Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians (36806 Views)

Were Hausas The Ancient Egyptians? / 12 Images Of Pharaohs That Prove Ancient Egyptians Were Black / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by EEngineer1(m): 11:59am On May 23, 2012
this question has been a controversial hot debate over the last century,
i would like to know ur opinions [ especially pple with proof], which race do u think the ancient egyptians belonged to, were they fully caucasian with a slave negroid element? were they fully negroid with a caucasian minority? or where they equally mixed?

when i say ancient egyptians, i dont mean the egyptians of 1500 years ago till today who were conquered by the arabs and have arabic blood in them, i also dont mean the egyptians of alexander the great's era [ the ptolemy's]
i mean the ancient kemetians who built the great pyramids and did all the wonderful things that attract tourists today, i mean those who started the civilization, just the same way the people who started the british empire and nations are of the caucasiod nordic race even though there are many mulattoes and blacks in UK
please Nlers give me answers
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by morpheus24: 3:16pm On May 23, 2012
^^^^

to answer your overly debated question. first you have to define what one means by "caucasoid" and "negroid" before moving forward.

How do you define the above terms and in what sense are you applying them?
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by EEngineer1(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2012
lets say caucasoid means all middle eastern, european people not including our far east asians[chinese etc]
negroid meaning all black people from ethiopians [horners] down to subsaharan african people chikena
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by morpheus24: 7:27pm On May 23, 2012
^^^^

Then Ancient Egyptians would fall under your definition of negroid people since their closet relatives were the Ethiopians and the Somali.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:53am On May 24, 2012
^^^^i think you should just shut up with your black obsession. . angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by TaXasa: 3:53am On May 30, 2012
i LIVED in egypt for a while and from what i Learned and modern egyptains would hate to admitt but Most ancient egyptians were black and they know that. From what I know:

Pre-dynastic Ancient Egypt= Black (Many west African Tribes Like wolof etc.)

1st Till 12th Dynasty = Black (Nubians).

13th Till 17th Dynasty = Semites (Hyksos From Syria)

During That Time The melting Pot Of egypt Started.

18th,19th,20th Dynasty = Black (Setians from the region of East Sudan/South East Egypt/Eritrea)

21st Dynasty Till 24th Dynasty = New Mixed Egyptians (Hyksos + Nubians + Setians) and Mamush (Libyans).

25th Dynasty = Black (Kushtic).

26th till 31st = White (Assyrians-Romans-Greeks-Persians)

So Every one had a go at being a Pharoh in Ancient Egypt. Today Egyptains are even more mixed with Arabs,Turks,albanians etc. However 2 groups or tribes in Egypt who are black are still todate are credited with being The decendents of Early Dynasties Of ancient EGYPT, The nubians from the early Dynasties and The Bisharin Beja from the New Kingdom Dynasties 18-20 (Tut/Hatchepsut/amhentop/akhnetan/Thutmose/Ramses Etc.)

The truth is Many modern Egyptians refuse to accept it because it destroys their identity as from prep school they are taught how their History and ancient egyptians were the pioneers of many things and they are descendents of them, Just like someone on his death bed been told He is adopted, However for me and many southern Egyptains you can defeat them in few minutes if they argue, Bear in mind Modern Egyptians would never let this debate be open in Egypt. race when it comes to Ancient Egypt is covered up because its just too obvious (If you Visit and lived in Egypt and seen the artifacts and monuments) and the truth would come out quickly, so they keep a lid on it because they Know. Only Few professors would admit In egypt and even they are Harrased for stating the obvious. Anyway if you want to know More about this you can ask Further questions.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:53am On May 30, 2012
your theory is c.rap. you even failed to mention wheatish complexioned Egyptians like King Tutankhamun, etc. and it was they who made up most of Egyptian history. angry angry

your black obsession just wiped out an entire part of history. angry
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:57am On May 30, 2012
The Nubian Pharaohs ruled Egypt only for 75 YEARS, which is[b] NOTHING![/b]

The Bedjawi are not even exactly Black. They are brownish/tanned-wheatish in complexion and are descended from the High Priests of Thebes, etc. .

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by morpheus24: 5:13pm On May 30, 2012
^^^

since the dictionary definition of black entails a person with dark skin that originates or whose ancestors came from Africa, the above fellows would encompass that definition don't you think otherwise we shouldn't call these below people black either if we are to consider different hues of African skin, should we now?

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 5:16pm On May 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
The Nubian Pharaohs ruled Egypt only for 75 YEARS, which is[b] NOTHING![/b]

The Bedjawi are not even exactly Black. They are brownish/tanned-wheatish in complexion and are descended from the High Priests of Thebes, etc. .

