Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity (1773 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Pope Leo X And His Most Infamous Declaration About Christianity!a Must Read! / For Those Of You Who Have Doubts About Christianity, Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by logicboy: 4:34pm On May 24, 2012
This is part 2 of my other thread; Things they wont tell you about Islam
https://www.nairaland.com/943454/things-they-wont-tell-you

These are all facts;

1) Christianity is a foreign religion to Nigeria and it came through the enslavement of Nigerian tribes and colonization of Nigeria.

2) Christianity by far has been the religion with the most amount of blood on it's hands from war to slavery to torture of heretics and crusades/inquisition.

3) The bible is sexist and clearly states that women must be silent in church and must be in submission (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

4) The bible never condemns slavery. Never. The bible regulates slavery. However, some people in recent times (2000 to present) have tried to remix the bible to condemn slavery in the bible. Plese read the different translations of 1 Timothy 1;10 http://bible.cc/1_timothy/1-10.htm and see how people have tried to remix the bible.

5) The catholic church is the oldest christian denomination of churches to exist. The catholic compiled the bible that Christians use today. Yet, protestants try to distance themselves from the evils of the catholic church (eg cover-ups of pedophilia) while using the bible compiled by catholics.

6) The bible contradicts itself with morals (Sermon on the mount, 10 commandments) while condoning immorality eg regulation of slavery, God ordering Hebrews to commit genocide against Canaanites, sexist statements in the bible etc. Some of these still occurred in the New Testament.

7) The bible promotes bigotry against atheists by claiming that atheists are fools and corrupt. Psalm 14;1. Atheophobia grin

cool Jesus treated the Canaanite woman who came for help in a way that could be described as racist/xenophobic- using "dog" as a metaphor for her and telling her that He (Jesus) came for the lost sheep of Isreal. Matthew 15:22-26

9) Many churches in Nigeria have Jesus painted as white. Nigeria is a country that is majorly black. Jesus has little probability of being white considering his heritage and environemnt.

10) Judaism and Christianity were not the first religions on earth. There were Atenism and Zoroastrianism before Judaism.

Bonus; I didnt mention science or evolution or big b.ang.
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by logicboy: 4:48pm On May 24, 2012
fred2265: All good points.

Cheers
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by DeepSight(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2012
logicboy: This is part 2 of my other thread; Things they wont tell you about Islam

These are all facts;

1) Christianity is a foreign religion to Nigeria and it came through the enslavement of Nigerian tribes and colonization of Nigeria.

2) Christianity by far has been the religion with the most amount of blood on it's hands from war to slavery to torture of heretics and crusades/inquisition.

3) The bible is sexist and clearly states that women must be silent in church and must be in submission (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

4) The bible never condemns slavery. Never. The bible regulates slavery. However, some people in recent times (2000 to present) have tried to remix the bible to condemn slavery in the bible. Plese read the different translations of 1 Timothy 1;10 http://bible.cc/1_timothy/1-10.htm and see how people have tried to remix the bible.

5) The catholic church is the oldest christian denomination of churches to exist. The catholic compiled the bible that Christians use today. Yet, protestants try to distance themselves from the evils of the catholic church (eg cover-ups of pedophilia) while using the bible compiled by catholics.

6) The bible contradicts itself with morals (Sermon on the mount, 10 commandments) while condoning immorality eg regulation of slavery, God ordering Hebrews to commit genocide against Canaanites, sexist statements in the bible etc. Some of these still occurred in the New Testament.

7) The bible promotes bigotry against atheists by claiming that atheists are fools and corrupt. Psalm 14;1. Atheophobia grin

cool Jesus treated the Canaanite woman who came for help in a way that could be described as racist/xenophobic- using "dog" as a metaphor for her and telling her that He (Jesus) came for the lost sheep of Isreal. Matthew 15:22-26

9) Many churches in Nigeria have Jesus painted as white. Nigeria is a country that is majorly black. Jesus has little probability of being white considering his heritage and environemnt.

10) Judaism and Christianity were not the first religions on earth. There were Atenism and Zoroastrianism before Judaism.

Why did you call me here? What is the meaning of this thread. There should be more to atheism than mere religion bashing. Fundamentally, you need to have strong philosophical reasons for the core atheistic proposition. That is where to start from, son.

1 Like

Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by DeepSight(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2012
logicboy: This is part 2 of my other thread; Things they wont tell you about Islam

These are all facts;

Why did you call me here? What is the meaning of this thread. There should be more to atheism than mere religion bashing. Fundamentally, you need to have strong philosophical reasons for the core atheistic proposition. That is where to start from, son.
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by logicboy: 6:17pm On May 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

I dont need philosophy or science to be an atheist! Slavery made me an atheist! The three major religions all support slavery which leads me to the conclusion that if there is no physical proof of God and all religious people fail in their description of God, then God definitely doesnt care about humans and probably doesnt exist
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by ea7(m): 6:19pm On May 24, 2012
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by logicboy: 6:26pm On May 24, 2012
ea7: @logicboy https://www.nairaland.com/863297/review-new-testament/1 my thread is back

That thread is unattractive. I dont have patience to read the long rant. You need better marketing for your bible bashing. Do it like me; simple and precise.
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by ea7(m): 6:29pm On May 24, 2012
read them, done book by book, pretty funny. think of it as a book.
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by logicboy: 6:31pm On May 24, 2012
ea7: read them, done book by book, pretty funny. think of it as a book.

Too much fairytale is bad for you! The bible gives me headaches from all the eyerolling due to its lies
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by ea7(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2012
im the one that suffered thru it man. at least read thru it.
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by oiseworld: 9:46pm On May 24, 2012
ea7 theres truly no sense in the page.
Non at all.
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by Boomark(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
logicboy:

I dont need philosophy or science to be an atheist! Slavery made me an atheist! The three major religions all support slavery which leads me to the conclusion that if there is no physical proof of God and all religious people fail in their description of God, then God definitely doesnt care about humans and probably doesnt exist

If slavery is your problem, read Ex 21:16 and De 24:7.

I have read all that you have written and i know where the confusion is coming from. If want to come back to God, believe that He is One true God, the Father. Not three persons in one God. With that you will never be confused and the bible will not look like it contradicts it self.

As for physical evidence, His is a spirit. No one puts Him to test and expects to get what he want. When He sees your commitment in serving Him, believe me, He will give you a kiss one day and your life will not remain the same again.
Re: Things They Wont Tell You About Christianity by Jeiel: 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
@Logicboy: Why do you think/believe the Bible is a lie? And why do you hate/dislike Christianity and God?

(1) (Reply)

My Journey From Genesis To Revelation (nice Piece) / Tope Alabi's Big Comeback In Winners Chapel On New Year Eve / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay Back Debt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.