Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

I Am Looking For Christians In Nigeria. Please, Where Can I Find Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Looking For Christians In Nigeria. Please, Where Can I Find Them? (499 Views)

Christians In Jerusalem Want Jews To Stop Spitting On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Looking For Christians In Nigeria. Please, Where Can I Find Them? by Orikinla(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2012
Yes, I am really looking for Christians in Nigeria. But finding them has not been easy these days.
I have been searching from the street to the pulpit, but I have only seen legions of church goers, but they don't behave like true Christians.
In fact, the Africans among them seem to fear their village Juju more than the God they confess and profess to believe in church.
They seem to go to church as a social function to display the fashion in vogue and in some churches, the girls seemed to have come dressed for night clubbing, with body hugging above the knees skirts!

In fact, saying "I am a Christian" is just another cliché to tickle the fancy. Because, what they do is totally the opposite of what they claim. And they even do so with brazen impunity and with a hiss. Their egos and lifestyles are ruled by wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.
Do they really believe in God?
Because, legions of them are swayed by Mammon and other evil spirits at large.

The more I look for Christians in Nigeria, the more hypocrites I see.
In fact, I would rather dine and wine with pagans than with the so called Christians in Nigeria.

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
~ Messiah Jesus Christ in Matthew 7:15-20, Holy Bible (NIV).

Let us pray lest we are ensnared and smeared.
But if we are already infected, it is not too late to disentangle ourselves from the corruption plaguing these legions before we are consumed.

~ By Ekenyerengozi מִיכָאֵל‎ Chima

(1) (Reply)

There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland / God's Chosen People ? / Jesus And Satan Watched Television Together-deepsight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.