Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723445 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
TYPOP:

Don't be scammed baba. That guy has been asking that question a long time ago. I believe he should have his answer already. Check:
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/58#17995754
https://www.nairaland.com/1431542/how-uptain-s.a-student-permit#17994612
https://www.nairaland.com/1431556/s.a-visa-enquiry#17994783
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/59#18095213

Trust me, he knows what to do.
Ok, cool. You no say my representative dey dat meeting. So him do that assignment. But those guys no won talk on the koko I.E after study permit what next
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:23am On Aug 17, 2014
elume2020:
Ok, cool. You no say my representative dey dat meeting. So him do that assignment. But those guys no won talk on the koko I.E after study permit what next

They use style talk am o. "After study permit, you don boost our level, now go back to your damn country and leave us in peace". LOL

Congrats on Dayo. Clearing immigration now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2014
TYPOP:

They use style talk am o. "After study permit, you don boost our level, now go back to your damn country and leave us in peace". LOL

give us some info on the said meeting. I don't think SA is a better place to live after my PhD programme.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:09am On Aug 17, 2014
@chemasie .....did u see my BB request please accept let flow .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2014
samtol4: @chemasie .....did u see my BB request please accept let flow .
You must have sent it to my former phone use the one on my signature thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gmolen(m): 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
yinchar:
Try this 094624200, 094624201.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=TYPOP]
can present any months utility bill at the port of entry along side with my Passport,Yellow fever card,etc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
P
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
yinchar: Hi house, has anybody recently received their study permit, I have submitted my application since July 22nd at Abuja, and till now...no text or any notification...did anybody received recently...Thx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drekid(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2014
drekid: hi room, how long does it take to renew s/a visa? application has been sitting there since july 24th n no word or text
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
harlyon: can present any months utility bill at the port of entry along side with my Passport,Yellow fever card,etc
You don't need to present any utility bill at the point of entry.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
yinchar: Hi house, has anybody recently received their study permit, I have submitted my application since July 22nd at Abuja, and till now...no text or any notification...did anybody received recently...Thx

Some guys just came into the country. They applied first week of June but didn't get their reply until mid July. You need to chill man.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
drekid: hi room, how long does it take to renew s/a visa? application has been sitting there since july 24th n no word or text

It may take up to 6 weeks, though it takes less a lot of the time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
TYPOP:

lmao.
Lucky me! 4 years WP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
holyboss: I applied for 10days aswell nd is 15days today after my application..

They mailed me last week telling me that dey cud not get d application status of my school from the ministry that I may have to go to the ministry myself to get d accreditation status sent to dem tho they are still working on it but until they get the package my application status will remain suspended..

I was like what da Bleep Go to Abuja (that's another 20k) 7hrs on road from whr I stay + dhl to saqa again and all that...

D shit makes me tink Hw much will I spend on SAQA and what d assurance that the form will still b available by d time I will b getting d evaluation result undecided

Bro,how far?
Have u heard from SAQA since then. I still haven't gotten notification from them and they don't reply mails either.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
TYPOP: You don't need to present any utility bill at the point of entry.

Cheers.
. How do I show proof of whr I will b staying if asked? Since I am not staying in an hotel.I will be staying with a friend over there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emasel:

Bro,how far?
Have u heard from SAQA since then. I still haven't gotten notification from them and they don't reply mails either.
same here Bro. I haven't gotten anytin yet. Even wen I call them, the best talk they tell me is (we are working on it) and wen I ask how soon will I get a response, dey b like "just be patitient" yet my application is still suspended For d past one mnth nw
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 8:16am On Aug 19, 2014
holyboss: same here Bro. I haven't gotten anytin yet. Even wen I call them, the best talk they tell me is (we are working on it) and wen I ask how soon will I get a response, dey b like "just be patitient" yet my application is still suspended For d past one mnth nw

Saqa didn't reply my mails too. One of the easiest and fastest ways of getting to them is through twitter. They respond in less than 20 mind and it is a good way to follow up.
If ur application is suspended the problem usually is from the school and not them.

Pls who knows what grade WAEC is in South Africa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 8:40am On Aug 19, 2014
deolama:

Saqa didn't reply my mails too. One of the easiest and fastest ways of getting to them is through twitter. They respond in less than 20 mind and it is a good way to follow up.
If ur application is suspended the problem usually is from the school and not them.

