Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? (45023 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by AjanleKoko: 8:25am On Jun 04, 2012
Just what Whitey loves to see.
Sambo and Mlambo squabbling over who is better. Nonsense. angry
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
smokie:

If black South Africans were lazy barely anything would have happened since 1994....now how much have we achieved since then? Obviously way more than the rest of Africa, and even some of Europe, while a black govt is in charge. We might not be perfect, and with a lot of unresolved issues but we're focused on not just building South Africa but also developing the continent, even if it means dragging it, kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

True that! And the fact is, we have a strong opposition that keeps the government on its toes. Xenophobia will always be there as foreigners are often envied however ask your friends in southy if they get attacked on the street or if they can't go to townships don't "assume" you know what happens in SA .
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
ypzilanti: Because while the black people in South Africa united to get rid of a wicked, evil leadership (aparthied white rulers), the black people in Nigeria are to busy with their inter tribal fights to get rid of their wicked, evil leadership (military and PDP).

That's soooooo true! We're all watching where this inter tribal fighting will end up. undecidedundecided
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2012
The apartheid regime left South Africa with huge debts that were preventing real reconstruction and development. In a bizarre twist, the people who suffered at the hands of the apartheid government were expected to pay again for their pain and suffering.

The South African government had a debt of R311 billion (US1$ = R7.50) and it is growing. In the last budget, the amount the government allocated to interest payments was R39 billion or 20% of the national budget .

Added to this debt, billions of rands were owed to foreign governments, banks and other financial institutions, which had to be repaid in foreign currency. In repaying these debts, the Reserve Bank used very scarce resources. The foreign debt was R90 billion in 1997.

So my current government had to work with that. ALL OF THE PEOPLE SAYING EVERYTHING WAS LEFT FOR THE Africans is right, BUT a huge debt was part of the package.

And now its different : http://www.imf.org/external/np/sta/ir/IRProcessWeb/data/zaf/eng/curzaf.htm .
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2012
all4naija: Keep telling your baseless stories to the fools. I would not in my rightful mind accept any of your assertions rather statements as binding in any way to what the topic is all about.

I have checked. It is surprising you are the one who trickily points to a word I used, manipulates it and places it on capital letters to attract my attention to your comment. More like the ventriloquist would.

Stop pointing to the provision of basic facilities in those Townships as determinants of what we are discussing about here, as if they would change the mentality of people living in them.If you can not comprehend very well what my previous comment centers around then it means the social life in the squalor you seem fit the best environment for your likes in my previous comment is not far fetched.

Pointing to 3 million NIGERIAN citizens who died during the civil war only affirms my former statement to be correct of your ineptitude to see beyond simplicity. How in your clear eyes would you use a war to define a social condition of a nation comparing it to your present day country(SA)? Dude, you need to see a psychiatrist.

Whether you like it or not, South Africans are figuratively slaves to the white in their PAPA's land. Open your eyes wide and look around you. Your history and forefathers legacy are more on the backdrop of the white man's pronouncement. They(Whites) define the future and existence of that nation yet they are foreigners who came as not landowners to take over everything in the present age.

My advice to you is to organize yourself and look inward. Embrace the whites and apologize to them for taking the power of presidency from them because black South Africans can't just organize themselves like every other Africans, even worse yet would go about mouthy shits around of their fellow African blacks.

^^^ lol! grin imagine! Apologize for what? You hate africans so much! What's with the inferiourity complex? Stop taking crack I beg... Its not good for u oogringringrin all4crack smiley
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
safarigirl: What has black SA achieved after Mandela, Makeba and Fassie? Nothing! When the West mentions SACANs achievements on the world stage, how many blacks are mentioned? Very few! The cardiologist with the first successful heart transplant, a white SACAN. Most successful Sacan actress, Charlize Theron, is white. The most successful SA team in sports- The Springboks, is made up of a majority of whites, even in golf, another thing that SA is mentioned in, what name do I hear? Oosthuizen or so and the dude is WHITE. The only time they remember blacks is when a case of rape or HIV is brought up, why?

gringrin can't believe the ignorance of some people. Who organized the world cup.,Aliens? grin.

Envy makes you nasty grin
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
jessMena: because south africa is actually governed by white men..mayb a white man shud rule 9ja 4 just one year

Which white man is ruling SA?
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
ROSSIKE:

God knows what toilet a dunce like you was educated in to type this illiterate garbage.

gringringrin
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
cesil92: Maybe because its been a very long time the whites left nigeria. Secondly because there are no whites in nigeria again, but a concentration of blacks which makes the black magic which opposses good things and civilization works well.. Just a suggestion huh?

