Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,645 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723301 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sassyp(m): 4:48am On Aug 11, 2014
hey guys...pls where can i get a very nice budget hotel or guest house in joburg....any ideas plssss....around places like sandton,melville,randburg..safe areas sha...gurus in the house oya make una dey talk....thanks guys
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pls has anybody here done SAQA successfully lately?

#strickly a Nigerian pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
holyboss: Pls has anybody here done SAQA successfully lately?
#strickly a Nigerian pls

I applied a month ago, still waiting for their notification.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
Emasel:

I applied a month ago, still waiting for their notification.
did u apply for the 10days processing or 20days?

- And did u apply with just waec or u added nigeria tetiary institution cert or transcript?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
harlyon: . Okay I will better wait for the SMS.thx.,,,,,,,, but what if they didn't send a text cos I hv heard that they don't send txt at times.
. Its up to a month now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
holyboss: did u apply for the 10days processing or 20days?

- And did u apply with just waec or u added nigeria tetiary institution cert or transcript?

I applied for 10 days and all the required documents(transcript,waec certificate and degree result) were attached to my application.

When did you apply ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
Emasel:

I applied for 10 days and all the required documents(transcript,waec certificate and degree result) were attached to my application.

When did you apply ?
I applied for 10days aswell nd is 15days today after my application..

They mailed me last week telling me that dey cud not get d application status of my school from the ministry that I may have to go to the ministry myself to get d accreditation status sent to dem tho they are still working on it but until they get the package my application status will remain suspended..

I was like what da Bleep Go to Abuja (that's another 20k) 7hrs on road from whr I stay + dhl to saqa again and all that...

D shit makes me tink Hw much will I spend on SAQA and what d assurance that the form will still b available by d time I will b getting d evaluation result undecided
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Emasel:

When did you apply ?
If you are applying for saqa from Nigeria don't waste your money applying for 10 days processing. It's better to apply long before you will need the assessment results for any admission or travelling documentations. It's always take more than 10 days for them to process your qualification especially if your school is slow in responding to their communications.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 12, 2014
ugsams: Please i need matured advice and candid opinion here.

I met this lady who is a xhosa mixed with sotho, we have really developed strong feeling for each other. We have at several occasions considered the option of getting married.

I don't live in South Africa, my immediate plan doesn't include living there and even if I will have to, it will be living there for a short period of time which is likely going to be few weeks or months of several visits just to enable us know each other over time. I would've loved to make her be the one to visit me instead but after we both analyzed the situation of things, we decided that i should be the one to visit because she is a single mother and works in the South Africa Police Service, so it won't really be convenient for her and i am the one who has the chance to do that now.

We have talked about paying her Lobolo and marriage but then there is also the the need for us to also to spend some time to see how compatible we are. Although, we spend a lot of time online I still think it its not enough.

My questions are:
What type of visa will be the most appropriate visa for me to apply for this visit?

What will be the likely requirements?

For someone who doesn't live in South Africa, what's the position of the law on getting married to a South African citizen?

What will be the process of getting married and the required documentation?

What are the benefits of marrying a South African?

***Note: I am not particularly in a hurry about getting Residence Permit as I am already processing my travel documents to another country. I am doing this because I want to start a family with this wonderful lady. I will also appreciate general advice that will be very important in my decision making or guide my procedures. Please I will need everyones advice

Some love! Benefits ke? toto & love no be enough? Some women are just plain dumb if they believe such. What are the benefits of marrying a naija man Lol this sound like one of those citizenship thingz cheesy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2014
Sassyp: hello guys,anyone in joburg?wld be coming around next weekend...got my visa today so i'l be coming around next week...where are all those nairalanders in joburg...oya make una identify una self 1 by 1...pls guys any ideas on where and where to visit?
. Pls hw much did u pay for ur ticket? And what airline. Got my visa today
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elezmartiz: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Greeting to the house;please i need urgent assistance how to apply for south africa visiting visa;and i intend to use my personal CAC document.please what else
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elezmartiz: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
Greeting to the house;please i need urgent assistance how to apply for south africa visiting visa;and i intend to use my personal CAC document.please

what else[color=#000099][/color]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
BluIvy:

Some love! Benefits ke? toto & love no be enough? Some women are just plain dumb if they believe such. What are the benefits of marrying a naija man Lol this sound like one of those citizenship thingz cheesy

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I meant benefit and I deliberately asked for the benefits of marrying a South African lady because I have my reasons. Yes, citizenship can be part of it, at least I will be entitled to it if I later get married to this lady and remained married for the required duration of which I know that I will remain married to her if we end up as couples.