Hello,

Pls I would like to know if you did SAQA recently and how long did it take before it was ready.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 9:40am On Aug 19, 2014
Emasel:

Hello,

Pls I would like to know if you did SAQA recently and how long did it take before it was ready.

I applied January and received it in April. So not recent.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2014
deolama:

The problem is nt even from my sch, is fro d ministry...whatz ur own problem wt dem? Nd is ur Application nt suspended?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 10:41am On Aug 19, 2014
deolama:

I applied January and received it in April. So not recent.
Oops! So it took four months before dey completd it

I pray mine don't take that long O
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
holyboss: Oops! So it took four months before dey completd it

I pray mine don't take that long O

I know somebody who did his for 3wks so, don't judge with mine.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dear Student,

Kindly take note of the information below regarding new fee dispensation for international students commencing in January 2015.

International students will no longer be required to pay full fees upfront prior to registration. The new dispensation is as follows;

An upfront payment of 30% of tuition fees to be paid prior to registration.
35% of the tuition fees to be paid by 30 April
35% of the tuition fees to be paid by 31 July.
The payment plan will apply to all self-funding international students except study abroad students,
It applies to tuition and UJ residence fees (on-campus residences)
Applies to first time entering and returning students

The University will offer a 5% discount should the full fees be paid before or at registration.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
deolama:

I know somebody who did his for 3wks so, don't judge with mine.
oh! Three weeks shocked nd d person went to a Nigeria school? Or maybe d person evaluated just O level?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
holyboss: oh! Three weeks shocked nd d person went to a Nigeria school? Or maybe d person evaluated just O level?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
harlyon: . How do I show proof of whr I will b staying if asked? Since I am not staying in an hotel.I will be staying with a friend over there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 8:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
[quote author=harlyon][/quote]

You can ask your friend to write a letter to that effect #mythoughts#
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:37am On Aug 20, 2014
harlyon: . How do I show proof of whr I will b staying if asked? Since I am not staying in an hotel.I will be staying with a friend over there

Let the person write a letter stating that you will be staying with him/her. Let the person state his passport number in the letter. You should be fine that way. The person's phone number on the letter may/may not help you. It depends on who attends to you at the port of entry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2014
^^^ let me add to that sir.
this is for those coming with visiting visa:
if you're using an invitation letter, its safer to have your host's phone number on it cuz a call might (95% probability) be put across to him/her at the port of entry for confirmation. Also ensure that your host has legit papers.
Another alternative is a hotel reservation.
in this case, you must ensure that your hotel booking matches with your flight ticket. e.g if ticket indicates that you're staying for 2 weeks, your hotel booking MUST also be for 2 weeks.
To be on a safe side, ensure that your hotel is fully paid for and come along with a receipt/print-out as evidence. everything WILL be verified at the port of entry.
its also safer to have at least $1,000 as BTA.
Nigerians are being deported everyday for the very reasons, so ensure that you come prepared.
a word is enough for the wise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=Emasel]

Not O levels, but a masters degree at Unilag.

Pls who knows what grade O levels is in sa. Saw I have to fill it in my pg form.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2014
moneyhungry: ^^^ let me add to that sir.
this is those coming with visiting visa:
if you're using an invitation letter, its safer to have your host's phone number on it cuz a call might (95% probability) be put across to him/her at the port of entry for confirmation. Also ensure that your host has legit papers.
Another alternative is a hotel reservation.
in this case, you must ensure that your hotel booking matches with your flight ticket. e.g if ticket indicates that you're staying for 2 weeks, your hotel booking MUST also be for 2 weeks.
To be on a safe side, ensure that your hotel is fully paid for and come along with a receipt/print-out as evidence. everything WILL be verified at the port of entry.
its also safer to have at least $1,000 as BTA.
Nigerians are being deported everyday for the flimsy reasons, so ensure that you come prepared.
a word is enough for the wise.
. Are they going to check me for physical cash when I am in ppossesion of my master card?.I don't intend carrying physical cash though..as for the letter I have it with me and his bio data page of his passport together with his permit(Relative)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Marshall6, donteebalo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.