Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33472 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:02pm On May 28, 2012
Dede1:

When region is created, it must have a governor and premier or administrator. This is the reason Europeans acted as governors in certain region before indigenous governor was appointed. Mid western region had an appointed indigenous governor who also acted as administrator of the region in the absence of a premier and the person was not Mariere. Remember the issues in western region when it has administrator without a premier but still have a governor.

Abeg, stop this embarrssing stuff. The first governor of the Midwest was Jereton Mariere. Period.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:05pm On May 28, 2012
mpumalanga:
your former attorney general said that the midwesterners murderd igbos
with a lunatic passion and he is not igbo.

Midwesterners pointed out Igbo's to the federal troops, which was unfortunate and highly regrettable.

I am man enough to admit the above, are you man enough to admit the executions and taking of peoples wives and rap'es by people like your hero, Achuzia when the Midwest was invaded? Are you man or wimp?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 28, 2012
@Beaf and PhysicsQED

Your suggestions are needed in the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/949499/exposing-myth-that-africa-backward
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 10:50pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

Midwesterners pointed out Igbo's to the federal troops, which was unfortunate and highly regrettable.

I am man enough to admit the above, are you man enough to admit the executions and taking of peoples wives and rap'es by people like your hero, Achuzia when the Midwest was invaded? Are you man or wimp?

Beaf, lets hope this is not one of your double speak situations. The bolded above is obviously dispicable and unfortunate and so are these atrocities.

(1)Northerners and their leaders including their revered spiritual leader, Sadauna were gunned down in cold blood by Nzeogwu Chukwuma and his gang.

(2)Ndigbo and other Easterners paid the price in blood for the actions of a few because of the resulting pogroms.

(3)Gowon's failure and inability to protect the innocent civilians from the pogrom before and during the civil war

(4)Summary Execution of midwesterners by invading biafran troops.

Item 4 has not yet been proved to my own satisfaction from all i have read here. I believe Gowon may have offered apologies for items (2) and (3) above, if not, I offer an unreserved apology on his behalf.

Which brave Ndigbo on NL would offer an unreserved apology for items (1) and (4)? Onlytruth does not count for obvious reasons.

The truth is that we'll never know the truth about every detail of the war. It has become quite difficult to distinguish between historical facts and revised historical facts. Its time to bury the hatchet, join hands, form whatever alliances are necessary, and move our country forward.

For those of you whose objective is to break up the country, your fellow tribesmen who control the econonomic, military, and political power, will put you in where you belong if you try to flex weak muscles. With or without you breakup artists, Nigeria shall become greater.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 11:44pm On May 28, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, lets hope this is not one of your double speak situations. The bolded above is obviously dispicable and unfortunate and so are these atrocities.

(1)Northerners and their leaders including their revered spiritual leader, Sadauna were gunned down in cold blood by Nzeogwu Chukwuma and his gang.

(2)Ndigbo and other Easterners paid the price in blood for the actions of a few because of the resulting pogroms.

(3)Gowon's failure and inability to protect the innocent civilians from the pogrom before and during the civil war

Item 4 has not yet been proved to my own satisfaction from all i have read here. I believe Gowon may have offered apologies for items (2) and (3) above, if not, I offer an unreserved apology on his behalf.

Which brave Ndigbo on NL would offer an unreserved apology for items (1) and (4)? Onlytruth does not count for obvious reasons.

The truth is that we'll never know the truth about every detail of the war. It has become quite difficult to distinguish between historical facts and revised historical facts. Its time to bury the hatchet, join hands, form whatever alliances are necessary, and move our country forward.

For those of you whose objective is to break up the country, your fellow tribesmen who control the econonomic, military, and political power, will put you in where you belong if you try to flex weak muscles. With or without you breakup artists, Nigeria shall become greater.