I don't agree with this, and neither does this white guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TRBVMGugx8
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2012
morpheus24: ^^^

since the dictionary definition of black entails a person with dark skin that originates from Africa, the above fellows would encompass that definition don't you think otherwise we shouldn't call these people black either sould we?

You will be surprised but some Igbos do not want to be black as well lol. Black people seriously have issues as a group.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by morpheus24: 5:29pm On May 30, 2012
Fulaman198:

You will be surprised but some Igbos do not want to be black as well lol. Black people seriously have issues as a group.

Mis-education from eurocentric science. I find it funny how these two individuals. though different in outlook would be considered both white/caucasian men. How ironic. Variances apply to African people in categorizing them but not to Europeans

Hmmm?

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 5:57pm On May 30, 2012
morpheus24:

Mis-education from eurocentric science. I find it funny how these two individuals. though different in outlook would be considered both white/caucasian men. How ironic. Variances apply to African people in categorizing them but not to Europeans

Hmmm?

I agree with you 100% brother don't get me wrong, I just feel that so many people are ashamed of being black today for no reason. As far as Antonio Banderas goes, he is from Spain so he is bound to have Moor blood.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PhysicsQED(m): 6:02pm On May 30, 2012
Not that I care what the 'race' of the Beja is claimed to be @ Pagan, but it seems that most Beja people are dark skinned and wooly/'kinky' haired rather than looking like the ones you posted.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:36am On Jun 01, 2012
^^^^^^^ ok lets say you all are right. .

BUT WHY ARE WE BEING SO RASCIST/ CCOLOURSIST

just because the western fellow made up all this BLACK business, why should we follow it do we CARE if anyone is black or white NO!

i bet ALL of you present here are at the most, DARK BROWN. Even among the Fula you have diferent skin tones. who cares for the definitions made up by this westerners. To me, only blood and Tribe matter. nothing else. and at the most, Inner Beauty. angry
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 6:53am On Jun 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^ ok lets say you all are right. .

BUT WHY ARE WE BEING SO RASCIST/ CCOLOURSIST

just because the western fellow made up all this BLACK business, why should we follow it do we CARE if anyone is black or white NO!

i bet ALL of you present here are at the most, DARK BROWN. Even among the Fula you have diferent skin tones. who cares for the definitions made up by this westerners. To me, only blood and Tribe matter. nothing else. and at the most, Inner Beauty. angry

Correct we have different "tones" but we never say we are anything else except black. By saying we are something else besides black, we are indirectly separating ourselves from our other African brothers and sisters. This will make white people happy.

It is not being racist by acknowledging a skin colour. Racism is when you use your skin colour to say you are superior and try to use whatever authority you have because of skin colour to prevent someone from advancing or committing a hate crime (see KKK or other examples). For example in the Western world, if a white person hires someone who has less qualification because that person is white over someone who has more qualification because that person is of a different skin colour, then that is racism.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:17am On Jun 01, 2012
Fulaman198:

Correct we have different "tones" but we never say we are anything else except black. By saying we are something else besides black, we are indirectly separating ourselves from our other African brothers and sisters. This will make white people happy.

again that is YOU who is saying we are nothing other that black. i strongly deny any association with being black because i have a different Color. WHAT AFRICAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS have they ever helped you on what basis are you clubbing all of us together is it just because we are in one continent NO! to me, all Tribesmen around the world who are human (lol ofc), and especially the poor and downtrodden, are my brothers and sisters irrespective of their skin tone, because we are the ORIGINAL peoples of this planet.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 7:20am On Jun 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

again that is YOU who is saying we are nothing other that black. i strongly deny any association with being black because i have a different Color. WHAT AFRICAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS have they ever helped you on what basis are you clubbing all of us together is it just because we are in one continent NO! to me, all Tribesmen around the world who are human (lol ofc), and especially the poor and downtrodden, are my brothers and sisters irrespective of their skin tone, because we are the ORIGINAL peoples of this planet.

In the western world you are seen as one way, there is no "dark brown", "light brown", or any of this Rubbish. Africans need to unite. Europeans and Americans will continue to laugh at us for this backward thinking calling ourselves based on skin-tone. You do not see white people doing this. Do they not have various skin tones too? They just say they are white. All Fulani from Senegal to Sudan acknowledge the fact that we are black. Even Baaba Maal the king of Fulani music has always acknowledged this.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:25am On Jun 01, 2012
Fulaman198:

In the western world you are seen as one way, there is no "dark brown", "light brown", or any of this Rubbish. Africans need to unite. Europeans and Americans will continue to laugh at us for this backward thinking calling ourselves based on skin-tone. You do not see white people doing this. Do they not have various skin tones too? They just say they are white. All Fulani from Senegal to Sudan acknowledge the fact that we are black. Even Baaba Maal the king of Fulani music has always acknowledged this.

