Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido (11052 Views)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / See Inside The Prison Photos Of Sule Lamido And Sons / Nigeria's Oil Wells: Why The Northerners Want Gej Out.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Gbawe: 7:41am On May 26, 2012
The President North wants -Lamido
By Dele Anofi, Abuja 5 hours 37 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Lamido Lamido

Northern governors have opted for a development-oriented president to run the nation’s affairs from 2015.

His characteristics should include ability to make the generality of Nigerians happy and contended,according to Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State.

The northern governors, at their last meeting in Kaduna,said the Presidency should return to that region in the next election.

Although, Governor Lamido, speaking against the backdrop of the meeting in an interview, did not say the governors have ditched or will ditch President Goodluck Jonathan,he said if the same governors who went against the interest of their own region in 2011 are now going in a different direction, then something fundamental must be wrong.

“The governors who made the comments were also the governors who made Jonathan their candidate in 2011. Now, if they are talking this way, then something is wrong because all the northern governors supported Jonathan in 2011 and by implication they went against the northern interest in 2015 because of Jonathan, didn’t they? If today they are singing a different tune, I want to believe that it was just because they were concerned about Nigeria,” he said.

“ I guess what we should be asking is: what is wrong? As a people, what we want is how to develop the country where we feel happy and contented. Nigerians don’t really care about who the President or governor or the Council chairman is, as long as their basic needs are met,”he added.

But he was quick to add that the North or indeed any part of the country could not go it alone in picking the nation’s president.

“What are we talking about? Is it a southern Nigeria President, northern Nigeria President or is it about a Nigerian President? If it is about Nigerian President, then all forces must sit down and discuss it because there is no way one bloc would say ‘I must have it.’ The north tried it last time but failed when Atiku, Gen. Babangida, Gen Aliyu, Bukola all contested and lost the PDP primaries. Then, Gen. Buhari a northerner from CPC contested in the main election, and what happened was history. So this is to prove that the North cannot give us a President all alone and so it is with the South. In other words, it must be a Nigerian consensus.”

He did not take kindly to the comment made by former military ruler, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, that there would be bloodshed should the 2015 elections be rigged.

His words: “We have to be cautious and stop talking bad about ourselves and that if something does not happen, heaven will fall. Heaven will not fall and if it falls, it will fall on Nigeria, not on another country.

“ If you say there is going to be war in Nigeria because you lost an election, it will only affect Nigerians who will be killing themselves. Whatever we say about ourselves, whether on election or whatever, we must think about our culture and discipline and think about how to support it but if you don’t, fair enough.

“ If Buhari says there would be war in 2015 because of one thing or the other, fair enough, because to me, the war can only affect Nigerians who will be killing themselves and northerners in particular.

“ I know there is no way people from the other regions will be killing each other because of Buhari, it is only the Hausaman who will be killing one another because of him.

“Why all this talk about war, bloodbath? We have to be cautious because I get worried when people who were honoured by God to lead us as Head of State begin to make grave statements that can adversely affect the greater majority of this country.

“ When we think of it, at one time, we were all Buhari’s citizens because he was privileged by God to lead us at one time. So, no matter how pained he is, being one time leader of this country, he must be worried that majority of us are going to die.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/47866-the-president-north-wants-lamido.html
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by ektbear: 7:57am On May 26, 2012
meh
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by PointB: 8:28am On May 26, 2012

He did not take kindly to the comment
made by former military ruler, Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari, that there would
be bloodshed should the 2015 elections
be rigged.
His words: “We have to be cautious and
stop talking bad about ourselves and
that if something does not happen,
heaven will fall. Heaven will not fall and
if it falls, it will fall on Nigeria, not on
another country.
“ If you say there is going to be war in
Nigeria because you lost an election, it
will only affect Nigerians who will be
killing themselves. Whatever we say
about ourselves, whether on election or
whatever, we must think about our
culture and discipline and think about
how to support it but if you don’t, fair
enough.
“ If Buhari says there would be war in
2015 because of one thing or the other,
fair enough, because to me, the war can
only affect Nigerians who will be killing
themselves and northerners in
particular.
“ I know there is no way people from the
other regions will be killing each other
because of Buhari, it is only the
Hausaman who will be killing one
another because of him.
“Why all this talk about war, bloodbath?

We have to be cautious because I get
worried when people who were honoured
by God to lead us as Head of State begin
to make grave statements that can
adversely affect the greater majority of
this country.

Lamido is very correct!