I laugh in wonderment.
Apologise for the killing of Sarduana and co? You must be having a laugh. I want to apologise to Biafrans on behalf of our brave majors that they did not kill enough of them abokis.
As you said, there is no proof that biafran soldiers summarily executed people in the midwest. Maybe they should have because some of them never deserved the kindness we showed to them.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:48am On May 29, 2012
@ mpuma, you brought up the church issue because you don't understand the church issue and you thought you could try to ram it down people's throats as an example of oppression. What do you mean giving a dog a bad name? Those bishops just went there to collect awoof and didn't do jack as far as successfully spreading their religious sect among the population. And when certain people learn how to follow their own rules and guidelines for selecting candidates for positions, and when they stop going to places to sit on their lazy asses and collect awoof, there won't be a problem from my people. Oh yeah, and which chief wrote a letter complaining? And explain in very simple and clear terms how there's any evidence that Osayande's faulty promotions were fueled by tribalism. As far as I can tell those positions are dominated by northerners and he also failed to promote Yorubas and other groups, so why are you whining? There were only 4 Igbo AIGs to begin with when Osayande was doing promotions: http://mobile.saharareporters.com/report/re-retirement-former-igp-abubakar-hafiz-ringim-six-others-more-presidential-actions-including
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 3:20am On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

I laugh in wonderment.
Apologise for the killing of Sarduana and co? You must be having a laugh. I want to apologise to Biafrans on behalf of our brave majors that they did not kill enough of them abokis.
As you said, there is no proof that biafran soldiers summarily executed people in the midwest. Maybe they should have because some of them never deserved the kindness we showed to them.

Really? Take your pick of which gives you the most joy:

"The 18th battalion stationed in that port (Warri) was a ragged, ill-equipped and ill-controlled unit. Reports of their lawlessness in town had been scandalous."

-Why we struck Adewale Ademoyega 1966 coup plotter who took part in the conquest of the Midwest

"Biafran entry into the Midwest was seen by the people, especially the non-Ibos of the State, as an act of foreign aggression."

-Why we struck Adewale Ademoyega 1966 coup plotter who took part in the conquest of the Midwest

"at the slightest prompting, they would desert the front, skip the battalion headquarters and make their way straight to Benin, to sleep in one of the school dormitories or [b]terrorize [/b]civilians in town."

At the Urhonigbe Rubber Plantation, for example, hundreds of Midwesterners were summarily shot by regular and militia units which had already blazed a 'scorched-earth' trail of terror through Benin-West division

-Ogbemudia, S. O.: Years of challenge. Heinemann Educational Books, 1991.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 5:01am On May 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

@Bolded. My friend sharaap dia! You have NO LOCUS to offer the apology. According to Northsharp (a REAL Hausa/Fulani), you are a "Banza Bokwai" eddiot trying desperately to be accepted by the real mallams.
You are an inferior northerner. lol
We may only accept apologies from a real Hausa or Fulani or Gowon himself. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 7:40am On May 29, 2012
Beaf:

Really? Take your pick of which gives you the most joy:

And what are those lies from a son of a coward supposed to do to me?

My only regrets are that they are not true. Biafrans made a huge mistake showing brotherly love to people who breath treachery.

Our fathers trusted your fathers and got bitten
We do not and will never trust you
I will make sure our children learn from history.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by lekkie073(m): 9:07am On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

And what are those lies from a son of a coward supposed to do to me?

My only regrets are that they are not true. Biafrans made a huge mistake showing brotherly love to people who breath treachery.

Our fathers trusted your fathers and got bitten
We do not and will never trust you
I will make sure our children learn from history.
ur fathers got humiliated, u will be annihilated.....
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 9:42am On May 29, 2012
Beaf:

Decree 8 had granted each region sovereignty already. The Midwest could be neutral based on the contents of Decree 8 which effectivel made Nigeria a confederacy - I hope you will take time out to read it in full.

That renders all your above arguments basesless.

Which provisionz in Decree 8 granted sovereignty to the regionz? I believe that you did not read what you posted on your Decree 8 thread. In what wayz does Decree 8 differ from 1999 Constitution? Plz stop all these falsehood. Below iz the link to Decree 8 thread.
www.nairaland.com/948996/decree-no-8-1967-answer#10945675
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 9:52am On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

You lie again. Decree 8 did not grant each region sovereignty. It granted judicial powers to regions but put executive and leglislative powers to the federal military govt.

