Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Gooners! Not Gunners - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gooners! Not Gunners (4398 Views)

The Best Memes Photoshops Jokes From Delighted Gooners As Arsenal Sign Alexis / Breaking News: Mikel Silvestre Joins Gunners / Gooners And Gunners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gooners! Not Gunners by kaydee(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2007
Arsenal fans are called Gooners

The Arsenal Team is called Gunners just like the Nigerian team is "Super Eagles"

Only a footballer who's playing for Arsenal has the right to scream "Gunner for life" like Arsenal fans do when they're trying to say they will be an Arsenal fan(Gooner) forever.

I've been "yabbed" so much by friends and colleagues that Arsenal fans are a bunch of 'Humpty Dumptys" and i'm on a mission to educate as many as possible.

So pass it on.

Re: Gooners! Not Gunners by mayordee(m): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2007
whatever
Re: Gooners! Not Gunners by Vieira(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2007
Actually Mr Education you are wrong.

The team is called The Gunners and so are the fans.

I am a Gunner.

Gooner is another term used for the fans but it actually started as an insult used by the retards at white hart lane. They changed Gunners to Gooners to insult us but the Arsenal fans actually liked that phrase as well and adopted it.
Re: Gooners! Not Gunners by McOmo(m): 4:08am On Nov 21, 2007
Vieira, . . na wao !
Re: Gooners! Not Gunners by toba1909(m): 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2007
Anyhow you put it. I remain a GUNNER.
Re: Gooners! Not Gunners by adisunny(m): 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2007
Hello Mr Educator

I think they realy need someone, or a team to educate especially people from the Mushinrine Area of Lagos state, They dont known how to pronounce that gunners, they will tell you gooners for life,

sot the best thing for them is to join the educating club Manchester United

Re: Gooners! Not Gunners by kaydee(m): 1:33am On Nov 23, 2007
adisunny:

Hello Mr Educator

I think they realy need someone, or a team to educate especially people from the Mushinrine Area of Lagos state, They don't known how to pronounce that gunners, they will tell you gooners for life,

sot the best thing for them is to join the educating club Manchester United

Get Urself outta here!

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2010 - North Korean Football Team Shamed In Public / Can Football Academy Help? / 8 Horrifying Sports Injuries You've To See To Believe (warning Disturbing Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.