Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. (2097 Views)

My Embarrassing And Horrible Experience At King Shaka Airport South Africa / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Or Tambo International Airport Wins The 2011 Best Airport Africa Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. by henrychubayo: 6:50pm On May 22, 2012
Hi guys, i made a small findings and discovery yesterday about this airport in south africa. I was setting in my business area when i saw one young guy a south africa with a BMW usb flash drive and a laptop. I approached him to see more cause i have not seen that before. He told me that he sell at 50 rand about 1k 9ja money. He said that if i buy he will load some good music. I ask him whether he also sell the laptop. He said no but he can get me my own laptop brand new. I said ok for how much, he told me and i was suprise because its far below what its been sold here. So i began to enquire more and i ask him whether he import it. He told me no that they steal it (this is one way i respect south africans because they will always tell you the truth even when they are doing bad, they will tell you its him or we doing that bad). I was suprise but knowing he speaks the truth, i went further to know the detail. Me: where do you steal it? Him: at the airport. Me: which one? Him: refering to O. R. Tambo, that one there. Me: how manage you do that? Him: we have connections there. Me: ok you take from ppl there? Him: yes ppl traveling. Me: how? Him: my guys working there brings it and we sell and share the money. Immediatly, i recollect what many ppl are complaining of when they arrive in MMA Lagos that some of this valuable items may have been stolen before you arrive in nigeria. I further beg him to reduce the money for me for the laptop. Me: plz reduce the money my friend? Him: its not only me that takes the money. We are many, police, custom, guys working there, the guy who gave me connection and me. All of us will share the money so no reduction. Me: ok when? Him: as soon as you have my money call me and take my number now, he called his number for me. Me: sure. Him: sharp. End of our discussion. This can happen anywhere us, europe, asia but 1 in 100 ppl will do there cause this items are many and affordable but in africa, don't even try putting a laptop in your bag unlocked. Am still waiting for him to bring it to me to know the truth but certainly, this guy had no reason to lie to me. Don't judge me please cause i have not bought the laptop yet. Also, the usb may have also been stolen because it was brand new and many of them he was holding. Plz my brothers and friends, when you are traveling, make sure your bags are locked with keys and take the most valuable items and hold it with you inside the air plane to avoid problems, delays, or heart break. Most guy here have lost there items in other airport and thinking it is in nigeria. 9ja guys may not be as bad as we think but though they are some criminals there at the airport. But here in south africa, its much. My brother arrived 9ja and was complaining that they stole his money at the airport in 9ja but who knows, it may be here in joburg cause his bag was unlocked and it may have there that the money was taken good care of. My advice, lock your bags very well so that your valuables will be your. We live to assist one another.
Re: Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. by jidewin(m): 4:18pm On May 24, 2012
Thank you henrychubayo.Your 'investigative' write up is good and informative.I had even the garri I brought inside d small ghana-must-go padlocked besides my main bag and my laptop was with me on board.
I hope fellow countrymen will take to this as its true,even dia policemen here dey collect roja from ppl..but with style...no be like our own with all dia gragra and acccidental discharge.
Re: Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. by henrychubayo: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
I called the guy, he told me that he was arrested by the police. Good work but they should have started from the root of the crime
Re: Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. by henrychubayo: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2013
Guide ur valuables very well at that airport for those going home. Too much stories from them
Re: Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. by Luvlagos(f): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hi, I am actually very surprised at your post & personally feel you are exaggerating, we all know when you travel out from airport your laptop has to be scanned separately out of the bag or pouch in a separate tray with cellphone, coins e.t.c how do the thieves then steal it as it is hand luggage? Let us all ask ourselves how many people chek-in laptops? As you know in SA & a whole lot of countries too nobody checks your hand luggage as it goes through a scanner, so far I only know in Nigeria MMA where security before check-in goes through your bags. All I am saying is for someone who travels a lot between these 2 countries you sound like a good story teller.
Re: Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. by henrychubayo: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
Luvlagos: Hi, I am actually very surprised at your post & personally feel you are exaggerating, we all know when you travel out from airport your laptop has to be scanned separately out of the bag or pouch in a separate tray with cellphone, coins e.t.c how do the thieves then steal it as it is hand luggage? Let us all ask ourselves how many people chek-in laptops? As you know in SA & a whole lot of countries too nobody checks your hand luggage as it goes through a scanner, so far I only know in Nigeria MMA where security before check-in goes through your bags. All I am saying is for someone who travels a lot between these 2 countries you sound like a good story teller.

I BEG YOUR PARDON. I don't have time to argue with you. Believe it or not. I don't personally know you so why accuse of or exaggerating and been a good story teller. if i am a wicked person and if its not against my faith, i will openly swear here that if what i said its not true, let me not find anything better in my remaining life but if i am saying the truth, then you will never find any good thing in your remaining life. What type of nonsense is these. You came from no where and start talking rubbish while you should have used your brain in other useful forms. If you have doubt or questions, why not respectfully ask me to clear it. why will you rain curses on your self for accusing someone telling the truth as a good story teller while you are the one who needs help. i minimize my activities here because a lot of people don't use their senses well. Learn it today to be a good and respectful person yourself rather than accuse someone of telling a good story. of what benefit is it to me to tell lies here? do people make gains here in such ways? Plz stay away from me. i have no such time. What ever you understand or feel, keep to your self. Hero
Re: Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
The boy might have lied to you sir..Laptops are not allowed in checked in luggage's, because they are Valuables and can break..once they do their scan and find out that you have a laptop in your checked in luggage they simply call your attention to remove it and take it inflight with you, so do not believe what that boy must have told you, rather educate yourself more with how things works rather than how you think they should work or because that's how they work somewhere then they should work anywhere.
Re: Information I Got About O. R. Tambo International Airport South Africa. by henrychubayo: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
eddiebruk: The boy might have lied to you sir..Laptops are not allowed in checked in luggage's, because they are Valuables and can break..once they do their scan and find out that you have a laptop in your checked in luggage they simply call your attention to remove it and take it inflight with you, so do not believe what that boy must have told you, rather educate yourself more with how things works rather than how you think they should work or because that's how they work somewhere then they should work anywhere.

Am very sure that i have flown an aircraft. i also know that in one of the travels i made to Lagos, i saw a passenger crying that his valuable has been stolen in my very eyes in Lagos from his check in luggage. He complain his laptop, phones and others are missing. i pity him so much and other also complain there in my very eyes and not hear say. How then will you explain that to me. i have also seen many who put laptops, wine and many others things in the Luggage and if the ask you to come and remove it, i wonder how those things get there. If you tell me that they will ask you to willingly remove it from there, because they don't want to be held responsible, it is understandable and not that they will break. I have not heard such stories. Many still carry laptops in the luggages even till now. What annoyed me in these stupid (Luvlagos) calling me a good story teller. Do i get cent from telling lies? I wish i know her in person. We must bear the insults since we are in Nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

My Bicycle Trip From Dakar, Senegal To Lagos, Nigeria / g / Economic Hardship: Nigerians Seek Greener Pastures Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.