Lol!gringringrin so they're using black magic on Nigeria! gringringrin thought I'd heard it all on NL! I beg don't say this in public oo!

The people are the ones who VOTE for a funny government and they must ACCEPT that.

Your vote is your voice . Period!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2012
all4naija: Lol... Hypocrite of the highest order. Xenophobia is there for you people to take care of.

Indeed, there is nothing significant that exists in present day South Africa that is not the advent of the white people! Non at all!

All4Looser Whatever! You the dumbest,meanest poster on NL. Go get laid and release some of that tension dood!
I swear ... Its like SA did something to u! Did they deport u or refuse to give u assylum papers or what happened?

This is a Nigerian forum for nigerians and friends of Nigeria so get over yourself.

Seriously.
smileygringringrin
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
khukhi:

All4Looser Whatever! You the dumbest,meanest poster on NL. Go get laid and release some of that tension dood!
I swear ... Its like SA did something to u! Did they deport u or refuse to give u assylum papers or what happened?

This is a Nigerian forum for nigerians and friends of Nigeria so get over yourself.

Seriously.
smileygringringrin
Hahaha...What have you done to my ribs? They hurt for laughter!

I am not mean. I don't buy into this South African almighty in Africa aggrandizement to the expense or demise of my father's land. I would be interested in objective debate if only the poster and South African sub-ordinates stop inputting unnecessary things which are affecting Nigeria into it, like civil war that they unscrupulously place into the contemporary as genocide is going on in Nigeria. There is HIV/AIDS problem in South Africa but I never mentioned it because it's irrelevant to the topic.

They didn't do anything wrong to me. I have been to many places and South Africa is not always on my list for some personal reasons.

I quite agree the forum is a public one meant for Nigerians and friends. But, as a Nigerian I have every right to speak my mind. Don't you think I speak my mind as it should be?

Seriously, I speak what is right to those who think they have every right to prey on the nation and people of Nigeria without thinking twice about it.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by smokie(m): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
kj_hova: So long as educated Nigerians keep seeing d globe through a racial prism, we will always be poor. So long as Intellectual property is not regarded here, we'll always b backward. So long as a man's chance in life is dependent on where his father comes from & not what his brain can offer and as long as Uche/Dogo/Tayo are first Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba before being Nigerians, this country will remain behind S/Africa. Forget S/Africa, Nigeria will remain behind Ghana as long as where d president is from remains more important to us than where d president can take us all to! Chikena.

Amen. And I rest my case. I've always said Nigerians have to stop looking outside, running away from their problems and confront those things which bedevil the development of their country. One thing I love about being South Africa is knowing that even though an accident presented us with Jacob Zuma, we can look beyond him at the bigger picture. Live goes on, and we live it. So to all my Nigerian brothers and sisters, stop obsessing about South Africa, we're doing okay with our black government no matter how much the racist will try to convince you otherwise.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
gbadexy: South africa is developed solely because the organised whites are the ones developing it.Nigeria too was like that just a few decades the whites left the management of our country to us.Nigeria can still be like south africa if we invite the whites to come and manage Nigeria as a coporate entity.no matter what anybody says,i couldnt care less who rules even if it is horse so far they are competent,accountable and have integrity.

This is utter bull by the way. Look at S.A 25 years ago it had no ecocomic growth no foreign reserves and an ailing economy.

Since the new goverment
-1,5milion houses to the poor
-96%school enrollment
-89% electrifaction
-africas first highspeed rail network
-95% sanitation to all its citizens
-the world second biggest road construction works underway more then $70billion though its market by huge coruption cliams
-durban port southern atmospheres 3rd largest port terminal only China and Japan tops that
- the deepest port in southern atmosphere at khoga(nelson mandela bay) not even europe can compare
-second biggest coal terminal in the world
-8500 clinics or should I say primary healthcare facilities
-185 new hospitals build
-free healthcare to all (even though some of the quility of this services are not upto standard)
-5 new power plants with 4 still under construction that will ad more than 20000MW to the national grid
-free safe drinking water too 85% of the country
-free bursaries too all university students that's poor
-60% of all former white companies are now controlled by blacks due too S.A's BEE(black empowerment policies wich by the way white europeans hate )
-more black middel class people than any other country in the world second only too the U.S wich only beats us due to the Rand/dollar exchange rate

This was done all by a black goverment. I'm south african black.

