Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33458 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 1:36pm On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

You will never stop, will you?
Ike nwachukwu was the son of a fulani woman and joined his mother's side when the war broke out. Names can be deceptive.
You keep quoting Yoruba liars as your source but when put to task to state exactly when, where and how these atrocities you accuse us of committing happened, you are found wanting.
When you join a resistance movement against an army, you get shot if caught; as an enemy combattant. It is not a war crime, especially where these so called resistants were poisoning our soldiers and sabotaging our efforts. That is why i said that our soldiers made a mistake of not shooting all of them, seeing that those that committed real war crimes went scott free and some even became heads of state. Those that pointed out the igbos amogst them to be massacred by nigerian soldiers not only took possetion of the properties of my murdered brothers, but went ahead and had children who turn around now and insult the memory of biafran soldiers.

You accuse me of quoting Yoruba's, but I've also quoted Igbo's too. You just reject anything that doesn't fit into your prepared position.
Listen bro, the war is over and propaganda is now useless. It is time to move on and to build.

Resistance movements form against invading forces. The Midwest should never have been invaded, especially as it was friendly to Biafra.
Even worse is the fact that just a few days prior to the invasion, both the Midwest and West had held a meeting with Ojukwu in Enugu, assuring him of their friendship and making it clear that they would dissolve Nigeria if a single Igbo life was taken at any meeting to resolve the crisis.

At the meeting, Ojukwu himself admited to having had several discussions with Chief Mariere from the Midwest:

Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu: I will not go into the details. I have discussed this matter with Chief Mariere on several occasions, indeed one night we discussed it at the Niger Bridge.
(text in red - mine)

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/The_Biafra/Extract_of_Meeting_Between_Chi/extract_of_meeting_between_chief_awolow_team_and_chief_ojukwu_te.html

After that meeting, came the invasion of the Midwest and movement toward Lagos, a move that shocked both the Midwest and the Western Region.
I sincerely believe that Ojukwu made a grave mistake. In any crisis, you need your friends; it is painful that so many lives were lost.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 2:23pm On May 29, 2012
Beaf:

Listen bro, the war is over and propaganda is now useless. It is time to move on and to build.

This is where you got it wrong. We stopped shooting at each other (temporarily) but it is not over and we are never going to build anything together.
Why? Because the igbos hate Nigeria and everything it represents.
As early as 1967/68, the federal troops have captured most importants biafran cities including capital enugu, nsukka, port harcourt, onitsha etc. By end of 1968 biafran controlled territory has been reduced to a few hundred square miles. Our children were dying of hunger and diseases. Egyptian planes were bombing us. Yet we continued fighting. cry . Bigger nations have capitulated in front of lesser adversity. If that doesn't tell you the determination of the igbos not to ruled by you people, you then are a big fool.

We are not moving on to build with you. We don't want anything with you. We want out. We want to be on our own. Is that too much to ask for?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 2:48pm On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

This is where you got it wrong. We stopped shooting at each other (temporarily) but it is not over and we are never going to build anything together.
As early as 1967/68, the federal troops have captured most importants biafran cities including capital enugu, nsukka, port harcourt, onitsha etc. By end of 1968 biafran controlled territory has been reduced to a few hundred square miles. Our children were dying of hunger and diseases. Egyptian planes were bombing us. Yet we continued fighting. cry . Bigger nations have capitulated in front of lesser adversity. If that doesn't tell you the determination of the igbos not to ruled by you people, you then are a big fool.

We are not moving on to build with you. We don't want anything with you. We want out. We want to be on our own. Is that too much to ask for?

You are speaking only for yourself, looking for enemies in your own reflection, fighting the wind and giving yourself health problems.
I see you employed your usual escape route of resorting to emotions when faced with unshakable fact. The last person I quoted was Ojukwu himself.
There were meetings that pledged the friendship of the Midwest, indeed Ojukwu mentions having discussed the matter several times with Mariere, even once at the Niger Bridge (makes you wonder if it wasn't two friends talking over a couple of beers). My brother, you don't throw your friends under the bus and suddenly invade them.

