Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience (75301 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
My visa has been released oh... Thanks to VICJUSTICE...
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
fados4sure: My visa has been released oh... Thanks to VICJUSTICE...
hmmmmmm......God is good....vicjustice welldone
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by gustdableman(m): 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
what my guy was telling about lithuania and estonia the three baltic countries are true, this is 2013, you can never foind black over there, i am a student we have permit to work but the government and the people can not employ you because of color even the citizen dont have job they all flew to UK for better job, nigeria is far far better than this baltic state and most european countries, pls dont dowpt this guy, all the imformation he is telling you is real, the people are not friendly at all, as a student i can not boast of 20 euros a month, i eat just potatoes, i cant go to other european countries for job because, the law dont permit me to work, i thought that nigerian is currupt... when i came to baltic country i realise that there is more currupt country like nigeria, PLS DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY TO COME TO BALTIC COUNTRIES, YOU WILL CRY blood, you will regret my making a huge mistake, that is my advice for you nigerians that are dying to leave the country, i thought i was suffrering in nigeria untill i came to europe i realise what is suffring.dont beleiev on traveling agent, europ in general is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
gustdableman: what my guy was telling about lithuania and estonia the three baltic countries are true, this is 2013, you can never foind black over there, i am a student we have permit to work but the government and the people can not employ you because of color even the citizen dont have job they all flew to UK for better job, nigeria is far far better than this baltic state and most european countries, pls dont dowpt this guy, all the imformation he is telling you is real, the people are not friendly at all, as a student i can not boast of 20 euros a month, i eat just potatoes, i cant go to other european countries for job because, the law dont permit me to work, i thought that nigerian is currupt... when i came to baltic country i realise that there is more currupt country like nigeria, PLS DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY TO COME TO BALTIC COUNTRIES, YOU WILL CRY blood, you will regret my making a huge mistake, that is my advice for you nigerians that are dying to leave the country, i thought i was suffrering in nigeria untill i came to europe i realise what is suffring.dont beleiev on traveling agent, europ in general is dead.
touching......a word is enough for the wise
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by kennybuda: 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Good you have travel and see
gustdableman: what my guy was telling about lithuania and estonia the three baltic countries are true, this is 2013, you can never foind black over there, i am a student we have permit to work but the government and the people can not employ you because of color even the citizen dont have job they all flew to UK for better job, nigeria is far far better than this baltic state and most european countries, pls dont dowpt this guy, all the imformation he is telling you is real, the people are not friendly at all, as a student i can not boast of 20 euros a month, i eat just potatoes, i cant go to other european countries for job because, the law dont permit me to work, i thought that nigerian is currupt... when i came to baltic country i realise that there is more currupt country like nigeria, PLS DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY TO COME TO BALTIC COUNTRIES, YOU WILL CRY blood, you will regret my making a huge mistake, that is my advice for you nigerians that are dying to leave the country, i thought i was suffrering in nigeria untill i came to europe i realise what is suffring.dont beleiev on traveling agent, europ in general is dead.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
Am admited to a university in lithuania,can someone tells me about survival rate,and jobs for internationals students in this part of Europe.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
Haustraliah: Am admited to a university in lithuania,can someone tells me about survival rate,and jobs for internationals students in this part of Europe.
What do you mean survival rate, is Lithuania a war zone?

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Seamareggae(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2013
Boss vicjustice! Pls what is the survival rate for illegal immigrants in turkey, d kinda job offer I wud get, nd how man fit get documents over dey, Pls help educate a bro tinkin of a way forward?

