Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33454 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:
WTF are you talking about?
I've always known you to be scared of minorities like mpumalanga and Logic Mind.

What are you on about??

Are you speaking in parables?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:51pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

WTF are you talking about?
I've always known you to be scared of minorities like mpumalanga and Logic Mind.

Who is scared of you?
inconsequential confused set of basttards born of unholy union between aboki invaders and minority whoreholes.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 6:52pm On May 28, 2012
Logic Mind: Onlytruth please tell me,
What concessions are you willing to give to our minority neighbours in order to gain their support [/b]or are you expecting them to help you realise your dream without any indemnification?

I was not talking about more concessions. I was talking about the fact that Chief Harold Dappa Biriye, and Isaac Adaka Boro (and their followers in Eastern region) were REAL issues (because they were Hausa/Fulani allies) that should have factored more into Biafran war calculus.
However, [b]my main point
(if you go back on this thread) is that Biafra did not obtain strong foreign support, and because of that failure, should have taken the next (though less than secession) position. If Biafra had secured say a US support, then of course the calculus changes again, and we may well not care what anybody thinks locally. Please note the may. My only concern is that we should have put the war WAY BEYOND any local event against us. It was not done.
We the younger ones should not repeat the mistake.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:53pm On May 28, 2012
@ mpumalanga, Ejoor discussed financial compensation for 'displaced persons' from his region with the other smc members at Aburi but the implementation was cut short by the decree no.8 vs. Aburi wrangling between Gowon and the Eastern region so I don't know what you mean by him being against relief for displaced Midwestern Igbos:

15. The Council considered exhaustively the problems of displaced persons, with particular reference to their rehabilitation, employment and property. The view was expressed and generally accepted that the Federal Government ought to take the lead in establishing a National Body which will be responsible for raising and making appeal for funds. Lt.-Col. Ojukwu made the point, which was accepted by Lt.-Col. Katsina, that in the present situation, the intermingling of Easterners and Northerners was not feasible. After each Military Governor had discussed these problems as they affected his area, the Council agreed: a. On rehabilitation, that Finance Permanent Secretaries should resume their meeting within two weeks and submit recommendations and that each Region should send three representatives to the meeting. b. On employment and recovery of property, that civil servants and Corporation staff (including daily paid employees) who have not been absorbed should continue to be paid their full salaries until 31st March, 1967 provided they have not got alternative employment, and that the Military governors of the East, West and Mid-West should send representatives (Police Commissioners) to meet and discuss the problem of recovery of property left behind by displaced persons. Lt.-Col. Ejoor disclosed that the employment situation in his Region was so acute that he had no alternative but to ask no-Mid-Westerners working the private sector in his Region to quit and make room for Mid-Westerners repatriated from elsewhere. Lt.-Col. Ojukwu stated that he fully appreciated the problem faced by both the Military Governor, West, and the Military Governor, Mid-West, in this matter and that if in the last resort, either of them had to send the Easterners concerned back to the East, he would understand, much as the action would further complicate the resettlement problem in the East.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Shareboyz(m): 6:55pm On May 28, 2012
Abeg mek una shut up...
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 28, 2012
Lmao!!

I ahve to say, I enjoy this thread. So much azz licking from one brother to another cheesy cheesy

Mr. Lagosuu lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 6:55pm On May 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

Who is scared of you?
inconsequential confused set of basttards born of unholy union between aboki invaders and minority whoreholes.

