Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? (106192 Views)

Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. / List Of Lucrative Farming Businesses To Venture Into In Nigeria / Is Fish Farming Really Profitable? Truth Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by oc2fish: 10:18pm On May 30, 2012
Before i coment i will like to introduce myself so that you will know where i am coming from.
I studied Fisheries Mgt up to M.Sc level. I consulted for 6 years and at a time the production
supervisor of the the biggest and most productive livestock farm in Ibadan. the company employ
20 fisheries graduate over 40 non graduates.

At the company when we stock 40,000 juverniles the returns is in the range
of 23 million naira the feed cost is at the range of 10 million naira. If this company can
pay the salary of this 20 graduates and 40 none graduate i belive fish farming is profitable.

Fish farming require hard work and taking time to learn the art. As at now i have two vats in my
compound and i make 40 to 50k every six weeks beside a regular job. I spend two hours everyday
taking care of the fish. If all you want is quick money please dont venture into it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by mekaboy(m): 10:31pm On May 30, 2012
clementcro: @Mecaboy, your above analysis is totally wrong, cat fish farming is lucrative, the more you invest in it, they more you get your profit, if you invest like 2m in the establishment of the business, you can be making a minimum of 300k every month after the first 4 months of establishment of your farm.

If you need more information and how to achieve this, contact me on 08060595019
CAN YOU DO AN ANALYSIS OF THE 2M AND HOW YOU MAKE THE 300K EVERY MONTH. THAT WILL ENCOURAGE SOME OF US . THANKS

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by 19naia(m): 4:07am On May 31, 2012
The first year of any business is not to be expected to be profitable because time it takes to get customers knowing you and the time it takes to learn the patterns of the location you choose....start up cost is the main big factor and the start up cost should be rationed off into several years of profits as you would in paying off a loan...dont assume start up cost is an every year expense...first year should expect to not make profit or very little......The next year could not include buying the young fish if you keep small breeding pond which will have few fish making hundreds of babies...there are people who farm insects and worms for fishermen,and the cricket and worm operations take little space and feed...fish castings do well in the soil that can then be compoted back to the worm farm and the worm farm can feed fish and also fertilize garden crop which can feed insect farm and garden can compost back to the worms.....Think ECO system as no one feeds the fish in the natural eco system...if you can invest in maintaining an eco system,then you can have self sustaining fish farm...Fish pond will grow algea,there are fish that you can get that remain smalll and eat algea..rotate the cat fish and tilapia away from algea infested pond and put in the algea eaters and then make a regular cycle,if the algea eaters get to breed so many to manage,put them in to be eaten by the catfish and tilapia....In termite season,one can catch 1 months worth of fish food in one night...the list of options go on..people raise chickens in open land no feed bout for them.the chicken becomes food for people but also food for fish...there are people who collect blood from slaughter houses to cook it into blood meal pellets to make animal/fish feed......The start up cost must be endured and if you like to work,there are so many ways to make it work out....i love fish farm and i grew up with small fish farm in ondo state,but the pond was in ground about 3000gallon and water came from natural spring in the ground with native small fish finding thier way into the fish pond and also open to insects and lizards,snakes e.t.c ,the fish would eat anything of small size that falls into thier home.....i prefer to have land in a water soaked area (where many will not buy the land for a house) And take advantage of the natural ecosystem.......it depends on how much work and money can be put into it.....oCEAN FISHING AND OTHER WILD CAUGHT FISH ARE A DWINDLING MARKET AS THE ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN THE WORLD AND POPULATION INCREASE,TAX NATURAL RESOURCES..THE DEMAND FOR FARM FISH WILL ONLY BE RISEING AND ALREADY IN USA,THERE ARE WARNINGS OF MERCURY POISION RISK IN WILD OCEAN FISH...SO PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO DEMAND INCREASED PRODUCTION FOR SAFETY FROM MERCURY TOXIN AND ALSO THE DECREASE IN WORLD SUPPLY OF OCEAN FISH.....gO FISH FARMERS...

