Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions (11691 Views)

UTME 2015 Cutoff Marks For Nigerian Institutions / Current School Fee Payments Received By Various Nigerian Institutions / Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by Bontee: 8:51am On May 24, 2012
jambogini: k

Man you are very sick, go to developed countrt and u will se that jamb neco waec is not neccessary to enter a university...silly idiot governed by corrupt officials

Still every country has to choose the process that best suits them and the only problem we have with this exams are corruption, exam malpractice and transparent admission process.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by donwater(m): 10:33am On May 24, 2012
Let's just hope we get d right ppl in d sector who can really change thins 4 us.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by Nimakor: 12:17pm On May 24, 2012
Da-unashamed:
Does that mean no hope for our future leaders?
lwkmd. Which future leaders. U want to tell me u have not realised that the present leaders are the future leaders. Ha! Ya ryt.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by arsenwise: 5:33pm On May 24, 2012
Am a graduate finance from nigeria public universty...gaining admision in nigeria is like finding the cure to hiv/aids.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by arsenwise: 5:34pm On May 24, 2012
Am a graduate of finance from nigeria public universty...gaining admision in nigeria is like finding the cure to hiv/aids.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by meetmeonline: 5:59pm On May 24, 2012

[quote author=Whizkay][/quote]

Oboy watch it and change your ideology before you ruin the life of anyone seeking your advice in O'Level.

It is far better to start Horticulture or Forestry by 17' and go for ICAN to become Chartered by 23' than to keep applying only to (if ever you will) get your UNILAG Accountancy at the age of 24 to graduate by 28' and be called BROSSS! by your mates while in NYSC

How brilliant could you ever be to be amongst the 200 (with good heads and influential parents) who will win admission in a department where

10,109 applied for Accounting in UNIILLORIN
10,131 applied for Medicine in UNN
9,423 applied for Business Admin in UNIILLORIN
9,406 applied for Accounting in OAU
7,343 applied for Business Admin in UNIBEN

In the list number above, 1 out of every 37 people may only get admission, meaning in a Post-UME class of 40, you must be the best

[size=16pt]My brother, if you daydream for too long, then be prepared to stay awake while other sleep at night[/size]
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by cigie(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2012
Michael Avede: Problem day dis our nation o. I nor go talk anytin yet let me see if i wil nt gain admission dis year wit d great score i hav in jamb.day wil no wht i can do.
you dont know what you are saying...just pray that your school of choice absorbs you, if not ehnnn.....
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by meetmeonline: 6:51pm On May 24, 2012

If you dream to read any of the courses below, the best option for you is to ask your dad to sell his plot and take you to a private school

[size=16pt]If you do not have the supercomputer kind of brain Never-Never-Never! try to apply in a Federal or even State university for any of these!
[/size]

Accounting
Banking and Finance
Biochemistry
Business Admin
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering
Computer Science
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Law
Mass Communication
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Lab. Sc
Medicine & Surg
Microbiology
Nursing
Petroleum Engineering
Pharmacy
Political Science

Even if the whole family do a 1year dry fasting, your name will not be enlisted

we have tried it, our eyes have seen it

Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by kaposky(f): 4:57am On May 25, 2012
You are right guy. But the fact remains that the future of this country lies in the hands of you and I. Thats why we should fight to have a voice that should be heard in this country, if not, the children of those corrupted leaders will still be in charge and corrupt this country more than their fathers did.
We can really make a difference if we believe.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by tobezekiel(f): 8:41am On May 25, 2012
Even the private schs sef(some o) e.g covenant, redeemers.. esp that covenant!(they carry jamb on their head) the cutoff mark by jamb last year was 180 an ah scored 211 apply'd accountin in covenant an redeemers o, redeemers gave me bankin an finance buh i dint go cos i was expectin admisn 4rm covenant, whn al the list came out my name was nt on any list. we went to the sch to knw wht the problem was an al they could say was dat my score in jamb was low 4 accountin cry,dat the cuttoff mark 4 acc was 230 an i would hv been given admisn to do anyoda course buh i dint come to do change of course dat was hw i wasnt admited last yr o. . . al because of jamb score.
Now my problem is dis same jamb has denied alot of studnts admisn.
My problem is, why mandate a studnt to go tru jamb whn u cant respect or abide by the cut-off mark set by the jamb al because of mony make'n
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by bilms(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2012
2good: Why does the whole population of a country have to go to the university? Check this link below to see the percentage of population in Western Countries going to University.
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/090908/t090908b1-eng.htm