Your fear exhibits itself in your "rich" choice of words, bro.
Why are you scared stiff of a hand reaching out in friendship across the Niger?
Truth is a brutal thing, but it is the foundation of trust and friendship. Logic Mind, why does the truth scare you?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 6:56pm On May 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

You still don't understand me and the examples I gave.
When I state here that if Biafra had my type in the war room THERE IS NO WAY WE WOULD HAVE LOST THAT WAR. I mean every word of it!
Humility is not a sign of weakness. In most wars it is even a sign of strength.
If I can squeeze water out of stones in swamps to give Biafra the edge, I would do it. If I can extract even 1% more support for Biafra, I would go for it. I wouldn't have lost Camerounian support sef, talk less of Eastern tribe support. Our enemies in Nigeria then were the Hausa/Fulani, but guess who fought us? The minorities of the North!
Honestly, you don't understand.
A quote I love a lot is from Shaka Zulu again: "A leopard is a strong animal, but if offered wings, it would be a fool to reject them." I would go for those wings, or tails or feathers or claws even as a leopard that I am. lol.
It is called being smart.
The allied forces could have ignored tiny gulf states while they planned the first gulf war. They didn't. For a good reason. The Iraqis ignored them and even threatened them; well, where is Saddam Hussein today?
The point is that if these people are not our DIRECT IMMEDIATE neighbors, then you would have a point. To plan a secession without being sure of what your immediate neighbors would do, is not smart at all. sad

Bros, we all have our personality thing which runs unparallel to each other. As for the case of Cameroon’s support, there is nothing you could have done to change the mind of Ahmadu Ahidjo the president of Cameroon who was rumored to have hailed from Adaamawa.

If you ever believed on the essence of meetings and accords of Aburi, Ghana, there is little you could have done because Gowon and Nigeria used it as a smokescreen to build up military units in preparation for invasion of eastern region. This is the point where the British agents really earned their money.

The personality of some people in Biafra, especially Ojukwu, did not resonate well with colonial masters and those willing to pillage Africa during the era. If the same opportunity to secede presents itself today, the game would have been different ballgame even among the so-called minorities.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:57pm On May 28, 2012
I have seen nothing to suggest that Ejoor was somehow or for some reason opposed to relief for Midwestern Igbos prior to the outbreak of the war but if anyone can provide evidence actually proving that he was, I will completely and unreservedly admit that I was wrong on that account.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 7:07pm On May 28, 2012
Dede1:

Bros, we all have our personality thing which runs unparallel to each other. As for the case of Cameroon’s support, there is nothing you could have done to change the mind of Ahmadu Ahidjo the president of Cameroon who was rumored to have hailed from Adaamawa.

If you ever believed on the essence of meetings and accords of Aburi, Ghana, there is little you could have done because Gowon and Nigeria used it as a smokescreen to build up military units in preparation for invasion of eastern region. This is the point where the British agents really earned their money.

The personality of some people in Biafra, especially Ojukwu, did not resonate well with colonial masters and those willing to pillage Africa during the era. If the same opportunity to secede presents itself today, the game would have been different ballgame even among the so-called minorities.

My brother thank you for the bolded!
I was not there, and have not even read what Gowon was doing during the interregnum between July 1966 and May 1967; I would be shocked it he wasn't, because I WOULD BE DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING, only much much more. cool
For me, the moment the first Eastern consultative assembly failed in August 1966, I would head overseas to seek alliances. Period.
If I came back empty handed by December 1966, every position I take from Aburi, down to May 1967 would reflect that reality (though I wouldn't allow the enemy to know). Ojukwu was a genuis at Aburi! Ojukwu ji egbe mgbo na adighi merie ndi ji egbe mgbo di n'ime ha! hehe cheesy cool
I hate losing any war. I have never lost any "war" in my life. Honestly. I fight less wars of course. Life itself is war. lol.
Your point is well noted my brother.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 28, 2012
If I was a Yoruba strategist - the only minorities we should care about are: the itsekiris, and the ebiras... The rest should decide their faith...

A Yoruba country with Itsekiri, and ebira - and its capital in a new city around the Ogun/Ibadan axis would be great.

Hmmm, and probably the bariba people.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 7:24pm On May 28, 2012
From what I have read so far, Biafra was vastly outmanned and outgunned by the FG even before the Aburi Accord, so I don't buy the bit that the war was as a result of Gowon secretly building up military units.
The FG side would however have been preparing for any eventuality, just as would have Biafra.