It granted nothing to the regionz. The governor of a region can only appoint the state high court judge. He has no say in the appointment of Federal High court or Supreme Court judges. Besides, regionz are forced to streamline their laws to conform with the lawz approved by the SMC. It doezn't matter whether those lawz are in the best interest of the region.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 10:07am On May 29, 2012
Onlytruth:

@Bolded. My friend sharaap dia! You have NO LOCUS to offer the apology. According to Northsharp (a REAL Hausa/Fulani), you are a "Banza Bokwai" eddiot trying desperately to be accepted by the real mallams.
You are an inferior northerner. lol
We may only accept apologies from a real Hausa or Fulani or Gowon himself. cool

hehehehe, you are an ignorant and failed EZE. Gowon himself is neither Hausa or Fulani - he has in fact offered apologies on several occasions to those deserving it.

For your information, the pogroms were not perpetrated by only Hausas or Fulanis. Other Northerners and Southerners who lived in the North, also took part in the massacres, sadly.

According to your "authentic" Northerner, Northsharp, I am your Igbo brother. I hereby proclaim you as a real Ewu Efulefu
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 10:08am On May 29, 2012
Beaf:
5. Gowon declared Decree 8 which contained 95% of Ojukwu's demands

How did u arrive at that figure? This iz the problem with folkz who rely on the internet for their primary source of information on this topic. They agreed on a Confederal decree at Aburi, but Gowon came back and rejected almost every provisionz in the agreement and promulgated a unitary decree.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 10:21am On May 29, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, I have no time for your accusations, I have come to see your type as bullies and cowards who prey on smaller groups. Thank God your views are an inconsequential minority among the igbo's.

Go and read Decree 8 thoroughly. If all soldiers had returned to their states of origin, what authority did the federal military govt possess?
Expert civilian advice was either absent or overlooked.
It is possible that Decree 8 breached an agreement, if so, I want to know how. Further, I want to know why Decree 8 was not used as the weapon for secession instead of bullets. Something went seriously wrong.

The answer. . .

Decree 8. Section 71:

Gives the Supreme Military Council power to take appropriate measure against a Region which attempts to secede from the rest of the Federation, or where the executive authority of the Region is being exercised in contravention of section 86 of the constitution (functions in the exclusive list)
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 10:22am On May 29, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, I have no time for your accusations, I have come to see your type as bullies and cowards who prey on smaller groups. Thank God your views are an inconsequential minority among the igbo's.

Go and read Decree 8 thoroughly. If all soldiers had returned to their states of origin, what authority did the federal military govt possess?
Expert civilian advice was either absent or overlooked.
It is possible that Decree 8 breached an agreement, if so, I want to know how. Further, I want to know why Decree 8 was not used as the weapon for secession instead of bullets. Something went seriously wrong.

The answer. . .

Decree 8. Section 71:

Gives the Supreme Military Council power to take appropriate measures against a Region which attempts to secede from the rest of the Federation, or where the executive authority of the Region is being exercised in contravention of section 86 of the constitution (functions in the exclusive list)
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 10:33am On May 29, 2012
ACM please try and actually understand decree 8 and how the structure outlined in it would have transferred over to a civilian government. There was nothing unitary about it, period.

The difference between Aburi and decree 8 is that the former abolished the unitary system, made the federal government heavily/totally dependent on the regions AND effectively divided Nigeria into 4 countries almost fully without properly/explicitly saying so while decree 8 abolished the unitary system, gave several independent powers to the regions while still maintaining one country and made the federal government heavily, if not totally dependent on the different regions.

The truth is that there is no modern country anywhere that practices 'states' rights' to the point of granting states full autonomy. The Americans fought a brutal civil war in the 1860s that quashed such claims in the U.S. but it's unfortunate that Nigeria had to do the same because I don't think standing up for that principle was really worth all those lives.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 10:49am On May 29, 2012
lekkie073:
ur fathers got humiliated, u will be annihilated.....

