Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727129 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
TYPOP:

Yes sir/ma, you may.

They asked for originals, not certified copies. I believe they have your certified copies already. Meanwhile, they are not asking for your international passport.

May I ask if you have applied already or you are just planning to apply? If you are just planning to apply, then certified copies will do. If they sent you a mail requesting for your originals, then you need to send those.

Cheers.
I am about to apply for saqa. The option I have is someone in SA is willing to help do my saqa.
My question is do I need to send hard copy of my doc or scan copy to him?
If I want to do it myself here, would I still need to send hard copy to saqa? if not I will prefer to do it here myself. please advise
what's the minimum cost of sending a 5-page docs to SA through courier coy?
how reliable is sending a registered mail in Nipost and approximate delivery date?
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
chemenger: I am about to apply for saqa. The option I have is someone in SA is willing to help do my saqa.
My question is do I need to send hard copy of my doc or scan copy to him?
If I want to do it myself here, would I still need to send hard copy to saqa? if not I will prefer to do it here myself. please advise
what's the minimum cost of sending a 5-page docs to SA through courier coy?
how reliable is sending a registered mail in Nipost and approximate delivery date?
thanks
The best bet is to allow the person in SA to do it on your behalf. You may need to send your hard copy to him to be on a safer side.

DHL charge me N11k to send my transcript last 2 weeks after my processing was suspended by SAQA though i earlier sent the scanned copy, i got a mail same day that my hard copy was received and result expected on 3rd October.

NIPOST deliver after a week and the minimum cost depending on the mail weight is N9,450 the more reason i opted for DHL and it got delivered same day.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Donxavier: hello house,

It's a family situation that has brought me here, as I am not conversant with SA immigration rules. I believe I can get the help I need here. My sister eloped with a man to SA 14 days ago. She told me a lot of things that i find hard believing,hence why am here. Please help me separate the lies from fact.

1. She said she was given a 5 year visit visa from Nigeria? Can this be true? I just find this very hard to believe especially for a first time traveler.
2. She says the man she's with will change her visiting status to either a study permit or work permit or even refugee status...all of these with supposedly thousands of rand. I know this is Africa and corruption is everywhere but is it really possible thru backdoor means to convert your visiting visa to any of the other long term residency visas inside SA.

The man she's with owns his own business in SA.

please any one with an insight into all these?

1. 5 years visiting visa to SA? Not possible. I've never heard of it. But who knows . . . . ?
2.Only one of the options is possible. And with that one option, you may not see your sister in a VERY LONG time. It is the last option popularly called "Aduro" which you called "refugee status". Trust me, you don't want your sister to do that one. Every other option is already an illegality by law now in SA. It used to be legally possible earlier this year (to change you visiting permit to temporary permit {study and work}), not anymore.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Aboderinkay: What is the total amount that SARA process will cost?naira equivalent pls
?

I don't know what SARA is. I assume you meant SAQA. It should cost you between 10k and 20k, depending on the options you choose on the forms.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
TYPOP:

1. 5 years visiting visa to SA? Not possible. I've never heard of it. But who knows . . . . ?
2.Only one of the options is possible. And with that one option, you may not see your sister in a VERY LONG time. It is the last option popularly called "Aduro" which you called "refugee status". Trust me, you don't want your sister to do that one. Every other option is already an illegality by law now in SA. It used to be legally possible earlier this year (to change you visiting permit to temporary permit {study and work}), not anymore.

Thanks brov, exactly my thoughts when I first heard. Though now she says it's a 5year work visa from naija. Is that also possible?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
Donxavier:

Thanks brov, exactly my thoughts when I first heard. Though now she says it's a 5year work visa from naija. Is that also possible?

There is a slight possibility, considering the man is a business owner. He could supply documents of employments.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
TYPOP:

There is a slight possibility, considering the man is a business owner. He could supply documents of employments.

Hmmm OK. Can she study with the work visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yungokus: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Glory b to God DHA has finally answered ..

After first refusal on my application for work visa in April ... Reapplied again in may.. finally have bin issued D work visa after endless waits.. Now I can I concentrate in my ACCA exams.. Thanks to @henrychubayo for advice wen I was still bak in Naija in feb

Moving on!! Bliss!!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamleye(m): 12:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Plz how do I pay d SAQA fee from Nigeria,it's urgent guys!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:02am On Sep 18, 2014
Donxavier:

Hmmm OK. Can she study with the work visa?

