Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723471 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sugu(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hello house. Pls I need to know the fastest way to get a work permit in SA. Do I apply for the quota work permit directly from Nigeria or Apply for a 3 month short course then process the work permit during the course.
I will really appreciate your candid advice.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
sugu: Hello house. Pls I need to know the fastest way to get a work permit in SA. Do I apply for the quota work permit directly from Nigeria or Apply for a 3 month short course then process the work permit during the course.
I will really appreciate your candid advice.
Cheers.
.There is no short cut or fastest means to obtain work permit anymore in SA.The new immigration compel applicant to apply in their home countries ,in that perspective one of the document required is letter of employment and other documents which are not easy to get within short period .Coming to SA for short course and apply for work permit is 100 percent not possible.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 9:24am On Aug 26, 2014
Please can anyone in the house send me a link to download the South African visiting visa form
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
Dare14: Please can anyone in the house send me a link to download the South African visiting visa form

I think this should help.
http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oddybabs(m): 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
I already have a 1st degree I.e BSc microbiology,also had my NYSC at a general hospital laboratory in niger state which I finished last year october. I wish to apply for south africa visa for work and if possible further study if its Godswill. Now my problem is that am a novice to anything visa or travelling out, so I need someone to assist me on bit by by step on how to get visa and travel to SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
oddybabs: I already have a 1st degree I.e BSc microbiology,also had my NYSC at a general hospital laboratory in niger state which I finished last year october. I wish to apply for south africa visa for work and if possible further study if its Godswill. Now my problem is that am a novice to anything visa or travelling out, so I need someone to assist me on bit by by step on how to get visa and travel to SA
.Read from the beginning of the thread surely you see how to get SA visa

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oddybabs(m): 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
samtol4: .Read from the beginning of the thread surely you see how to get SA visa
what is yellow card? And international passport also how can I get it? . Is international passport same for all countries
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
SAQA is just so ANNOYING!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2014
They are two different documents. International passport is not the same for all countries hence you have the british passport, american passport, nigerian passport and so on. It is an official document stating the country you come from and other basic personal info needed to travel to other countries. The first step is to go to the nearest passport office depending on where you live and apply for an international passport. You will need to go with your passport photo (2), birth cert. and also fill a form e.t.c. You can visit the passport office in Ikoyi close to Obalende bridge or the one at Festac town. Once your Int'l passport is ready, you can now proceed to the Port health dept. at the airport to obtain a yellow fever vaccination card. The yellow fever vaccination card certifies you free from any yellow fever infection and is an important requirement for SA visa.
Note:You will need your International passport and a payment of N1,000.00 to obtain the card.

All the best.
oddybabs: what is yellow card? And international passport also how can I get it? . Is international passport same for all countries
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2014
yinksob002: They are two different documents. International passport is not the same for all countries hence you have the british passport, american passport, nigerian passport and so on. It is an official document stating the country you come from and other basic personal info needed to travel to other countries. The first step is to go to the nearest passport office depending on where you live and apply for an international passport. You will need to go with your passport photo (2), birth cert. and also fill a form e.t.c. You can visit the passport office in Ikoyi close to Obalende bridge or the one at Festac town. Once your Int'l passport is ready, you can now proceed to the Port health dept. at the airport to obtain a yellow fever vaccination card. The yellow fever vaccination card certifies you free from any yellow fever infection and is an important requirement for SA visa.
Note:You will need your International passport and a payment of N1,000.00 to obtain the card.

All the best.
. What's the validity of the yellow fever card.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
samtol4: .There is no short cut or fastest means to obtain work permit anymore in SA.The new immigration compel applicant to apply in their home countries ,in that perspective one of the document required is letter of employment and other documents which are not easy to get within short period .Coming to SA for short course and apply for work permit is 100 percent not possible.
Is it possible to even get a job in SA from Nigeria when you don't have the required skills? It is better to acquire certificate in SA through MSc, PhD or other relevant skills and use it to source for jobs in SA than to apply directly with Nigerian certificates. I don't know if there is any other sure ways of coming here than the study permit; people should shine more light on this so that others will learn from it. I have limited knowledge of these jobs eish may be because I'm far away from happening towns.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2014
venda123: TYPO I went to the office were i apply and they told me that it's still pending

A lot of applications are still pending at the moment actually. Once you have your receipt, you are free to walk around. All the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:44am On Aug 28, 2014
chemashie:
Did you finish from AAUA? The HESA application has been with them close to 2 months now without any response coming from them.

No, I didn't finish from AAUA. However, the person I was applying for finished from there.

Call them and ask for what exactly is delaying your application. Hopefully, they will inform you what needs to be done.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:54am On Aug 28, 2014
chemashie:
Go and check all the NRF/DST scholarships very well and you will see what I'm saying. We have the full lists in my lab and only the Rhodes Prestigious scholarship is made available to nonSA students. Besides, most of these scholarships are done through your Universities and you can't benefit from them single handedly. The first question they always ask us at the PG Funding of my school is "Are you South African?". Even the so called NRF/DST DAAD in-country was specifically meant for SA students. I don't have problem with all of them because my supervisor who is a DST/NRF Chair made them available to us depending on area of research you are working on.

