Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? (2019 Views)

Ladies: What Is The Greatest Lie A Guy Has Ever Told You? / Ladies What Will You Do If A Man Intentionally Touch Your Bosom In A Bus. / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 26, 2012
I saw this question on a German forum and saw the respective answers given by women there. Am kinda curious what answers Nigerian women would give to the same question, so I pose it hear again. Make it easy and be polite.

Question:
Sometimes we see a girl we like while shopping or going on the street, wherever. We pass. Then later we start regretting why we didn't strike up a conversation or chat her up. Now, am quite interested in what ladies think about being chatted up now and again, or whether this would be unpleasant to them. I don't mean a rash approach, but say a decent invitation to drink in a bar just to get to know each other. What do ladies think about this?

Original question

Oft sieht man eine Frau beim Einkaufen, in der Fußgängerzone, am Bahnhof, wo auch immer, die einem besonders gut gefällt. Nachher ärgert man sich, sie nicht angesprochen zu haben. Nun würde mich speziell von den Frauen interessieren, ob ihr es begrüßen würdet ab und zu angesprochen zu werden, oder wäre euch das sehr unangenehm. Ich meine jetzt nicht eine plumpe Anmache, sondern zum Beispiel eine nette Einladung auf ein Getränk in ein Cafe, um jemanden kennen zu lernen.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 26, 2012
I dont see anything wrong with that as long as its tastefully done. You could possibly miss out on a great relationship, if you are afraid to approach the person.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 26, 2012
talina: I dont see anything wrong with that as long as its tastefully done. You could possibly miss out on a great relationship, if you are afraid to approach the person.
Good one. Does "tastefully" not vary from woman to woman? how can one know "tastefully" anywyz?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by pendo89(f): 10:01pm On May 26, 2012
talina: I dont see anything wrong with that as long as its tastefully done. You could possibly miss out on a great relationship, if you are afraid to approach the person.

true true

grin grin grin grin pardon me talina am still laughing lipsrsealed

sauer:
Good one. Does "tastefully" not vary from woman to woman? how can one know "tastefully" anywyz?

Now that is subjective. I know for sure that if one poster tried chatting me up dressed the way he is I wouldn't give him a chance.
Taste starts from outward appearance. grin
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 26, 2012
sauer:
I suppose it would vary for each woman.
Hmmm,Id say, tastefully as in,not feeling stalked.
That he is genuine in his interest and is confident in himself.
Or even kinda shy but not too shy to approach.

Really,just be yourself , staight forward and friendly.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 26, 2012
pendo89:

true true

Now that is subjective. I know for sure that if one poster tried chatting me up dressed the way he is I wouldn't give him a chance.

Now you have me laughing!
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by pendo89(f): 10:13pm On May 26, 2012
talina:
I suppose it would vary for each woman.
Hmmm,Id say, tastefully as in,not feeling stalked.
That he is genuine in his interest and is confident in himself.
Or even kinda shy but not too shy to approach.

Really,just be yourself , staight forward and friendly.Well dressed,clean and with a mind boggling swag.

tongue grin smiley
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 26, 2012
pendo89:

tongue grin smiley

Ahh,yes, thank you! grin
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 10:28pm On May 26, 2012
Different strokes for different folks
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by slimyem: 10:32pm On May 26, 2012
being chatted up is cool but the who is doing the chatting up and how its being done that determines a lady response at any point in time...
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Rocktation(f): 10:35pm On May 26, 2012
Hmmmn...idk. I mean, why not just ask for my digits first off and get going already? You're supposed to be random, remember?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 10:48pm On May 26, 2012
Rocktation: Hmmmn...idk. I mean, why not just ask for my digits first off and get going already? You're supposed to be random, remember?
How about you give me yours
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Rocktation(f): 10:59pm On May 26, 2012
Mynd_44:
How about you give me yours

Nice try smiley The thing is, you're worse than random right now. Why! I don't even know what you look like.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 11:07pm On May 26, 2012
Rocktation:

Nice try smiley The thing is, you're worse than random right now. Why! I don't even know what you look like.
Okay lets see, I have two hands, ten fingers, a pair of legs and ten toes. I have a head with hair on it on that head, I have a nose with two nostrils, two ears a mouth two eyes and a mouth with 32 teethand one tongue inside.
Now you have an idea of what I look like
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Rocktation(f): 11:10pm On May 26, 2012
Mynd_44:
Okay lets see, I have two hands, ten fingers, a pair of legs and ten toes. I have a head with hair on it on that head, I have a nose with two nostrils, two ears a mouth two eyes and a mouth with 32 teethand one tongue inside.
Now you have an idea of what I look like

smiley Yeah...Osama Bin Laden had thesame features embarassed tongue

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 11:43pm On May 26, 2012
Rocktation:

smiley Yeah...Osama Bin Laden had thesame features embarassed tongue
I did not mention that I had a beard did I?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by kilimanjaro(m): 12:00am On May 27, 2012
Rocktation:

Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by kilimanjaro(m): 12:02am On May 27, 2012
Rocktation:

He look like a telephone pole with a wide fore-head

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 7:14am On May 27, 2012
kilimanjaro:
He look like a telephone pole with a wide fore-head
Nobody asked you to describe yourself na

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 7:16am On May 27, 2012
I usually just pretend deaf. I do not like being "chatted up" by potential kidnappers, thank you.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 7:36am On May 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I usually just pretend deaf. I do not like being "chatted up" by potential kidnappers, thank you.
That will explain the signature
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 7:37am On May 27, 2012
Mynd_44:
That will explain the signature

And ppl still ignore it.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 7:44am On May 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

And ppl still ignore it.
They probably think it's a joke
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 27, 2012
pendo89:

true true

xup, pendo!?
So dressing = taste? And I thought someone used to say not all that glitters is gold? grin

Rocktation: Hmmmn...idk. I mean, why not just ask for my digits first off and get going already? You're supposed to be random, remember?
Someone did have this kind of answer on the same forum, but isn't it just weirder asking for digits when there is no getting-to-know-each-other just yet?

Ileke-IdI:
Now, that's a Nigerian woman's answer! tongue
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 27, 2012
That, I am.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 27, 2012
Mynd_44:
They probably think it's a joke
Ekiti women do not joke, we're dead serious.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 7:56am On May 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ekiti women do not joke, we're dead serious.
I have seen that first hand. Don't ask me where
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Nobody: 7:57am On May 27, 2012
"Where else" is the real question. Glad you recognized.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 8:00am On May 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
"Where else" is the real question. Glad you recognized.
I plead the FIFTH amendment
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Rocktation(f): 8:49am On May 27, 2012
sauer:
Someone did have this kind of answer on the same forum, but isn't it just weirder asking for digits when there is no getting-to-know-each-other just yet?
tongue

Yeah, it'd be awkward in both instances. But to a lesser degree if he just asks for my number....after a little bit of chatting up though. That's the least of the tasks that any supposedly suave enough man can manage. I mean, what hope will there be for a good conversation-over-tea, if you cannot wring my digits out of me?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by queensmith: 9:01am On May 27, 2012
sauer: I saw this question on a German forum and saw the respective answers given by women there. Am kinda curious what answers Nigerian women would give to the same question, so I pose it hear again. Make it easy and be polite.

Question:
Sometimes we see a girl we like while shopping or going on the street, wherever. We pass. Then later we start regretting why we didn't strike up a conversation or chat her up. Now, am quite interested in what ladies think about being chatted up now and again, or whether this would be unpleasant to them. I don't mean a rash approach, but say a decent invitation to drink in a bar just to get to know each other. What do ladies think about this?

Original question

Some women like attention, I hate it. I don't think a respectable man with depth and decent character will decide to pick up women on the road.

Very common for black men, women you don't know, you don't know where she comes from where she has been, you have just gone after a pretty face.

I don't appreciate it, and I don't like giving my details to strangers.

But if you are both shooting the signals at each other ooo then I guess it's different.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Think About Being Chatted Up Now And Again? by Mynd44: 9:01am On May 27, 2012
Rocktation:

Yeah, it'd be awkard in both instances. But to a lesser degree if he just asks for my number....after a little bit of chatting up though. That's the least of the tasks that any supposedly suave enough man can manage. I mean, what hope will there be for a good conversation-over-tea, if you cannot wring my digits out of me?
Why can't you just skip Tea and give him the number?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Who Is Better? Hairy Ladies Or Those With Stretch Marks / Girls From The Upper Class Seem To Make Better Companions,why / Can A Good Sex Life Keep A Relationship In Bond?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.