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 8:16am On Sep 11, 2013
Seamareggae: Boss vicjustice! Pls what is the survival rate for illegal immigrants in turkey, d kinda job offer I wud get, nd how man fit get documents over dey, Pls help educate a bro tinkin of a way forward?
Why Turkey?
I hope you're not one of those who have the opinion that whatever country that is not in African is OK for studies and earning a living? You may as well looking at Iraq, after-all, it's not in Africa.
I've spent a considerable period of time in Turkey, residing in Topkapi area of Istanbul. Though, the country is a charming place, but it's not encouraging in many terms. This is a country where i mostly think twice about public transportation for fear of Kurdish terrorist attacks on the local metros, trams, trains and buses. I was in EminönĂ¼
when a suicide attack was carried out by a Kurdish woman in Taksim square, luckily, the bomb detonated prematurely before she could reach her target destination. I didn't see the bomb blast with my eyes neither did i see the catastrophe because the area was sealed by Turkish Jandama; in fact, i didn't even know that such incident took place, it was later in the day that i saw it on TV: That tells how much one passes through the shadow of death without knowing it.
Well, you may try Turkey if you want to live by Faith owing to the quote "even if i pass through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil" I'm not saying that Turkey is evil, I just meant it is not the place for hustler except you want to deal of narcotic stuff or you propose to enter Greece through iki-iki (manoeuvring through mountains) from there.
And as for job, Turkey is very industrialised, in fact, more industrialised than many countries in the EU. But the wages are not encouraging, and yet you might not get a nice job for reason of language knowledge. Most Nigerians in Turkey are involed in Human trafficking, drugs and frauds, but there are some who do (what is known as) shabu-shabu menial jobs.
The term "shabu-shabu" is a Turkish word which means: Quick-Quick. This is the most common word you'd hear from a Turkish employer who has no other means to communicate with his cheap employee who knows little or no Turk. So it's in the interest of the employer that his employee understands that one will be paid according to the measure of his sweat and that lazying around nor rest time will be tolerated
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Gregport: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
Please guys, can you be honest and advice a brother? I got an admission recently to study in lithuania, but am confused about the visa process and means of survival for students as of 2013?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
Gregport: Please guys, can you be honest and advice a brother? I got an admission recently to study in lithuania, but am confused about the visa process and means of survival for students as of 2013?
What is confusing in the visa process?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by honourableseyi: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2013
Then what about Germany and Norway? which one is better? which one has a good prospect that is favourable for international student?@vic. Thanks sir
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by gowaga68: 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
@Vicjustice what can you say of Czech republic?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
honourableseyi: Then what about Germany and Norway? which one is better? which one has a good prospect that is favourable for international student?@vic. Thanks sir
I can't really say which one is better or worse, it just depends on individual preferences
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
gowaga68: @Vicjustice what can you say of Czech republic?
Personally, i wouldn't like to live there, i wouldn't like to live in a country where wages are low, and yet it is extremely difficult for a black man to find even a menial job
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by gowaga68: 11:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
i was thinking of going to study and during holidays go into any of the country nearby to buy things to send home (9ja man moves everywhere with his biz.
)
Vicjustice: Personally, i wouldn't like to live there, i wouldn't like to live in a country where wages are low, and yet it is extremely difficult for a black man to find even a menial job
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by honourableseyi: 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Vicjustice: I can't really say which one is better or worse, it just depends on individual preferences

You are right sir but using your own preferences not to differentiate now but to tell me what you know/first hand information about the two countries. Thank you sir for your response
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by femredhead: 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
@vicjustice......I need information abt France country on how to extend visa after the expiration of 3months visa or can one be granted asylum....thanx.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
femredhead: @vicjustice......I need information abt France country on how to extend visa after the expiration of 3months visa or can one be granted asylum....thanx.
There is no provision for extending a tourist visa unless on limited extreme circumstances such as health or safety related issues and a few other compelling circumstances.
Sure, anyone can seek asylum, but whether it is granted or not is a different matter.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
how does this asylum of a thing works
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by NosoChic: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
I need information on studying in New Zealand. I am looking at applying to Massey University
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by femredhead: 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Vicjustice:
There is no provision for extending a tourist visa unless on limited extreme circumstances such as health or safety related issues and a few other compelling circumstances.
Sure, anyone can seek asylum, but whether it is granted or not is a different matter.
Thanx.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Gregport: 6:30am On Jul 02, 2014
Is it easy to get Lithuania study visa in Egypt?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Etyguy(m): 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Please everyone, i will appreciate it if someone can tell me which hospital to get Medical certificate/Report for Czech Embassy in Lagos. as no hospital is mentioned in thier site. please this is very urgent and i will really appreciate. ASAP

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 9:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
Etyguy: Please everyone, i will appreciate it if someone can tell me which hospital to get Medical certificate/Report for Czech Embassy in Lagos. as no hospital is mentioned in thier site. please this is very urgent and i will really appreciate. ASAP
No one can tell you the hospital but the embassy itself.
First, you need to apply for the visa, and if your application is taken into consideration, then, you may be called for an interview after which you may be told the hospital to go for the medical examination, (it is possible that you would be informed to go for the medical exams even without interview).

You will not be required to go for the medical exams if your application is not going to be taken into consideration howbeit, doing medical tests do not guarantee a visa
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by expensivestevie: 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
My advice about Estonia is quite simple, do not come here if your intention is to work (a white collar job) to support your studies. Jobs are hard to come by, not because you are black, but because the jobs are not so many in the labour market. Also this issue of racism is sometimes taken too extreme and I do not know why. This is 2014 and racism in Estonia is relatively very very low. If you are in a school town environment like Tartu, you might be looked at strangely by older folks purely because they've actually not seen a black person in their whole life, but the younger lads (18 - 30) are very cool and even most times like blacks out of curiosity. Estonians are very shy but if you get to know them they are very nice people. If you come to Tartu to study, try staying at the Raatuse dorm because there's a lot of international students here and you would find it to be a wonderful experience.

Regarding skinheads, they actually are almost nonexistent right now though once in a blue moon you could see a skinhead or a NeoNazi clown but they rarely get violent (Never seen anyone yet though). You could be called a nigga a lot of times but as a Nigerian I dont see the Nigga word as a big deal though all my African American friends always make a fuss if they're called Niggas by whites, also in Estonia the word Neega is used to refer to black people so it might not necessarily be a racist slur but just somebody trying to explain that you're african. The downside though is that Estonia is f**king cold and you could get quite a lot of white nights.