The reason given by most sources is that Gowon did not understand the difference between a federation and confederation at the time he signed the Aburi Accord. When Gowon realised and tried to renege, Ojukwu saw this as treachery and the inability of Gowon to keep to his word. In short words, the war was due to a breach of trust hinging on the implementation of the Aburi Accord.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 7:30pm On May 28, 2012
On the arms buildup, it could go either way (that Gowon was or wasn't), although I think I remember reading in de St. Jorre's book that both sides were indeed arming themselves. Not 100% sure about that though.

This is what was claimed at Aburi (don't know if it was the actual truth however):

Importation of Arms and resolution renouncing the use of Force

4. Lt.-Col. Ojukwu spoke next. He said that the Agenda was acceptable to him subject to the comments he had made on some of the items. Lt.-Col. Ojukwu said that no useful purpose would be served by using the meeting as a cover for arms build-up and accused the Federal Military Government of having engaged in large scale arms deals by sending Major Apolo to negotiate for arms abroad. He alleged that the Federal Military Government recently paid f1 million for some arms bougth from Italy and now stored up in Kaduna. Lt.-Col. Ojukwu was reminded by the Military Governor, North and other members that the East was indulging in an arms build-up and that the plane carrying arms which recently crashed on the Cameroons border was destined for Enugu. Lt.-Col. Ojukwu denied both allegations. Concluding his remarks on arms build-up, Lt.-Col. Ojukwu proposed that if the meeting was to make any progress, all the members must at the outset adopt a resolution to renounce the use of force in the settlement of Nigerian dispute.

5. Lt.-Col. Gowon explained that as a former Chief of Staff, Army, he was aware of the deficiency in the country's arms and ammunition which needed replacement. Since the Defense Industries Corporation could not produce these, the only choice was to order from overseas and order was accordingly placed to the tune of f3/4 million. He said to the best of his knowledge, the actual amount that had been paid out was only f80,000. As to why these arms were sent up to the North, Lt.-Col. Gowon referred to lack of storage facilities in Lagos and reminded his Military Colleagues of the number of times arms and ammunition had been dumped in the sea. This was why, he said, it became necessary to use the better storage facilities in Kaduna. The arms and ammunition had not been distributed because they arrived only two weeks previously and have not yet been taken on charge. After exhaustive discussion to which all members contributed and during which Lt.-Col. Ejoor pointed out that it would be necessary to determine what arms and ammunitions had arrived and what each unit of the Army had before any further distribution would take place, the Supreme Military Council unanimously adopted a Declaration proposed by Lt.-Col. Ojukwu, that all members:

a. renounce the use of force as a means of settling the Nigerian crisis; b. reaffirm their faith in discussions and negotiation as the only peaceful way of resolving the Nigerian crisis; and c. agree to exchange information on the quantity of arms and ammunition available in each unit of the Army in each Region and in the unallocated stores, and to share out such arms equitably to the various commands; d. agree that there should be no more importation of arms and ammunition until normalcy was restored.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 7:35pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf: From what I have read so far, Biafra was vastly outmanned and outgunned by the FG even before the Aburi Accord, so I don't buy the bit that the war was as a result of Gowon secretly building up military units.
The FG side would however have been preparing for any eventuality, just as would have Biafra.

The reason given by most sources is that Gowon did not understand the difference between a federation and confederation at the time he signed the Aburi Accord. When Gowon realised and tried to renege, Ojukwu saw this as treachery and the inability of Gowon to keep to his word. In short words, the war was due to a breach of trust hinging on the implementation of the Aburi Accord.