2 Likes

Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by ckkris: 8:52am On May 26, 2012
"Thousands of Nigerians, even hundreds of thousands, including Youth Corps members, will be massacred in political violence, and many more rendered refugees and homeless in 2015, ip I, General Mohammad Bu-haram, and my personal farty, is not permitted to outrig the FDF, or any other farty in the forthcoming general elections, insha Allah". This is the correct interfretation of Gen Bu-haram's speech to his loyalists. Please remember that the under-age al Majiri army will also vote, as is always the case, and is 100% loyal to this general, who has spent all his life learning, and practising how to defeat others, even by HISTORICALLY overthrowing democratically elected government. But this is NIGERIA.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by PointB: 9:15am On May 26, 2012
The only reason Buhari talk about war and bloodbath is because he is a jihadist, and a bloody terrorist.

I won't be surprised if he is linked to Al Qaeda or other islamic terrorist group.

Perhaps the title for this thread should be: 'The President North doesn't want. It is very clear to the unbiased minds that Lamido is actually saying No to Buhari. The smart guy (Lamido) doesn't want to die just yet.

Listen to Lamido

“ When we think of it, at one time, we
were all Buhari’s citizens because he was
privileged by God to lead us at one time.
So, no matter how pained he is, being
one time leader of this country, he must
be worried that majority of us are going
to die.”

1 Like

Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Kobojunkie: 9:26am On May 26, 2012
I see the opening theme here has been to distract from the main message.

The northern governors, at their last meeting in Kaduna,said the Presidency should return to that region in the next election.

Although, Governor Lamido, speaking against the backdrop of the meeting in an interview, did not say the governors have ditched or will ditch President Goodluck Jonathan,he said if the same governors who went against the interest of their own region in 2011 are now going in a different direction, then something fundamental must be wrong.

“The governors who made the comments were also the governors who made Jonathan their candidate in 2011. Now, if they are talking this way, then something is wrong because all the northern governors supported Jonathan in 2011 and by implication they went against the northern interest in 2015 because of Jonathan, didn’t they? If today they are singing a different tune, I want to believe that it was just because they were concerned about Nigeria,” he said.

“ I guess what we should be asking is: what is wrong? As a people, what we want is how to develop the country where we feel happy and contented. Nigerians don’t really care about who the President or governor or the Council chairman is, as long as their basic needs are met,”he added.

It seems like many of the other regions in the Nation, the north also feels, that the only way it would benefit from the FG is if the Presidency returns to their region.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by chuks49(m): 9:30am On May 26, 2012
Vampire Buhari
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Gbawe: 9:38am On May 26, 2012
Kobojunkie: I see the opening theme here has been to distract from the main message.

It seems like many of the other regions in the Nation, the north also feels, that the only way it would benefit from the FG is if the Presidency returns to their region.

Very sad that we are still at this level but the agitation for 'regional' Presidency will continue until Nigeria is lucky enough to get a genuine Nation builder who will predicate his leadership entirely on building strong and independent institutions.

When , President after President, the agenda is one of parochialism and "our turn to chop" towards the NNPC, oil and gas sector, Power sector, partisan use of influential appointments (AGF, IGP etc), bastardized institutions (EFCC, ICPC et al) then that is the lead others will follow until someone breaks the pattern with a genuine attempt towards nation building. The old Politicians (Azikiwe, Awolowo, Nkrumah et al) are still the best, even with their faults, because they genuinely sought office as a tool of development.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Gbawe: 9:41am On May 26, 2012
chuks49: Vampire Buhari

Anything to say on the main topic of thread i.e "The President North wants" and regional agitation for the Presidency?
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by PointB: 9:49am On May 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Anything to say on the main topic of thread i.e "The President North wants" and regional agitation for the Presidency?

Half of what Lamido said were directed at Buhari and his unguarded utterance. What can be more topical than Buhari, war, bloodbath, and strife. Perhaps to someone like you, all that matter is power going back to the North at all cost. Other see differently and indeed see through your propaganda!

1 Like

Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Gbawe: 9:57am On May 26, 2012
PointB:

Half of what Lamido said were directed at Buhari and his unguarded utterance. What can be more topical than Buhari, war, bloodbath, and strife. Perhaps to someone like you, all that matter is power going back to the North at all cost. Other see differently and indeed see through your propaganda!

What is it with you indoctrinated people? OK. You see through my "propaganda". On a faceless, anonymous chat forum . Some of you , perhaps because of sheer paranoia borne of constant indoctrination, take this need to see 'agenda' and 'propaganda' way too seriously.

Can you now please move on and stop boring the forum with your predisposition to seeing "agenda" and "propaganda" everywhere? It is seriously off-putting from you guys and only creates the image of an insecure people with siege mentality ruining every thread here these days.

Lamido's talk of Buhari is not the main theme of the article even if you wish to make it so. You have now 'exposed' my "propaganda" please move on abeg and don't derail the thread because it is not for folks like you seeking another avenue to rant at the "enemies" of GEJ while distracting from the main topic.