Why all these hate? What did we do to you?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 10:51am On May 29, 2012
ACM10:

It granted nothing to the regionz. The governor of a region can only appoint the state high court judge. He has no say in the appointment of Federal High court or Supreme Court judges. Besides, regionz are forced to streamline their laws to conform with the lawz approved by the SMC. It doezn't matter whether those lawz are in the best interest of the region.

Thanks for the clarification.
That is why I said that that decree was so useless because anybody can interprete it as it suits him.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 10:52am On May 29, 2012
Beaf:
Chief Anthony Enahoro might have been a Midwestern, but he did not represent Midwest interests, rather he was a federal minister representing the federal govt.
The mix-up you've made is dangerous. There were many Igbo's representing the FG too, but nobody would conclude that they represented the Biafran position.

Your claim that the leader of midwest region delegation to the Conference does not represent the interest of the midwest iz just laughable. I know that you must have been embarrassed to learn the position that your representatives took during the Conference.

Beaf: There were no federal troops stationed anywhere in the Midwest. I will repeat again that Ejoors troops were all sent to Nsukka.
Your claim of midwesternerz being neutral in the war haz been busted by the bolded

Beaf: It is accepted fact that the total absence of federal troops is what led to zero resistance to Biafra's invasion of the Midwest.

They simply fled or withdrew back and wait for reinforcement rather than confront the approaching Biafran forces
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 11:42am On May 29, 2012
@ ACM, 'Ejoor's troops' that Beaf for whatever reason called them were not sent to Nsukka. The troops at Okene, Kogi state that were sent to Nsukka were put there and later sent to Nsukka by Gowon. Second, of the few soldiers in the Midwest, they didn't actually retreat. There had been a kind of 'coup' inside the Midwest by Igbo officers and the non-Igbo soldiers didn't fight in any significant number because they had little to fight with.
As for Beaf, he comes from an entirely different world than Enahoro so I doubt very much that he's embarrased. Enahoro was one of Awolowo's sidekicks, Beaf doesn't have a high opinion of Awolowo, Enahoro didn't care for Midwest state creation, Beaf does, etc. Enahoro had no standing whatsoever in the Midwest after 1963 but he was later pardoned by the federal government under Gowon and suddenly he became the leader of the Midwest's politicians? Does that make any sense to you? Beaf does have a point there.
Anyway, honestly speaking, in an ideal world, Enahoro's perspective is factually correct. All of the best nations in all times have had a relatively strong center ( I don't want to derail the thread by bothering to argue this out though). Even the U.S. had to replace the problematic and weak 'Articles of Confederation' with something that would strengthen the center considerably. But we don't live in an ideal world and the peculiarities of each country have to be taken into account.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 12:22pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ ACM, 'Ejoor's troops' that Beaf for whatever reason called them were not sent to Nsukka. The troops at Okene, Kogi state that were sent to Nsukka were put there and later sent to Nsukka by Gowon. Second, of the few soldiers in the Midwest, they didn't actually retreat. There had been a kind of 'coup' inside the Midwest by Igbo officers and the non-Igbo soldiers didn't fight in any significant number because they had little to fight with.
As for Beaf, he comes from an entirely different world than Enahoro so I doubt very much that he's embarrased. Enahoro was one of Awolowo's sidekicks, Beaf doesn't have a high opinion of Awolowo, Enahoro didn't care for Midwest state creation, Beaf does, etc. Enahoro had no standing whatsoever in the Midwest after 1963 but he was later pardoned by the federal government under Gowon and suddenly he became the leader of the Midwest's politicians? Does that make any sense to you? Beaf does have a point there.
Anyway, honestly speaking, in an ideal world, Enahoro's perspective is factually correct. All of the best nations in all times have had a relatively strong center ( I don't want to derail the thread by bothering to argue this out though). Even the U.S. had to replace the problematic and weak 'Articles of Confederation' with something that would strengthen the center considerably. But we don't live in an ideal world and the peculiarities of each country have to be taken into account.

