Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Telnet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Telnet (909 Views)

Ping Network And Telnet Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telnet by mmonwuba(m): 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2007
please guysm i need to use telnet on vista, how do i do it?
Re: Telnet by omonoba: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2007
From Control panel,go to programs and features and then "turn windows feautures on or off".In the list that comes up check TELNET client and wait for the prompt.

Ur telnet will be activated after some minutes.I can be reached on 0805-464-2265 if d need arises.
Re: Telnet by alexis(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2007
You have be more clearer. Do you want to run a telnet server or you want to connect to a telnet server.

To run a telnet server on windows

Install and activate the Telnet service/daemon on windows

Running a telnet client

Once your telnet server is up and running, it listens on port 23. Simply connect to port 23

i.e. telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 23 where (xx.xx.xx.xx is the telnet server IP address)
Re: Telnet by anusule(m): 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2007
He just wrote that he wants Telnet (client and server) on Vista simple.

omonoba:

From Control panel,go to programs and features and then "turn windows feautures on or off".In the list that comes up check TELNET client and wait for the prompt.

your telnet will be activated after some minutes.I can be reached on 0805-464-2265 if d need arises.

Omonoba has said it all. But you can activate Telnet server as well.
Re: Telnet by mmonwuba(m): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2007
thanks guys for the reply. it worked
Re: Telnet by docchuks(m): 12:18am On Jan 27, 2015
Telnet is a simple yet powerful program that allows you to connect to a remote Cisco router or switch, and then configure it as though you were right at the console. Telnet is also one of those features that seems so very simple, until you get asked a half dozen questions about it on your CCNA exams. As with all topics, it's the details you know about Telnet that will help you pass the Intro and ICND exams.

Let's take a look at a few of these details. We'll begin by debunking one common belief about Telnet:

Telnet runs at layer 7 of the OSI model, not layer 3!

It's easy to think that Telnet runs at Layer 3 of the OSI model, the Network layer. After all, you're entering an IP address when you telnet in to a router or switch, and you may be on another router when you do it! None of that matters. Layer 3 is strictly the domain of routing. Like other features that require input from the end user, especially authentication, Telnet runs at the Application layer of the OSI model.

Speaking of authentication....

Cisco routers require a password to be set before anyone can telnet in.

Cisco routers can run quite a few passwords. We can set an enable password, an enable secret, an enable secret and enable password, a password for PPP connections, and even a console password.

All of those are optional, but the telnet password is not. Makes sense - you wouldn't want just anyone telnetting into your router, would you?
www..com/logging-internet-hosts-telnet

(1) (Reply)

I Need Multilinks 3g Or Starcomms Izap / Urgent: How Much Does An Hp 2000 2c29wm Notebook Pc Cost / Print Ur Document Wit Brother Printer Nd Ciss And U NEVA Worry Of Ink Cartridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.