Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,348 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos (5010 Views)

Idoho Platform Oil Spillage-$35,000 Global Justification / Idoho Platform Oil Spillage- Global Justification Of $35,000 Us Dollars / Welcome To ND - Oil Spillage In Lagos - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by jason123: 1:30pm On May 24, 2012
By MONSUR OLOWOOPEJO

IKEJA – Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, raised the alarm over oil spillage in the state. He said this has led to outbreak of skin and cancer diseases in the affected areas.

Meanwhile, he has signed into law, a bill that empowers the state Chief Judge to make necessary amendment to the rules of the state High Court.

Fashola, who spoke during a courtesy visit by members of the House of Representatives Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream Sector), said it was high time the Federal Government checked the activities of the downstream sector in that part of the state before Lagosians,who reside in those parts of the state, were wiped out.

He explained that although the Federal Government had the constitutional rights to regulate activities in the sector, the government was empowered to decide on where petroleum assets were to be sited in the state, adding “such power is strictly municipal to avoid locating petroleum infrastructure in the wrong place.”

He listed some of the areas affected by the oil spillage to include Baruwa in Alimoso Local Government Area, Ilado axis and others.

Fashola urged the lawmakers to visit the places in the state that had been badly affected by oil spillage, saying “apart from denying the people the opportunity to engage in their daily business activities, the communities are now at the risk of deadly diseases such as cancer and skin diseases owing to their polluted water.

“If this continues, then we will begin to sow seed of poor health for the future. This is because these resources are toxic and poses environmental difficulties for the residents, as many of them may begin to encounter respiratory disorder.
“That is the level of pollution in most part of Alimosho and this had resulted to skin diseases and emerging cancer infections.”

Fashola noted that legislation alone cannot solve the problem because there is a rich body of legislation that had not been enforced, adding that what was required was enforcement of the legislation made the apex lawmakers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/fashola-raises-alarm-on-oil-spillage-in-lagsos/
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:34pm On May 24, 2012
Mumus wey talk say Lagos no get oil. Well Lagos Ogun and Ondo have light crude oil.

Ondo north, Ogun and Edo have heave oil.

Now the issue here about the oil spillage would affect epe areas because fishing is our trade.
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by Bontee: 4:35pm On May 24, 2012
So na when oil spilliage reach lagos before fahola go raise alarm? , what about the oil spilliage for niger delta since all these years?. shocked Well i will say welcome to the party as these oil companies will not care to clean anything self since they have been getting away with it in niger-delta. Next time we will try to join others in fighting the common enemy before it gets to our door steps, well lagos good morning oooo.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by babaowo: 4:35pm On May 24, 2012
hmmm.... Relocation is best advice for the peoples who resides in d area.igoran san ju ebo riru.....
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:38pm On May 24, 2012
Bontee: So na when oil spilliage reach lagos before fahola go raise alarm? , what about the oil spilliage for niger delta since all these years?. shocked Well i will say welcome to the party as these oil companies will not care to clean anything self since they have been getting away with it in niger-delta. Next time we will try to join others in fighting the common enemy before it gets to our door steps, well lagos good morning oooo.

So from your logic, the governor of Lagos state should fight for Niger-delta ? hmmmmm

Moreover we have protested against the oil spill, if Niger-delta would not join us to protest against the oil spill in Niger-delta then who's fault is that ?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by surveycash(m): 4:39pm On May 24, 2012
It need be contained as fast as possible because oil spill has a long lasting aftermath effect. Remember the Macondo Oil spill 2 years ago?
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by greentea1: 4:45pm On May 24, 2012
surveycash: It need be contained as fast as possible because oil spill has a long lasting aftermath effect. Remember the Macondo Oil spill 2 years ago?
[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]Good luck!
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by Bontee: 4:48pm On May 24, 2012
W
alj harem:

So from your logic, the governor of Lagos state should fight for Niger-delta ? hmmmmm

Moreover we have protested against the oil spill, if Niger-delta would not join us to protest against the oil spill in Niger-delta then who's fault is that ?

This is not about logic my brother as we cannot fold our arms and say boko haram bombing is happening in the north, get yourself involved somehow in the solution before it reach your door steps. If we had all collectively tackled this oil spillage from the niger-delta we will not be here raising alarm but following laid down principles to solve cases like this.

Now lagos state too and any other state that starts oil exploration will suffer the same fate. You can see from the article that he is somehow powerless in some issues to resolve this as some provisions has been vested on the federal government who might not even care and count it as one of those spills.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by Bontee: 4:49pm On May 24, 2012
green tea: [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]Good luck!

Na real goodluck ooo.
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:54pm On May 24, 2012
Bontee: W

This is not about logic my brother as we cannot fold our arms and say boko haram bombing is happening in the north, get yourself involved somehow in the solution before it reach your door steps. If we had all collectively tackled this oil spillage from the niger-delta we will not be here raising alarm but following laid down principles to solve cases like this.

Now lagos state too and any other state that starts oil exploration will suffer the same fate. You can see from the article that he is somehow powerless in some issues to resolve this as some provisions has been vested on the federal government who might not even care and count it as one of those spills.

My brother, Lagos state oil exploration has started just before the exit of OBJ for office. I remember the invitation of the Obas in Lagos back then.

Again everyone in Nigeria have been protesting against Shell and co but apparently the traditional leaders in the Niger-delta collect the money in the pretence that they would clean it themselves. I am sure you know about this development.

Oil spill is bad anywhere and here again we should act as a unit against the oil companies that made the spill.
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by PeterKbaba: 5:24pm On May 24, 2012
Bontee: So na when oil spilliage reach lagos before fahola go raise alarm? , what about the oil spilliage for niger delta since all these years?. shocked Well i will say welcome to the party as these oil companies will not care to clean anything self since they have been getting away with it in niger-delta. Next time we will try to join others in fighting the common enemy before it gets to our door steps, well lagos good morning oooo.