Please, stick to the topic, silly theatrics do not win arguments; "the war is over and propaganda is now useless."
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 2:56pm On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

I agree with Beaf on this one, the war which you lost, ended over 40years ago. You are in the minority buddy.

My people talk say, "Ga fili ga doki, ina mai hauwa" (see field, see horse, wey de person wey go ride am). Enough of your useless internet warriorship, go and lead your people and declare your new nation na. See if your very own people will not lynch you themselves. olodo
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by lekkie073(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

If only u knew what ur fathers faced with †ђξ selfish proclamation of biafra, you will never open ur mouth to reproclaim a lost nation
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 29, 2012
lekkie073:
If only u knew what ur fathers faced with †ђξ selfish proclamation of biafra, you will never open ur mouth to reproclaim a lost nation
the words of a COWARD.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 4:25pm On May 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I agree with Beaf on this one, the war which you lost, ended over 40years ago. You are in the minority buddy.

My people talk say, "Ga fili ga doki, ina mai hauwa" (see field, see horse, wey de person wey go ride am). Enough of your useless internet warriorship, go and lead your people and declare your new nation na. See if your very own people will not lynch you themselves. olodo

Abeg, make sure you never agree with me again, or use my words to forward your wicked position.
It is time for new beginnings and for building afresh, but people like yourself and Logic Mind will only be onlookers/outsiders.

I'm am all for SE/SS synergies and I really don't see how your position is of any use to us.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:20pm On May 29, 2012
lekkie073:

useless man without country.
lord luggard slave
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2012
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:25pm On May 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

we are pretending to be one country because of oil. only one tribe was not hypocritical enough to declare independence: mine
your continued a colonial legacy of slavery.
but your one nigeria is disintegrating right before your very eyes.
and as long as i stay in this forced union with a nama like you, you will have to endure my insults and i will always be better than you.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:29pm On May 29, 2012
Beaf:

You are speaking only for yourself, looking for enemies in your own reflection, fighting the wind and giving yourself health problems.
I see you employed your usual escape route of resorting to emotions when faced with unshakable fact. The last person I quoted was Ojukwu himself.
There were meetings that pledged the friendship of the Midwest, indeed Ojukwu mentions having discussed the matter several times with Mariere, even once at the Niger Bridge (makes you wonder if it wasn't two friends talking over a couple of beers). My brother, you don't throw your friends under the bus and suddenly invade them.

Please, stick to the topic, silly theatrics do not win arguments; "the war is over and propaganda is now useless."

you are right, i get quite emotional when i think of what my people went through for my freedom. and i swear on the head of my ancestors that it will not be in vain.

however you still dance around the bush and dodge questions. it is thus very difficult to have a meaningful discussion with you.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 7:25pm On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

you are right, i get quite emotional when i think of what my people went through for my freedom. and i swear on the head of my ancestors that it will not be in vain.

however you still dance around the bush and dodge questions. it is thus very difficult to have a meaningful discussion with you.

Lol! See who is talking about dodging questions! Even when if I quote Ojukwu, you guys would say its a lie because it doesn't fit into the wartime propaganda you have come to believe as fact. Imagine the way Dede sneered at Mariere! I have since revealed by Ojukwu's own words that he and Mariere had several discussions on Biafra, even informally at the Niger Bridge. Mariere's closeness to Ojukwu reflected the sympathy for Biafra from the Midwest. Anyway, make una carry go!

The good thing I have noticed is that your position, as well as ACM10's, has begun shifting ever so slightly. Thats a good thing; one day soon, you will be able to accept the fact of Biafran atrocities in the Midwest. Right now, I can accept that the response of the Midwest to their maltreatment was evil too; the way Igbo's were pointed out to the federal troops was despicable and condemnable. I feel free enough to admit these things, lets pray that you too will find the courage and strength to release your soul one day. Truth is brutal, but it cannot be hidden.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 8:26pm On May 29, 2012
Beaf:

Lol! See who is talking about dodging questions! Even when if I quote Ojukwu, you guys would say its a lie because it doesn't fit into the wartime propaganda you have come to believe as fact. Imagine the way Dede sneered at Mariere! I have since revealed by Ojukwu's own words that he and Mariere had several discussions on Biafra, even informally at the Niger Bridge. Mariere's closeness to Ojukwu reflected the sympathy for Biafra from the Midwest. Anyway, make una carry go!

