Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,664 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK (21331 Views)

Wizkid Tweets About Song With Drake Topping Itunes Gets Epic Reply From Fan(pic / Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts / Security Guard At P'square House Injured Today(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by papatosibe: 2:12pm On May 27, 2012
Foremost Nigerian artist, D’banj has been telling his rag to riches tale to London’s ITV television following the massive success of his recently released Oliver Twist single in the United Kingdom.

D’banj in an interview on ITV London news narrated how he was a security guard, nine years ago on Stratford and how his single on its official debut, made it to Number 9 on the Billboard UK Chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INoNq0Ru2Ws

Celebrating the success of the Nigeria artist, the television station featured an overwhelming reaction, D’banj got from students of Plumsted Manor School, when he paid a surprise visit to the all-girls school.

According to the entertainment reporter for ITV, D’banj had to hide from the school girls and this is what happens now, everywhere he goes.

Humble D’banj, expressed his joy at the reception and success of his decade-long career which has earned his debut single in the UK, a place on the t0p 10 of the billboard chart.

He recalled how he called his mother to express his joy over the achievement in a country where he was a security guard, less than a decade ago.

It is so amazing, because nine yaers ago, I was doing security here in London, and nine years now, for me to number nine in the whole UK with my first single is just humbling.”

The students in a very frenzy mood all cheered and screamed as D’banj walked into the sports room.

Affirming his international appeal and meteoric stardom rise across borders, the female students sang enthusiastically to the Oliver Twist track, as D’banj taught a few of them the famous Oliver twist dance moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFznZY_-9E

D’banj, who returned to Nigeria after a few of years in the UK launched a great career that has propelled him to become one of Africa’s best musical acts.

He was recently signed on Kanye West’s GOOD Music record label which has led to a disheartening split from his friend and producer, Don Jazzy.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/25/dbanjs-story-from-security-guard-to-topping-charts-in-the-uk/

3 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Olaone1: 2:33pm On May 27, 2012
^^^How are you, Papa?
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Odunnu: 5:07pm On May 27, 2012
Cant you see he's sober and fine? Please stop following him around. He isnt gay.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by cap28: 5:26pm On May 27, 2012
crap as usual- he can only impress 15 year old school girls who dont know any better.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by NwaNimo1(m): 5:35pm On May 27, 2012
See what Dbanj has started . . . everywhere you go in the UK now Nigerian security guards are practising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQGTH4Z9QTc
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by koruji(m): 5:39pm On May 27, 2012
You just keep hating, and let D'banji keep making his dough.

Besides these are the kind of stories we want to be hearing about Nigeria abroad, not the shameless Ibori "I pleaded guilty to save Nigeria's reputation crap".

cap28: crap as usual- he can only impress 15 year old school girls who dont know any better.

5 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by ebamma(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2012
hate him or like him that won't stop money entering his bank account.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 27, 2012
Interesting
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Olaone1: 7:28pm On May 27, 2012
Odunnu: Cant you see he's sober and fine? Please stop following him around. He isnt gay.

I love him dearly grin

Long time o, Odunnu. Hope you're cool
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Odunnu: 7:58pm On May 27, 2012
Wahala part2.
Welcome Sir Musiwa.
@Ola: I dey as you leave me. You no dey try at all
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 27, 2012
angry angry angry
angry angry
angry
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Acidosis(m): 8:20pm On May 27, 2012
What is this?
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 27, 2012
Please fellow Nigerians on Nairaland, we must learn to love, appreciate & commend our citizens when they make us proud in one or the other like Dbanj has done. Whoever said it is easy, should try & make Nigeria proud too & not just to criticize the successful young man. Yes, we know he is making some mistakes in certain areas of his life, but who amongst us is perfect should cast the first stone. Dbanj, congratulations on your new achievements, and more to come...we are solidly behind you...and may God give you more insight to do more things to uplift Nigeria's image & to live a life worthy of emulation...stay blessed, we Nigerians are proud of you & many others!

8 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by unclenna(m): 8:31pm On May 27, 2012
my bro you are trying but be careful. Oyibo will not like a new entrant to top them like that before the use child abuse case kill you.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 27, 2012
cap28: crap as usual- he can only impress 15 year old school girls who dont know any better.

shut up your mouth. . .He made 9 position on the UK chart,did the school girls do that also ? angry
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by manitobor(m): 8:35pm On May 27, 2012
Attaboy Banj!!! I love your story. Very inspirational and motivational. This goes to show that hard work pays. Keep making us proud son. The sky is surely ur stepping stone!
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nicompop: 8:49pm On May 27, 2012
Thumbs up for Skibanj
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by playboy19(m): 8:53pm On May 27, 2012

Shut your gob young man. How many of your so called idols can come out and tell his/her story this way? Even to your president, Goodluck.

I bet you enjoy hearing and reading about the 419s and the drug dealers.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by grafikii: 8:58pm On May 27, 2012
Igbo people don't understand success, while sunny ade and Femi were getting grammy nominations, Oliver de cote or whatever was busy growing bia bia

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by carlos86: 9:05pm On May 27, 2012
grafikii: Igbo people don't understand success, while sunny ade and Femi were getting grammy nominations, Oliver de cote or whatever was busy growing bia bia

What has Igbo got to do with this?Must you exhibit your absolute stupidity and lack of intelligence?

5 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by agiboma(f): 9:12pm On May 27, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: See what Dbanj has started . . . everywhere you go in the UK now Nigerian security guards are practising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQGTH4Z9QTc
lol
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Sike(m): 9:22pm On May 27, 2012
Cool story
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Goldenheart(m): 9:32pm On May 27, 2012
i like d'banj.....cos, i think he is funny with his dance moves......The video is quite funny.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by jspac(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2012
grafikii: Igbo people don't understand success, while sunny ade and Femi were getting grammy nominations, Oliver de cote or whatever was busy growing bia bia
Nairaland loser what have you achieved.

1 Like

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 27, 2012
I fear for D'Banj, his visit to that school might just be the crux of his series of mistakes, and ultimately his downfall. One or more of those silly girls might soon come up with molestation charges.
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by queensmith: 10:10pm On May 27, 2012
O gawd i was embarrased to watch the first video! Dbanj smokes crack! #thatisall

But it's a touching situation, you can see the white kids thinkin wtf?? theyre bloody taking over! lol

2 Likes

Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by adelaja70(m): 10:17pm On May 27, 2012
Why u dey always announce your stupidity?....
Re: D’banj’s Story: From A Security Guard To Topping Charts In The UK by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 27, 2012

Oliver de coque. I don't wish to join issues with u, however I feel ur first line was devoid of meaning & relevance. The trio sang different types of songs (genre), lived different lifestyles and had different levels of ambition; and so there is no basis for comparison.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Yvonne Nelson And Her Mum / Rita Dominic At The Screening Of 'The Meeting' In Ibadan / Iyabo Ojo In New Stunning Makeup Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.