Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Is Black Really Beautiful? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Black Really Beautiful? (7090 Views)

Blue Blood Is Black Blood 1500-1789 – Egmond Codfried / Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by Dede1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2009
slimfine:

@ dede I

you sound quite upset! with that tone, you cannot convince people with your opinion. Just my observance.

happy new year

I would shun any duty to teach an adult the color chart. If you had detected any sign of angry in post, it is because of incessant display of stupidity and inferior mentality by most Africans.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by CushiTic: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2009
Kuns:

I can't understand why black women want to bleach and straighten their hair like a Caucasian or Indian.

Can you see that only Nuwaubians, Nuwbuns, Nubias, Africans, Nigerians, blacks whereever you want to call us have woolly hair.

All other men and animals have furs similarly to what animals have.

We are unique because only us have woolly hair, all other creatures man and animals have furs.

Africa is a land of diversity.

Since Africa is the cradle of Mankind, light skin and straight/wave/curly hair is native to Africa and Africans.

I'll use my own family as an example.
In my own family, our skin complexion ranges from very light [like arabs or latinos] to very dark. Whats even more surprising to outsiders is the darkest person in my family who is my youngest brother has bone straight patch black hair, majority of people mistake him for a Sri-Lankan.

I'm 100% black and 100% African, with straight/wavy hair and brown skin.
I can even trace my family linage to 23 generations and not one single person in my family has wolly hair. The only person who comes close to having wolly hair in my family is my little sister, and yet her hair is more curly than wolly and its dark brown, with light brown hightlights [all natural], heck even her eyebrows are brown lol.

My fathers youngest brother who has never left Africa, is light skinned man, with greeny/browny eyes and light brown straight hair, while my 1st cousin, who is also 100% black and African has ginger cury hair.
This type of diversity is very common among many people from my neck of the forest.

What im trying to get at is, Straight hair, and light skin is native to Africans and Africans. You don't have to be mixed to be light skinned and to have straight hair.

Africa is a continent not a country, we haven't got the same genes therefore we all look different.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fayahsoul: 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2009
I'm 100% black and 100% African, with straight/wavy hair and brown skin.
I can even trace my family linage to 23 generations and not one single person in my family has wolly hair. The only person who comes close to having wolly hair in my family is my little sister, and yet her hair is more curly than wolly and its dark brown, with light brown hightlights [all natural], heck even her eyebrows are brown lol.

Wooly hair is the only true way to know whose genes are predominantly alkebulan(or so-called "black african"wink. That is our crown of god and goddesshood.

If, as you say, that there is  no evidence of wooly/kinky/kingly hair 23 generations down your family lineage then the alkebulan genes in you and your family lineage is recessive. There is contamination. You all are somewhere closer to 6 ether than 9 ether.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fayahsoul: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2009
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by CushiTic: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2009
fayahsoul:

If, as you say, that there is  no evidence of wooly/kinky/kingly hair 23 generations down your family lineage then the alkebulan genes in you and your family lineage is recessive. There is contamination. You all are somewhere closer to 6 ether than 9 ether.

Sorry, but I think you might have miss understood me, I didn't say that woolly hair didn't exist within my ancestors, lord knows its likely it did. What I meant was I can trace my linage to 23 generations, therefore I know I'm 100% African and I have no foreign blood in me, & in my family today no one has wolly hair. Which obviously means that straight/wavy and curly hair is indigenous to Africa and Africans.

My Family was only an example, Woolly hair isn't common among my ethnic group and my part of the dark continent , while curly and wavy hair is very common.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fayahsoul: 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2009
CushiTic:

Sorry, but I think you might have miss understood me, I didn't say that woolly hair didn't exist within my ancestors, lord knows its likely it did. What I meant was I can trace my linage to 23 generations, therefore I know I'm 100% African and I have no foreign blood in me, & in my family today no one has wolly hair. Which obviously means that straight/wavy and curly hair is indigenous to Africa and Africans.

My Family was only an example, Woolly hair isn't common among my ethnic group and my part of the dark continent , while curly and wavy hair is very common.

That's exactly what i'm saying. The genes of your ethnic group is not predominatly alkebulan since wooly hair is not common there. You have lost the royal crown(that's if ever your group had one in the first place). There definitely was a heavy mix of foreign (white/arab/semitic/asian) savage blood sometime in the past.

may i ask which ethnic group this might be?
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by CushiTic: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2009
Over 85% of my genes are predominantly African, therefore my genes are mainly African.