Just look at one place or former township or socalled slum today called Soweto it has a population of 6million pple but today 18years since apartheid has been developed into africas 7th largest economic zone on Perchase Power Parity. It will be bigger then even Sandton in 3years time.

So don't tell me about the whites cause we see them as african in our country today we work together and marry each other day. Stop this socalled colour nonesense that so deeply routed in Nigeria its what holding ur country back

Ethnicity and Tribalism is outdated cultures evolve we as africans must adebt if we want the world to take us seriously

By the way under a black goverment south africa is building the worlds Largest Radio Teliscope that will cost more than $20billion. N.A.S.A has also named a planet after a Black south african who works for NASA.

Let us africans stop blaming whites for our own problems. The whiteman made the gun and gave it too us africans but its us who are corupt and its us who kill each other under a name of a tribe. Nigerian brothers stop ur tribalist endoctrinated mentality this is ur greatist hurdel if u can stop this u can become one of the worlds Greatest nations

One Africa One People One Continent peace out we are all Brothers separated by Colonial Artificial Borders if we don't unite no african country will succeed.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
all4naija: Even if they are given back their country without the advent of the whites they would be another slum-filled(poverty ridden) African nation. Let's face reality and point to where the truth lies. There is failure on the side of the blacks to organized themselves and develop. The brain is where all power rested while the physical strength is just a subordination.

How foolish what do black americans call themselfs as when they are born in america south africans or nigerians when they there forefather have been living in america for over 200years sertianly not africans

Whites who consider themselfs south african and who was born in south africa are also african in S.A

Without white capital Nigeria an South Africa would be nowhere. If south africans don't have a problem with whites who help and stand with blacks to help build the country why should u have one

In the days of apartheid there were whites who stood side by side with black south africans in defiance of the white goverment some of them were even killed by the white goverment. Eventhough there are still many problems with racism and inaquilities in south africa things have changed for the better.

South africa is the only country that has all nationalities in one country. S.A is both blessed and cursed with this.

For your information without black labour S.A will not be where it is today both black and whites have the skill to build our world class roads and infrastructure. I'm sorry u Nigerians don't have reconciliatary spirit that we south africans have, wew chose to work with white pple in S.A I'm sorry that ur 100% black tribalisticly devided Nigerians can't work together without killing each other over religion or tribalism.

Speaking abt Aids yes south africa has the highest rate of HIV in the world
, That's because we test all our pple at our world class medical facilaties something that Nigeria don't have.

In Nigeria people are still dying of Polio a desease that south africa has already eradicated 30years ago. And yip Nigerians also has HIV you just don't have facilaties to test ur population so don't talk abt stats.

South africa has already turned the tide against aids just go read the latest W.H.O's reports stop being jelious abt other african countries u Nigerians beat us at soccer and we don't complain but S.A is way more advance than Nigeria economically and in infrastructure its a fact we. Have more then 40000MW of power everyday u have 4000MW so start fixing ur country and let us deal with our Hiv and whites
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by KiKatanga: 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
Better education, less religious fanatics and less racial/tribal politics.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
snydergp:

How foolish what do black americans call themselfs as when they are born in america south africans or nigerians when they there forefather have been living in america for over 200years sertianly not africans

Whites who consider themselfs south african and who was born in south africa are also african in S.A

Without white capital Nigeria an South Africa would be nowhere. If south africans don't have a problem with whites who help and stand with blacks to help build the country why should u have one

In the days of apartheid there were whites who stood side by side with black south africans in defiance of the white goverment some of them were even killed by the white goverment. Eventhough there are still many problems with racism and inaquilities in south africa things have changed for the better.

South africa is the only country that has all nationalities in one country. S.A is both blessed and cursed with this.

For your information without black labour S.A will not be where it is today both black and whites have the skill to build our world class roads and infrastructure. I'm sorry u Nigerians don't have reconciliatary spirit that we south africans have, wew chose to work with white pple in S.A I'm sorry that ur 100% black tribalisticly devided Nigerians can't work together without killing each other over religion or tribalism.

Speaking abt Aids yes south africa has the highest rate of HIV in the world
, That's because we test all our pple at our world class medical facilaties something that Nigeria don't have.

