Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,266 members, 7,780,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:13 PM

When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? (16846 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / CSA-54: A Possible Cure For HIV/AIDS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 7:37pm On May 27, 2012
Most people believe that HIV tests should be taken just once. I've questioned lots of my friends, a large percentage of them have only had the test ONCE. I believe tests should be conducted at least twice a year! (I stand to be corrected, though).
Nairalanders, how many times have you had an HIV test, and how confident were you before the results came out. Also, when last did u do that? Please, share your experience.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 7:42pm On May 27, 2012
I've had mine three times. Once, as an undergraduate. The other ones, as a Corp member. I was very curious and nervous, because my hairdresser had tested positive! Each time, the results came (negative, of course), i breathed sigh of relief. Lol
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Lagusta(m): 10:50pm On May 27, 2012
Hello op!
HIV tests should be done, like u said, once or twice in a year, but in high risk pple e.g health workers, lovepeddlers, drug users etc, it must be done every 3 months.
I 1 ce had a nasty experience when i had to dress a wound on a patient's leg, but i noticed that the wound didnt heal after three weeks with bouts of antibiotics, the woman later brought her test result.... POSITIVE!! I wore gloves while dressing her, but i was still scared, i quickly went for test and repeated it after 3mths, all were negative. Since then i learnt my lesson
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by ikechukz(m): 11:09pm On May 29, 2012
Never done it and not planning to.

5 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2012
ikechukz: Never done it and not planning to.

Why? If i may ask.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
In the school i teach, one of the staff (who just found out to be HIV positive), had s*x with eleven of our students. He agreed to help them out in the just concluded WASSCE @ the price of s*x. Now u can imagine the plight of these young students.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by kwenu: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
As for me its been a year , i had mine own Test during Navy screening Excercise, ohh boy i was so scared before i got tested, the soldiers extracting blood didnt show mercy with Injections. my mother and my sister were praying for me when i told them we were to go for HIV Test,since they know i am very vulnerable to women (You know what i mean).me too prayed that day and Night.

But before the Test was conducted i was shown the test result in my dream that wasnt HIV POsitive, still yet i didnt believe it until the test was taken and was announced Hiv Neg.. ohh boy i was happy for the result.

I shall go for another this year.hopefully by the Lords grace
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
kwenu: As for me its been a year , i had mine own Test during Navy screening Excercise, ohh boy i was so scared before i got tested, the soldiers extracting blood didnt show mercy with Injections. my mother and my sister were praying for me when i told them we were to go for HIV Test,since they know i am very vulnerable to women (You know what i mean).me too prayed that day and Night.

But before the Test was conducted i was shown the test result in my dream that wasnt HIV POsitive, still yet i didnt believe it until the test was taken and was announced Hiv Neg.. ohh boy i was happy for the result.

I shall go for another this year.hopefully by the Lords grace

hilarious! This is really funny

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by mcelis: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
i hv nt had sex so y will i check
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
@mcelis, a test doesn't hurt. It's important. Intimate or otherwise...
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by stepo707: 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
I have done it 4 times now with the last one done around April.Am negative.Praise the lord!

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by mcelis: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ok am -VE
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
mcelis: Ok am -VE

Good for you. Lol
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
Caracta: In the school i teach, one of the staff (who just found out to be HIV positive), had s*x with eleven of our students. He agreed to help them out in the just concluded WASSCE @ the price of s*x. Now u can imagine the plight of these young students.

omg! That's wicked! Terribly wicked! angry
Even if the guy had tested negative...eleven!!! *smh
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
fluid26:

omg! That's wicked! Terribly wicked! angry
Even if the guy had tested negative...eleven!!! *smh

The more reason why we need sex education, especialy 4 our teenagers who think they know everything abt sex.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
I concur. That fact can not be overemphasized. However, the idea is being frowned upon...even by the ''enlightened'' ones.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Tallest9(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2012
march 2012...suggestion on when nxt to get tested
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Caracta(f): 8:32am On Jul 01, 2012
Tallest9: march 2012...suggestion on when nxt to get tested

Well, if dat's your first test, the next one should be afta 6 months. That's when to get the actual result. That should be september.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by naijacann: 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
Just did mine last week.
It was more negatively negative than I thought

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by alaoeri: 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
Caracta: In the school i teach, one of the staff (who just found out to be HIV positive), had s*x with eleven of our students. He agreed to help them out in the just concluded WASSCE @ the price of s*x. Now u can imagine the plight of these young students.
Na wa oh abeg where did it happen? Anyway no cause for alarm Negative lomo.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by yorke1: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2012
Never did and not planning to cos i'm immune to HIV.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2012
I've never done it before.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
There should be a massive national campaign. We can't afford to be another Southern Africa.

Also parents should teach their kids protective sex education and it should be in the national curriculum.

An elightend mind would go a long way in curbing the spread for the virus.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by Joey82(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
na wao, everybody negative for nairaland o.
problem is the test result kills faster than the HIV itself especially when its positive.
u just need to know enof to be able to put it (HIV) where it belongs.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by nagoma(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2012

Why Eleven? Is he a football freak?
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by habayommy: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
yorke1: Never did and not planning to cos i'm immune to HIV.
Which planet you c♡̨̐mε̲̣̣̣ from ...
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by nagoma(m): 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
yorke1: Never did and not planning to cos i'm immune to HIV.

So they all believed.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by lexonah(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
ol of ya ar shouting negative,!! negative!!!......wer did da positives go to? In mathematics :negative,negative is positive o.....just saying.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by emans(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
my first time of testing,i was scared to hell.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by miteolu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
I have not done it.
Re: When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? by fittty(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
Why would I go take a test dat tells me the number of years I have to left to live on earth Its simply just like looking into d future to know when God has destined u to leave d world.... I'll rather live healthy and stay away from such tests

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 6 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / High Mobile Phone Use May Impact Sperm Count, Study Says / Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.