Beaf please instruct yourself and think before you speak.
Gowon completely understood what he was signing. He was just bidding time to stockpile weapons.
Ojukwu didn't see any treachery. He just refused a decree made by the military govt.
The eastern assembly adopted and mandated Ojukwu to declare the independece of Biafra on 27th of May, 1967. It has nothing to do with trust.
Gowon declared war on Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 8:08pm On May 28, 2012
PhysicsQED:
Ejoor pointed out that it would be necessary to determine what arms and ammunitions had arrived and what each unit of the Army had before any further distribution would take place, the Supreme Military Council unanimously adopted a Declaration proposed by Lt.-Col. Ojukwu, that all members:

a. renounce the use of force as a means of settling the Nigerian crisis; b. reaffirm their faith in discussions and negotiation as the only peaceful way of resolving the Nigerian crisis; and c. agree to exchange information on the quantity of arms and ammunition available in each unit of the Army in each Region and in the unallocated stores, and to share out such arms equitably to the various commands; d. agree that there should be no more importation of arms and ammunition until normalcy was restored.

This is only good on paper. It was not good enough on the ground because of the likelihood of war then.
It is like a situation whereby two people A and B are contesting a piece of land. A is armed with 10 guns, while B is armed with 2 guns. As part of peace process, both agree that each should not add to weapons stockpile on each armory.
If I were A, of course I would agree and keep the agreement. But if I were B, the agreement would not be worth more than the paper on which it was written. cool That is part of the point I'm making about getting a strong foreign ally, because that is the only way for me to equate the weapons.
This is why the cold war lasted for years even though there was a Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) reality. It didn't start to recede until President Reagan insisted on "we sign, but we verify" doctrine.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 8:08pm On May 28, 2012
alj harem:

Thank you, daalu

This is what we have been screaming 50 years ago but finally someone woken up !

Imagine a whole region just having 6% due to marginalisation should take sides. ?

Forget about marginalization.my view is that AWO just like ZIK was not comfortable with new
nation because they are afraid that the military guys that championed those nation
ODUDUWA and biafra will not allow them to lord over it just like a typical African politicians
with dictatorial tendency.
He came out of prison and the upga formations that made him relevant in prison will have a
high stake too in the new republic so he was not sure of his personal political prominence and
he saw an opportunity to reassert himself and make profitable deals in nigeria.

The Yoruba masses were traumatized by wetie,Akintola and fajuyi's death with bright yoruba officers
in prison,nobody can challenge Awo with northern officers around and the Akintola faction wanted revenge
on the igbos so the war gave both of them opportunity to achieve different objectives.

The yoruba elites took the decision because of oil without considering the inter-tribal interactions
on the ground and after the war,the oil boom made it to justify that HATE IS PROFITABLE up till today and
it is affecting the masses on both sides.
I want to know the tribes of the officers that were giving AMUMA EGBE ENU IGWE[Ojukwu] information not attend adhoc peace
conference in nigeria because of the plans of the northerners and m16 to eliminate him.It can not be igbo
officers because all has gone back to their region and one of the places he refused to attend was midwest.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 8:32pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

Maybe to others with their heads in the clouds at the time, Chief Mariere was "a nobody," a mere minority man, or whatever.
Your statement is one of the most reckless I have ever come across. Jereton Mariere was of massive clout in the Midwest, perhaps you do not realise that he was the its very first governor - he was also the Secretary General of the Urhobo Progress Union.
Sir, your statement is extremely unfortunate and colourless.

Please can you provide authoritative evidence of the military build up by Gowon? That will provide good enough reason for why Biafra seceded, otherwise, Decree 8 was a more potent vehicle for secession (perhaps, there was too little civilian input in the strategy room).

Please try something else because the talk of “he or she is minority” in the contest of Nigeria does not faze me a bit. There were governors who lasted longer in office than Jereton Mariere and their personalities never featured prominently in the pre-civil war meetings as to avert the looming danger of the war. By the way, Mariere was not the first governor of mid-western region and I guess such statement from you is damn reckless. If Mariere contributed his cents to avoid the Nigeria/Biafra war, I say great to his name.

I am being stubbornly adamant to issue of Republic of Igbo land because I truly want to avoid the issue of political significance of minority or lack thereof in case Nigeria embraces disintegration in future.