In Nigeria people are still dying of Polio a desease that south africa has already eradicated 30years ago. And yip Nigerians also has HIV you just don't have facilaties to test ur population so don't talk abt stats.

South africa has already turned the tide against aids just go read the latest W.H.O's reports stop being jelious abt other african countries u Nigerians beat us at soccer and we don't complain but S.A is way more advance than Nigeria economically and in infrastructure its a fact we. Have more then 40000MW of power everyday u have 4000MW so start fixing ur country and let us deal with our Hiv and whites
Stop foaming in the mouth like somebody living with rabid. Are you insinuating that the black south Africans were oppressed by South Africans who considered themselves superior to the blacks?

Dude, keep living in your nirvana and think the mindset of white South Africans was right about one people(united)with the ideology of Apartheid. You must be hallucinating to think the white consider themselves as equal to you. I have come across white South Africans in seminars claiming their roots to Europe and insist on there they have their proper lives. Dream on, blinded black man. Why won't you agree black and white are equally South Africans during and even present with your unfair analogy. You are forgetting to point out that the opposite is the case with South African whites who came conquer the land and take the people hostage. They take to their European root and accepted(most of them still have their families in Europe)by the people. Boohoo!

If not for Mandela struggle to give you hope and try to bring to your knowledge of who you are you would still be blinded till now to accept apartheid is good for you. Economically, the blacks are still wanting, who make up the largest chunk of the population. Please, spare me your nonsense rant and face reality. Stop acting like a hungry child given some cookies.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by KiKatanga: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
all4naija: Stop forming in the mouth like somebody living with rabid. Are you insinuating that the black south Africans were oppressed by South African who considered themselves superior to the blacks?

Dude, keep living in your nirvana and think the mindset of white South Africans was right about one people(united)with the ideology of Apartheid. You must be hallucinating to think the white consider themselves as equal to you. I have come across white South Africans in seminars claiming their roots to Europe and insist on there they have their proper lives. Dream on, blinded black man. Why won't you agree black and white are equally South Africans during and even present with your unfair analogy. You are forgetting to point out that the opposite is the case with South African whites who came conquer the land and take the people hostage. They take to their European root and accepted(most of them still have their families in Europe)by the people. Boohoo!

If not for Mandela struggle to give you hope and try to bring to your knowledge of who you are you would still be blinded till now to accept apartheid is good for you. Economically, the blacks are still wanting, who make up the largest chunk of the population. Please, spare me your nonsense rant and face reality. Stop acting like a hungry child given some cookies.

This is why South Africa is doing better than Nigeria: they are moving away from this kind of disgusting "us and them" mentality and building for the future, rather than dwelling on the past.

All the blame and hatred in the world won't create employment or education.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

This is why South Africa is doing better than Nigeria: they are moving away from this kind of disgusting "us and them" mentality and building for the future, rather than dwelling on the past.

All the blame and hatred in the world won't create employment or education.
Another South African braggart who thought he/she has spoken wisely! South Africa has always done better, thanks to the whites. Poo!

Sorry, your people mentality is worst I have seen in Africans for years. Your xenophobic inclination is found wanting in your statement. Arguing with you brings it to the limelight.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by KiKatanga: 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
all4naija: Another South African braggart who thought he/she has spoken wisely! South Africa has always done better, thanks to the whites. Poo!

Sorry, your people mentality is worst I have seen in Africans for years. Your xenophobic inclination is found wanting in your statement. Arguing with you brings it to the limelight.

No, I just don't think that fighting old battles helps us to move forwards.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

No, I just don't think that fighting old battles helps us to move forwards.
I don't believe in old fight either but fight for equal rights is fight that must be fought for posterity sake.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by AjanleKoko: 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
I think Nigerians need to look at the issue differently.
The fact is, yes, the presence of the whites did help South Africa. But it's gradually turning out to be an advantage for them. The blacks are not as empowered today, but are we not in a hurry to judge? It's just 18 years since apartheid ended, and South Africa has made quite some significant strides since then.

The whites power a lot of the economy, yes, but the blacks are actually in charge of the country. It might be an uneasy alliance today, but it's working for them, and everybody agrees that they are moving forward.