The loyal Crown? Like I said in my part of the Continent very few people have Woolly hair. Curly/wavy hair is more like our *Royal crown*.
One particular characteristic can't describe and label the inhabitants of an entire Continent or a particular race. Its like saying only south east Asians have slanted eyes, come on that's bullshyt. 
Every human characteristic is indigenous to African except for the white skin.

There was obviously a mix of foreign blood in Africa, but that blood didn't introduce non-woolly hair to certain Africans.

Ps. I'm a ethnic Somali from Somalia and Socotra
By the way, its not only my ethnic group which carry this gene, a lot of ethnic Horn of Africans carry it aswell *I dont know about the rest of Africa*
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fayahsoul: 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2009
Over 85% of my genes are predominantly African, therefore my genes are mainly African.

if you don't have wooly hair your genes are not predominantly alkebulan therefore you are not an alkebulanite.

The loyal Crown? Like I said in my part of the Continent very few people have Woolly hair. Curly/wavy hair is more like our *Royal crown*.

Natural untampered Wooly hair is the royal crown of god/goddesshod. The original 12 root hue-man races had them.

One particular characteristic can't describe and label the inhabitants of an entire Continent or a particular race. Its like saying only south east Asians have slanted eyes, come on that's bullshyt. 

Alkebulanites came from the sirius star system to terra/earth millions of yrs ago and have established numerous civilizations throughout the world before the johny come lately's(white/arab/semites/asians) surfaced via genetic experimentation. So these other groups devolved from the original alkebulan genetic template. Groups in alkebulan that don't have wooly hair are not indegenes but settlers either by immigration or invasion.

Every human characteristic is indigenous to African except for the white skin.

Wrong. Those with wooly hair are indegenous the rest are not!

There was obviously a mix of foreign blood in Africa, but that blood didn't introduce non-woolly hair to certain Africans.

There was a mix of devolved genetic material with all 12 root races in all continents. In alkebulan some alkebulanites are 100% pure root race while others are mix but, nonetheless, contain a predominantly alkebulan genetic repository. Every group on terra/earth could trace their lineage back to the alkebulanites and those that have lost the crown(wooly hair) are heavily mixed and have a predominantly devolved genetic template.

Ps. I'm a ethnic Somali from Somalia and Socotra
By the way, its not only my ethnic group which carry this gene, a lot of ethnic Horn of Africans carry it aswell *I don't know about the rest of Africa*

Yep! your group is definitely heavily mixed with arab and some aryan. A lot of groups at the horn are as well.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by tpia: 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2009
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by CushiTic: 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2009
The term 'Mixed' is very vague. Everyone in this planet is mixed whether they like to believe it or not.

Almost every ethnic Somali can trace their family linage, it's apart of our culture.
As I've stated before, I can trace my family linage to 23 generations and not one single person was anything other than a native of Horn of Africa, we are ancient people, we looked the way we do for centuries so have our neighbours who are genetically related to us.

The following statement is by The European Journal of Human Genetics, who have carried out a study in NE Africa.

Overall, the genetic studies conclude that Somalis and their fellow Ethiopian and Eritrean North-east African groups represent a unique and distinct racial bloc on the continent:

''The most distinct separation is between African and non-African populations. The northeastern-African -- that is, the Ethiopian and Somali -- populations are located centrally between sub-Saharan African and non-African populations,  The fact that the Ethiopians and Somalis have a subset of the sub-Saharan African haplotype diversity -- and that the non-African populations have a subset of the diversity present in Ethiopians and Somalis -- makes simple-admixture models less likely; rather, these observations support the hypothesis proposed by other nuclear-genetic studies (Tishkoff et al. 1996a, 1998a, 1998b; Kidd et al. 1998) -- that populations in northeastern Africa may have diverged from those in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa early in the history of modern African populations and that a subset of this northeastern-African population migrated out of Africa and populated the rest of the globe. These conclusions are supported by recent mtDNA analysis (Quintana-Murci et al. 1999).''

NE Africans take the 'mixed comment' as a insult.

Ps. My apology to the topic starter, for going off topic.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by CushiTic: 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2009
tpia:

@ Cushitic: yes, some west Africans have straight hair.

I didn't say they didn't, you should be directing that statement to Fayahsoul, who's claiming all full africans have woolly.
What I'm getting at is that straight hair is indigenous to Africa and African people, and its not suprising to see Africans [who are not mixed] who have straight hair regardless of what country they hail from.