If him talk about ND, i'm sure say na big mouth like u go come NL to complain say yoruba people was their oil money
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by aljharem(m): 5:27pm On May 24, 2012
PeterKbaba:

If him talk about ND, i'm sure say na big mouth like u go come NL to complain say yoruba people was their oil money

Thank you oh. I am just happy that Anambra has built a refinery so it would give us the chance to build one for ourselves. If SW built it first they would say they are still all their oil to the west and again the insults would start.

The best way to survive in Nigeria is to mind your business. Imagine after protesting to make GEJ the president this goons would still call us names.

That is Nigeria for you.
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by ak47mann(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2012
alj harem:

Thank you oh. I am just happy that Anambra has built a refinery so it would give us the chance to build one for ourselves. If SW built it first they would say they are still all their oil to the west and again the insults would start.

The best way to survive in Nigeria is to mind your business. Imagine after protesting to make GEJ the president this goons would still call us names.

That is Nigeria for you.
so you are jason123 i must say you good at it wink and you are kanuri as-well smiley
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by aljharem(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2012
ak47mann: so you are jason123 i must say you good at it wink and you are kanuri as-well smiley

How ??

so cause I posted I am jason as well grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by ak47mann(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2012
alj harem:

How ??

i don catch you cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by aljharem(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2012
ak47mann: i don catch you cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin Yes sir you don catch yourself. Mumu

Again I am not these people. I am not Jason. How many times do I want to tell una
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by Torch1(m): 6:27pm On May 24, 2012
ak47mann: so you are jason123 i must say you good at it wink and you are kanuri as-well smiley
LOL...
SMH... Jason123 opened the thread while Alj Harem took over.
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by jason123: 7:40pm On May 24, 2012

Dude, first of all, he is my friend on NL. Hence, when I start a topic HE KNOWS!
Secondly, his diction is not as good as mine!
Thirdly, you can do a simple syntax analysis if you are that paranoid. No person on earth can have conflicting opinions about himself! Such a person (if possible) is mad!!!
Fourthly and finally, I have dared OAM4J to expose me, if I am Alj harem. Till now, no response!

Now you and your likes, get off my back!
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by jason123: 7:41pm On May 24, 2012
Bunch of paranoid freaks!
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by jason123: 7:42pm On May 24, 2012
alj harem:

How ??

Dude, I don't know your game but I like the why you keep these people on their toes. They also accused you to be sweetlemon, Okija juju and co! Bunch of olodos!
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by homerac7: 8:32pm On May 24, 2012
Alj "boko haram"

U be big olodo o! How did u succeed to lead urself first, then other posters astray that d oil spill areas mentioned by gov fashola is due to oil exploration?

FYI, those areas mentioned hav one thing in common; NNPC pipeline thoroughfare!

Pipeline vandalism has made product spills to contaminate large swath of d environment hence ground water.

Abeg always read well before u go off rambling about ur multiple personality disorder syndrome induced fits.

Anyway, I once saw Beaf advice u to go for goat brain transplant at N200 cost. Probably best u quickly take him up on dat. Lolzzzzz

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by mbhs139(m): 8:39pm On May 24, 2012

Have you asked the Gorvernors in the Niger-Delta what have they done about it-oil spillage. So, because there is oil spillage in ND, Fashola should not talk about it in Lagos. Where are you from my brother?
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by mandsignal(m): 9:32pm On May 24, 2012
EKO O NI BAJE
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by aljharem(m): 9:34pm On May 24, 2012
homerac7: Alj "boko haram"

U be big olodo o! How did u succeed to lead urself first, then other posters astray that d oil spill areas mentioned by gov fashola is due to oil exploration?

Pipeline vandalism has made product spills to contaminate large swath of d environment hence ground water.

Abeg always read well before u go off rambling about ur multiple personality disorder syndrome induced fits.

Anyway, I once saw Beaf advice u to go for goat brain transplant at N200 cost. Probably best u quickly take him up on dat. Lolzzzzz

abeg chill jare, just simply correct and move on. All this insult does not mean I would take you words special.

Thanks for the correction BTW. I am someone that like to learn given the opportunity.

@Jason no waste your time.
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by ak47mann(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2012
homerac7: Alj "boko haram"

grin grin grin grin grin ;OH LORD cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by homerac7: 10:37pm On May 24, 2012
Alj harem,

Do u knw why I like you? It's your simplicity. Although you can be terribly annoying sometimes, but its always easy to see your simple nature.

Really I hit hard at you but as usual, you took it simply. Great guy you are!

But no let ur head too swell o.
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by aljharem(m): 10:41pm On May 24, 2012
homerac7: Alj harem,

Do u knw why I like you? It's your simplicity. Although you can be terribly annoying sometimes, but its always easy to see your simple nature.

Really I hit hard at you but as usual, you took it simply. Great guy you are!

But no let ur head too swell o.

No problem my brother, my head no go swell after you don insult me grin grin grin

Again thanks for the correction. smiley uruese
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by jdash123: 6:24am On May 25, 2012
They also accused you to be sweetlemon, Okija juju and co![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Fashola Raises Alarm On Oil Spillage In Lagos by EmperorLuke: 12:29pm On May 25, 2012
Let them too see and face what the Niger Delta people have been passing through

(1) (Reply)

Buhari critically sick Apc Circulate Fake Photoshop Pic To Cover Up His Health / Chris Onyemenam Shamefully Took A Bow...Registered President Buhari. / Buratai's Convoy (funny Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.