4 Likes

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by mekaboy(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2012
19naia: The first year of any business is not to be expected to be profitable because time it takes to get customers knowing you and the time it takes to learn the patterns of the location you choose....start up cost is the main big factor and the start up cost should be rationed off into several years of profits as you would in paying off a loan...dont assume start up cost is an every year expense...first year should expect to not make profit or very little......The next year could not include buying the young fish if you keep small breeding pond which will have few fish making hundreds of babies...there are people who farm insects and worms for fishermen,and the cricket and worm operations take little space and feed...fish castings do well in the soil that can then be compoted back to the worm farm and the worm farm can feed fish and also fertilize garden crop which can feed insect farm and garden can compost back to the worms.....Think ECO system as no one feeds the fish in the natural eco system...if you can invest in maintaining an eco system,then you can have self sustaining fish farm...Fish pond will grow algea,there are fish that you can get that remain smalll and eat algea..rotate the cat fish and tilapia away from algea infested pond and put in the algea eaters and then make a regular cycle,if the algea eaters get to breed so many to manage,put them in to be eaten by the catfish and tilapia....In termite season,one can catch 1 months worth of fish food in one night...the list of options go on..people raise chickens in open land no feed bout for them.the chicken becomes food for people but also food for fish...there are people who collect blood from slaughter houses to cook it into blood meal pellets to make animal/fish feed......The start up cost must be endured and if you like to work,there are so many ways to make it work out....i love fish farm and i grew up with small fish farm in ondo state,but the pond was in ground about 3000gallon and water came from natural spring in the ground with native small fish finding thier way into the fish pond and also open to insects and lizards,snakes e.t.c ,the fish would eat anything of small size that falls into thier home.....i prefer to have land in a water soaked area (where many will not buy the land for a house) And take advantage of the natural ecosystem.......it depends on how much work and money can be put into it.....oCEAN FISHING AND OTHER WILD CAUGHT FISH ARE A DWINDLING MARKET AS THE ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN THE WORLD AND POPULATION INCREASE,TAX NATURAL RESOURCES..THE DEMAND FOR FARM FISH WILL ONLY BE RISEING AND ALREADY IN USA,THERE ARE WARNINGS OF MERCURY POISION RISK IN WILD OCEAN FISH...SO PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO DEMAND INCREASED PRODUCTION FOR SAFETY FROM MERCURY TOXIN AND ALSO THE DECREASE IN WORLD SUPPLY OF OCEAN FISH.....gO FISH FARMERS...

IF THE FIRST YEAR OF ANY BUSINESS IS NOT PROFITABLE I WONDER WHY PEOPLE GO INTO BUSINESS AT ALL

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by bigx(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2012
mekaboy:

IF THE FIRST YEAR OF ANY BUSINESS IS NOT PROFITABLE I WONDER WHY PEOPLE GO INTO BUSINESS AT ALL

To build an income for the future. Some businesses are profitable in the first few months though but business shouldn't be a quick money strategy.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by nagoma(m): 11:30am On May 31, 2012
The good news about fish fsrming is the falling cost of feeds as new ones and good quality are coming into the market rapidly. The cost of 10kg bag of feed now varies between N4,800 to N3,400 and keeps falling. the feed quality is no different once the fish get used to it. For farmers that have no problem with water supply and have a stable market , the future is bright. Cost of feeds is perhaps the single most important challenge to sustained fish farming.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 12:43pm On May 31, 2012
@jam01 and OP, catfish farming is very lucrative, @jam please don't discourage pple from the business, and the fish pix you include, I can't say I believe you its 1.3kg plus unless its weigh, because the fish am seeing there is small compare to 1.3kg fish. @OP, let me break it down for you, if you are to rent a pond for a start, a pond goes for 30k, with pumping machine, water, all you need is your generator and fuel, the fish, I will also advise you go for juvenile which is 25naira, feeding which is almost 70percent of the whole project goes for 100naira for each fish, before we use 200naira to feed a fish, but with the help of local feeds and vital feed from UAC jos which is sold for 3750 it makes feeding of catfish more profitable. And its before we raise fish for 5 or 6month, but now its 4month which your fish will attain 1kg plus, and maybe 5percent can be below 1kg. When your fish reach the sell-able size you can contact our consultancy, or seek the market women which will come and buy the fish up with 2days, and presently 500g below sold for 380 to 400, 600grams to 800g is sold for 450 while 1kg plus is sold for 480 to 550, depend on your area.

3 Likes

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by esere826: 3:14pm On May 31, 2012
I've had a fishfarm for about 6 years now. It's not as lucrative as people say it is, but it could be if you utlize the right business model. Usually, you'll be squeezed by the fish feed sellers and the large scale buyers.