Decree 8 was a fake tool by Gowon and Nigeria as shown by Ojukwu and eastern region through the eastern regional Revenue Collection Edict 11 of 1967 which granted eastern region total control of revenue including crude oil revenue.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by DaLover(m): 8:49pm On May 28, 2012
shymmex: If I was a Yoruba strategist - the only minorities we should care about are: the itsekiris, and the ebiras... The rest should decide their faith...

A Yoruba country with Itsekiri, and ebira - and its capital in a new city around the Ogun/Ibadan axis would be great.

Hmmm, and probably the bariba people.
What about the Ijaws intermingled with the Itsekiris...will you force them into the Yoruba country?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 8:55pm On May 28, 2012
Dede1:

Please try something else because the talk of “he or she is minority” in the contest of Nigeria does not faze me a bit. There were governors who lasted longer in office than Jereton Mariere and their personalities never featured prominently in the pre-civil war meetings as to avert the looming danger of the war. By the way, Mariere was not the first governor of mid-western region and I guess such statement from you is damn reckless. If Mariere contributed his cents to avoid the Nigeria/Biafra war, I say great to his name.

I am being stubbornly adamant to issue of Republic of Igbo land because I truly want to avoid the issue of political significance of minority or lack thereof in case Nigeria embraces disintegration in future.

Decree 8 was a fake tool by Gowon and Nigeria as shown by Ojukwu and eastern region through the eastern regional Revenue Collection Edict 11 of 1967 which granted eastern region total control of revenue including crude oil revenue.

Let me make it plain to you. Insulting Mariere to an Urhobo man is the equivalent of insulting Ojukwu to an Igbo man. That aside, Mariere wasn't seen by Ojukwu as too small to hold man to man meetings with (that crap comes with modern day "champs" and history revisers).
The fact that a man is a minority does not give you license to insult him.

If Mariere was not the first Governor of the Midwest, who was? If you have a different chronology from that below, please provide it. Thank you.

Midwest
8 Aug 1963 Midwest Region created from part of Western Region
9 Aug 1967 occupied by Biafra
19 Sep 1967 Republic of Benin declared
20 Sep 1967 retaken by Nigeria

Administrator
12 Aug 1963 - 8 Feb 1964 Dennis Osadebay (b. 1911 - d. 1994)
Governors
8 Feb 1964 - 16 Jan 1966? Jereton Mariere (b. ... - d. 1971)

19 Jan 1966 - 9 Aug 1967 David Ejoor (b. 1932)
17 Aug 1967 - 20 Sep 1967 Albert Nwazu Okonkwo
(Biafran military administrator; 19-20 Sep 1967 governor of "Republic of Benin"wink
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premier
8 Feb 1964 - 16 Jan 1966 Dennis Osadebay (s.a.)
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 9:00pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, we are very hurt by the invasion of the Midwest. It was unprovoked and uncalled for. Contrary to your thinking, you will make enemies if you take an arrogant stance toward your neighbours, no matter how small or inconsequential you might think they are.
It is people you that give the feeling that minorities can be phucked at any time and that was why the Midwest was invaded. Such a stance only makes individuals like you who espouce it look weak.

Is a super power like the US weak because they regularly ally with smaller countries and cater for their own minorities? Lol! Some people are walking, talking recipes for failure.

I perceive your real discomfort to be the vocal nature of the Midwestern minorities. We have always been this way, people that can be trusted to say and do exactly what we mean, to voice out exactly how we feel; friends who can be trusted to be reliable at all times. It was one of us that moved the first motion for Nigeria's independence (Late Chief Enahoro).