She should be able to.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:02am On Sep 18, 2014
yungokus: Glory b to God DHA has finally answered ..

After first refusal on my application for work visa in April ... Reapplied again in may.. finally have bin issued D work visa after endless waits.. Now I can I concentrate in my ACCA exams.. Thanks to @henrychubayo for advice wen I was still bak in Naija in feb

Moving on!! Bliss!!

Congrats.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:03am On Sep 18, 2014
iamleye: Plz how do I pay d SAQA fee from Nigeria,it's urgent guys!!!

You should be able to use your ATM.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamleye(m): 7:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Hello Guys,plz don't av any1 to pay d saqa fee. For me in SA,disis d only tin keeping me,otherwise I shld av send my documents,plz can any1 render assistance on how I can pay from Nigeria?Quick response plz
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 18, 2014
TYPOP:

You should be able to use your ATM.
Please Bro, what are the processes to apply for SA visiting visa? Please kindly help with all the documents I need to submit. God bless you!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamleye(m): 7:16am On Sep 18, 2014
I tried using my ATM,but it was stated that online payment platform av been stopped for now.And again if u can help me with the payment Link I will be glad.Thank u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamleye(m): 7:28am On Sep 18, 2014
@TYPOP,plz how can I go abt it to ensuring I pay d fee in time?iamleye@gmail.com,dat is my email.Tank U
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:51am On Sep 18, 2014
The treatment SA immigration usually melt out to Nigerians at times can be traumatic and painful. Few days ago we waited endlessly for our guest who was coming with the family to spend 4days in SA. The drama started from lagos when the SA airline was delayed because of ebola scare and passengers when through tough time. As if that is not enough the immigration at johannesburg method of verifying permit and proof of accommodation was quaint .They asked all passengers(mostly Nigerians) to tend their proof of accommodation (hotel or residential) and they started dialing the numbers of host and hotels to confirm . She tender our numbers and they call us to confirm if we invited her .After 20mins immigration officer call again asking for our permit numbers and we responded .She missed the connecting flight to Durban because of this checking she was asked to pay 600dollars for herself and kids for the next available flight .We encouraged her not to pay any money after hours of waiting till afternoon time ,they gave her tickets. Please if you coming to SA sort out accommodation stuff to avoid deportation .Before it was yellow fever card now it is proof of accommodation they use to deport our people . It is clear most of them dislike Nigerians because of past antecedent. Finally is this how other international airports verify by dialing hosts numbers? Please comments are welcome.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamleye(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2014
Plz am still waiting for any1 dat av meaningful info with d Saqa online payment,I need to pay for my evaluation,my documents are ready to be sent

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yungokus: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2014
samtol4: The treatment SA immigration usuallu melt out to Nigerians at times can be traumatic and painful. Few days ago we waited endlessly for our guest who was coming with the family to spend 4days in SA. The drama started from lagos when the SA airline was delayed because of ebola scare and passengers when through tough time. As if that is not enough the immigration at johannesburg method of verifying permit and proof of accommodation was quaint .They asked all passengers(mostly Nigerians) to tend their proof of accommodation (hotel or residential) and they started dialing the numbers of host and hotels to confirm . She tender our numbers and they call us to confirm if we invited her .After 20mins immigration officer call again asking for our permit numbers and we responded .She missed the connecting flight to Durban because of this checking she was asked to pay 600dollars for herself and kids for the next available flight .We encouraged her not to pay any money after hours of waiting till afternoon time ,they gave her tickets. Please if you coming to SA sort out accommodation stuff to avoid deportation .Before it was yellow fever card now it is proof of accommodation they use to deport our people . It is clear most of them dislike Nigerians because of past antecedent. Finally is this how other international airports verify by dialing hosts numbers? Please comments are welcome.

This is so pathetic and disheartening to hear .. Everyone has reiterated several times on this thread about visitors to SA ensuring they have valid proof of accommodation to avoid all this embarrassment by the immigration at the POE

I watch ENCA and ANN7 news everyday and since Monday the headlines have been 67 south Africans died in TB Joshua's church building that collapsed and that some still seeking miracles are held in the church against their wish.. They have so castigated TB Joshua as being a cultist blah blah inshort they are pained by the incident That I will not be surprised they are retaliating what happened at Nigerians coming into SA from Nigeria.