Compare that to Nigeria where there are very deep-seated animosities based on tribe and religion. Things can easily turn ugly at the drop of a hat. Every election in Nigeria since independence is always a traumatic event, and always threatens the very foundation of the nation's existence. That alone should tell us Nigerians something.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by animari(f): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
I'm south africa a woman or girl is raped every seventeen seconds-we have of the highest crime statistics in the world-aids has claimed the lives of whites and blacks not because of some paranoid conspiracy theory but because of unprotected sex- women routinely carry condoms with them as some of the rapists actually are persuaded to wear it-my generation of whites are african and so are my children- we are not colonial slavemasters- we are working together for our country-i know only africa and I love it - no things are not so stable when the upper echelons are misspending money and crime risis daily -corruption has no colour neither does greed
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by KiKatanga: 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
all4naija: I don't believe in old fight either but fight for equal rights is fight that must be fought for posterity sake.

They have equal rights -- but they don't to be fair have equal opportunity. That said there are enough poor whites to show that there isn't the entitlement culture that once existed, now all South Africa needs to do is to stay together, work together and focus on education, so that they can build themselves up again without skin colour being a factor.

But they're largely doing this more successfully than the Christians and Muslims in Nigeria, at the moment.

In fact there is not so much more divide between whites and blacks than between Yoruba and Igbo in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

They have equal rights -- but they don't to be fair have equal opportunity. That said there are enough poor whites to show that there isn't the entitlement culture that once existed, now all South Africa needs to do is to stay together, work together and focus on education, so that they can build themselves up again without skin colour being a factor.

But they're largely doing this more successfully than the Christians and Muslims in Nigeria, at the moment.

In fact there is not so much more divide between whites and blacks than between Yoruba and Igbo in Nigeria.
You see this always the problem with you. I don't know where you are getting that from, the line in bold. Yoruba and Igbo are closer than Khosi and Zulu of South Africa(indeed, Zulu and other tribes do have misunderstanding every now and then). Having political disagreement doesn't necessarily means they are divided. Even in the US, the Republicans and Democrats find it difficult to agree on a particular view and doesn't mean the nation divided?

You have no single idea about Nigeria,dude.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
So tell me what has ur 50year old black led Nigerian goverment done for u so far in the last 20years
-free basic housing no
-free health care no
-free basic education no
-free bursaries for poor university students no
-basic income grant for poor children up to the age of 18years to the value of $34 or R280 a month no

This is what the 18year old black South African goverment has done for its people.

A country like south africa is first looking to improve its education then all other things can follow

South africa focuses on woman and girl child developement cause this is the only way a country can succeed.

What has Nigeria's 50years of independents brough to the development of Nigeria nothing. Ur oil industry is still controlled by the Qeeun "SHELL" and foreign companies. Nigeria are one of the 10 oil producers in the world but still it imports refined oil from the same europe u sell ur crude to.

After 50years still no oil refineries while South africa has build 3 new refineries in 18years and mind u it was build by a black goverment state owned company Petro S.A.

Talk abt a black goverment there are more black tax payers in S.A then whites the only difference is that whites contribute more to tax per capita then black and that's only because of income disparity.

What have ur Nigerian goverment done for u. The south african goverment payed for my Civil Engineering degree while I was in the S.A.N.D.F

In almost 20years the Black led South african goverment has done more for the average black south african then Nigeria has done in 50years of independents for our people. Yes we have our fair share of problems Aids,high unemployment, Crime and Coruption so does all countries including Nigeria.

South Africa's goverment spends more on education per capita than any other developing nation, in ten years from now South africa will see the difference of this the same way South Korea did and still does.

Nigeria start telling ur goverment what u want and stop letting politicians control ur developement. In South africa we strike and force politicians to do what the people want not like u Nigerians who would rather imigrate to europe without changing there home situation.

Nigeria is a beautifull country that has a lot in commen with South Africa both of our countries can't servive without each other. Instead of us trying to put our countries up against each other we both can work towards a commen goal of one day having a united Africa where there will be no more colonial boarders no Visa's only than will europe listen when we speak as one.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
So tell me what has ur 50year old black led Nigerian goverment done for u so far in the last 20years
-free basic housing no
-free health care no
-free basic education no
-basic income grant for poor children up to the age of 18years to the value of $34 or R280 a month no

This is what the 18year old black South African goverment has done for its people.

A country like south africa is first looking to improve its education then all other things can follow

South africa focuses on woman and girl child developement cause this is the only way a country can succeed.

What has Nigeria's 50years of independents brough to the development of Nigeria nothing. Ur oil industry is still controlled by the Qeeun "SHELL" and foreign companies. Nigeria are one of the 10 oil producers in the world but still it imports refined oil from the same europe u sell ur crude to.