I asked my questions in order to balance the opinions I have received from close sources which is highly on the negative. These negative opinions include that SA women are troublesome, that people of her tribe usually don't like their children to be taken away and will definitely want me to settle down in SA. These are just few and there many other negative opinions that I wouldn't want to disclose because they are more like a common stereotype. Some of these I can handle and I also believe that there is always an exception in every case.

Some of us are realist and won't even compromise in issues like love. In life there are the advantages and disadvantages of every decision we take. So if I chose to ask of the benefits I really have my reasons. It's more like doing a feasibility study and I will never go ahead to do anything that I know will offer me more of negatives than positive. Please i look forward to more contributiona.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
moneyhungry:
lol. bro, just be careful sha, things aren't always what they seem. southy ladies are really mysterious. read opinions of naija guys here in SA about southy chics and enlighten yourself. Good luck.

Please can you point me to where I can find the opinion of these Naija guys? I will be glad if you can. Thanks as I wait for your response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoakin(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hey peeps,

I want to find out if anyone here is studying or has studied at USB (University of Stellebosch Business School), Bellville campus.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
ugsams:

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I meant benefit and I deliberately asked for the benefits of marrying a South African lady because I have my reasons. Yes, citizenship can be part of it, at least I will be entitled to it if I later get married to this lady and remained married for the required duration of which I know that I will remain married to her if we end up as couples.

I asked my questions in order to balance the opinions I have received from close sources which is highly on the negative. These negative opinions include that SA women are troublesome, that people of her tribe usually don't like their children to be taken away and will definitely want me to settle down in SA. These are just few and there many other negative opinions that I wouldn't want to disclose because they are more like a common stereotype. Some of these I can handle and I also believe that there is always an exception in every case.

Some of us are realist and won't even compromise in issues like love. In life there are the advantages and disadvantages of every decision we take. So if I chose to ask of the benefits I really have my reasons. It's more like doing a feasibility study and I will never go ahead to do anything that I know will offer me more of negatives than positive. Please i look forward to more contributiona.

So what are benefits of marrying a Naija man? While you are at your feasibility study mode, lipsrsealed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by morpheus24: 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
ugsams:

Guy, you must be careful with Southie girls, the luv the exhibit in the beginning stages must remain suspect. Their family values are not very strong. They are quite loose and are prone to sleeping around even after marriage. Southie don't like leaving their country and are not adventurous O.

On the flip side pray this girl is more Sotho that she is Xhosa. Sotho people tend to be less troublesome compared to Xhosa or Zulu girls.

I go marry Congolese girl before I marry Southie chick o!

to be forewarned is to be fore armed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elezmartiz: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
Greeting to the house;please i need urgent assistance how to apply for south africa visiting visa;and i intend to use my personal CAC document.please what else
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
morpheus24:

Guy, you must be careful with Southie girls, the luv the exhibit in the beginning stages must remain suspect. Their family values are not very strong. They are quite loose and are prone to sleeping around even after marriage. Southie don't like leaving their country and are not adventurous O.