They said Nigerian government is not handling the situation to their satisfaction hence they have sent their team of experts to investigate and help ito ascertain the number of south Africans that died.. This hatred of Nigerians is just too bad .. But Darris God!!.. Bliss!!

They
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jesusculture: 11:19am On Sep 18, 2014
@Youngus, Sadly but honestly the Nigerian govt is notorious for its slow reaction time to urgent issues, examples from the chibok girls up untill the ebola case. Every state has got the right to protect its citizens both inside n outside regardless of the circumstance. I mean we talking about over 60 human beings who lost their lives under still to be established circumstance, surely u don't expect the SA govt to fold their arms and absolutely do no nothing . That singular act shows that the SA govt will do evrything by all means to ensure the safety of its citizens, sadly this cannot be said of Nigeria. Anyway RIP to the dead
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
yungokus: Glory b to God DHA has finally answered ..

Moving on!! Bliss!!

Congrats. Am honored that you wished to thank me for the little advice I offered. Am very pleased it benefited u. However remember our agreement, you must assist another person without collecting a dime that means free. Anyway, enjoy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
iamleye: Plz am still waiting for any1 dat av meaningful info with d Saqa online payment,I need to pay for my evaluation,my documents are ready to be sent
simple, get someone to pay for u in SA and scan the payment slip to u. Print it out and parcel it With your envelope...shalom
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yungokus: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
henrychubayo: Congrats. Am honored that you wished to thank me for the little advice I offered. Am very pleased it benefited u. However remember our agreement, you must assist another person without collecting a dime that means free. Anyway, enjoy.

Thank u so much .. I appreciate .. Bin trying to reach for weeks can't connect your number

Do u still use this +27 8479829** ... Pls email me ur new digits if u v any on k_swig@yahoo.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
yungokus:
This is so pathetic and disheartening to hear .. Everyone has reiterated several times on this thread about visitors to SA ensuring they have VALID PROOF of accommodation to avoid all this embarrassment by the immigration at the POE
I watch ENCA and ANN7 news everyday and since Monday the headlines have been 67 south Africans died in TB Joshua's church building that collapsed and that some still seeking miracles are held in the church against their wish.. They have so castigated TB Joshua as being a cultist blah blah inshort they are pained by the incident That I will not be surprised they are retaliating what happened at Nigerians coming into SA from Nigeria.
They said Nigerian government is not handling the situation to their satisfaction hence they have sent their team of experts to investigate and help ito ascertain the number of south Africans that died.. This hatred of Nigerians is just too bad .. But Darris God!!.. Bliss!!
They
All documents were certified and valid
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
samtol4: The treatment SA immigration usually melt out to Nigerians at times can be traumatic and painful. Few days ago we waited endlessly for our guest who was coming with the family to spend 4days in SA. The drama started from lagos when the SA airline was delayed because of ebola scare and passengers when through tough time. As if that is not enough the immigration at johannesburg method of verifying permit and proof of accommodation was quaint .They asked all passengers(mostly Nigerians) to tend their proof of accommodation (hotel or residential) and they started dialing the numbers of host and hotels to confirm . She tender our numbers and they call us to confirm if we invited her .After 20mins immigration officer call again asking for our permit numbers and we responded .She missed the connecting flight to Durban because of this checking she was asked to pay 600dollars for herself and kids for the next available flight .We encouraged her not to pay any money after hours of waiting till afternoon time ,they gave her tickets. Please if you coming to SA sort out accommodation stuff to avoid deportation .Before it was yellow fever card now it is proof of accommodation they use to deport our people . It is clear most of them dislike Nigerians because of past antecedent. Finally is this how other international airports verify by dialing hosts numbers? Please comments are welcome.
I landed at OR Tambo on friday and I was lucky that I wasn't deported.I noticed that Nigerians were closely scrutinised.I came in tru rwanda air.I noticed that other passengers were not checked closely like it was done to us with the Nigerian passport.4 nigerians were deported instantly.we were only 4 Nigerians that were allowed in. When it came to my turn I presented my passport and the guy said-"YOU NIGERIANS ARE HERE AGAIN TO CAUSE PROBLEMS AND DANCE SKELEWU WITH OUR LADIES"-i didn't say a word,,I jst stood there looking at him..he didn't ask me for proof of accomodation..he jst gazed at me then I greeted him in ZULU and he smiled and I walked past. THOSE GUYS ARE CRAZY O.THE LEVEL OF HATE TO NIGERIANS IS REALLY HIGH AND ITS NOT GOOD
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
iamleye: Hello Guys,plz don't av any1 to pay d saqa fee. For me in SA,disis d only tin keeping me,otherwise I shld av send my documents,plz can any1 render assistance on how I can pay from Nigeria?Quick response plz

iamleye: Plz am still waiting for any1 dat av meaningful info with d Saqa online payment,I need to pay for my evaluation,my documents are ready to be sent

