Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,459 members, 7,781,319 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1708558 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hi guys, which medical scheme in SA would you recommend for the purpose of obtaining medical cover for study visa. Someone suggested that i use Momentum Insurance but i am not sure if it is okay & acceptable at the SA embassy.

Having accepted d offer of admission by d school, will the school still send an unconditional letter of acceptance before one can proceed to submit an application for study visa cos i noticed d admiss. letter didn't state the breakdown of fees.

Your response wil be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
yinksob002:
Hi guys, which medical scheme in SA would you recommend for the purpose of obtaining medical cover for study visa. Someone suggested that i use Momentum Insurance but i am not sure if it is okay & acceptable at the SA embassy.

Having accepted d offer of admission by d school, will the school still send an unconditional letter of acceptance before one can proceed to submit an application for study visa cos i noticed d admiss. letter didn't state the breakdown of fees.

Thanks
Hi,

Momentum is one of the most trusted medical scheme in S.A, go for it, you will never regret it. That means S.A embassy will have no problem issuing your visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
Thanks bro. Can you help with d second question pls..God bless
HumbledbYGrace:
Hi,

Momentum is one of the most trusted medical scheme in S.A, go for it, you will never regret it. That means S.A embassy will have no problem issuing your visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
drumma:
I came to south africa on monday and contrary to what a lot of people have been complaining about, no one asked me about my hotel reservation or even bothered to verify.... Reason why that happened i dont know, it could have been because i looked confident cos of the money i was coming to waste here or because i dressed like a cute smart professional that i was or just the fact that im also a travel consultant and i dont see my first time entering a country cld pose a problem when I actually prepare peoe for their own travel.... But then why people have issues at the point of entry I dont know but biko my ass is so out of here on sunday spending 300k on a week aint no joke

I wasn't asked also

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 21, 2014
Hello peeps,how long does it take for south african visa to expire for visiting,is it still 3month or it ve changed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 21, 2014
harlyon:
I wasn't asked also
lol,dear,dats south africa for u,the expenses re too much in d country,if u re nt careful,u will exhaust all ur money there,I'm a student there,bt now,just in nigeria for visiting
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 7:09am On Oct 21, 2014
MojAyo:
lol,dear,dats south africa for u,the expenses re too much in d country,if u re nt careful,u will exhaust all ur money there,I'm a student there,bt now,just in nigeria for visiting
. Yea dear.hope to see you soon
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:35am On Oct 21, 2014
yinksob002:
Thanks bro. Can you help with d second question pls..God bless
which school is that? (Second question)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:39am On Oct 21, 2014
The school in question is Wits university in Jo'burg. Kindly assist with d question below:

Having accepted d offer of admission, will the school still send an unconditional letter of acceptance before one can proceed to submit an application for study visa cos i noticed d admission letter didn't state the breakdown of fees.

Thanks
HumbledbYGrace:
which school is that? (Second question)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:30am On Oct 21, 2014
yinksob002:
The school in question is Wits university in Jo'burg. Kindly assist with d question below:

Having accepted d offer of admission, will the school still send an unconditional letter of acceptance before one can proceed to submit an application for study visa cos i noticed d admission letter didn't state the breakdown of fees.

Thanks
Having the letter of admission means you have been accepted to study @ the university. Firstly u need to visit the embassy and take it from there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 21, 2014
harlyon:
. Yea dear.hope to see you soon
where re u staying in sa,me I'm staying in pretoria,or u only went there for visit,and tell me,how did u see south africa and heita boys,I guessed u knw what I mean,lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
MojAyo:
where re u staying in sa,me I'm staying in pretoria,or u only went there for visit,and tell me,how did u see south africa and heita boys,I guessed u knw what I mean,lol
lol what are the heita boys...lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
lol what are the heita boys...lol
I mean them south african men,they re referred to as heita
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
MojAyo:
I mean them south african men,they re referred to as heita
that's news to me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
that's news to me
which country re u in currently
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
MojAyo:
which country re u in currently
South Africa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
South Africa
wow,dats nice,what re u doing there,like,re u working or u re a student there,me,I'm based in pretoria,which state re u in sa,and I would like to knw u more better
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
MojAyo:
wow,dats nice,what re u doing there,like,re u working or u re a student there,me,I'm based in pretoria,which state re u in sa,and I would like to knw u more better
M in Pta, parttime studying fulltime working.

Pm should work
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cmecproblem(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
Pls I need an idea how much a medical insurance to cover a week visit to South Africa will cost,thnks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
TYPOP:

It depends on what you fill on your forms. If you asked them to send to both you and Wits (and paid for that service, of course), then the certificate will be sent to both. If you didn't pay any extra cost, they will post only to you.

I also know of people who ask them to send to addresses of people in SA as it is cheaper and faster. The ones in SA then scan it to them back home.

