Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice (25273 Views)

Do You Want To Be A Cabin Crew(air Hostess) / What Qualifications Do You Need To Become An Air Hostess? / How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Haven12: 10:16pm On May 24, 2012
I have a B.Ed from the University of Port-Harcourt, I really do not like teaching sad and I thought I should become an air hostess, I am 5' 3" and 50kg . I am a very organized person and I think I am going to enjoy this type of service Job.I also think I can do some secretarial jobs like I said I am very organized..Are there courses I need to take to become an air hostess? please kind advice me and any referral will be great. I am currently in Lagos.
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by yamakuza: 12:24am On May 25, 2012
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Godmother(f): 11:09am On May 29, 2012
Just look for a good Aviation school and get trained. I ll suggest Landover @ ikeja. Once u get trained u can start applying for air hostess jobs.

I was an air hostess with Dana Airline in 2009 though I was trained by d company. The job is fun, prestigious and pays well though u wnt have much time for urself.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by yamakuza: 11:19am On May 29, 2012
^ Why did you leave? They dont pay as much as GLO?

I guess her major problem might be finding the jobs. Very few ads out there.

What do you think?
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Haven12: 1:04pm On May 29, 2012
Thanks all,read through landover site but I will go to their office tomorrow.
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Haven12: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
Dana airline,pls dont scare me.what went wrong?this is so sad...
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by yamakuza: 5:57am On Jun 04, 2012
I wonder which local carrier is the most reliable. Aero perhaps?
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by ayox2003: 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
Haven12: I have a B. ed from the University of Portharcourt, I really do not like teaching sad and I thought I should become an air hostess, I am 5' 3" and 50kg . I am a very organized person and I think I am going to enjoy this type of service Job.I also think I can do some secretarial jobs like I said I am very organized..Are there courses I need to take to become an air hostess? please kind advice me and any referral will be great. I am currently in Lagos.
I think you should consider other jobs.
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
dana airlines is recruiting. hurry ok. bye bye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Kx: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
Air hostess?

Even in the face of dana crash, u still aspire for a career flying?
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by damilola15: 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2012
ahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Are u still considering it.

On a more serious note, aviation schools (the good ones) are expensive.
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by stepo707: 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2012
Jenams: dana airlines is recruiting. hurry ok. bye bye

LOL grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by bright007(f): 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
Dana air is recruiting,go quickly.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by joelala(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
well its pretty sad and devastating experiencing a huge loss yesterday. but be as it may, crashes will still occur and people will still fly and needs cabin crews to always be there to assist and co-ordinate passenger on board.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by enupdates(f): 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
two recognized trainin school are landover and aerocontractors. After the 5weeks course,u write a license exam conducted by ncaa and u get ur license. Then u start applying for jobs. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Joey82(m): 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2012
@Op
too bad that u are deciding on this career when hostesses are loosing their lives.
good luck to ur career plans
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by lifestyle1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
This thread was created before the unfortunate dana incident, I wonder the intention of the mod to place this on the homepage now.undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
life_style: This thread was created before the unfortunate dana incident, I wonder the intention of the mod to place this on the homepage now.undecided

Lol, I like you. You are very attentive. Thought I was the only one that noticed it.
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by CuteTj(m): 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2012
I guess you may be having a change of mind now? Don't panic. You should still pursue your dreams and when you finally become an air hostess, ensure you don't fly on a plane that has an history like that of Dana that crashed yesterday. And if you find yourself on a plane like that and you aren't comfortable with it, feign illness or collapse shortly before take off.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Godmother(f): 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
yamakuza: ^ Why did you leave? They dont pay as much as GLO?

I guess her major problem might be finding the jobs. Very few ads out there.

What do you think?

I didn't leave intentionally o. There was a downsizin in Januaary 2009 n I was affected. They pay quite well, depening on d no of hours u fly a month sha.

Glo pays peanuts. They used to pay a lot but that was yeeeears ago

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by elari(m): 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
u hear say plane dey crash, u dey talk of air hostess job. Ok o! Gudluck without jona
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Piyke: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
elari: u hear say plane dey crash, u dey talk of air hostess job. Ok o! Gudluck without jona

Its an old thread. she asked the question on the 24th of May before the crash. Whether she would still want to go ahead will be a different matter.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by spartanian(m): 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2012
Try Nigerian COllege of Aviation Technology(NCAT), zaria, kaduna state.
The school fees is about 150k
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Kockane(m): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2012
Derz nufn wrong in aspiring to become a hostess. You cld be a road hostess, sea hostess, just not air hostess. Anyways, if ur really passionate about hostess-hood, apply @ big joe, ekenedilichukwu or cn okoli. Its all about chasing d dream, innit?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by pdpiperpippen: 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
Go and buy a parachute and be on d look out for engine trouble while on board it wld must surely happen, so u can jump out before d plane crashes. This I think wld do.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by MissC1: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kockane: Derz nufn wrong in aspiring to become a hostess. You cld be a road hostess, sea hostess, just not air hostess. Anyways, if ur really passionate about hostess-hood, apply @ big joe, ekenedilichukwu or cn okoli. Its all about chasing d dream, innit?
Ur vry vry funny ooooooh. Anyway ur rit
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by tunapawizzy: 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2012
life_style: This thread was created before the unfortunate dana incident, I wonder the intention of the mod to place this on the homepage now.undecided

Management of nairaland is just shameless greedy n all about money. Using an old post to strategically increase traffic. Low life
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by humblebee: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
dana is recruiting, no experience is needed...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by mrman2(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2012
The moderators are just being unnecessarily mischievous.
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by cindyrella(f): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
Lol this is an old post, what is it doing on the front page?
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by shizzle11(m): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2012

Exactly my thought; but truth is dana crash or not, pipo will continue to fly and airlines will always require the services of air hostesses and young ladies who aspire to be one will always stick to their aspiration. No matter how careful you are, death will come when it will, not taking away the rational for precaution thou.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job / Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] / How Police Officers Assisted Lady Her Car Broke Down In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.