Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Why Do People Divorce? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Divorce? (1113 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / why people divorce too much today / Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Divorce? by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 28, 2012
Is ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ that there was no Love lost between couple or what? Why should I spend a whole lot on marriage,and later divorce her?.. It baffles me,cos I am a Victim Too,I grew up without †ђξ love of a father,cos I lived with my mum. Attimes I see ♍Ɣ father as a stranger to me.I haven't called,or see him this year. Its seriously affecting my life,cos I find it hard to give my heart to a woman. Most people call me sadist, Ψђåt they don't know is that I am a victim of circumstance. I wish I could live better, Άπϑ flush all this from my memory.
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by coogar: 12:59pm On May 28, 2012
Yomieluv: Is ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ that there was no Love lost between couple or what? Why should I spend a whole lot on marriage,and later divorce her?.. It baffles me,cos I am a Victim Too,I grew up without †ђξ love of a father,cos I lived with my mum. Attimes I see ♍Ɣ father as a stranger to me.I haven't called,or see him this year. Its seriously affecting my life,cos I find it hard to give my heart to a woman. Most people call me sadist, Ψђåt they don't know is that I am a victim of circumstance. I wish I could live better, Άπϑ flush all this from my memory.

so if you discover all the kids you thought are yours
actually belong to your best man, you won't leave your wife
regardless of how much you spent on the wedding?
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 28, 2012
coogar:

so if you discover all the kids you thought are yours
actually belong to your best man, you won't leave your wife
regardless of how much you spent on the wedding?
I will leave her,that's bullshit.I wish there is nothing like divorce,†ђξ kids involve are worst hit.imagine ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ really affected me I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ♍Ɣ primary school days?seeing other children with their daddy, Άπϑ mine is nowhere to ße̶̲̥̅̊ found.ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ sucks really.
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by coogar: 1:17pm On May 28, 2012
Yomieluv: I will leave her,that's bullshit.I wish there is nothing like divorce,†ђξ kids involve are worst hit.imagine ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ really affected me I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ♍Ɣ primary school days?seeing other children with their daddy, Άπϑ mine is nowhere to ße̶̲̥̅̊ found.ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ sucks really.

exactly, people divorce cos they don't longer trust their spouses...
yes, it's sad for the kids involved but no kid deserves to watch
his/her parents cuss and fuss everyday. that can also have a negative
influence on him.

what's with the funky text characters? knock it off!
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 28, 2012
coogar:

exactly, people divorce cos they don't longer trust their spouses...
yes, it's sad for the kids involved but no kid deserves to watch
his/her parents cuss and fuss everyday. that can also have a negative
influence on him.

what's with the funky text characters? knock it off!
yes that's true sha,sorry about the funky text,aint using my phone then...can't we have a wolrd of no Divorce?
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by coogar: 1:33pm On May 28, 2012
Yomieluv: yes that's true sha,sorry about the funky text,aint using my phone then...can't we have a wolrd of no Divorce?

a world of no divorce is impossible!
the hearts of men = evil
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by taryour(f): 1:38pm On May 28, 2012
Yomieluv: yes that's true sha,sorry about the funky text,aint using my phone then...can't we have a wolrd of no Divorce?

hmmmm
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 28, 2012
taryour:

hmmmm
why hmmmmm,is it not possible? I promise to love my wife,come rain,come sunshine.
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by taryour(f): 2:50pm On May 28, 2012
Yomieluv: why hmmmmm,is it not possible? I promise to love my wife,come rain,come sunshine.

my dear i wish it was possible but as long as d words divorce continues to exist.......

God bless my husband and my kids,for me divorces isnt an option.
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 28, 2012
taryour:

my dear i wish it was possible but as long as d words divorce continues to exist.......

God bless my husband and my kids,for me divorces isnt an option.
amen
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by feminineA: 3:08pm On May 28, 2012
@poster;sorry about what you went through what couples don't realise is that in the event of divorce the kids are worst hit no matter how they try. So many women and men alike enter into this institution without really understanding what they want all blinded by love.some are so immature that you wonder how they could be a father or mother, extended family issues, infidelity,lack of trust. Lost love and the likes. Once beaten twice shy you can make ur marriage work. Take your time and be prayerful, investigate his or her background before saying I do etc
Marriage is sweet but its hard work.
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 28, 2012
feminine A: @poster;sorry about what you went through what couples don't realise is that in the event of divorce the kids are worst hit no matter how they try. So many women and men alike enter into this institution without really understanding what they want all blinded by love.some are so immature that you wonder how they could be a father or mother, extended family issues, infidelity,lack of trust. Lost love and the likes. Once beaten twice shy you can make ur marriage work. Take your time and be prayerful, investigate his or her background before saying I do etc
Marriage is sweet but its hard work.
the way u sounded,it seems u are married.. I am just scared,I don't even want to think of it,much more divorcing my wife..I don't want my children to go tru all I went tru...its affecting me psychologically
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by agiboma(f): 9:16pm On May 28, 2012
@ OP sorry ooo, take heart i also grew up fatherless and i must say it has affected me in a different way than you. But now that i have a son im putting in extra effort to make sure he grows with his father. Only someone that grew up fatherless can truely understand the total loss of paternal love and guidance they missed out on in childhood. I truely dont wish it for any child, its an aweful feeling to have. Some people grow up fatherless and they are just fine, while others like you and me still feel some sort of emotional hurt. all i can tell you is stay strong and find a wife and make sure you raise your kids.

Good luck!!!!!
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by feminineA: 10:14pm On May 28, 2012
@poster: yes am married. Don't nurse any fear about marriage just make sure you do your homework and your determination will help the marriage to an extent pull through.
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by PrettyCindy(f): 7:24am On May 29, 2012
The importance of having a father cannot be over emphasized. But there are some person who havent lived with their dad wish they didnt. Growing up, we lived in a compound where the landlord was a drunk happily married to his ogogoro. The wife could not divorce him because of their five children and they, being Catholics couldnt because Catholic church doesnt support divorce. They quarelled virtually everyday and it was indeed always a shouting match. We no longer live there but when i discuss with thier second child who is my friend and age mate, she never fails to express her displeasure and lack of fatherly love. Even her only brother never got any single attention from their father. He has never cared and still doesnt care about his 5 children. The funny thing is he doesnt womanise, just loves ogogoro to a fault!
@op, do you prefer to live with a father like that and watch your parents express nothing but pure hatred towards each other all your life (i mean the period you live with them?)
Re: Why Do People Divorce? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 29, 2012
Thanks for sharing that,the man is awful....that's life sha,not equally shared.imagine having a useless dad.I think mine is better.

(1) (Reply)

Bed Bug Cycle Part 1 - Chogon Facilities Services Ltd / Woman Dead In Bournemouth Flat For Six Years Discovered / The Day The World Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.