2 Likes

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by esere826: 3:19pm On May 31, 2012
Its only normal that you would meet people that would offer to sell you their fish farming experience. They might not have your best interest at heart, but unfortunately, you cannot do without them. It's only part of the cost of setting up your fish business. My advice to you is to invest money that you can afford to loose on it. Cheers and goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by Murphy7h4: 9:43am On Jun 01, 2012
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 02, 2012
200 naira? How did you feed them?
@ jmoore, are you putting the cost of the water you supply? cos i am not adding that, because i cannot quantify that. i have a ready borehole at my house and i make use of that for my fish.
This is my simple projection
i buy Juveniles for 30 x 67 pieces = 2000
feed for 4-5 months 3 bags at 4000 average = 12,000
average weight after 4-5 months 1.2 kg
survival rate, lets say 60 pieces
total weight 1.2 x 60 = 72 kg
gate price per kg = 450
total price = 450 x 72 = 32,400
interest = 32,400-2000-12000 = 18,400 naira.

for 60 pieces. so if you go for a larger scale and you stock every month or two month you will be making what you stocked multiply by the factor.
let say i go for 300 pieces, then it will be 18,400 x 5 =92,000. if you stock every month then you will be making 92,000 every month but the investment will also increase,
say, 2000 x 5 = 10,000 for the juveniles, 14,000 x 5 = 70,000 for the feeds for each stock. And get a market b4 you start to rear.
Fish farming is not for everybody. you must be willing and be dedicated to it as the slightest lukewarmness can cause your investment to go down the drain.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by jmoore(m): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2012
@gzib, thanks for the breakdown, but do you buy the feed or you make them yourself? what amount of feed is given to one catfish a day?
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by clementcro(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
@Gzib, thank, many people dont know that the more you invest into the business, the more you make profit, if you manage to have 5 different plastic ponds, then you would be hervesting every month, and each month hervest might give you a profit of like 300k...

The more you invest, the more you make profit #CatFishFarming

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by mekaboy(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
gzib: 200 naira? How did you feed them?
@ jmoore, are you putting the cost of the water you supply? cos i am not adding that, because i cannot quantify that. i have a ready borehole at my house and i make use of that for my fish.
This is my simple projection
i buy Juveniles for 30 x 67 pieces = 2000
feed for 4-5 months 3 bags at 4000 average = 12,000
average weight after 4-5 months 1.2 kg
survival rate, lets say 60 pieces
total weight 1.2 x 60 = 72 kg
gate price per kg = 450
total price = 450 x 72 = 32,400
interest = 32,400-2000-12000 = 18,400 naira.

for 60 pieces. so if you go for a larger scale and you stock every month or two month you will be making what you stocked multiply by the factor.
let say i go for 300 pieces, then it will be 18,400 x 5 =92,000. if you stock every month then you will be making 92,000 every month but the investment will also increase,
say, 2000 x 5 = 10,000 for the juveniles, 14,000 x 5 = 70,000 for the feeds for each stock. And get a market b4 you start to rear.
Fish farming is not for everybody. you must be willing and be dedicated to it as the slightest lukewarmness can cause your investment to go down the drain.
you mentioned that you need generator, you did not add the cost of the gen and fuel that you will use to pump water for 4-5months.assuming you rent the pond as u said, how much will u pay for renting for 5 months
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by dking123: 2:19am On Jun 03, 2012
ogbongenet: Quail Farming,quick Cash:

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 2000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.
FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.
TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253 OR profindeed@yahoo.com
Meet you at the top
this info marketers are here again, pls do thorough analysis and show us that fish farming is worth the stress not to market another new hype.

2 Likes

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
Hello farmers or intending farmer, drop ur pin or add me to join the catfish farmer group, where we can meet buyers and sellers, information and a lot more. 30B92C64
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by yetown(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2012
jam04: I am currently putting up some write-ups regarding the wrong info i have read regarding cat fish breeding in Nigeria and i can boldly say 95% of the info shared are false and misleading. but not to derail your thread i will answer your question as truthfully:

1 Cost of pond depends on area, land and type of pond you intend to have. By type of pond, i mean earthen, concrete or tarpaulin ponds

2 Cat fish have sizes: we have fingerlings, juveniles and post juveniles. I always advise potential farmers to go for juveniles since most of them don’t have facilities to handle fingerlings. Healthy juveniles cost between 25-30 naira

3 This is where gullible investors fall prey. Before you go into cat fish farming, make sure you know your market or better still make sure you know your buyers and what type of size they buy. For instance it will be difficult for you to get a buyer for a 500g fish if your market environments demands for a 1kg fish and vice versa. however, on average, you should be able to get a size above 1kg within 5 months PROVIDED you fed them well and they are raised with the best and healthy practices

4 I could see you really know what you want and this your question will make those that deceive others shiver in here..lol. i have heard where they will tell you, 'each fish will consume 200naira worth of feed for 6 months and you will attain above 1kg'. Oh my God!!! How is this feasible? Definitely it is not and yes i said it is NOT feasible because different factors and condition determine the response of fish to feed at any particular time. Factors like water quality (turbidity,ph,temperature..e.t.c), stress and health. What i generally advise is to set aside considerable amount for feed. for 1000 pcs of fishes and your target is 1kg and above fed for 6 months, i will advice you keep 250,000 for feeding.