I'm surprised that you knew all these facts, but for whatever reazon, u chose to keep quiet. Lies lingers when truth failz to assert itself. I don't know why u should keep quiet while Beef runz amok on this thread with falsehoods like there wz no Nigerian troopz in midwest territory and a host of them. Ok, I'll be back with response to your earlier post
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:34pm On May 29, 2012
^
Dude, why are you lying that I said the were no Nigerian troops in the Midwest? What were Nwawo and co? Don't tell lies bro (anyway, its a sign of desperation grin).
There were no Northern troops in the Midwest and the Midwest dissallowed the FG from using its territory to attack Biafra. That goodwill went with the invasion.

@PhysicsQED
The troops were indeed sent to Nsukka, leaving the Midwest bare; do check again.
Thanks for clarifying things so completely about Enahoro and the Midwest. With people who reason like Logic Mind, the likes of Ike Nwachukwu who was one of the officers that drove Biafra out of the Midwest must have been representing the Igbo. People like that are just cowards who lie so they can enjoy their roles as bullies.

The victory we have, is that truth can never be hidden. Today Ogbemudia and Ademoyega who fought on opposite sides, but corroborate the stories of widespread atrocities by Biafran invaders in the Midwest, have become liars by the Logic Minds and other latter day revisionists. I wonder why they think Midwesterners created resistance movements to fight the invaders? Even on this thread someone has mentioned that poison was put in food by cooks; yes, that happened and it happened because the people were resisting a brutal invading force.

I am going to paste the text of the Aburi accord on the other, so our revisionists can point out the massive differences and point out to us why so many million had to die when victory had been achieved without firing a shot.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:37pm On May 29, 2012
I made it clear some pages back that I felt that some of the things Beaf stated could not be accurate even if I agree with his overall perspective. I wasn't interested in focusing solely on what I disagreed with Beaf on in the thread, so I didn't dwell on it or go into detail.

I noticed you mentioned high court and supreme court judges. Do you believe that a single region should be able to appoint a supreme court judge that will be able to judge people from other regions without approval from representatives of the other regions to confirm that the individual is competent, qualified and relatively unbiased? Just wondering.

I'll be back in some hours to read your responses. Later for now.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:43pm On May 29, 2012
@ Beaf, what side of the war did those troops of Ejoor's fight on and were they officially under his command originally? Refresh my memory please because it's not particularly clear to me at the moment what group you're referring to.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 12:45pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED: The difference between Aburi and decree 8 is that the former abolished the unitary system, made the federal government heavily [s]/totally dependent on the regions AND effectively divided Nigeria into 4 countries almost fully without properly/explicitly saying so[/s]
Fixed

PhysicsQED: while decree 8 abolished the unitary system, gave several independent powers to the regions
. . .and those independent powerz are?
1. _________?
2. _________?
3. _________?

PhysicsQED: while still maintaining one country and made the federal government heavily, if not totally dependent on the different regions.
Fixed cool

PhysicsQED: The truth is that there is no modern country anywhere that practices 'states' rights' to the point of granting states full autonomy.
Errrm. . .agreed

PhysicsQED: The Americans fought a brutal civil war in the 1860s that quashed such claims in the U.S. but it's unfortunate that Nigeria had to do the same because I don't think standing up for that principle was really worth all those lives.

The American civil war wz a fight between idealz, but Nigerianz doezn't even know why they fought. Most fought because they were promized of better livin condition in a united Nigeria.

BTW, I challenge you to point out the provisionz in Decree 8. that are consistent with Federation idealz. I've already stated why Decree 8 iz a Unitary decree here www.nairaland.com/948996/decree-no-8-1967-answer#10945675 . I'm waitin for Beaf to brief us on the Confederation idealz in that same Decree 8
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:51pm On May 29, 2012
ACM, in that response on the other thread, what is it that you mean by 'the center'?

