Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,162 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:07 AM

Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' (1346 Views)

Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) / Difference Between People Of Sunnah And Innovation.must READ / Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by abulbanaat(m): 8:46am On May 24, 2012
Scholars of Sunnah Speak Out on 'Qur'aan Baby'

www.simplysalafiyyah.com/forum/index.php/topic,27.msg31/boardseen.html#new
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by tbaba1234: 9:24am On May 24, 2012
Two Scholars of Sunnah Speak Out on 'Qur'an Baby'

Shaykh Sharaf Gbadebo Raajee, may Allaah preserve him, was recently asked in Ogbomosho as to what should be the attitude of the Muslims to the baby allegedly born with a copy of the Qur'an in his hand.

Shaykh Sharaf, may Allaah preserve him, said Muslims should not attach any importance to the 'miracle baby.' He said Islam is not premised on miracles but sound knowledge derived from the Book of Allaah, the Mighty, and the Sunnah of His Messenger, SalaLlaahu alaihy wa sallam. According to him, such occurrences, that are often fabrications, can make many Muslims turn away from of Islam if the care is not taken, for they can easily become unbelievers as a result of idolizing the baby. He made a reference to the case of Baby Sharif, the kid that was once celebrated as a great miracle of Islam. He berated how many Muslims then deified the kid. According to him, that was due to profound ignorance prevalent in many Muslims of today. He said the Qur'aan is already noble and will never cease to be noble regardless of whether a kid is born with it or not.

Commenting on the view of Shaykh Sharaf, Shaykh Najeem of Lagos (may Allaah preserve both) said, inter alia, 'The nobility of al-Qur'an is more in its immutable evidences on creation! It is the handbook of creation without which mankind cannot operate with success or operate at all. It is to be read, reflected upon, lived and called to. It's a miracle that it offers answers to any questions and solutions to any problems!'

1 Like

Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by deols(f): 10:33am On May 24, 2012
I agree with their positions. At the same time, I believe the incidence is very possible. May Allah guide everyone aright.

1 Like

Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 25, 2012
Idolisng or not idolising,the baby's mission is real.
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by tbaba1234: 7:54am On May 26, 2012
uplawal: Idolisng or not idolising,the baby's mission is real.

What mission We have no more prophets coming... The message is complete.

You see this is a major problem... Under no circumstances should anyone be idolised. FULL STOP!!!

I have major problems with this story; If muslims learn their Quran properly , this will be a non-issue and i am talking to myself first...

There are many claims like this that eventually prove to be false. If this does prove to be false, it discredits muslims who have rallied round this story and by extension makes a mockery of Islam. For those who have built their faith around stories like this, their faith is destroyed.

We have the most illuminating text in the world. If we knew our book, this will be just one of those things. No undue importance will be paid to it.
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by deols(f): 11:42am On May 26, 2012
^^ I identify with your position. I would have loved to have access to the said QUrĂ¡n. Scientists should have done some tests to c if it could have been in the womb and c If it had teratogenic properties and the possibility of a fetus holding on to such. the materials it is made of could av been cell particles and the true miracle exposed undecided
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by maclatunji: 1:47pm On May 26, 2012
tbaba1234:

What mission We have no more prophets coming... The message is complete.

You see this is a major problem... Under no circumstances should anyone be idolised. FULL STOP!!!

I have major problems with this story; If muslims learn their Quran properly , this will be a non-issue and i am talking to myself first...

There are many claims like this that eventually prove to be false. If this does prove to be false, it discredits muslims who have rallied round this story and by extension makes a mockery of Islam. For those who have built their faith around stories like this, their faith is destroyed.

We have the most illuminating text in the world. If we knew our book, this will be just one of those things. No undue importance will be paid to it.

I agree with you but cool down, our people are not yet exposed to this level. The whole thing has been messed-up. I always tell people, if a white man tells you that something is paranormal you can almost always take it to the bank. Over here, the reverse is the case. We need people to be more scientific and objective in their approach to these kinds of issues.
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by Nobody: 12:57am On May 28, 2012
@tbaba,pls mind yourself,did i make any mention of the baby being a prophet,or who is supporting anybody idolising anyone?you just gate crashing anyhow.or whats your stresss self,the baby is a messenger of Allah and nothing can change that,not even your bad belle,can't you just be greatful to Allah for once,do you know how many people have accepted Islam as a result of the boys mission.you Nigerians should learn to appreciate ya self for once,cos if is saudi this happened,its you hypocrites that will be taking it far more than the saudis self.
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by tbaba1234: 2:12am On May 28, 2012
uplawal: @tbaba,pls mind yourself,did i make any mention of the baby being a prophet,or who is supporting anybody idolising anyone?you just gate crashing anyhow.or whats your stresss self,the baby is a messenger of Allah and nothing can change that,not even your bad belle,can't you just be greatful to Allah for once,do you know how many people have accepted Islam as a result of the boys mission.you Nigerians should learn to appreciate ya self for once,cos if is saudi this happened,its you hypocrites that will be taking it far more than the saudis self.

