Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! (13453 Views)

Packaged Garri Is Now Available In The Market[photo] / When You See A Man In The Market: / No 1 Fruit Juice In The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by ayobase(m): 8:33am On May 23, 2012
Was in d market some days back, and saw ajino moto. I was so surprised.

Do people still cook with this? Cant remember when last! Hmmmm!

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Tinkybabe(f): 11:24am On May 25, 2012
hahaha.I used to call it 'aji lo moto' when I was a kid thinking it was a yoruba word which translates 'we woke up to use a vehicle' cheesy cheesy cheesy.funny enough that's the only seasoning my mum used to cook back in the days..She's graduated to knorr now grin

3 Likes

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by ayobase(m): 5:10pm On May 26, 2012
Tinkybabe: hahaha.I used to call it 'aji lo moto' when I was a kid thinking it was a yoruba word which translates 'we woke up to use a vehicle' cheesy cheesy cheesy.funny enough that's the only seasoning my mum used to cook back in the days..She's graduated to knorr now grin

''aji lo moto''
Na knorr now o!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by sucezTP(f): 10:42pm On May 29, 2012
Ajinomoto is used for diff. Purposes so, u can alwayz get it in d market... I vividly rememba dos dayz, wen i was still vry young, bein d 1st daughter my mum always send me dis maggi. So, weneva my dad is comin back frm work, he alwayz meet me on d way goin 2 get it in 1 of d shops. Weneva he asks, i do tell him ''mummy mi ran mi ni maggi funfun''(mum sent me white maggi)..bt, its knorr now o..
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by ayobase(m): 11:36pm On May 29, 2012
sucezTP: Ajinomoto is used for diff. Purposes so, u can alwayz get it in d market... I vividly rememba dos dayz, wen i was still vry young, bein d 1st daughter my mum always send me dis maggi. So, weneva my dad is comin back frm work, he alwayz meet me on d way goin 2 get it in 1 of d shops. Weneva he asks, i do tell him ''mummy mi ran mi ni maggi funfun''(mum sent me white maggi)..bt, its knorr now o..

U sef na knorr now.
Knorr dey make sense be dat o!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by juman(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2012
There was rumour that it was not good that time.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by tiebe: 10:18am On May 31, 2012
juman: There was rumour that it was not good that time.

yeah, i remember hearing that once. . .
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by tjskii(f): 8:23am On Jun 08, 2012
Sheee Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ don't kno dt it is ajinomoto that gives bukafood its flavor,na wetin dem dey use
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by lifestyle1(m): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2012
I always add it to my tea every morning... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by 080ictcom(f): 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2012
hahahaha, what concern me with cooking lol
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Kockane(m): 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
My mum never cooked with it cuz it used to give my dad a skin reaction wenever he eats it. Buh she used it in washing her whites, it was a cheaper version of jik. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
Lol@ "aji łò moto"

1 Like

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by niddamugu(m): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
ayobase: Was in d market some days back, and saw ajino moto. I was so surprised.

Do people still cook with this? Cant remember when last! Hmmmm!

If you patronize any fast food joint (buka) grin grin grin , that's the major seasonong they use.

2 Likes

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by babe4chi(f): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
Neva liked ajinomoto, Ȋ̝̊̅† purges alot!!! Especially ♍α̲̅ dad...
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by kaiter: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
Great thread [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by shadrach77: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
i'm suprised it's still in the market - very dangerous for consumption - it works effectively as a detergent and a bleach angry
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by stepo707: 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
shadrach77: i'm suprised it's still in the market - very dangerous for consumption - it works effectively as a detergent and a bleach angry

I heard same.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by zangiff(m): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
once the management has fail,every other tin fails
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by tessyade: 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
niddamugu:

If you patronize any fast food joint (buka) grin grin grin , that's the major seasonong they use.
True especially the yoruba owned canteens.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by doofanc: 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
shadrach77: i'm suprised it's still in the market - very dangerous for consumption - it works effectively as a detergent and a bleach angry

what i heard was that monosodium glutamate, the active ingredient, was known to cause cancer
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by stpat1(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2012
I still don't see anytiing wrong with it o cos thats what I used throughout my university days. Used to buy d roll then.