After 50years still no oil refineries while South africa has build 3 new refineries in 18years and mind u it was build by a black goverment state owned company Petro S.A.

Talk abt a black goverment there are more black tax payers in S.A then whites the only difference is that whites contribute more to tax per capita then black and that's only because of income disparity.

What have ur Nigerian goverment done for u. The south african goverment payed for my Civil Engineering degree while I was in the S.A.N.D.F

In almost 20years the Black led South african goverment has done more for the average black south african then Nigeria has done in 50years of independents for our people. Yes we have our fair share of problems Aids,high unemployment, Crime and Coruption so does all countries including Nigeria.

South Africa's goverment spends more on education per capita than any other developing nation, in ten years from now South africa will see the difference of this the same way South Korea did and still does.

Nigeria start telling ur goverment what u want and stop letting politicians control ur developement. In South africa we strike and force politicians to do what the people want not like u Nigerians who would rather imigrate to europe without changing there home situation.

Nigeria is a beautifull country that has a lot in commen with South Africa both of our countries can't servive without each other. Instead of us trying to put our countries up against each other we both can work towards a commen goal of one day having a united Africa where there will be no more colonial boarders no Visa's only than will europe listen when we speak as one.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
-free basic housing no
-free health care no
-free basic education no

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
-free basic housing no
-free health care no
-free basic education no

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
-free basic housing no
-free health care no
-free basic education no

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by rdokoye: 1:43am On Aug 11, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Looking at the 'white' factor a bit deeper, you could argue that as at the time the colonialists left in 1960, Nigeria, when compared with South Africa was still light years behind. Comparing pictures of Lagos and Johannesburg of 1960 will show stark differences between both in infrastructure and the city skyline. So what was the reason for this since both countries had 'whites' in gov't?

The reason why the Afrikaaners developed South Africa more than the British did for Nigeria was b'cos they actually believed they were developing 'their' homeland; as against the British that did the barest minimum they could get away with just to ensure their comfort, facilitate the exploitation and evacuation of our resources, and keep the niggas quiet shocked.

If apartheid had continued to this day, and there had been no economic sanctions imposed on South Africa, it's quite possible that -with the abundance of cheap labour and vast mineral/human resources- South Africa today would be among the top 5 economies in the world.

So what we see in South Africa today by way of positive economic indices is the result of the groundwork layed by the departing whites (who didn't do it for their 'love' of the Zulu). As for 'stability': the main reason i can think of is that they don't have a lazy, thieving, murderous cabal that believes power at the centre is their birthright, and are prepared to dagbaru the whole political-economy if they are no more calling the shots.

White people don’t get along with one another just as much as black people don’t. The only difference between white people and black people is that white people have come to terms with that reality and have thus implemented structures in order to keep everyone happy.

The breakup of nations like Yugoslavia, the small almost inconsequential European nations sprouting up all over the place, these things are put in place to quell any future conflicts.

Black people on the other hand, much like the white racists of old, believe that they are all one people, and thus should be able to thrive together as one at the expense of our differences.

Moreover, the white people in South Africa did not build the country, Great Britain, Australia and United States of America built South Africa.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2012
What poor state of mind u Nigerians live in thinking that Australia and britian build south africa even Australia aint that much more developed then S.A 55% of that country is desert with only native poor Aburiganies living there so don't tell me abt australia

Tell me why are there so many Nigerians in foreign countries is it because they don't see a future for there children in your country or are they just looking to extend there corupt criminal ways to the rest of the world. In South Africa 90% of all Nigerians who are arrested or in jail are is either involve in drugs or fraud.

South African politians don't buy propities in europe and america like ur Niaja politians with our tax money and we don't go to europe and U.A.E for medical treatment, so blame ur pathetic goverment for ur poor infrastructure not colonialism its ur incompetent corupt politians

If a nation keeps on dwelling in the past it can never develope history is just history and the future is every second from now leaf the whites an look at our own countries progression for a start maybe then u'll get electricity and good roads cause u still have a victim mentality
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Repubocrat(m): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
Moreover, the white people in South Africa did not build the country, Great Britain, Australia and United States of America built South Africa.
What the heck are you talking about? Laggard!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months. / Lagos State Govt Releases Blue Line Rail Price Structure / GEJ And PMB With Two US Secretaries Of State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.