If everybody goes to university, who will mount other sectors of the economy? Ever since HND discrimination started, we lost it as a nation. Teachings in polytechnics are not even what they are suppose to be anymore in the sense that they are no more equipped to give sound technical education instead it has been converted to more of theoretical education and they still call them technical schools. We need to go back to the drawing board as a nation to redesign what system we want for ourself as a nation.
Also @ OP, don't forget that majority of these so called qualified people that you are talking about are actually not qualified but got the fantastic grades and result through 'runs' which has become the order of the day in Nigeria. Eradication of 'runs' is what we should be looking at so that truly gifted students can be identified and nurtured to help build Nigeria.

We are not talking about university here,we are talking about higher institution in general, be it uni,poly, or college.

Every qualified student is qualified according to the requirement,if you said they are not, prove it. After Jamb, we have post UME, i think there is no need to taking jamb every year,since they would still take the post jamb exam in any school they choose.. If we should go by your position, how sure are we that those unqualified once are not the once given admission?

But i

Be fair enough in your analysis please, Nigeria only has 30% educated rate, how then would you conclude that everyone is trying to go to school in a country with 30% education rate?

We have people who never cared about school, in fact they are the largest population till date.

But come to think of it, what is wrong with everyone going to University? why did you go to school? why don't you take the other route too?

The Government itself is calling everyone to go to school,it got to a stage that parents are said to be arrested in some states if their children are seen at home during school hours.

Also @ OP, don't forget that majority of these so called qualified people that you are talking about are actually not qualified but got the fantastic grades and result through 'runs' which has become the order of the day in Nigeria.

I would have to agree with you that we got it wrong since the discrimination started, i believe College should be accorded the same standard with University for teachers, no aspiring teacher of lecturer would ever bother about University since he would get a certificate of the same standard in College for his profession, the same for polytechnic too.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by oladayo042: 1:53pm On May 25, 2012
@OP
I ruminated on this proposal of yours when I was still looking for admission. If you build more classes and employ more lecturers just to admit more students, where will you put them after graduation? There are some other issues to consider as admitting more students will definitely lead to some things (more govt subventions, more NYSC camps, more batches for NYSC, etc.)
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by oladayo042: 2:30pm On May 25, 2012
meetmeonline: .
Oboy watch it and change your ideology before you ruin the life of anyone seeking your advice in O'Level.

It is far better to start Horticulture or Forestry by 17' and go for ICAN to become Chartered by 23' than to keep applying only to (if ever you will) get your UNILAG Accountancy at the age of 24 to graduate by 28' and be called BROSSS! by your mates while in NYSC

How brilliant could you ever be to be amongst the 200 (with good heads and influential parents) who will win admission in a department where

10,109 applied for Accounting in UNIILLORIN
10,131 applied for Medicine in UNN
9,423 applied for Business Admin in UNIILLORIN
9,406 applied for Accounting in OAU
7,343 applied for Business Admin in UNIBEN

In the list number above, 1 out of every 37 people may only get admission, meaning in a Post-UME class of 40, you must be the best

[size=16pt]My brother, if you daydream for too long, then be prepared to stay awake while other sleep at night[/size]
Haba! The situation is not as bad as you portrayed it. All these statistics from JAMB are either those who applied for these courses before the UTME was written or those who had 200 and above after UTME was written. If it is the latter, the university will also have the requirements which will reduce those numbers significantly (e.g. UNILORIN cutoff mark Accounting - 220, Bus Admin - 220 and O'level requirements as well). These requirements will reduce some of these numbers as far as 90 percent (some maybe more).

The UTME is the cause of these astronomical statistics as those who even want to go to polytechnics must also select a university when filling their UTME form and they are also counted as part of the statistics you quoted.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by bilms(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2012
hum
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by Laryokeke: 4:03am On May 29, 2012
jambogini: k

Man you are very sick, go to developed countrt and u will sthat jamb neco waec is not neccessary to enter a university...silly idiot governed by corrupt officials

Why do Nigerians love thinking in the box? Do you expect to get into most sought-after tertiary institutions without any form of screening or competition whatsoever? Americans and foreign nations have their own way of doing it and over here; this is our own way of doing it. Jamb is probably corrupt, but it is because of you Nigerians. You revere miracle centres and dole out huge sums of money to invilgators and yet, when it disfavours you, you come back here to ventilate deserved grievances.