Are you just engaging in a game of semantics or are you really telling me that you don't understand that the decree requires input from all the regions before virtually anything of significance can be done on a nationwide level?

If you can't even admit that, there's not really any point in us discussing anything further.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:53pm On May 29, 2012
Beaf: ^
Dude, why are you lying that I said the were no Nigerian troops in the Midwest? What were Nwawo and co? Don't tell lies bro (anyway, its a sign of desperation grin).
There were no Northern troops in the Midwest and the Midwest dissallowed the FG from using its territory to attack Biafra. That goodwill went with the invasion.

@PhysicsQED
The troops were indeed sent to Nsukka, leaving the Midwest bare; do check again.
Thanks for clarifying things so completely about Enahoro and the Midwest. With people who reason like Logic Mind, the likes of Ike Nwachukwu who was one of the officers that drove Biafra out of the Midwest must have been representing the Igbo. People like that are just cowards who lie so they can enjoy their roles as bullies.

The victory we have, is that truth can never be hidden. Today Ogbemudia and Ademoyega who fought on opposite sides, but corroborate the stories of widespread atrocities by Biafran invaders in the Midwest, have become liars by the Logic Minds and other latter day revisionists. I wonder why they think Midwesterners created resistance movements to fight the invaders? Even on this thread someone has mentioned that poison was put in food by cooks; yes, that happened and it happened because the people were resisting a brutal invading force.

I am going to paste the text of the Aburi accord on the other, so our revisionists can point out the massive differences and point out to us why so many million had to die when victory had been achieved without firing a shot.

You will never stop, will you?
Ike nwachukwu was the son of a fulani woman and joined his mother's side when the war broke out. Names can be deceptive.
You keep quoting Yoruba liars as your source but when put to task to state exactly when, where and how these atrocities you accuse us of committing happened, you are found wanting.
When you join a resistance movement against an army, you get shot if caught; as an enemy combattant. It is not a war crime, especially where these so called resistants were poisoning our soldiers and sabotaging our efforts. That is why i said that our soldiers made a mistake of not shooting all of them, seeing that those that committed real war crimes went scott free and some even became heads of state. Those that pointed out the igbos amogst them to be massacred by nigerian soldiers not only took possetion of the properties of my murdered brothers, but went ahead and had children who turn around now and insult the memory of biafran soldiers.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:54pm On May 29, 2012
[size=14pt]The Aburi Accord[/size]

1. Members agree that the legislative and executive authority of the Federal Military Government should remain in the Supreme Military Council, to which any decision affecting the whole country shall be referred for determination provided that where it is possible for a meeting to be held the matter requiring determination must be referred to military governors for their comment and concurrence.

2. Specifically, the council agreed that appointments to senior ranks in the police, diplomatic, and consular services as well as appointment to superscale posts in the federal civil service and the equivalent posts in the statutory corporation must be approved by the Supreme Military Council.

3. The regional members felt that all the decrees passed since January 15, 1966, and which detracted from previous powers and positions of regional governments, should be repealed if mutual confidence is to be restored.

http://www.dawodu.com/aburi3.htm
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 1:03pm On May 29, 2012
Deleted
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 1:08pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED: ACM, in that response on the other thread, what is it that you mean by 'the center'?

Are you just engaging in a game of semantics or are you really telling me that you don't understand that the decree requires input from all the regions before virtually anything of significance can be done on a nationwide level?

If you can't even admit that, there's not really any point in us discussing anything further.

Plz ignore my shortcomingz

Apart from input on paper from the rubber-stamp body called the SMC, which other wayz does the Decree satizfy "loose federation" idealz?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:12pm On May 29, 2012
ACM, let's keep this simple. National matters require agreement between the different units and regional matters do not. Capish?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Jonathan Is The Last Civilian President —Prophet Godfrey Gbujie / Photos: President Jonathan And Wife At Their Polling Unit In Bayelsa / CAC De-registers "Enough Is Enough" Business Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.