The good thing I have noticed is that your position, as well as ACM10's, has begun shifting ever so slightly. Thats a good thing; one day soon, you will be able to accept the fact of Biafran atrocities in the Midwest. Right now, I can accept that the response of the Midwest to their maltreatment was evil too; the way Igbo's were pointed out to the federal troops was despicable and condemnable. I feel free enough to admit these things, lets pray that you too will find the courage and strength to release your soul one day. Truth is brutal, but it cannot be hidden.

If it were true, it would be a good thing and I would never describe it as despicable and condemnable. The only regrets that I have is that they are not true. Believe me, it is also in my interest that these "atrocities" be proven because the thought of your kinsmen dying in agony from biafran bullets will make me sleep soundly.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 11:45am On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

If it were true, it would be a good thing and I would never describe it as despicable and condemnable. The only regrets that I have is that they are not true. Believe me, it is also in my interest that these "atrocities" be proven because the thought of your kinsmen dying in agony from biafran bullets will make me sleep soundly.

Well, more than enough proof has been provided from both sides in the conflict, so you can "sleep soundly."
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by lekkie073(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

the thoughts of igbos eating lizards during d biafra war should make u think twice about propagating biafra again
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by UncleChybyke: 8:26pm On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

They can head to cameroun for all I care. They already let aboki give away their bakassi land to cameroun. talk of biting off your nose of to spite your face. Yeye people. The new biafra will be a lot wiser, more selfish and very ruthless.
. Biafra nation we rule d world. Don,t underate d igbos.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 9:15pm On May 30, 2012
lekkie073:
the thoughts of igbos eating lizards during d biafra war should make u think twice about propagating biafra again

my people did what they had to do. what have your people done apart from licking aboki nyash?

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 5:34am On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

my people did what they had to do. what have your people done apart from licking aboki nyash?

How long ago was that? The same Igbo people who have been reduced to boy boy for aboki man?

i.e Atiku and his boy toy.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by noiseless: 9:27am On Jun 20, 2012
REALLY DUDE,BIAFRANS OR IGBOS OR WATEVA THEY CALL THEMSELVES?
bbpreye: Biafrans or igbos or wateva they call themselves, I thought they claimed to av migrated from isreal, they should pls migrate back, I love my igbo folks so much n can't say one harsh word about them,, but sincerely if Nigeria will eventually break up, it'll be BIAFRA, NIGERDELTA REPUBLIC and NORTHERN NIGERIA. Since these haters can't stop envying the money pot of their nation. U need to come down to d nigerdelta and. Hw people are suffering while one aboki is head of oil dept at NNPC, an aboki that does not know where east-west rd is. GEJ is the last president of Nigeria, u don't know better than the U.S.A!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by noiseless: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2012
If i may ask, how does one go about the enemies(NIGERIAN MILITARY OF HAUSA/FULAN GANGS)who were roaming free in lagos and the western part of the country which was their main base to attack the igbos with people of the west providing them with everything they needed? This should be the question, when you know and welcome a boko haram on a mission to kill just because you think his killing mission wont affect you, please how do you explain that? Thanks.
Beaf:

You accuse me of quoting Yoruba's, but I've also quoted Igbo's too. You just reject anything that doesn't fit into your prepared position.

Resistance movements form against invading forces. The Midwest should never have been invaded, especially as it was friendly to Biafra.
Even worse is the fact that just a few days prior to the invasion, both the Midwest and West had held a meeting with Ojukwu in Enugu, assuring him of their friendship and making it clear that they would dissolve Nigeria if a single Igbo life was taken at any meeting to resolve the crisis.