5 This is another good question. Cat fish price varies from place to place, in some places 1kg sized fish goes between 500-520 while in some places we have 460-480. but also have this in mind that not all the 1000 pcs will survive and also not all with attain 1kg averagely. However, if they are well fed and raised under the appropriate conditions, you should have above 850kg at the end of the day. So if you do your maths with the price range i give above, you will still make profit. Profit margin however depends on the pond type you choose. Concrete and tarpaulin ponds consume more money than earthen ponds because of the need to change water.

I have always advised potential investors to seek for a one-on-one training with professionals before they venture into raising cat fish. Do not rely on what people say that you only need to read their manual and you are all set to go, it is disastrous as it is a cheap and easy ploy to deceive you into buying their training manual. I am not dis-crediting their manual but what i go against is the assumption that the manual is the only thing you need to read before you start your own farm. Also, make sure you have an onsite assessment of a fish farm by yourself and don’t assume things in your head.

As you can see form the attached pic,these fishes are 5months and 2 weeks old and their average weight is 1.3kg-1.6kg

As soon as i am through with the write-up, i will put it up and people can learn one or few things from there and i hope i have answered your questions. Thanks

olayiwola Farms Nigeria ltd (A div of Penthouse Nigeria Ltd)
olulay@yahoo.com,08090938426

FISH FARMING MADE EASY, NO MORE CONCRETE/ BLOCK/ EARTHEN PONDS, WITH COLLAPSIBLE MOBILE POLYGON TANK SKY IS YOUR LIMIT
Use of collapsible mobile pond is ideal for urban dwellers and a very easy way to raise your own fish.
The mobile ponds as shown above are ideal mobile fish pond for your both front yard and back yard farming.
Advantages of Using a Collapsible Mobile Polygon Fish Pond:
1. It is non-toxic and non-corrosive
2. It can hold water for as long as you want.
3. It can easily be removed and carried to another location
4. Ideal for people who live in rented apartments.
5. The use of the mobile ponds is cheaper compared to concrete tanks.
6. It is an ideal pond for a starter or anyone who wants to start small.
7. With this type of collapsible mobile polygon pond, you can start your fish business with capital as low as N80, 000 (Cost of pond).

CONTACT NETAGRIC FARM:08035188465

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by femiolu1: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
i won't deceive you, fish farming is not easy.
when i started mine, i ran at a loss for a while
until i found a mentor who put me through.

business is business; to be successful in any business
the same principles apply...no let person deceive you

find out the basic principles for success in any business
venture you want to go into

http://www.worryfreeworker.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=53
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:18am On Dec 24, 2012
i read d thread & i understand that analysis can be made base on what u perceive you see.first ponds as earlier mentioned is fix cost i.e if properly done,u dont have to reconstruct it in subsequence years.d cost of feeding entirely depend on if u lack ideas/have ideas.To butress this if u formulate unpalatable local feed,few will be consump & since more than 95% dont float,it sinks,dissolve & waste,hence increasing d time of growth & money spent.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by ayosat(m): 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
Using this opportunity to wish everyone MERRY XMAS and prosperous NEW YEAR.

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by MarcoP: 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2013
Good thread I must confess. Even as a green horn I have learnt a lot already.
@ Olayiwola Farms, well done. I will contact you.
@gzib, thanks for d analysis.
@ Netagric, pls what sizes are available for this collapsible polygon tank, and what are their capacities. Where is d showroom for physical inspection? U can email me: aosuma@yahoo.com.
Does anyone know a good fish farm around Ijoko/Sango/ Itoki where I can go for hands-on experience, and also buy juveniles from?
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by fm7070: 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
Fish business is lucrative, but not as profitable as people claim it is.
Firstly, you must be ready to learn the basis of it, because there are factors that either make you gain or lose. Such includes:

Infection: Infection can retard the growth of your fish, they will be eating but will not grow. As a farmer, you have to be observant aand also watch the reaction of your fish, examine them when you drain their water. One symptom of infection is when you see most of them turning whitish, know that something is wrong and use antibiotic immediately

Spacing: Fish need space, most people think the profitability depends on the number of fish you stock. No! It is better to understock your pond than to overstock. When your water start smelling within 3days of changing water, know that you have overstocked. If you notice this, the solution is to either reduce the number of fishes or change the water daily. Fish enjoy fresh water, they eat better and swim better in clean water.
If you can maintain clean water at all times, you will see magic in the growth of your fishes.

