Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

No Time For Spiritual Things - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Time For Spiritual Things (914 Views)

Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons / Where Can I Locate A Spiritualist In Nigeria To Seek For Spiritual Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Time For Spiritual Things by Dorcasde(f): 5:57am On Nov 20, 2007
No Time for Spiritual Things

How little time indeed has man for any spiritual happening, although he himself, his real ego, his spirit, is a part of this happening, simply through the very fact that he originates in the Spiritual Realm. There is his paradisial home, which he has left in the urge and longing to become conscious.

Here, on earth a man who emigrates to another country does not forget his homeland. He at least thinks back to it now and then and might even be overcome by homesickness for the land of his earthly origin.

Yet he no longer knows anything of his spiritual home, which lies far above in Paradise. Not even a divining of it arises within him. And yet the spirit, filled with repressed longing, is always waiting for the dark walls built around it by human guilt to be torn down, so that it might direct its gaze towards the Light.

Man always has time enough for earthly things and earthly customs. However there is no time to spare for spiritual investigating and seeking, even though it is actually so essential for his ascent out of this world of perishable matter, a place only intended temporarily as a place of learning, of investigating and development. Man should indeed produce earthly goods and enjoy them with pleasure, but he must not place the acquisition of earthly possessions above spiritual gain, which alone mediates eternal values to him.

Only these values, which he is able to acquire through genuine inner experiencing, give him strong support in the beyond, firm confidence, and genuine trust in God. But the earthly values, which he has acquired with the help of his intellect, remain behind after death and pass away like the brain, which produces the intellect.

It is just the intellect that so often stifles the rising longing of the spirit, pushing aside fruitful recognitions and experiences, declaring that it has no time for them. May the human being in the pressure of earthly activity swing himself upwards more and more to devote sufficient time to the spiritual. It will bring the spirit multiple gain, here as well as over there in the beyond, which no earthly wealth however great can outweigh. No matter whether the search for the spiritual relates for example to the question of the origin of the human spirit, its task in Creation, life after death, the spiritual power by which it lives and exists, or whether it concerns its free will, its responsibility, its fate and its repeated earth-lives.

No time for spiritual things! This can only be a lazy excuse of the intellect, because by its nature it is in no position whatever to grasp spiritual things. Its field is the earthly.

The spirit, however, which is eternal, does not know this excuse. It always has time for spiritual things, as soon as and as long as it goes on striving to keep awake its longing for the Luminous Heights!
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 20, 2007
My sister,
we are together.
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2007
My sister,
we are together.
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by Dorcasde(f): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2007
Thanks Enitan, I wish you well!
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by justcool(m): 12:20am On Nov 21, 2007
@ Dorscasde
Is that an excerpt from one of Herbert Vollmann's essays? It contains profound truth. It's really very touching, I hope more people will open themselves to the Truth contained in it.
Thanks for the tread, and I wish you strength in your spiritual accent.

I pray that the Almighty will give me strength to conquer my intellect and swing in the Truth in all my actions, words, and thoughts. Amen.

@ enitan2002
How are you? my friend!
Wish me strength as I wish you.
May you be allowed to serve the Almighty eternally!
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by Dorcasde(f): 6:02am On Nov 21, 2007
justcool:

@ Dorscasde
Is that an excerpt from one of Herbert Vollmann's essays? It contains profound truth. It's really very touching, I hope more people will open themselves to the Truth contained in it.
Thanks for the tread, and I wish you strength in your spiritual accent.

I am not sure, Justcool! I got a couple of articles which I downloaded from different sites on The Grail Message. I have looked through the sites I visit frequently to see which one I got this particular writing from, but all efforts in vain…

Wait a minute………, I think I got it from www.cinemaseekers.com, however, they have edited their front page so it was not there as at the time I checked. On this same site, there are some lectures from the Grail Message in MP3 format, I tried downloading them but it didn’t work. I also got some writings from www.grailnet.org forum……, under the subject ‘’Essays’’.

Wishing you the strenght to grow in FAITH!
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 21, 2007
Am really happy with the number of seekers on this forum that have come to the recognition of the will of the creator embedded in the work IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH: THE GRAIL MESSAGE
i was thinking of creating a post that will give us the opportunity in pouring out our experiencing.
what do you all think of that?
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 21, 2007
Am really happy with the number of seekers on this forum that have come to the recognition of the will of the creator embedded in the work IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH: THE GRAIL MESSAGE
i was thinking of creating a post that will give us the opportunity in pouring out our experiencing.
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by Dorcasde(f): 11:29am On Nov 21, 2007
enitan2002:

Enitan,
It would be terrific! I've been ruminating on it for a long time but haven't been able to figure out how and where. Infact that was what led me to Nairaland and I’ve been observing the trend here to see if it would work. I must say that meeting people of like minds here have been a thing of great joy to me. Let's roll!
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by pilgrim1(f): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2008
@topic,

This seems to be an interesting thread - just by the topic on its own. While I'm not seeking to create an atmosphere on what has been previously posted, perhaps we might spend a few more entries to encourage one another on spending time on spiritual things.

Man is not a composite of body alone. If the spiritual part of man is left unattended with proper spiritual food, the quality of life lived by such a man becomes less than what God had intended for him.

Subsequent posts welcome.
Re: No Time For Spiritual Things by noetic(m): 12:23am On Jan 10, 2008
may God give us all the grace to seek Him!!!

amen!
u sef say amen.

(1) (Reply)

What Happened In De Garden Of Eden. / Christianity Is Polytheistic? / What Is Truth ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.