At the meeting, Ojukwu himself admited to having had several discussions with Chief Mariere from the Midwest:

(text in red - mine)

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/The_Biafra/Extract_of_Meeting_Between_Chi/extract_of_meeting_between_chief_awolow_team_and_chief_ojukwu_te.html

After that meeting, came the invasion of the Midwest and movement toward Lagos, a move that shocked both the Midwest and the Western Region.
I sincerely believe that Ojukwu made a grave mistake. In any crisis, you need your friends; it is painful that so many lives were lost.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by UncleChybyke: 5:09am On Jun 28, 2012
D war have not ended, there is still war leftover. And that leftover will stil breakup nigeria. But has it is now the different tribes in Nigeria are not in unity.but the problem now is thaT it wil be more dangerous than biafra civil war.cos brother wil kill brother, which wil be term religious war.if u want to know, go and ask kaduna masses..
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
WITH THE RECENT HAPPENINGS IN OUR DEAR COUNTRY, I THINK ITS TIME WE RESURECT THIS THREAD. PLS BE VERY LOGICAL IN UR REASONING AND ''SLOWPOKISH CRITICISMS'' OF GEJ WON'T BE ALLOWED. PLS. OYA LET'S GO THERE!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nigeria4rm60s: 1:21am On Aug 11, 2012
Nigeria is a forced marriage the North has to leave its not long my brothers let us keep the fight and pray GEJ keeps not recogonising the country let us split in any way first please this is URGENT
Logic Mind:

Which one is tall tale? Southern minorities were the first group to fall. Nigerian soldiers turned them and used them effectively against their biafran homeland. The rest of biafra fell back and held out for 2 years. When the guns ceased in 1970, free biafrans understood that their brothers who were under enemy occupation may have had to do abominable things in the war in order to survive. It would have stayed at that, however these "minorities" started showing their true colours. Chasing away their fighting biafran brothers and confiscating their properties. How can you take your brother's house who went to fight for your freedom? Biafrans thus understood that the betrayal may not have been compelled but that these so called "brothers" willingly sabotaged their country's war efforts in other to occupy their brother's houses.
Well, abokis are enjoying your oil, so I hope you are at least enjoying those "abandoned" properties.
Next Biafran effort will be different.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
I think i need to ask this question again...
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
It's still GEJ till Nigeria breaks up cos I don't see an Hausa President by 2019 making the Igbo Man smile grin

Maybe we'll just have to part ways..
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by jayonpoint(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
LogicMind: By the Holy Grace of Amadioha, Biafra shall be free of northern oppressors, western betrayers and neighbourly saboteurs!
Iseee!

...as d west hope u vacate her territory if dat happens quickly. Idiot talkin as if SW is d1 floodin her territory
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 09, 2014
Beaf:

(text in red - mine)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by IYANGBALI: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
LogicMind:

what is stopping you?go now,all these years you have been making that noise,so so talk no action,abeg make we hear word jo tongue
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by IYANGBALI: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
jayonpoint:

...as d west hope u vacate her territory if dat happens quickly. Idiot talkin as if SW is d1 floodin her territory
no mind am jare
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by IYANGBALI: 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
UncleChybyke:
D war have not ended, there is still war leftover. And that leftover will stil breakup nigeria. But has it is now the different tribes in Nigeria are not in unity.but the problem now is thaT it wil be more dangerous than biafra civil war.cos brother wil kill brother, which wil be term religious war.if u want to know, go and ask kaduna masses..
hmmm see grammar,are you one of mama peace born throway? grin
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by IYANGBALI: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
LogicMind:

we ruled the country,you never did grin
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by SeunEatsGARRI: 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
IYANGBALI:
what is stopping you?go now,all these years you have been making that noise,so so talk no action,abeg make we hear word jo tongue

If the Igbos decide to leave I wonder where they'll head to because the fought for Biafra with Niger Delta's oil in mind and when it became clear that the Niger Deltans did not want to be part of some greedy, dubious tribe, they surrendered.

I can't wait for day we would declare our own republic in the Niger Delta.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Jonathan Is The Last Civilian President —Prophet Godfrey Gbujie / Sylva Apologises To Buhari, Describes Supreme Court Verdict As Provocative / Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.