow response from your school .4.when you submit statement of result it might take longer period than certificate 5.when your results look confusing and unclear to Saqa 6.when there are SPIRITUAL FORCES who don't want you to leave Nigeria .Above all some schools in Nigeria don't respond to emails if you attend such schools you need to pray harder for evaluation to be ready on time .
Mine took 20 days but the reply i got was to wait while they confirm from my alma mata but i doubt their ability to respond swiftly. This is an excerpt from SAQA mail:

Please note that the time required to process applications is counted from the time as all relevant information and documentation is available. The responsibility to providing information is a joint one between saqa and the applicant.

In this case, the information about the confirmation of award of the qualification is being sought. If the applicant is in a position to obtain information, it is required that a response must be sent in a sealed envelope by the institution directly to SAQA. However, SAQA still reserves the right to make follow up on the information received. In the meantime kindly submit the original document. Payment of R 668.00 is acknowledged.

@Samtol what do u see to this reply as i've submitted all my certified document with the application? Tanx.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Shine1177:
Mine took 20 days but the reply i got was to wait while they confirm from my alma mata but i doubt their ability to respond swiftly. This is an excerpt from SAQA mail:

Please note that the time required to process applications is counted from the time as all relevant information and documentation is available. The responsibility to providing information is a joint one between saqa and the applicant.

In this case, the information about the confirmation of award of the qualification is being sought. If the applicant is in a position to obtain information, it is required that a response must be sent in a sealed envelope by the institution directly to SAQA. However, SAQA still reserves the right to make follow up on the information received. In the meantime kindly submit the original document. Payment of R 668.00 is acknowledged.

@Samtol what do u see to this reply as i've submitted all my certified document with the application? Tanx.
@shine lol .your evaluation is not ready o Saqa need Two documents from you :1letter from your school 2.original documents submiited .The evaluation will take another extra days depending on response from your school.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
15.Film industry /movie (You can attend best film production school in Africa in SA and go back to Nigeria to start training people as apprentices.(One nairalander is doing that already I won't mention names)16.estate business(buy houses and resell).17 .flat/house renting I.e rent 3bedroom flat or more and fix in tenants. 18.Music school (where people are trained on how to play musical instruments !many churches need instrumentalists.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
samtol4: @shine lol .your evaluation is not ready o Saqa need Two documents from you :1letter from your school 2.original documents submiited .The evaluation will take another extra days depending on response from your school.
Tanx.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 8:04am On Jul 21, 2014
samtol4: 15.Film industry /movie (You can attend best film production school in Africa in SA and go back to Nigeria to start training people as apprentices.(One nairalander is doing that already I won't mention names)16.estate business(buy houses and resell).17 .flat/house renting I.e rent 3bedroom flat or more and fix in tenants. 18.Music school (where people are trained on how to play musical instruments !many churches need instrumentalists.
Yes music is one of the most needed profession in SA.the pay is okay.u get much more cash wen u pperform at CAFES regularly
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2014
samtol4: 20LEGAL BUSINESSES YOU CAN DO IN SA :1.saloon(haircut)2.poultry 3.Phone repairs 4.Trading in Gold .5.Weaving/plating of hair 6.shipping food items from Nigeria or Ghana to SA 7.Canteen/restaurant business.8Dog business. (buy puppies in SA and resell in Nigeria 9.selling of new phones/tablet and laptop 10.Buying of used Tv/fridge/heater/ Ac from companies and resell to individuals 11. Operate tutorial centers 12.clothes business ..Boutique you may specialize in male suits 13.bureau change 14.buy second hand car and resell in SA(make sure it is not stolen vehicle) .15. To 20 ask God to give you business ideas .

Lol @ 15 - 20
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=TYPOP]

Lol @ 15 - 20[/quoteGOD WILL REVEAL TO YOU SIR
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Job Descriptions:

T&L Assistants (14 posts, 4 PMB, 3 Howard College, 3 Westville, 2 Medical School and 2 Edgewood)

The role requires the incumbents to assist staff in the use of teaching and learning platforms at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, primarily Moodle. The assistants will teach staff how to use software related to this function and provide first line support of this software. Training will be provided and incumbents will report to the Academic Computing Manager.

Minimum Requirements
Postgraduate students in Education, Computer Science or Information Systems. Exposure to tutoring or training.

Advantages
Exposure to Moodle.

T&L Assistant Co-ordinator

(Positioned at Howard College)

Reporting to the Academic Computing Manager, the successful candidate will co-ordinate the activities of the T&L Assistants employed by Academic Computing.

Minimum Requirements

Exposure to tutoring and teaching. Administrative experience.

Material Developers x 2

(Positioned at Howard College)

The job involves developing materials on some of the tools offered by Academic Computing. The materials will be developed in english

Minimum Requirements

Strong fluency in English.

