Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle (3010 Views)

Nairaland Single And Ready To Mingle!!! (whatsap, Bbm,2go, Fb. . .) / I'm Single And Searching! / Buy these quality watches. Call or Whatsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2006
Hello all! I live in Houston and though I've travelled to over parts of the U.S. I've never, [i]ever [/i]met any Hausa people.

Let me start by saying that I don't live in the most diverse suburb. (I didn't have any Yoruba friends until I was in college.) But I didn't even meet any Hausas in college. Now, it's possible that I've been at a party or banquet with one or more but they never came to my attn. I want to broaden my horizons so is anyone on here HAUSA? Do ya'll know where HAUSAS hang out? Is it possible that HAUSAS don't like to mingle w/ other ethnic groups? I've heard that before.

I'm single and ready to mingle. Hook me up. Holla! kiss
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Braska: 8:51pm On Mar 31, 2006
Hi there! My name is Aminu Imam , a Hausaman BUT living in Nigeria, Hey! dat doesn't mean we shouldn't get to know each other, But tell me about yrself. As for me i live in kadunaNigeria and i just happened 2 come across dis site, (lucky 4 me grin ) and i believe it SURE IS BAM!!!,
If i may ask, what is so peculiar about Hausas that u say we dont want 2 mingle. I think contrary to that we are just like any other race or tribe , Nothing special,
I'll stop here till u reply, Bye!!!
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by baby4u2(f): 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2006
but yeah girl i've been questioning the invisibility of hausa's in the u.s. i mean where are they? but do u know the funny thing about it all,  hausa's are more in jand than they are in yankee. its rear to find them here, but i know a handful of them though but not as many as i know in jand. try changing the topic on this post to hausa's meet up on this page. sounds more inviting,  u grab.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by oasis: 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2006
Hausas get a lot of scholarships from their respective state governments. So, they often don't need to travel far in search of greener pastures. I have firsthand information about this because I spent several years in Russia as a student. While the rest of us lived on the rubble, Hausas received thousands of dollars from their states each year. That made them rich students.

The Hausas that do travel to the US, either work for VOA, or the Nigerian Embassy.

On the religious front, most Hausas are of the Islamic faith. Since the US is predominantly christian, I believe they don't feel at home in the US.

1 Like

Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2006
~
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by oasis: 12:13am On Apr 01, 2006
What do you suppose is the reason behind this quietness you talk about? I know it couldn't be simply their nature, because Hausas are not silent in Nigeria. In fact, they're anything but silent.

Also, why do you spell Birom as Berom? I grew up in Plateau myself, so I know a lot about your tribe.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Akolawole(m): 12:48am On Apr 01, 2006
@JosBoy4Life

Since my moving around, the few that i have met is on Diplomatic visa to work in our embassies while the other group are on scholarship.

What do they do in Canada? I am courious to know.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Txlonghorn(m): 12:55am On Apr 01, 2006
@ Chinani.

Do you wanna hook up with me I'm so Hausa
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 1:00am On Apr 01, 2006
@ Txlonghorn

you are NOT hausa stop passing! besides, I just say "no". wink
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Txlonghorn(m): 1:03am On Apr 01, 2006
I was just kidding girl grin grin grin, ok don't start getting all mad at me now.Hold up why would you say no, you think I'm a man LovePeddler or something ? grin grin grin
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 1:07am On Apr 01, 2006
@ Braska

Hi Aminu Imam. What a lovely name! It songs like the title of a song! We should definitely be friends. You asked what's so peculiar about Hausa people. Well I guess I'm attracted to them b/c I right now they're a mystery to me. I here so much negative stuff about "Northerns" (I'm not endorsing it) and "Northern" is usually a "polite" stand in for Hausa/Fulani. (I've also never met a Fulani person but I will leave that for another day. smiley) I know better than to believe negative rumors so I want to meet people and judge enjoy them for myself. This is what happened w/ the Yoruba people I met in college. Also, I've read and seen pictures about them so now I want face to face contact. In all the pics I've seen the men are always tall, dark and handsome (some even smoldering grin) & the women are pretty. I try not to be vain but attractiveness never hurt anybody! I used to think that "Hausas just don't migrate" but since joining his forum it seems like the diaspora & cyberspace is full of Hausas. So I decided to be the forward one and put myself out there. Hope I answered some of your questions.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 1:11am On Apr 01, 2006
I know you were kidding. You're I-G-B-O. . .see I'm psychic! Can't be mad at cha boy! And I said "no" b/c I'm a DARE graduate! LOL. But really you're the one who propositioned offered to hook up w/ me. Don't play shy now. You weren't inviting me for needle work sha!
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 1:18am On Apr 01, 2006
@ baby4u2

Do you like the new title Seun choose or should I still change it? Yea, maybe there's across the board more diversity in GB. I need to head to the Eastcoast so I can more Nigerians and less cows and state troopers. As for your Hausa friends, where did you meet them? Do you know them from Nigeria? Really I'm just wondering where Hausa ppl hang out in the US that I don't see them.

@ oasis

Thanks for the info. Good for them! At some (st) govts work in Naija. But props to you for going to Russia!!! OMG, I want to travel there though not soon. How'd you survive the water. LOL.