So fayahsoul, are these west Africans not native africans since they have straight hair, or are they mixed since they don't have '' THE ROYAL CROWN ''?
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by jaybee3(m): 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2009
Black is Bold & Beautfiul.
I love me some black sistas anyday
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fayahsoul: 8:29pm On Jan 05, 2009
CushiTic:

So fayahsoul, are these west Africans not native africans since they have straight hair, or are they mixed since they don't have '' THE ROYAL CROWN ''?

Alkebulanites west of the continent [size=19pt]do not[/size] have natural straight hair! They have wooly hair.

Those that wear chemically altered wooly hair are the self-hating perm wearing chicken heads.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fayahsoul: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2009
CushiTic:

''The most distinct separation is between African and non-African populations. The northeastern-African -- that is, the Ethiopian and Somali -- populations are located centrally between sub-Saharan African and non-African populations,  The fact that the Ethiopians and Somalis have a subset of the sub-Saharan African haplotype diversity -- and that the non-African populations have a subset of the diversity present in Ethiopians and Somalis -- makes simple-admixture models less likely; rather, these observations support the hypothesis proposed by other nuclear-genetic studies (Tishkoff et al. 1996a, 1998a, 1998b; Kidd et al. 1998) -- that populations in northeastern Africa may have diverged from those in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa early in the history of modern African populations and that a subset of this northeastern-African population migrated out of Africa and populated the rest of the globe. These conclusions are supported by recent mtDNA analysis (Quintana-Murci et al. 1999).''

What was the cause of that divergence? and why didn't the so-called sub-saharan africans also diverge? and why is it that it was the inhabitants of the horn of alkebulan, which is closest to euro-asia, that diverge?

[size=19pt]Beware of western pseudo sciences.[/size]
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fayahsoul: 9:39pm On Jan 05, 2009
Wooly hair: The royal crown

Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fayahsoul: 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2009
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by JahAngel(f): 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2009
I wish you guys would check out my topic "Are you African if you are not born in Africa" coz many of the arguments relating to our history and what it is to be black or African hold true to that topic.

I consider myself African because black is a colour and says nothing about a persons history or heritage. I would even go so far as to call myself African Caribbean as that again says something about my peoples journey and ancestry. Black says nothing but gives white people a way to classify me just a s they did my ancestors, quadroon, sambo, octoroon etc
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by comfort3: 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2009
yes. wink
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by drrionelli(m): 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2009
fayahsoul:

Alkebulanites came from the sirius star system to terra/earth millions of yrs ago and have established numerous civilizations throughout the world before the johny come lately's(white/arab/semites/asians) surfaced via genetic experimentation. So these other groups devolved from the original alkebulan genetic template. Groups in alkebulan that don't have wooly hair are not indegenes but settlers either by immigration or invasion.
I'm afraid I'm missing something, here.  IF the Alkebulanites came to earth from another star system, THEN how can they be considered indigenous?  Also, who carried out the "genetic experimentation" that resulted in the "johny come lately's" of which (or whom) you speak?
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by Winnergal(f): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
Why do Blacks bleach their skins if they were proud to be black undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by favouredjb(f): 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2010
fayahsoul:

[b]Alkebulanites west of the continent [size=19pt]do not[/size] have natural straight hair! They have wooly hair.[/b]Those that wear chemically altered wooly hair are the self-hating perm wearing chicken heads.

sorry faya,dts not true,you see
my younger ones and i have what ppl term oyinbo hair,esp my
sister and i,very long straight'irun ogbo' or wateva ppl cal it
and am not mixed in anyway,100%ogun state indigene,
so u might be wrong on dt one

blak is beautiful,in any shade
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by smuckers: 5:54am On Sep 27, 2011
The pretty doll ugly doll experiment. We have a long way to go smh. Where does the self hate come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i20d11fGz-0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by lepasharon(f): 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
^it goes back to the time of slavery,the result of willie Lynch,he turned light-skin blacks against dark-skin blacks,the black man agaist the black woman,nd black men against each other,and all that is still happening till this day. cry
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by davidif: 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Excellent topic.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fightforchange1(f): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
pmdaboh: Is Black Really Beautiful?

Today, due to the impending Thanksgiving holiday in which our school week will end on Tuesday, I decided to show my 7th grade Technology students a movie. The movie, entitled Brother Future, is about a black teenager who does not take his education seriously. He daydreams in class when he should be listening to the teacher and taking in knowledge, he skips school whenever he feels like it, and he steals goods and resells it later to his ever-waiting customers. Well the teenager gets hit by a car and is propelled—not into the future—but back into the 1820s when slavery was in full swing. The purpose of my showing the movie was to help the students identify with the age of the character and his learning that education is a vital component of being successful and is directly connected to the quality of life one will have in the future.