Everything above is the usual pack of hateful lies by cowards.
Dude, we are the minorities you know, not you! We are the ones who are expected to be scared of our bigger neighbours.
Why do you continue to talk like you are small?
OnlyTruths position exhudes real strength and commands respect; by comparison, the aura you give off is one of weakness, fear and cowardice.
you are doing same thing by implying that igbos undermines their neighbors or oppresses minority
instead,igbos are undermined and oppressed by minority because of their EGBE BELU UGO BELU[my apo] tendency that
they are extending in the wrong environment like nigeria.
I do understand strength and don't see anything as if iam dancing to the drums of any group
because what i want is to know who murdered or helped my people even if devil helped or angels murdered,
i must give credit to whom it is due.

There is no aura of fear or weakness as iam allergic to that but at the same time,agreeing with you is not
the only demonstration of positive aura but i respect aura that radiates in truth,respect and love and not
based on any nigeria inhuman superiority.please i hope that a mere position of a bishop among Christians will
not be another sign of oppression as some demonstrated recently. Stop doing intellectual exercise with the
death of my people because you are dancing on top of their grave and it is not even 'agaba' dance but ordinary dance

Hate is one thing that education can not remove in nigeria but to look educated,you must hide it because
to admit,will make the educated look less educated but it is the reality.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 9:05pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

Let me make it plain to you. Insulting Mariere to an Urhobo man is the equivalent of insulting Ojukwu to an Igbo man. That aside, Mariere wasn't seen by Ojukwu as too small to hold man to man meetings with (that crap comes with modern day "champs" and history revisers).
The fact that a man is a minority does not give you license to insult him.

If Mariere was not the first Governor of the Midwest, who was? If you have a different chronology from that below, please provide it. Thank you.

Midwest
8 Aug 1963 Midwest Region created from part of Western Region
9 Aug 1967 occupied by Biafra
19 Sep 1967 Republic of Benin declared
20 Sep 1967 retaken by Nigeria

Administrator
12 Aug 1963 - 8 Feb 1964 Dennis Osadebay (b. 1911 - d. 1994)
Governors
8 Feb 1964 - 16 Jan 1966? Jereton Mariere (b. ... - d. 1971)

19 Jan 1966 - 9 Aug 1967 David Ejoor (b. 1932)
17 Aug 1967 - 20 Sep 1967 Albert Nwazu Okonkwo
(Biafran military administrator; 19-20 Sep 1967 governor of "Republic of Benin"wink
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premier
8 Feb 1964 - 16 Jan 1966 Dennis Osadebay (s.a.)

Hmmm!! The last I checked though, David Ejoor was Urhobo and minority too. Even Ojukwu had to fly to Benin City to have a personal chat with Ejoor. I do not think discounting erroneous statements made by a blind worshipper of the name-Mariere constitutes into insult to the man.

My record indicates that when mid-western region was created in 1963, someone acted as governor and administrator before 1963 special regional election which gave raise to the office of premier.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 9:17pm On May 28, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ mpumalanga, what does Parry Osayande's bad promotion exercise ( you mean this right: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/promotion-of-digs-aigs-tears-police-apart/ ) have to do with the so called 'mind-set of the Midwest' at that time?

The south east was marginalized with the current AIG promotions and
Peter OBI and inter-society protested and they accepted that they overlooked
south east.OSAYANDE chairs police service commission with the same mind set as at that time.
don't tell me it was a collect decision because if he was igbo and it happen to midwest os SS,
they will put it in the museum where the put igbo deeds and wait for another
opportunity like i967.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 9:20pm On May 28, 2012
mpumalanga:
you are doing same thing by implying that igbos undermines their neighbors or oppresses minority
instead,igbos are undermined and oppressed by minority because of their EGBE BELU UGO BELU[my apo] tendency that
they are extending in the wrong environment like nigeria.

My brother, there is oil in Igbo land too. We are all witnesses to the great strides of Orient Petroleum as well; so what are you implying with your mention of oil?

mpumalanga:
I do understand strength and don't see anything as if iam dancing to the drums of any group
because what i want is to know who murdered or helped my people even if devil helped or angels murdered,
i must give credit to whom it is due.