On the flip side pray this girl is more Sotho that she is Xhosa. Sotho people tend to be less troublesome compared to Xhosa or Zulu girls.

n

His right. Run!!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drekid(m): 9:12am On Aug 15, 2014
hi room, how long does it take to renew s/a visa? application has been sitting there since july 28th n no word or text
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 10:14am On Aug 15, 2014
I will be receiving and hosting two members of this forum to the Republic, who will be studying at University of Johannesburg. You believe anything is possible irrespective of the new rules. One love my people. Special thanks to TYPOP for the numerous advice provided on this platform. Can audio files be published on Nairaland. I have audio recordings of the meeting of students with Home Affairs officials at Sophia town Residence on Wednesday. maybe I can provide a link to it from my dropbox. the meeting centred around study permit and critical skill visa also on the new regulations.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2014
Hi house, has anybody recently received their study permit, I have submitted my application since July 22nd at Abuja, and till now...no text or any notification...did anybody received recently...Thx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
morpheus24:

Now this is getting more scary... about her tribe, my cousin also share the same view with you. When I asked her indirectly about the negative view that people hold about their tribe, she told me that whoever gave me that opinion is very wicked. She also told me that people are not the same that we all have our individual orientation.

Just last night we were exploiting the chances of her coming to Naija this month and from her response I guess she is excited.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
ugsams:

Please can you point me to where I can find the opinion of these Naija guys? I will be glad if you can. Thanks as I wait for your response.
brother, its a complex issue.
truth is, finding a decent southy lady (for marriage) is like looking for needle in a haystack... I mean, really tough.
Don't be surprised when you get home one day and meet your 'beloved' wife fvcking a plumber.
The homely manners you find in an average naija girl is alien here.
unless ma ichoro iluya maka akwukwo... if not, think am wella o.
Good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
moneyhungry:
brother, its a complex issue.
truth is, finding a decent southy lady (for marriage) is like looking for needle in a haystack... I mean, really tough.
Don't be surprised when you get home one day and meet your 'beloved' wife fvcking a plumber.
The homely manners you find in an average naija girl is alien here.
unless ma ichoro iluya maka akwukwo... if not, think am wella o.
Good luck.

Nwanne m, Dalu... I will just slow down and relax all our marriage arrangements... If after a while I still have strong feelings or reason to marry her, I will do tgat and see what is in it for me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gmolen(m): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello house. Is there anyone that can help me with the email or phone number of the South Africa High Commission, Abuja. I checked their website, but the only phone number I saw there is not going through. Its quite urgent. Many thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princeprincess: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
pls c sum1 help me out. jst got my admission to uni johann for a three yr prog. we i also pay d 110k fees.
wat if i hv traveling exprience b4. ur advice is highly needed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
princeprincess: pls c sum1 help me out. jst got my admission to uni johann for a three yr prog. we i also pay d 110k fees.
wat if i hv traveling exprience b4. ur advice is highly needed
If you are granted the visa without paying repartition fee then you don't have to pay. But if you are yet to be the granted the visa then you might be required to pay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
gmolen: Hello house. Is there anyone that can help me with the email or phone number of the South Africa High Commission, Abuja. I checked their website, but the only phone number I saw there is not going through. Its quite urgent. Many thanks.
Try this 094624200, 094624201.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
elume2020: I will be receiving and hosting two members of this forum to the Republic, who will be studying at University of Johannesburg. You believe anything is possible irrespective of the new rules. One love my people. Special thanks to TYPOP for the numerous advice provided on this platform. Can audio files be published on Nairaland. I have audio recordings of the meeting of students with Home Affairs officials at Sophia town Residence on Wednesday. maybe I can provide a link to it from my dropbox. the meeting centred around study permit and critical skill visa also on the new regulations.

*doffs hat*

Boss, you wey no even dey the meeting don get the audio? Chei! Diaris God o.

LOL. I also recorded the session. Informative. But the guy yarn some dusts as well o.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
elume2020:
If you are granted the visa without paying repartition fee then you don't have to pay. But if you are yet to be the granted the visa then you might be required to pay.

Don't be scammed baba. That guy has been asking that question a long time ago. I believe he should have his answer already. Check:
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/58#17995754
https://www.nairaland.com/1431542/how-uptain-s.a-student-permit#17994612
https://www.nairaland.com/1431556/s.a-visa-enquiry#17994783
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/59#18095213

Trust me, he knows what to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.