Send me a private message. Let me be clear about this, I am about to pay for you and send the proof of payment to you. If you have any reservations about it, please don't bother to mail me. Also note that I WILL receive an alert on my GTB account before I transfer to you. After that, I will pay into their account directly and send the proof of payment to you. You can then add this to your documents and send to SAQA. Also, don't encourage your friends to contact me for their own payments. This is just a favour. That is why I am not sending an e-mail to you but saying what I have to say out here in the open.

Cheers.

Admin, no vex. I am however not advertising. If this is against the rules, kindly e-mail me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
konnektwitbabs: Please Bro, what are the processes to apply for SA visiting visa? Please kindly help with all the documents I need to submit. God bless you!

Visa application form
Yellow card
Proof of accomodation
Letter of invitation/registration for conference
Letter of self introduction (including your phone no and address)
Bank statement
Plane booking

If you are being invited by friend or family:
Proof of accomodation of host
Certified copy of host's passport
Bank statement of host

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Jesusculture: @Youngus, Sadly but honestly the Nigerian govt is notorious for its slow reaction time to urgent issues, examples from the chibok girls up untill the ebola case. Every state has got the right to protect its citizens both inside n outside regardless of the circumstance. I mean we talking about over 60 human beings who lost their lives under still to be established circumstance, surely u don't expect the SA govt to fold their arms and absolutely do no nothing . That singular act shows that the SA govt will do evrything by all means to ensure the safety of its citizens, sadly this cannot be said of Nigeria. Anyway RIP to the dead

True. Especially when Nigerian govt said "X" number of people died and SA knows that their citizens that died were "X+7". Maybe only SA citizens died.

May God help us.

harlyon: I landed at OR Tambo on friday and I was lucky that I wasn't deported.I noticed that Nigerians were closely scrutinised.I came in tru rwanda air.I noticed that other passengers were not checked closely like it was done to us with the Nigerian passport.4 nigerians were deported instantly.we were only 4 Nigerians that were allowed in. When it came to my turn I presented my passport and the guy said-"YOU NIGERIANS ARE HERE AGAIN TO CAUSE PROBLEMS AND DANCE SKELEWU WITH OUR LADIES"-i didn't say a word,,I jst stood there looking at him..he didn't ask me for proof of accomodation..he jst gazed at me then I greeted him in ZULU and he smiled and I walked past. THOSE GUYS ARE CRAZY O.THE LEVEL OF HATE TO NIGERIANS IS REALLY HIGH AND ITS NOT GOOD

LOL @Skelewu. Nice trick to greet in Zulu. They've been calling the hosts or hotels for some time now though (before the SCOAN accident).

Again, this is a warning to all. Use genuine documents before you come. SA WILL likely verify. Thanks for your insight as usual @Samtol4

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
yungokus:

Thank u so much .. I appreciate .. Bin trying to reach for weeks can't connect your number

Do u still use this +27 8479829** ... Pls email me ur new digits if u v any on k_swig@yahoo.com
Yes I still use that number. Thanks for not giving out the whole number in public like these. You can send me massage in that number. Í will call later.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
TYPOP:

Visa application form
Yellow card
Proof of accomodation
Letter of invitation/registration for conference
Letter of self introduction (including your phone no and address)
Bank statement
Plane booking

If you are being invited by friend or family:
Proof of accomodation of host
Certified copy of host's passport
Bank statement of host

Cheers and all the best.
Thank you Bro! One more question please: How many month bank statement should I print? Should I print the letter of self introduction or I should just write it without printing? Thank you!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by haafidh: 5:26am On Sep 22, 2014
pls has south africa embassy started issuing visa for undergraduate?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
konnektwitbabs: Thank you Bro! One more question please: How many month bank statement should I print? Should I print the letter of self introduction or I should just write it without printing? Thank you!

Six months is fine.

Yes, print the letter of introduction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.