LOL chairman. Something must be up in Rhodes cos at least four people I know got the NRF scholarship. Two Nigerians one from Zim and one from Ghana. These are the ones I know. There were loads of Nigerians on the list last year and other foreigners. My university still sent a mail about the scholarship to all foreigners two days ago. I think your school is just being pure ethnocentric.

All the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:56am On Aug 28, 2014
Emasel: SAQA is just so ANNOYING!

What didi they do now? They gave you a "wrong" evaluation or are yet to evaluate you?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2014
chemashie:
Is it possible to even get a job in SA from Nigeria when you don't have the required skills? It is better to acquire certificate in SA through MSc, PhD or other relevant skills and use it to source for jobs in SA than to apply directly with Nigerian certificates. I don't know if there is any other sure ways of coming here than the study permit; people should shine more light on this so that others will learn from it. I have limited knowledge of these jobs eish may be because I'm far away from happening towns.

Right on point boss. Now you're going eish. #ProudlySouthAfrican. LOL.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2014
TYPOP:

No, I didn't finish from AAUA. However, the person I was applying for finished from there.

Call them and ask for what exactly is delaying your application. Hopefully, they will inform you what needs to be done.

Cheers and all the best.
Ok, that is where I work.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
I just got my admission letter for MTECH in the mail while waiting for SAQA, seems SAQA is not necessary at DUT. I should be in the republic by January 2015.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Shine1177: I just got my admission letter for MTECH in the mail while waiting for SAQA, seems SAQA is not necessary at DUT. I should be in the republic by January 2015.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
Emasel:

Congrats!

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Shine1177: I just got my admission letter for MTECH in the mail while waiting for SAQA, seems SAQA is not necessary at DUT. I should be in the republic by January 2015.
congrats and welcome to SA.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
chemashie: congrats and welcome to SA.
Tanx. I once sent you a mail few months ago and your reply was so encouraging.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by donald1010(m): 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
good evening guys...plz I need some assistance from you guys..plz I need to know
(1) how much can one get an immediate international passport?
(2)how much is the south African visa?
(3)how much can one set aside for flight ticket fee to S.A?
(4)what are the necessary documents and details required to get into S.A.?
plz guys help me with these infos plz..thanks as I look forward to ur response...God bless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dare14: 8:56am On Aug 29, 2014
whats the passport photograh size for tourist visa for sa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Dare14: whats the passport photograh size for tourist visa for sa?
Too much of questions can be misleading. Go there with any passport photographs, there are better things to check than what your passport looks like.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 11:13am On Aug 29, 2014
Shine1177:
Tanx. I once sent you a mail few months ago and your reply was so encouraging.
Seriously! I can't remember that again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
chemashie: Seriously! I can't remember that again.

Sometimes we don't know how far reaching the good we do to others can be and these good deeds always come to speak for us in the time of our need. That is why I know the 'Ogas' on this thread will surely reap a good reward for their selfless services. Thank you again.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Shine1177:

Sometimes we don't know how far reaching the good we do to others can be and these good deeds always come to speak for us in the time of our need. That is why I know the 'Ogas' on this thread will surely reap a good reward for their selfless services. Thank you again.
I'm honored bro! Other people like samtol4, TYPOP, manager, collinsfbi and others have also helped me in the past.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
1) You can get a new Int'l passport between 18k - 20k
2) The visa application fee to south africa is N18,000.00
3) For ticket fares, you can budget between N105,000.00 to N110,000.00 depending on the airline you intend using
4) To apply for SA visa, the following docs are required:
- International passport (you will need to make two copies of the Bio data page as well)
- Duly completed visa application form with two passport photographs (white background)
- Yellow fever vaccination card
- Personal Bank Statement or Sponsor's bank statement (whichever is applicable to you)
- Hotel Booking
- Flight reservation
- Letter of Introduction from your employer or Self letter of introduction in case you are self employed
- Payment of prescribed application fee at the VFS office (i.e N18,000.00)
- photocopies of previous visas (if any)
donald1010: good evening guys...plz I need some assistance from you guys..plz I need to know
(1) how much can one get an immediate international passport?
(2)how much is the south African visa?
(3)how much can one set aside for flight ticket fee to S.A?
(4)what are the necessary documents and details required to get into S.A.?
plz guys help me with these infos plz..thanks as I look forward to ur response...God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2014
chemashie: Ok, that is where I work.

Whao! That's lovely. Your registrar never reply mail for my client's SAQA o. How can I get in touch with him/her?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2014

Congrats pal. Please include your SAQA with your application documents for visa. Sometimes it's necessary, other times, it's not. But you don't know who will attend to you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
TYPOP:

Whao! That's lovely. Your registrar never reply mail for my client's SAQA o. How can I get in touch with him/her?
may be you can send a letter by post to him and get someone to drop it on his table. Was the letter addressed to him or academic affairs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.