What mission again? He is not the mahdi or Jesus (AS). who gave you the information that the kid has a mission? A messenger of Allah?? on what basis? you called me bad belle/hypocrite because i expressed an opinion. May Allah forgive us both and not test us in our faith.

And surely Allah knows best.

Assalam aleikum

2 Likes

Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 29, 2012
Go and ask Allah about his mission,so you think is only Jesus or Mahdi Allah will send to remind mankind that are in loss,you act somehow like you know Allah more you do.
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by tbaba1234: 10:12pm On May 29, 2012
uplawal: Go and ask Allah about his mission,so you think is only Jesus or Mahdi Allah will send to remind mankind that are in loss,you act somehow like you know Allah more you do.

I am just saying, we can not make any conclusions regarding that... We can not conclusively say that a child is born with a mission. He is still a child, only Allah knows his future. That is why you can't just say:

uplawal: Idolisng or not idolising,the baby's mission is real.
or
the baby is a messenger of Allah and nothing can change that,not even your bad belle

I do not intend to offend you or anyone but we should not make comments like that about anyone as muslims. Whether the kid will impact the ummah positively in the future is in the Qadr of Allah. Those are things, we have no knowledge of.

Assalam Aleikum...
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by deols(f): 10:29pm On May 30, 2012
I just want to add that I saw the baby on newsline, on NTA. it appeared very real to me or how else could anyone explain that lil boy holding on to the book and even rubbing it on his face without it falling? and all of the people involved were interviewed. These include the owner of the church where the boy's birth took place.

still, Allahu a'lam
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2012
What if the baby grows up to be a christian? What will be the implication ? What if the child becomes the next bin laden? And what if the child becomes the regular muslim? Or an atheist? The future promises to be interesting.
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by deols(f): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
^ and what if the baby grows up and becomes a Muslim scholar. That did not come to your mind?? Hypocrites!by their words u shall know them.

2 Likes

Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
Four fingers back at you. Don't do the name calling thing you can do better.
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by tpia5: 11:03am On Jun 04, 2012
Wow, see the dangers of the internet. Deols who used to appear learned and with a modicum of common sense, has really shown herself in a different light. Amazing. People who choose their life partners based on a web or nairaland personality, una dey try sha! Anyway, like attracts like. I've always said its rather strange when people rely on the web alone for social stimulation. Shows something is off somewhere.
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by deols(f): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2012
^^oh God! U'r so right! I really should give going bak 2 being d ol 'good girl' a better thought. U know my signature says somfn to dat effect

And wats ur problem sef. D name deols seems to send some shocks down ur spine all of d time. Ehyaa. Just so w'r clear, I am not at all different from my online persona. What u write here is a thn of d mind and I say thns just as dey appear to me. U thnk I want anyone to thnk otherwise? U'r mistaken madam.

When u see me for real, u'd wish u were nicer to me kiss
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by deols(f): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2012
andromida: Four fingers back at you. Don't do the name calling thing you can do better.

okay. I promise to do better from now on
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by tpia5: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2012
deols: ^^oh God! U'r so right! I really should give going bak 2 being d ol 'good girl' a better thought. U know my signature says somfn to dat effect

And wats ur problem sef. D name deols seems to send some shocks down ur spine all of d time. Ehyaa. Just so w'r clear, I am not at all different from my online persona. What u write here is a thn of d mind and I say thns just as dey appear to me. U thnk I want anyone to thnk otherwise? U'r mistaken madam.

When u see me for real, u'd wish u were nicer to me kiss

most definitely when i see you in church, we should try to be more civil to each other. Just dont come in to sell your goodies whether attack goodies or winchy goodies, because you may end up where you wont like, if you do so. Just a friendly warning which you are of course free to disregard! cheesy Make una carry una coven go meet person wey like winches oh! grin That person certainly aint me because na JESUS I dey follow, not jezebel.

My post was referring to your seemingly half literate viewpoints you've been spouting of late. You dropped the ball honey- you were on a roll (somewhat) before, until you went gaga.

Are other people using your id or do you simply like discarding civilization once in a while ( or frequently). Although even an illiterate wouldnt consider a baby grasping something, as a wonder? Have you never seen a baby before or you just consider all babies your enemy? (Minus this miraculously willy wonka baby of course).
Re: Scholars Of Sunnah Speak Out On 'qur'aan Baby' by deols(f): 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
On anoda thread I made it clear our beliefs arent attached to miracles.and u seem to b avn comprehension issues. Did u see d newsline I saw? And I say it again that d way he held it and rubbed his face wv it plus the accounts of the pple involved make d story more believable.

And if I sound like an illiterate to u, its all well and good. Afterall, u saw nothn wrong with the slap service and @ that moment, I thought, what religion can do to people!

I expect u dont need further explanations. Nd btw, I blv in Jesus already and thank goodness, I never entered a church and never will by The grace of Allah.

Wonder why u xtians are always afraid of witches. Abi d blood wey dey cover u don dry finish dat dr's nothn left? Now, ds sounds more like what an illiterate wld cling t

(1) (Reply)

10 Facts & Benefits Of Zam-zam Water / Harun Yahya (adnan Oktar) Is A 33rd Degree Freemason / Is It Bad For Muslim Girl Yo Wear Trouser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.