1 Like

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by etayokha(f): 2:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
my dear dont try using it for soup oo, it is not gud for the body, if u must buy, it should b for washing, for me i can imagine myself buying dat robbish from d market.
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by kton(m): 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
You will be surprised to know that this particular Ajinomoto seasoning is used as seasoning ingredient in all noodles be it indomie,meemee,honeywell etc. So, as long as you eat noodles,you also eat Ajinomoto.

6 Likes

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by blackboi(m): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2012
Kockane: My mum never cooked with it cuz it used to give my dad a skin reaction wenever he eats it. Buh she used it in washing her whites, it was a cheaper version of jik. grin
for real?? gringrin
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by blackboi(m): 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
I was @ the Kaduna Central Market in 2005, where I saw an hausa man applying "that thing" (ajinomoto) inside his Garri.
Men, those guyz can eat sh!t

2 Likes

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Iranoladun(f): 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) is very dangerous and not recommended again for food seasoning. Please read the article below and if still in doubt visit WHO page.

However, it will surprise you to know that most of the alternative food seasonings like Knorr, maggi etc also contains MSG. Apart from the harmful effect of MSG it also have addictive tendency i.e. it makes you to eat more! shocked Reason most restaurant do not want to part with it undecided. I always advise people who use maggi, knorr etc to use them sparingly because of the MSG content

Monosodium Glutamate MSG Health Dangers and Side Effects of Toxic Additives[

http://www.resourcesforlife.com/docs/item1225
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by blackboi(m): 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
@Moderator, what's happening nah?? I typed "shi:i:t" not "droppings"!
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Lagusta(m): 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2012
life_style: I always add it to my tea every morning... undecided

whattt! Its nt sugar, its monosodium glutamate, and it is a known carcinogen
Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by naijapatriot: 2:54pm On Jun 08, 2012
Is Maggi the generic name of cubed seasoning, or a brand of it?
I don't think "Maggi" is an English word.
Just the same way we used to call most detergents "Omo" , or toothpastes "maclean".
sucezTP: Ajinomoto is used for diff. Purposes so, u can alwayz get it in d market... I vividly rememba dos dayz, wen i was still vry young, bein d 1st daughter my mum always send me dis maggi. So, weneva my dad is comin back frm work, he alwayz meet me on d way goin 2 get it in 1 of d shops. Weneva he asks, i do tell him ''mummy mi ran mi ni maggi funfun''(mum sent me white maggi)..bt, its knorr now o..

1 Like

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by Lagusta(m): 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
Iranoladun: Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) is very dangerous and not recommended again for food seasoning. Please read the article below and if still in doubt visit WHO page.

However, it will surprise you to know that most of the alternative food seasonings like Knorr, maggi etc also contains MSG. Apart from the harmful effect of MSG it also have addictive tendency i.e. it makes you to eat more! shocked Reason most restaurant do not want to part with it undecided. I always advise people who use maggi, knorr etc to use them sparingly because of the MSG content

Monosodium Glutamate MSG Health Dangers and Side Effects of Toxic Additives[

http://www.resourcesforlife.com/docs/item1225

u are very correct, the active ingredient (monosodium glutamate) is a well known carcinogen. Present in indomie seasoning (in fact all types of noodles), maggi, knorr, nd oda seasonings.

The highest concentration is in ajinomoto, as u can all see that it is the raw salt. So it is more dangerous...

Thats y villagers live longer, they use natural seasonings e.g locust beans, potash, smoked fish, crayfish, etc.

1 Like

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by greall1: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
Who tell u that

tessyade: True especially the yoruba owned canteens.

1 Like

Re: Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! by greall1: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Yes u are right. Hausa pple like to use it

quote author=blackboi]I was @ the Kaduna Central Market in 2005, where I saw an hausa man applying "that thing" (ajinomoto) inside his Garri.
Men, those guyz can eat sh!t[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bournvita Or Milo? / Small Chops Preparation / Which Soup Is Your Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.