If you want to enjoy your stay as a student in Estonia, please have your own money. The cost of living isn't high at all and with 250euros per month you could survive comfortably (provided you are staying in a dorm)....... plus students get a lot of discounts too.

Estonian education is getting better by the day but that has also made it very competitive lately due to the high increase of international students from neighboring Baltic countries and also Finland (Though Finland is considered a Nordic country). Estonia is quite beautiful during summer and quite a lot of the young generation actually understands simple and easy English.

All in all, I am trying to say if you want to come to estonia for purely study purpose with adequate finance for your studies and are not one with an extravagant lifestyle, 1million naira for an academic year would cover costs (not including accomodation, but accomodation in hostels are affordable. Maximum of 100euros per bed in a twin room). The headache though would be getting into the universities because without a first class, your chances of being admitted are quite slim, not to talk of getting a scholarship.

Estonian language classes can be taken as credit or non credit courses and my honest advice to anyone planning to come to Estonia is to take advantage of it and learn the Eesti language. You would surely be more appealing to even the older folks who haven't seen black people if they notice you can speak their language.

Lastly, always make sure you try going somewhere out of Estonia during summer. At least try visiting another country during one of your summer holidays if you come here to study. I'd advice Siena in Italy. The impression that all courses in Estonian universities are actually free is very very wrong...... Some courses actually require you to pay tuition fees so be very careful

Goodluck everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by moneybag100: 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
Can you work in other schengen during summer? (Long holiday)
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by expensivestevie: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by expensivestevie: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
If it's a summer paid internship, it is quite possible but there would be all sorts of bureaucracy I can assure you though as a resident of an EU country it would be too much hazzle. My advice is that if you get a paid internship, try as much as possible to get your employers to fill out the documentation for you and help with the bureaucracy since they would be pretty much used to it.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by necz: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
expensivestevie: My advice about Estonia is quite simple, do not come here if your intention is to work (a white collar job) to support your studies. Jobs are hard to come by, not because you are black, but because the jobs are not so many in the labour market. Also this issue of racism is sometimes taken too extreme and I do not know why. This is 2014 and racism in Estonia is relatively very very low. If you are in a school town environment like Tartu, you might be looked at strangely by older folks purely because they've actually not seen a black person in their whole life, but the younger lads (18 - 30) are very cool and even most times like blacks out of curiosity. Estonians are very shy but if you get to know them they are very nice people. If you come to Tartu to study, try staying at the Raatuse dorm because there's a lot of international students here and you would find it to be a wonderful experience.
Regarding skinheads, they actually are almost nonexistent right now though once in a blue moon you could see a skinhead or a NeoNazi clown but they rarely get violent (Never seen anyone yet though). You could be called a nigga a lot of times but as a Nigerian I dont see the Nigga word as a big deal though all my African American friends always make a fuss if they're called Niggas by whites, also in Estonia the word Neega is used to refer to black people so it might not necessarily be a racist slur but just somebody trying to explain that you're african. The downside though is that Estonia is f**king cold and you could get quite a lot of white nights.
If you want to enjoy your stay as a student in Estonia, please have your own money. The cost of living isn't high at all and with 250euros per month you could survive comfortably (provided you are staying in a dorm)....... plus students get a lot of discounts too.
Estonian education is getting better by the day but that has also made it very competitive lately due to the high increase of international students from neighboring Baltic countries and also Finland (Though Finland is considered a Nordic country). Estonia is quite beautiful during summer and quite a lot of the young generation actually understands simple and easy English.
All in all, I am trying to say if you want to come to estonia for purely study purpose with adequate finance for your studies and are not one with an extravagant lifestyle, 1million naira for an academic year would cover costs (not including accomodation, but accomodation in hostels are affordable. Maximum of 100euros per bed in a twin room). The headache though would be getting into the universities because without a first class, your chances of being admitted are quite slim, not to talk of getting a scholarship.
Estonian language classes can be taken as credit or non credit courses and my honest advice to anyone planning to come to Estonia is to take advantage of it and learn the Eesti language. You would surely be more appealing to even the older folks who haven't seen black people if they notice you can speak their language.
Lastly, always make sure you try going somewhere out of Estonia during summer. At least try visiting another country during one of your summer holidays if you come here to study. I'd advice Siena in Italy. The impression that all courses in Estonian universities are actually free is very very wrong...... Some courses actually require you to pay tuition fees so be very careful
Goodluck everyone

@expensivestevie

Please inbox me your mail, need to get some infor. concerning their admission.
Thanks, joining you soon if i dont change my mind.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by necz: 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
Okay
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 14, 2014
@vicjustice hey mate was wondering if you have any idea about Portugal..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.