THEN WE UNITE AS[b] AFRICAN[/b]! NOT BLACK MEN. we are not pawns in a game of chess. angry
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 7:28am On Jun 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

THEN WE UNITE AS[b] AFRICAN[/b]! NOT BLACK MEN. we are not pawns in a game of chess. angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h84TA9LVh80

He says people of the "black" continent
Men of the Sahel and the Forest
Men of the Savannah and the huge desert (Sahara)
African my brother, this is my blood (I am translating what Baaba said)
Listen to your music
It is the voice of our God and our ancestors
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2012
Fulaman198:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h84TA9LVh80

He says people of the "black" continent
Men of the Sahel and the Forest
Men of the Savannah and the huge desert (Sahara)
African my brother, this is my blood (I am translating what Baaba said)
Listen to your music
It is the voice of our God and our ancestors

Baaba Maal is a top singer but then again, he has his own views just like you Fulaman, have your own view. He said people of the Dark Continent, because that was what Africa has been called all this while b the Europeans and the slavers.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 7:37am On Jun 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Baaba Maal is a top singer but then again, he has his own views just like you Fulaman, have your own view. He said people of the Dark Continent, because that was what Africa has been called all this while b the Europeans and the slavers.

He said black not dark lol

noir = black
bandeejo = black in Fulfulde
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:45am On Jun 01, 2012
Fulaman198:

He said black not dark lol

noir = black
bandeejo = black in Fulfulde

i meant the same. tongue
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Fulaman198(m): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i meant the same. tongue

You are an interesting fellow
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2012
Fulaman198:

You are an interesting fellow

haha we are all interesting in our own ways. we just have to find out that interesting bit. . wink
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Ybutterfly: 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
E-Engineer:
this question has been a controversial hot debate over the last century,
i would like to know ur opinions [ especially pple with proof], which race do u think the ancient egyptians belonged to, were they fully caucasian with a slave negroid element? were they fully negroid with a caucasian minority? or where they equally mixed?

when i say ancient egyptians, i dont mean the egyptians of 1500 years ago till today who were conquered by the arabs and have arabic blood in them, i also dont mean the egyptians of alexander the great's era [ the ptolemy's]
i mean the ancient kemetians who built the great pyramids and did all the wonderful things that attract tourists today, i mean those who started the civilization, just the same way the people who started the british empire and nations are of the caucasiod nordic race even though there are many mulattoes and blacks in UK
please Nlers give me answers

^^^^^^^^^wH0 c@rE$^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
your theory is c.rap. you even failed to mention wheatish complexioned Egyptians like King Tutankhamun, etc. and it was they who made up most of Egyptian history. angry angry

your black obsession just wiped out an entire part of history. angry

[size=28pt]^^^SLAYED [/size]grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5wLCVpBjhk

... BY AN ARAB BTW.. grin
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^^wH0 c@rE$^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin grin

lol...this made me laugh!

#ignitazz
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by lepasharon(f): 1:46am On Oct 25, 2012
See what these loser white people have to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apuIFBMID7I
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Horus(m): 2:07am On Oct 25, 2012
[img]http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files./2008/07/nubian-mummy.jpg[/img]
Maiherpri Mummy

Maiherpri was buried in a Royal Egyptian Tomb in the Valley of the Kings, the royal necropolis (Egypt). The mummy was unwrapped in March 1901, revealing a very dark skin with woolly hair. In Maiherperi's tomb, a papyrus was found depicting him with literally "blackish" skin. The papyrus in question was the Book of the Dead (Picture below).

Papyrus of Maiherpri

1 Like

Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 25, 2012
^^he looks like many east africans do today.

one thing is certain the original egyptians were black and were descendants of both sudanese/kush and **horn african ppls.

no media, no propaganda can take away the obvious.
tell me, how many arabs you know with the names "menes", "khafre" or "khufu"? exactly.

and dont get me started on the great sphinx...!!

by horner i mean the ORIGINAL CUSHITES. grin grin grin grin
look @ the man...

Horus: [img]http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files./2008/07/nubian-mummy.jpg[/img]
Maiherpri Mummy

wow..look at how well preserved he is though.
this always amazes me. did even when i was a child and first got into Egyptology.
Re: What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 25, 2012
lepasharon: See what these loser white people have to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apuIFBMID7I

i like this video!! grin grin
AWESOME!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Calabar Carnival 2013 [Live] / Ooni Ogunwusi Battles Recession With Aje Festival (Pics) / Moment Omoba Tsola Emiko Was Crowned As 21st Olu of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.