During the film, my students’ eyes were glued on the projection screen, which enlarged the movie to such a degree that it could be viewed from almost any angle in the classroom. My students began to ask me questions about what they were seeing in the movie. For instance, one student said, “Why can’t he tell them he is not going to pick cotton in that field?” Another one said, “If I was back there, I would not do it!” Another asked, “Why does that slave have to go around to the back of his master’s house and not use the front door?” The questions and comments went on throughout the movie, and I answered the questions and joined in the conversations that had sparked many interests about slavery and education, or a lack of Black education, during that time period.

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, and I moved from the corporate world of business to teach—to make a difference. I am not a history teacher—although I do know history facts and can produce a decent answer when questioned. But what astonished me is that my Black students (for the majority of them are Black) did not know many facts at all about the history of our own people. Sure, some students could tell you that they were told that lynching and beatings and unfair treatment took place, but they seemed surprised about many things that were taking place in the movie. So I asked them, “Does your History teacher talk about slavery in your class?” Most of the students said, “No”. “And if the teacher does, it is only just for a few minutes and we move onto something else.”

I realized in that moment that many of Black America is ignorant about where they came from. Some of my students did not even know that Charleston, South Carolina is documented as being the place where the first slaves were brought to when they landed in America.

Later that evening, I came home and read an article by Michael Oluwagemi II on Nigerians In America entitled, Mark My Words . . . Nigeria and Africa Shall Be Free. I thoroughly enjoyed what he had to say, for I know, by personal observation, how much poverty has taken hold of Nigeria. I have never been able to get those images out of my mind—and I do not want to—for it is what holds me to her (Africa) in my heart. I simply love Africa and its people—although I hate to see the suffering of my people. However, I think another type of poverty has taken hold of Black America, and that poverty, to me, is cultural and ancestral ignorance.

I wrote an article entitled Disconnected from the Motherland some time ago, and after today’s experience, I believe Black America is also disconnected from themselves and their own African history. We are failing to teach our children where they came from—never mind going as far back to the Motherland (Africa), let us at least start at the point when our African ancestors were shackled, chained, and brought into Charleston, South Carolina and sold into slavery.

I wondered why we Black Americans changed our ethnicity name from Black to African American. Who thought of that? Did someone say it was politically correct to be named such? When I think about how much Black America do NOT identify with their African brothers and sisters (as a whole), why do we love the name so much then (African American). Are we merely interested in the theory of Africa but not in the identification with it? I am afraid for many that might be the case.

I have noticed that our Black children do not mind being Black as long as their skin color is not TOO BLACK. Most of them will tell you that they do not want to be to dark skinned and cover their mouths in a grin when they say it as if embarrassed by their admission. If you are light skinned, according to them, you are in another class of “blackness” (a better class as far as beauty). On more than one occasion, my students have referred to a dark-skinned person as an African. They forget in that moment, or at least I choose to believe it was not intentional, that my husband is African. I will say something like, “I guess you have forgotten my husband is African!” Then they will say, “Mrs. Daboh we did not mean any harm.” I remind them that some of the most beautiful men and women in this world are Africans, and they come in all shades of colors like we do. If young Blacks feel that way now and hold those prejudices within their own race of people, I wonder how their children, who will be reared by them, will think of a dark-skinned, Black person or an African.

Nigeria and Africa in all their poverty is really just a heart beat away from the ancestral and cultural poverty that Black America suffers. Are we allowing our Black youths to be groomed to believe that “black is not beautiful?” Is the saying, “I’m Black and I’m proud” just a cliché? I am afraid many Blacks do not mind being Black, as long as it is not TOO BLACK.

Will Black America’s poverty stricken attitude against its own culture prevail to the point that we are, not only ashamed of ourselves, but ashamed of where we originated from? In our eyes, is Black really beautiful?

I love what u saying. but blacks r like.that cuz that's how the familiwe r raising their children to not care about herimage...I agree 100%.
that's the waht the slave masters taught the slaves
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fightforchange1(f): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
that's the only problem I have with my people...my mother is like that.
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fightforchange1(f): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
and would embrace a foreign white culture....
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fightforchange1(f): 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
I embrace the fact that I was born yoruba...maasai....mandinka.....igbo....luhya.... as African American....

#proudly African
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by fightforchange1(f): 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
reality is we as a people r ruined
Re: Is Black Really Beautiful? by kazyhm(m): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Mother Of My Babies" In Igala Language Of Kogi State / Origin Of Owigiri Cultural Dance; Igbo Or Ijaw?? / Uniben 2016/2017 Cut Off Marks For All Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.