Sorting: Sorting is also very important. Fishes have dominiary attitude, whereby the bigger ones oppress the smaller ones with their weight and size, the smaller ones are afraid of the bigger ones and as such will not struggle with them when food is served. As a result of which they will either be starved to death of have very little to eat, thereby resulting to stunted growth.
Solution is that you have to keep fishes of similar size in same pond e.g. 200-250grams in same pond, 300-350grams in another pond. if you keep 250grams and 500grams in same pond, the result is that the big one will be growing bigger while the small ones will have stunted growth.

Feeding: Feed with good quality floating feed in first 12 weeks, then you can switch to locally palletised feed for weight. I can recommend Coppens or Durantee Feeds, they are good floating feed

In conclusion, get practical training if you want to go into catfish farming as business

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by integrityfood: 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
Mashkov: @ OP,
Fish Farming is lucrative, I can authoritatively tell you that and that is from experience. My advice is that you seek knowledge before going into it and most importantly, you must have PASSION for the business. Be aware that EVERY BUSINESS has got it's own downsides, so when you go into it and you see some setback, you will no be discouraged. I will summarize some key points for you, catfish farming's success depends largely on 4 cardinal parameters listed below,

1. The quality of the fish (Genetics)
2. The quality of the feeds
3. The quality of the water system
4. The structure of the pond system (space/depth)

FYI, if you start with Juveniles (I advise you do this), don't consider fingerlings or post-fingerlings. A juvenile will attain a 1kg (table size) weight in 4 months. The difference in the price of a juvenile and others is significant enough when compared to the cost you incur in rearing them for up to 6 month to attain market size.

Your major cost will be the cost of feeds. The best method is to start your fishes with foreign feeds for the first month of 6 weeks, after this, place your stock on local feeds. The formula and specification is not a difficult thing, that can always be provided if you want. I will not advice you start producing your feeds cos of the cost of setting up a fish feed mill (mini), when you scale up, producing your feed will make a whole lot of sense.

I can go on and on. If truly you have done a soul searching and decided this is what you want to do, I can always provide all the information you need and also expose you to practical experience if you so desire. We can both sit down and work out a detail feasibility/profitability projection based on the resource you have.

Regards,

I read your post and wish we can work together. Indeed, i want ot commence operation in Feb that is next month. because of the fear of practicing ignorant, am employing more than noe consultant to help me out with vital n best management practice till i sell my first stock. i am possitive that I will make it. i am in Lagos and my number is 08025669642 ot integrityfood@gmail.com.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by integrityfood: 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
Pls I need a fish farm where I can have practical experience as I want to start the business on full time basis. I am in Ikorodu by Shagamu border ( Ita iluwo) My number is 08025669642 or integrityfood@gmail.com. I will appreciate if you offer my the chance to learn in your farm.

Again, because of drainage and space economy, am interested in the re-circulatory pond system. Pls is there any farmer in the house using this re-circulatory system? I will love to visit you and see how it work and work out the modalities how you can install for me. What and what are required for re-circulatory pond system?

Thank you
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile about 30,000pcs is available for sale at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.5kg) and female ( 1.8kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Home delivery is available within or outside lagos.
Large quantity attract a discount

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.
Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, by sango otta ogun state.

A trial will convince you.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by manny4life(m): 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
Anyone familiar with the Recirculating Aquaculture System?
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:24am On Feb 08, 2013
manny4life: Anyone familiar with the Recirculating Aquaculture System?
yes, but i would recommend u visit durante at challenge area of ibadan(the makers of durante fish feed),they are vast in it and will show u a model and what will best suit your need.Though u have to understand that the system is expensive and expensive to run because u need light i.e.electricity.all the best
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by naijacutee(f): 12:28am On Feb 09, 2013
Wow, what a great informative thread! Now following!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Beginning A Small Scale Snail Farm / General Market/food Price ( weekly Update )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.