1 Like

Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by icez: 10:05am On May 26, 2012
“ If Buhari says there would be war in
2015 because of one thing or the other,
fair enough, because to me, the war can
only affect Nigerians who will be killing
themselves and northerners in
particular.
“ I know there is no way people from the
other regions will be killing each other
because of Buhari, it is only the
Hausaman who will be killing one
another because of him.
“Why all this talk about war, bloodbath?

Buhari the ethnic bigot and religious fundamentalist.
Bloody killer.
The blood of all those NYSC members are on his head and those of his supporters. angry
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 10:17am On May 26, 2012
I know there is no way people from the other regions will be killing each other because of Buhari, it is only the Hausaman who will be killing one another because of him.
If you're not a northerner, don't be caught off-guard by then.
At least, there are still very smart people like Lamido who understand the implications of statements especially by political figures on their largely un-educated people.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by PointB: 10:21am On May 26, 2012
Gbawe:

What is it with you indoctrinated people? OK. You see through my "propaganda". On a faceless, anonymous chat forum . Some of you , perhaps because of sheer paranoia borne of constant indoctrination, take this need to see 'agenda' and 'propaganda' way too seriously.

Can you now please move on and stop boring the forum with your predisposition to seeing "agenda" and "propaganda" everywhere? It is seriously off-putting from you guys and only creates the image of an insecure people with siege mentality ruining every thread here these days.

Lamido's talk of Buhari is not the main theme of the article even if you wish to make it so. You have now 'exposed' my "propaganda" please move on abeg and don't derail the thread because it is not for folks like you seeking another avenue to rant at the "enemies" of GEJ while distracting from the main topic.

Move on to where/what? Dude is something wrong with you? If you cannot bear someone commenting on stuff you posted, for crying out loud you should leave Nairaland. People like me abound here, and will continue to whether clowns like you like it or not. Let's assume for argument sake, that I am indeed indoctrinated, so fvcking what? Are you not even more indoctrinated by Tinubu, AC.N and their clannish ideaology?

As per the article, who determines the main topic? The headline, propagandist like you, or the message therein?

In my opinion, while propagandist will have us focus on whatever suits their agenda, passers by, and keen observers will not lose sight of the fact that Lamido spent a considerable amount of time and energy discussing the calamity Buhari had wished upon the country. That dude, contrary to what you would have us believe, is the main topic of the news you posted. Twist it anyhow you wish, but you cannot derail the message of Lamido.

And Lamido message once again is that: Buhari is dangerous and must be stop by Northerners working hand in hand with the south. Finito!

2 Likes

Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by icez: 10:34am On May 26, 2012
PointB:

Move on to where/what? Dude is something wrong with you? If you cannot bear someone commenting on stuff you posted, for crying out loud you should leave Nairaland. People like me abound here, and will continue to whether clowns like you like it or not. Let's assume for argument sake, that I am indeed indoctrinated, so fvcking what? Are you not even more indoctrinated by Tinubu, AC.N and their clannish ideaology?

As per the article, who determines the main topic? The headline, propagandist like you, or the message therein?

In my opinion, while propagandist will have us focus on whatever suits their agenda, passers by, and keen observers will not lose sight of the fact that Lamido spent a considerable amount of time and energy discussing the calamity Buhari had wished upon the country. That dude, contrary to what you would have us believe, is the main topic of the news you posted. Twist it anyhow you wish, but you cannot derail the message of Lamido.

And Lamido message once again is that: Buhari is dangerous and must be stop by Northerners working hand in hand with the south. Finito!

Well said.
Buhari the ethnic bigot and religious fundamentalist.
Bloody killer.
The blood of all those NYSC members are on his head and those of his supporters.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by ckkris: 10:47am On May 26, 2012
Gbawe.
How many Youth Corps members did you kill? Propaganda is a game that all can play. The blood of Youth Corps members will continue to hound Buhari and his loyalists, even in Nairaland.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Gbawe: 10:50am On May 26, 2012
PointB:

The likes of you are best ignored. Nothing but a broken record of paranoia, indoctrination and inferiority complex. You have been programmed from the womb to hate blindly and it shows in every pathetic comment you make.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by ishmael(m): 11:00am On May 26, 2012
Yes, we agree, let power return back to the north. It is a very wise suggestion. We will give our support only to a northerner who knows the meaning of peace and not pieces. We will prefer a northern christian to be presented or else let them forget it. We are tired of jihadists ruling us.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Funkymallam(m): 11:31am On May 26, 2012
Every region wants the presidency, this is the bane of the Nigerian society. So sad! sad

Gov. Sule Lamido is a pure hausa man and have refused to join the bandwagon that claims the Gen. Buhari was misquoted, i wonder if those propagandist are more hausa that Lamido.
Even Gen. Buhari have not come out to say he was misquoted but ppl are now interpreting his language to him to suit their propagander.