You should scale through Jamb and afterwards; scale through POst UME. That way, you are sure you truly deserve the admission! Has any of you gotten 300 without malpractices and you were denied admission? YOu guys should go pick your books and stop being comfortable in mediocrity. If i get 205 in an examination like Jamb; i would simply hide myself lest anyone asks me what i scored and its just the truth!

How can you be asked 400 questions on subjects you are supposed to have been studying for 6 years and you fail 195
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by bilms(m): 7:08pm On May 30, 2012
how do you proved its expo?
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by PRESERVER(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
Good one here and I wish you all a success

Just want you all to know that Osun State University aka UNIOSUN Admission 2012/2013 POST UTME FORM FINALLY RELEASED! !!

READ MORE NOW... here at www.uniosun.info
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by ola2050: 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2012
Admission into university  in nigeria  nowadays is a great problem especially for those trying to use jamb as the mode of entry. . . But for those that pass the last  UTME, i wish your a succesful result in your post ume and for those who did not pass the UTME, i have a good news and better alternative. . .  the best alternative, is IJMB.

Interim joint matriculation board. . . It is a programme, that takes you to 200 level directly  into any school of your choice. . . . This programme, is available for aLL department. . . . . . The programme is organized by the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, and has accredited centres in ilorin and other environs

The programme is been accepted by some universities in nigeria. . . To know the universities and for more relevant information  about the programme, you can contact us or sms on . . .  08068940428 or 08189529845

The programme last for only nine months. . . In this centre  there is transparency and necessary info are been released to student as at when due. . .

The center run  lectures regularly and also make sure the student registration is been done properly and on time. . .  The center try their possible best that student have a good points at the end of the programme. .  The centre assist the student in there own little way. . .  the centre  also assist their students With  admission in few universities that they  know they  can assist because doing the programme is not your priority rather than gaining admission with the programme. . . . 

We advise interested students to come for their registration in other to prevent any difficulties. . .

We have success stories of  students in various universities that accept the programme. . .  We encourage and also give educational advice where necessary. . .

Over the years now IJMB has been a good alternative for most student entering into university directly into 200level. .  The programme is recommendable. . .

The Fees for the programme is affordable and the centre has done it in a way that interested student can pay conveniently without much burden. . . .   Lectures and other necessary learning materials and tools is also included in the fees.

The centre has a good, safe and conducive learning  enivronment and hostel. . . With regular electricity. . .  Also the centre is closer to the lectures area which makes it convenient and easy for students to attend lectures regularly without stress. . . . .

Hostel facilities is very neat and convenient. .

Feel free, For any or more  relevant information about the programme and how it can be used for admission or the universities that allow the programme you can call or sms on 08068940428 or 08189529845 and proper attention and information will be communicated to you. . .
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by bilms(m): 12:44pm On Jul 01, 2012
hum
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by jambogini: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2012
Bleep nigerian system of education. Who cares go to hell all
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
It's clear that the government is responsible to this issue here fromm so many comments, i hope they look into it but.......... we are in Nigeria where ANYTHING can happen.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by bilms(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2012
?
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by licia3: 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
India education system is very high and they are highly recognized in the world. So, there universities now offer admission to International students like Nigerians without taking a jamb.Even i am here studying mass communication and just now i finish my second year. after years of trying hard in Nigeria without a success. This is indeed a cheering news for all who are bored of writing jamb. No more waiting endless taking jamb without an admission in Nigeria.

You can read courses like Medicine, Nursing, Accountancy, Law, Engineering mass communication ,Computer science etc without writing any entrance exams. The only condition is that you must CREDIT English and mathematics with any other three subjects and Must have a school leaving certificate/testimonial to be qualified to get an admission.

The good thing about India University Education is that; It is not as expensive as other countries, they don't go on strike and duration is 3 years. You will finish at when due and use your time for productive ventures. Do you want to enter university in this year? then the ball is in your court to make a move instead of wasting your time in writing jamb. It is time you make your dream come true. If your are interested you can contact me on liciayemmy@yahoo.com. or on FB licia ojo, Phone No +919573668031.
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by bilms(m): 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2013
Hum
Re: The Problem Of Admission In Nigerian Institutions by bilms(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2013
?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Check JAMB Online Admission Status 2014/2015 / ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike November 13 / My 2 Weeks IELTS Journey And Tips To Help You Achieve A 8+ Band Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.