Hi everyone, I applied for SAQA few days back for the 20days option and i was expecting my result on 27th of this month. To my surprise i received a mail from SAQA today that the application is being suspended for now. A letter was also attached which goes thus:
'' Further information is being obtained. You will notified of the outcome as soon as a reply has been received
Please note that the time normally required to process application is counted from the time as all relevant information and documentation is available.
In this case, the information about the confirmation of the award of the qualifications is being sought.
Payment of R680 is acknowledged with thanks.''
Please house what step do I need to take to facilitate the processing of this SAQA. I applied online here in Nigeria but someone in SA paid for me and printed out certified copy of my credentials(which I emailed to him) and submitted for me at their office
Please kindly assist with info that would be of help. THanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 1:29am On Oct 22, 2014
MojAyo:
. I'm in (lyndhurst) joberg.its kool.loving it lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:38am On Oct 22, 2014
chemenger:

Hi everyone, I applied for SAQA few days back for the 20days option and i was expecting my result on 27th of this month. To my surprise i received a mail from SAQA today that the application is being suspended for now. A letter was also attached which goes thus:
'' Further information is being obtained. You will notified of the outcome as soon as a reply has been received
Please note that the time normally required to process application is counted from the time as all relevant information and documentation is available.
In this case, the information about the confirmation of the award of the qualifications is being sought.
Payment of R680 is acknowledged with thanks.''
Please house what step do I need to take to facilitate the processing of this SAQA. I applied online here in Nigeria but someone in SA paid for me and printed out certified copy of my credentials(which I emailed to him) and submitted for me at their office
Please kindly assist with info that would be of help. THanks
NO cause for worry ! Contact your school let the school give response to Saqa emails or verification letter since it is clearly written "information about d .............. Being sought"
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:42am On Oct 22, 2014
cmecproblem:
Pls I need an idea how much a medical insurance to cover a week visit to South Africa will cost,thnks.
.You don't need medical insurance for a visit beside medical insurance most times are for those staying longer period(4(STUDENTS)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:46am On Oct 22, 2014
MojAyo:
Hello peeps,how long does it take for south african visa to expire for visiting,is it still 3month or it ve changed
The expiring dates of visas are always written boldly on the visas .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tsd: 6:49am On Oct 22, 2014
Hello NLers,kindly assist,am planning to visit South Africa wit my family(2 kids)av gotten all the listed requirements on the checklist,except hotel reservation,although av applied at Dophin beach hotel wit a confirmation later sent to me to make payment within 48hours,can I make do wit it?
And if no,can I make the payment with my Naija FCMB Visa card(Naira Acct) or av to do a transfer(international transfer thr my Dom Acct).
Kindly assist,because I wish to do the submission this friday(24th Nov,2014)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2014
drumma:
Didn't know it was your mail until i landed here.... thanks for contacting I'll holla at you when I land.....

I left Johannesburg for Lagos on October 14 so I stayed there 5 days. I was able to resist the temptation to stay there for more than 5 days. This is the first time I am logging into nairaland since I returned so I am just seeing your message. I guess you would have returned to naija too by now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2014
richyben38:
good day guys!!!

plz i just got my visa (3 months visit) but i intend to stay just for a month on a vication

plz i will like to know the minimum i need to hold as my BTA i have just 1k USD but my friend over there told me that the SA immigration are becoming strict this days so he said i will need to have up to 2k USD i dont know if its true because i dont have up to that with me

I entered SA for 5 days and I had just $50 in my pocket and my first bank mastercard. I don't think anybody would disturb you for not carrying cash.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2014
drumma:
I came to south africa on monday and contrary to what a lot of people have been complaining about, no one asked me about my hotel reservation or even bothered to verify.... Reason why that happened i dont know, it could have been because i looked confident cos of the money i was coming to waste here or because i dressed like a cute smart professional that i was or just the fact that im also a travel consultant and i dont see my first time entering a country cld pose a problem when I actually prepare peoe for their own travel.... But then why people have issues at the point of entry I dont know but biko my ass is so out of here on sunday spending 300k on a week aint no joke

I was not asked for hotel reservation but I saw people who were on the same flight with me from Lagos that were asked for it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2014
All you need do is make the payment with your visa card and you will get a letter same day from the hotel via e-mail confirming your booking. Print it out and attach to other supporting documents for your application and submit.

NOTE - Paid hotel booking strengthens your application & chances of being granted SA visa.

Best of luck
tsd:
Hello NLers,kindly assist,am planning to visit South Africa wit my family(2 kids)av gotten all the listed requirements on the checklist,except hotel reservation,although av applied at Dophin beach hotel wit a confirmation later sent to me to make payment within 48hours,can I make do wit it?
And if no,can I make the payment with my Naija FCMB Visa card(Naira Acct) or av to do a transfer(international transfer thr my Dom Acct).
Kindly assist,because I wish to do the submission this friday(24th Nov,2014)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
harlyon:
. I'm in (lyndhurst) joberg.its kool.loving it lol
joburg is too crowdy with people,mostly nigerians plenty there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
MojAyo:
joburg is too crowdy with people,mostly nigerians plenty there
Hillbrow to be precise
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:50am On Oct 23, 2014
@HumbledbyGrace: I just did my membership reg. with Momentum Health and got my confirmation letter in less than 30 minutes. Never knew the processing was so fast.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (912) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.