1 Like

Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by ckkris: 12:29pm On May 26, 2012
Gov Sule Lamido is not a violent moslem or politician. Nigerians must remember that Lamido and late Abubakar Rimi have political pedigree, based on Aminu Kano's TALAKAWA mass movement. Not one of those born to rule.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by PointB: 12:30pm On May 26, 2012
Gbawe:

The likes of you are best ignored. Nothing but a broken record of paranoia, indoctrination and inferiority complex. You have been programmed from the womb to hate blindly and it shows in every pathetic comment you make.

The likes of you are dangerous propagandist and should be closely watched by well meaning Nairalanders. Your evil machinations will be met with opposing logic. Your mischievous posts and dark comments are clear indicator of malformation in your early childhood!

3 Likes

Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by ebamma(m): 2:48pm On May 26, 2012
i hope dis will not affect the price of garri,in the market.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by deandavid(m): 3:06pm On May 26, 2012
ishmael: Yes, we agree, let power return back to the north. It is a very wise suggestion. We will give our support only to a northerner who knows the meaning of peace and not pieces. We will prefer a northern christian to be presented or else let them forget it. We are tired of jihadists ruling us.
please can you give me reason/s why power should return to the north,and not a real nation builder wheathr 4rm south,east,west,why must it b north?
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Beaf1: 3:08pm On May 26, 2012
PointB:

Move on to your daily job of l!cking GEJ's balls. Are you r3tarded?
Gbawe pls ignore this $hit!
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by icez: 3:16pm On May 26, 2012
PointB:

The likes of you are dangerous propagandist and should be closely watched by well meaning Nairalanders. Your evil machinations will be met with opposing logic. Your mischievous posts and dark comments are clear indicator of malformation in your early childhood!

Well said
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by philips70(m): 3:24pm On May 26, 2012
You people should stop using the blood of the youth corpers that died as a tool to blacklist or blackmail anyone. What about the Nigerians that die daily from lack of medical care occasioned by successive irresponsible governments? Is that the making of Buhari? Or is it the numbers of daily accidents that kill several people? Is that also the fault of Buhari's statements? You people should face this present clueless and super corrupt government that is being tarnished daily with official corrupt cases and leave the poor man to make his statements. If you feel so much for youth corpers tell your President to take their monthly allowances seriously lest they all die of hunger very soon in their various serving posts. Continue dwelling on statements made by one man and ignore the cases of massive corruption going on in the current government. You and your future generations will pay dearly for it. Just as they are trying to rigmarole in the fuel subsidy issue another massive 1 billion dollar executive fraud is currently running both in Nigerian and the international airwaves and you are here dwelling on an obvious and so true statement made by Buhari. All of una go suffer die for this country...una never see anything.

1 Like

Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by icez: 3:26pm On May 26, 2012
blood sucking buhari.
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Onlytruth(m): 3:32pm On May 26, 2012
PointB:

And Lamido message once again is that: [size=14pt]Buhari is dangerous and must be stop by Northerners working hand in hand with the south.[/size] Finito!

My name is Onlytruth, and I endorse this message! cool cool cool
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by ozoebuka1(m): 3:58pm On May 26, 2012
All i want is 4 dis country to divide so dat everybody can solve his own problem am tired of dis nn os se thing.. northern let the easterners go, so dat u guys can produce a president 4 yaselves and we d easterners wil do d same!
Re: The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 26, 2012
Buhari issue has been over-flogged. Reasonable people in the North know that the blood thirsty professional presidential candidate is perpetually unelectable.

To me the main points worth discussing are these:
What are we talking about? Is it a southern Nigeria President, northern Nigeria President or is it about a Nigerian President? If it is about Nigerian President, then all forces must sit down and discuss it because there is no way one bloc would say ‘I must have it.’ The north tried it last time but failed when Atiku, Gen. Babangida, Gen Aliyu, Bukola all contested and lost the PDP primaries. Then, Gen. Buhari a northerner from CPC contested in the main election, and what happened was history. So this is to prove that the North cannot give us a President all alone and so it is with the South. In other words, it must be a Nigerian consensus.

he said if the same governors who went against the interest of their own region in 2011 are now going in a different direction, then something fundamental must be wrong.

What does this portend for GEJ politcal future and the stability of Nigeria, if the hibernated MEND is reactivated?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami / Nigeria Loses $6bn From 'corrupt' Oil Deal Linked To Fraud / 2023 Presidency: PDP Upholds Anakwenze, Ndukwe’s Disqualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.