Advantages

Knowledge of Moodle. Experience at writing documentation.

CLOSING DATE: 25 July 2014

Kindly send a cover letter and CV ngubanee@ukzn.ac.za or you can drop them off at Student Employment Office Shepstone Building Room 413.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
The HIV Pathogenesis Programme (HPP) laboratory has an opportunity for a student who is interested in pursuing a Master of Science (MSc) degree by research. The laboratory is located at the Doris Duke Medical Research Institute, Nelson R. Mandela School of Medicine, University of KwaZulu-Natal. Research projects are in the broad fields of HIV and TB pathogenesis (immunology, virology, host/pathogen interaction). Our laboratory emphasizes innovative exploratory research and training of predoctoral and postdoctoral researchers. The student will be directly supervised by faculty member, Dr Jaclyn Mann. Prospective applicants should demonstrate familiarity with recent research publications by this researcher.
The MSc degree requires at least one year of study, at the end of which the candidate for the degree submits a dissertation that is subject to review by an external examiner. Full- time students must usually complete their degrees within three years, and publication of research findings in peer-reviewed journals is expected.
Interested applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
 Holders of an honors degree (for Masters) in biomedical/biological sciences or an equivalent degree
 Familiarity with basic principles in immunology, molecular biology, virology or human genetics
 Excellent undergraduate academic record
 Outstanding academic and character reference reports
 Availability to work full-time in the laboratory
 Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
 Prior work experience in biomedical research will be an advantage
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Applicants are required to submit a one-page cover letter briefly describing their research
interests, a detailed CV, highlighting their experience in each of the minimum requirements listed above, together with the name, telephone no. and fax no. or e-mail address of two referees who are available to comment on your academic and research competence or potential. Address your applications to Ms Zoe Hlubi, HPP, Doris Duke Medical Research Institute, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Private Bag 7 Congella, Durban 4013, Fax No. 031-260-4036 or email hlubin@ukzn.ac.za.
Terms of appointment and Selection Process
The positions will be offered in compliance with admission policies of the University of
KwaZulu-Natal. A flat rate monthly stipend will be paid to the successful applicants for the duration of the study program.
The selection process will commence in August 2014 and will continue until suitable candidates are appointed or a decision is taken not to fill the positions.
Closing Date for applications 6th August 2014
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
ENGINEERING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT

WE’RE AN ESTABLISHED CIVIL & STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING COMPANY BASED IN DURBAN, LOOKING TO APPOINT GRADUATES WISHING TO SPECIALIZE IN WATER AND/OR ROADS ENGINEERING.
We provide exposure to various types of projects as well as;
 Design work on current projects using latest software packages
 Documentation, report writing, presentation skills
 Aspects of the project life cycle
 Identifying the skills that YOU need improvement & intervention.

REQUIREMENTS:
Proof of completion – B Eng Civil
Minimum of 60% aggregate

Kindly forward us your curriculum vitae with relevant certificates to: reception@pgaconsulting.co.za
Enquiries: 031 263 2583
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 24, 2014
udemski: Try this link

Www.booking.com

You should be fine

Cheers

Verifiable hotel reservation/bookings which must be done directly with the hotels and not through third parties, (e.g. booking .com; hotel .com, HRS, etc).
http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/pdf/Checklist_final_version_29.08.12.pdf
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
DST-NRF Centres of Excellence: Call for Applications
Print

Call for Applications:

BURSARIES FOR MASTERS AND DOCTORAL STUDENTS AND POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWS

And

CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR RESEARCH FUNDING

DST-NRF Centres of Excellence (CoEs) are physical or virtual centres of research which concentrate existing capacity and resources to enable researchers to collaborate across disciplines and institutions on long-term projects that are locally relevant and internationally competitive in order to enhance the pursuit of research excellence and capacity development. The five key performance areas of CoEs are Research, Education and Training, Information Brokerage, Networking and Service Rendering. The five research themes of the CoE in Human Development are Child Growth and Development, Families, Wellbeing, Violence and Livelihoods, and the two cross-cutting areas are Methodology and Innovation and Evaluation and Policy.

Two rounds of applications will be considered in the 2014/15 year, one with a due date of 30 August 2014 and the other with a due date 30 November 2014.

Applications must be submitted to the CoE Director, Professor Linda Richter (linda.richter@wits.ac.za or lrichter@hsrc.ac.za).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aekmanweb(m): 12:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
Is this thread for people going to study in SA or general SA inquiries. Anyway, i like to confirm the update about getting SA Visa cos i learnt the High Commission only issue between 7 to 10 working days Visa to tourist. I have been there once, have two SA Visas the first (3)mnth Visa whch i didnt use, the second (6)mnth Visa whch i only spent 21days in SA. I am planning to go as a tourist once again, has there been any changes in application processes. Kindly feed me in peepz....thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.