@ Josboy4life

What tribe are you? Thanks for the info. On a random note, I love the name/word Jos. Do you know what it means? I kinda want to name my future daughter Jos.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Txlonghorn(m): 1:23am On Apr 01, 2006
@Chinani

Omg I've been busted grin grin, you a DARE graduate that's so funny, do the have like  a 12 step program in the DARE thing like AA meetings. I'm serious I'll be scared to ask you out for real.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:27am On Apr 01, 2006
oasis:

What do you suppose is the reason behind this quietness you talk about? I know it couldn't be simply their nature, because Hausas are not silent in Nigeria. In fact, they're anything but silent.

Also, why do you spell Birom as Berom? I grew up in Plateau myself, so I know a lot about your tribe.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:29am On Apr 01, 2006
JOS stands for - JESUS OUR SAVIOUR

Contrary to popular belief their are many northerners who are not Hausa and have accepted Jesus Christ as their one and only Saviour
Ma dil la
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by larger20(m): 1:34am On Apr 01, 2006
Hausa people are very conservative about their religion and culture. With one love and unity, they can do something that can impact nigeria. So if u want to date them, get ready to stoop in any condition and oh if alhaji wants more wife , don't object becasue its part of their religion to marry more than one
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:44am On Apr 01, 2006
larger_20:

Hausa people are very conservative about their religion and culture. With one love and unity, they can do something that can impact nigeria. So if u want to date them, get ready to stoop in any condition and oh if alhaji wants more wife , don't object becasue its part of their religion to marry more than one

I dont get the first part, and the second part there are other ethnicities too who marry than one wife,
During pre-colonization it was not uncommon either,
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 1:51am On Apr 01, 2006
larger_20:

I want to meet & mingle in the platonic sense. I really just want to expand my circle of friends and broaden my horizons. While their menfolk are handsome, this thread doesn't have sexual implications. But thank you for the info.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 1:54am On Apr 01, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

JOS stands for - JESUS OUR SAVIOUR
REALLY? That is way too cool. It's definitely going to be my baby's name! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Er, I just had a maternal moment.embarassed
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Akolawole(m): 3:58am On Apr 01, 2006
@Josboy4life
Still not satisfy with ur answer.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by gentleaura(m): 4:23am On Apr 01, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

I don't get the first part, and the second part there are other ethnicities too who marry than one wife,
During pre-colonization it was not uncommon either,

I happen to be in Toronto as well, although I am yoruba. I don't want to sound queer but  I am so longing to meet an hausa person or someone from the Northern part of Nigeria. I was talking to a girl-friend last saturday which she said she didnt knw as well not until when she went to one of their gettogethers, I was kind of surprised eh!

We shld hook up homeboy, holla
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:00am On Apr 01, 2006
gettogathers? how long have you been in the t-dot, where precisely are you living?
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:01am On Apr 01, 2006
Akolawole:

@Josboy4life
Still not satisfy with your answer.

Bros what else would you like me to mention??
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by gentleaura(m): 6:02am On Apr 01, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

gettogathers? how long have you been in the t-dot, where precisely are you living?

Not quiet long, less than a year in the t-dot(been in Canada close to 3 years though) and I live in downtown, dude holla with ur msn or yahoo if u want to!!
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:05am On Apr 01, 2006
~
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by hotangel2(f): 7:37am On Apr 01, 2006
Im hausa, Here i am. Yes i am!! Just believe me, ohh, will u just believe me? I really Am. angry angry

cheesy Well i speak hausa fluent if that counts.

And uhm, i just wanted to add that, it'll take a while before you find so many hausa's in U.S. SO many of them are based in the European countries. U.K most especially, Infact, too much of them there.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Akolawole(m): 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2006
@HotAngel

Hausa in UK?

I beg, prove it.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by ocho(f): 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2006
Hey chinani, ya dai? grin ok, I'd say I'm partly hausa because I was born and lived in the north for the most part of my life. I'm not exactly fluent(for whatever reasons angry) but I manage to get by with the little I speak. cool I understand it very well though, well, of course that's the least expected of me seeings as i am not fluent and I lived in the north all my life. undecided

@Hotangel: true that! I have rarely come across Hausa families or just individuals here in Canada too(ok, let me just say Manitoba)
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by baby4u2(f): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2006
yeah girl i met them in maryland and washington d.c.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2006
@ hot-angel
Welcome!!! I'm happy to have met you on the forum. Thanks for stopping in. Yes, I was beginning to think the US wasn't the HAUSA destination of choice. But, I'm going to keep searching and meeting. Is there anything you'd like to add about Hausa culture or customs? Do Hausas like to "keep quiet" as someone mentioned? I don't want to put you on the spot so feel free not to answer. Peace. smiley

@ ocho
Welcome! You are kind of Hausa so I'm also glad that we met. Can you speak/hear your own language as well as Hausa? No matter. Thanks for posting! smiley

I wish you guys weren't so far away so that we could all hang out.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Seun(m): 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2006
There's no danger in marrying a Hausa or Muslim girl. She's not going to want to marry another husband. Yay!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Break up with Me Because I Have A Son! / Katsina Residents Whatsapp Hook-up / Need Abuja Ladies For Ushering Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.