Without talking with open palms, neither you nor I will find the truth. Honesty is the bedrock of any good relationship; so just as I cry about executions by Biafra in the Midwest, so you too cry about those who pointed out Igbo's when the federal troops came. We are talking about an ugly period in our history and each side would naturally find difficult to honestly state what happened and when. However, this must be done in order for us to find peace and trust.

I am ready. Are you?

mpumalanga:
There is no aura of fear or weakness as iam allergic to that but at the same time,agreeing with you is not
the only demonstration of positive aura but i respect aura that radiates in truth,respect and love and not
based on any nigeria inhuman superiority.please i hope that a mere position of a bishop among Christians will
not be another sign of oppression as some demonstrated recently. Stop doing intellectual exercise with the
death of my people because you are dancing on top of their grave and it is not even 'agaba' dance but ordinary dance

Hate is one thing that education can not remove in nigeria but to look educated,you must hide it because
to admit,will make the educated look less educated but it is the reality.

To a degree, I am quite happy about the tone of your post, because it means as two separate individuals who have never met, you and I are actually on the path to reconciliation.
Hate is for animals, we as humans should be above it. Superiority is for the weak, infirm and the fearful; we must be above that and live in trust.

As for the agaba dance accusation, please think again.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 9:21pm On May 28, 2012
This Bini bishop crap again? Look the truth is that the non-Bini bishops appointed there did nothing to sway the Bini there or in the rural areas to their particular Christian sect so those Binis who adhere to that sect and who live in Benin want someone who they think might take an actual interest in doing so and they wanted the potential bishops selected according to proper procedure not according to someone's whim. It would not not matter if an Esan or Etsako or Urhobo was there doing the same thing. The only significant aspect of that whole fiasco is the unanswered question of why the people (non-Bini) they appoint to Benin seem to do fvckall and sit on their asses collecting awoof. A bunch of people obsessed with getting more of their people to adhere to their religious sect while writing ridiculous letters or articles complaining of oppression does not amount to an attempt to undermine and oppress others.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 9:23pm On May 28, 2012
Dede1:

Hmmm!! The last I checked though, David Ejoor was Urhobo and minority too. Even Ojukwu had to fly to Benin City to have a personal chat with Ejoor. I do not think discounting erroneous statements made by a blind worshipper of the name-Mariere constitutes into insult to the man.

My record indicates that when mid-western region was created in 1963, someone acted as governor and administrator before 1963 special regional election which gave raise to the office of premier.

Don't be dishonest about why we are arguing, Dede. You referred to Mariere as "so-called," amongst other derogatory phrases.
An administrator is not a governor.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 9:31pm On May 28, 2012
mpumalanga:
The south east was marginalized with the current AIG promotions and
Peter OBI and inter-society protested and they accepted that they overlooked
south east.OSAYANDE chairs police service commission with the same mind set as at that time. don't tell me it was a collect decision because if he was igbo and it happen to midwest os SS, they will put it in the museum where the put igbo deeds and wait for another opportunity like i967.
You've got to be kidding me! A minute ago you made some allusion to Binis complaining about Bini priests being passed over for selection as bishops and tried to use it as an example of undermining and oppression of Igbos and now you turn around and support exactly the same kind of ethnic complaining that you were holding in contempt! And what evidence is there that Osayande's incompetent promotions were fueled by ethnic bias? Give a comprehensive account of the names and origins of the promoted and those of the people that were passed over.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 9:34pm On May 28, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ mpumalanga, Ejoor discussed financial compensation for 'displaced persons' from his region with the other smc members at Aburi but the implementation was cut short by the decree no.8 vs. Aburi wrangling between Gowon and the Eastern region so I don't know what you mean by him being against relief for displaced Midwestern Igbos:

15. The Council considered exhaustively the problems of displaced persons, with particular reference to their rehabilitation, employment and property. The view was expressed and generally accepted that the Federal Government ought to take the lead in establishing a National Body which will be responsible for raising and making appeal for funds. Lt.-Col. Ojukwu made the point, which was accepted by Lt.-Col. Katsina, that in the present situation, the intermingling of Easterners and Northerners was not feasible. After each Military Governor had discussed these problems as they affected his area, the Council agreed: a. On rehabilitation, that Finance Permanent Secretaries should resume their meeting within two weeks and submit recommendations and that each Region should send three representatives to the meeting. b. On employment and recovery of property, that civil servants and Corporation staff (including daily paid employees) who have not been absorbed should continue to be paid their full salaries until 31st March, 1967 provided they have not got alternative employment, and that the Military governors of the East, West and Mid-West should send representatives (Police Commissioners) to meet and discuss the problem of recovery of property left behind by displaced persons. Lt.-Col. Ejoor disclosed that the employment situation in his Region was so acute that he had no alternative but to ask no-Mid-Westerners working the private sector in his Region to quit and make room for Mid-Westerners repatriated from elsewhere. Lt.-Col. Ojukwu stated that he fully appreciated the problem faced by both the Military Governor, West, and the Military Governor, Mid-West, in this matter and that if in the last resort, either of them had to send the Easterners concerned back to the East, he would understand, much as the action would further complicate the resettlement problem in the East.
The question is when the people arrived at their different regions,did they give the relief to the midwestern igbos
or they told them to go to enugu?Chief JOE ACHUZIA can not lie and there was a tacit support from the top in different
regions except east to suppress what ever igbos were going through that time so what they were saying at the top
was not obtainable on the ground.what about gowon saying igbos were not killed and he was doing his best to protect them
but even today,bishop Akinola confirmed otherwise.
The treatment of midwestern igbos showed they made up their minds before the out break of war.
There was challenges in procuring relief materials but did they accommodate them in the few available
and the answer is no.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 9:38pm On May 28, 2012
^
Even Madiebo concludes Achuzia is full of hot air.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2012
^^^^^

Achuzia cannot lie?! shocked I'm not even going to touch that one. Just let me know when you can find even a shred of evidence that the Midwestern government refused to provide relief for displaced Midwestern Igbos and I'll take you seriously. What you wrote there does not counter my objection to your assertions or prove the claim you made.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

Don't be dishonest about why we are arguing, Dede. You referred to Mariere as "so-called," amongst other derogatory phrases.
An administrator is not a governor.

When region is created, it must have a governor and premier or administrator. This is the reason Europeans acted as governors in certain region before indigenous governor was appointed. Mid western region had an appointed indigenous governor who also acted as administrator of the region in the absence of a premier and the person was not Mariere. Remember the issues in western region when it has administrator without a premier but still have a governor.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 9:47pm On May 28, 2012
PhysicsQED:
You've got to be kidding me! A minute ago you made some allusion to Binis complaining about Bini priests being passed over for selection as bishops and tried to use it as an example of undermining and oppression of Igbos and now you turn around and support exactly the same kind of ethnic complaining that you were holding in contempt! And what evidence is there that Osayande's incompetent promotions were fueled by ethnic bias? Give a comprehensive account of the names and origins of the promoted and those of the people that were passed over.

I used church position to show you how your people can use anything to give dog
a bad name to justify its death when you chief wrote a letter about that and his relation
retaliated with his position in police service commission just like that time.

The secret of the whole thing is that we can only have peace with you people if anything
we do together will favor you people.iam not against your part in the war but there must
be boldness to admit that we want you dead as it will benfit us best simple.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 9:50pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf: ^
Even Madiebo concludes Achuzia is full of hot air.
your former attorney general said that the midwesterners murderd igbos
with a lunatic passion and he is not igbo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Jonathan Is The Last Civilian President —Prophet Godfrey Gbujie / March 11 Elections: Govs Panic, Seek Remedies To Avert Disaster / El-Rufai’s Choice Of Muslim As Running Mate: Shehu Sani Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.