Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

How Much Do Professional Footballers In Europe Actually Earn? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Much Do Professional Footballers In Europe Actually Earn? (3361 Views)

FC Ifeanyi Ubah Flies In Brazilian Professional Footballers (photos) / Top 12 Laziest Professional Footballers / The Customized Plane Built For Professional Footballers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do Professional Footballers In Europe Actually Earn? by meerkat(m): 11:31am On May 24, 2012
I was reading an update on the European transfer market this morning and the amount of money being mentioned as weekly pay for those players started me thinking. I read some players are paid £175,000, £150,000, £130,000 etc weekly and when I converted it to naira, it ran into millions. And I said to myself, "these players and their generations to come can never know poverty. On a second thought remembering what taxation in Europe is said to be like, I want to ask; is the amount tax inclusive? If so how much is the tax percentage? Are there other deductions? what is the actual amount a player earning say, £150,000 a week go home with? Can anybody in the house satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks as I await your response.
Re: How Much Do Professional Footballers In Europe Actually Earn? by DisGuy: 5:03pm On May 24, 2012
yes tax inclusive, people earning over certian amount a year in UK for example pay upto 50 percent tax (but then again some of those people are wealthy enough to employ a tax consultant who can reduce their income tax bills to as little as 10%)

They also pay for insurance, private services, Agency fees, mortgage/rents, bettings

but still enough to secure them for life especially the african players if they invest wisely
Re: How Much Do Professional Footballers In Europe Actually Earn? by meerkat(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2012
Dis Guy: yes tax inclusive, people earning over certian amount a year in UK for example pay upto 50 percent tax (but then again some of those people are wealthy enough to employ a tax consultant who can reduce their income tax bills to as little as 10%)

They also pay for insurance, private services, Agency fees, mortgage/rents, bettings

but still enough to secure them for life especially the african players if they invest wisely

Thanks for the general idea, I can do the math now.
Re: How Much Do Professional Footballers In Europe Actually Earn? by Sagamite(m): 9:37am On Jun 03, 2012
meerkat: I was reading an update on the European transfer market this morning and the amount of money being mentioned as weekly pay for those players started me thinking. I read some players are paid £175,000, £150,000, £130,000 etc weekly and when I converted it to naira, it ran into millions. And I said to myself, "these players and their generations to come can never know poverty. On a second thought remembering what taxation in Europe is said to be like, I want to ask; is the amount tax inclusive? If so how much is the tax percentage? Are there other deductions? what is the actual amount a player earning say, £150,000 a week go home with? Can anybody in the house satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks as I await your response.

A footballer making 150K would probably be taking 75K home a week after all deductions (tax and NI).

The fact that they live and are expected to live very expensive lives does mean that logic of their generations not wanting is shaky.
Re: How Much Do Professional Footballers In Europe Actually Earn? by oobim(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2012
Meanwhile,there are some who earn as little as $1,000 a month in countries like poland,denmark,serbia etc.the big money is in western europe,

(1) (Reply)

Always Smiling To The Bank!!! / Hushpupi Hangout With Lukaku And Promise Of Ajax In Dubai / BREAKING: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Sacked By Manchester United, See New Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.