Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up (18654 Views)

Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss / “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / NDLEA Boss Explains How They Got Kashamu, Nicknamed ‘god’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by BlackPikiN(m): 2:49pm On May 28, 2012
In October 2011, the National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) got a worldwide coverage and attention with Baba Suwe’s alleged drug ingestion. On November 4, he was finally released from the NDLEA’s custody when the agency could not find any drug on him not after he had spent about 21 days with them.

Baba Suwe’s NDLEA brouhaha became blown up due to his status as a top Nollywood actor.

Seven months after the world stage drama, the Commander of NDLEA, at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, Mr. Hamza Umar has finally opened on the saga that almost put its agency’s credibility into the mud.

In an interview with Sunday Trust, Umar said, ”this machine you are seeing here is 99.9 percent accurate. It has never said this man has this and we find contrary. You said apart from, I know you are going into Baba-Suwe’s matter.”

Clarifying the Baba Suwe’s unique case, he said further, “let me clarify myself. You see, before his arrest, I do not know who Baba-Suwe is. [size=15pt]My binding factor with Baba-Suwe is that machine.[/size]

“He was travelling with a group of friends and the machine picked him and said he had drugs concealed in him. When the matter was becoming controversial, I asked if there is a good screening centre here in Lagos.

“I was told of the University of Lagos teaching hospital and I asked that they should take him there. I did so to have an independent opinion from a professional. He was taken there and the Chief Radiologist said look, I have to get my Consultant. He and the Consultant examined, tested and screened him with their machines and gave me the report in writing.

[size=20pt]“Our medical team collected the written report and brought to me. The hospital said in the report that Baba-Suwe had drugs concealed in his stomach. In the report, they said they analyzed him from the head, to the body and down to the legs and concluded that his stomach is invested with particles that are consistent with narcotics.[/size]

“But they said in the report that they cannot specify the drugs by name. They suggested that it could only be specified by laboratories. Mind you, I am not an expert in that field. I am only an officer of the NDLEA.

“If you were in my shoes will you release that man? I did not stop at that anyway, I insisted I wanted another report from another group of experts. I was told that there was another well-equipped place that they call Me-Cure here in Lagos. I said take him there also. I referred him there and they gave me the same result,”the NDLEA boss concluded.

The anti-drug agency has been ordered by the court to pay the sum of 25 million naira to Baba for violation of his rights. This order is being appealed at the Appeal Court.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/baba-suwe-truly-ingested-hard-drugs-ndlea-boss-finally-opens-up/
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Beaf: 2:53pm On May 28, 2012
Damning stuff! shocked
...Except for the minor loophole that x-rays do not identify drugs. However, it seems that proof exists beyond doubt that Baba Suwe indeed had something foreign in his stomach. The court case would be a battle of the mouth against the x-ray... I guess the x-ray will win.
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by jmaine: 2:58pm On May 28, 2012
The bottom line is :- There was no hard physical evidence to match their suspicion . . .How do they hope to reconcile that part in the court of law ?

2 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 28, 2012
jmaine: The bottom line is :- There was no hard physical evidence to match their suspicion . . .How do they hope to reconcile that part in the court of law ?

correct

2 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 28, 2012
BlackPikiN: In October 2011, the National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) got a worldwide coverage and attention with Baba Suwe’s alleged drug ingestion. On November 4, he was finally released from the NDLEA’s custody when the agency could not find any drug on him not after he had spent about 21 days with them.

Baba Suwe’s NDLEA brouhaha became blown up due to his status as a top Nollywood actor.

Seven months after the world stage drama, the Commander of NDLEA, at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, Mr. Hamza Umar has finally opened on the saga that almost put its agency’s credibility into the mud.

In an interview with Sunday Trust, Umar said, ”this machine you are seeing here is 99.9 percent accurate. It has never said this man has this and we find contrary. You said apart from, I know you are going into Baba-Suwe’s matter.

Clarifying the Baba Suwe’s unique case, he said further, “let me clarify myself. You see, before his arrest, I do not know who Baba-Suwe is. My binding factor with Baba-Suwe is that machine.

“He was travelling with a group of friends and the machine picked him and said he had drugs concealed in him. When the matter was becoming controversial, I asked if there is a good screening centre here in Lagos.

“I was told of the University of Lagos teaching hospital and I asked that they should take him there. I did so to have an independent opinion from a professional. He was taken there and the Chief Radiologist said look, I have to get my Consultant. He and the Consultant examined, tested and screened him with their machines and gave me the report in writing.

“Our medical team collected the written report and brought to me. The hospital said in the report that Baba-Suwe had drugs concealed in his stomach. In the report, they said they analyzed him from the head, to the body and down to the legs and concluded that his stomach is invested with particles that are consistent with narcotics.

“But they said in the report that they cannot specify the drugs by name. They suggested that it could only be specified by laboratories. Mind you, I am not an expert in that field. I am only an officer of the NDLEA.

“If you were in my shoes will you release that man? I did not stop at that anyway, I insisted I wanted another report from another group of experts. I was told that there was another well-equipped place that they call Me-Cure here in Lagos. I said take him there also. I referred him there and they gave me the same result,”the NDLEA boss concluded.

The anti-drug agency has been ordered by the court to pay the sum of 25 million naira to Baba for violation of his rights. This order is being appealed at the Appeal Court.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/baba-suwe-truly-ingested-hard-drugs-ndlea-boss-finally-opens-up/

Has there been anyone that the machine picked on without excreting the drugs? Can such a substance be in one's sysstem for two weeks without disastrous consequences?

Umar is not bringing fresh perspective to this case. If you kept someone for almost a month without excreting drugs, it's fair enough to concede he was wrongly picked on. I hope Babasuwe use this publication to further pursue his case and extract some cool cash from this incompetent fooool. 99.9% means the machine would lie against one out of a thousand. It does NOT mean the machine is accurate all the time.

6 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by MrGlobe(m): 3:27pm On May 28, 2012
Primitive minded people still trying hard to defend thier brother even after a competent scanning machine caught baba suwe pants down with drugs sad. Other indepent machines still confirmed it. We know how Tinubu waded in to save them from the disgrace. The harm has been done. Baba suwe ingested cocaine. The machines cannot be drunk/lying at same time as they want to have us to believe

2 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Gbawe: 3:36pm On May 28, 2012
It is articles like these that demonstrate how unprofessionally many Nigerian Government agencies are run. The man supplied several samples of stool and you were allowed to keep the suspect for the period you stated was required for any possible drug to be passed out.

What is now responsible for this ridiculous and highly unprofressional outburst that amounts to defamation of character?
Anyway, agencies like NDLEA , immigration,customs et al are just dumping ground for unemployed relatives of Politicians. This is why this so called NDLEA boss can embrace conjectures when he should simply comment on what is physically proven or disproved.

3 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by koruji(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2012
Nigeria is truly screwed when somebody who claims to be all about science, like you, reads this article and come up with a statement like the below. Quite interesting: "proof exists beyond doubt" indeed.

The man himself testifies to not being an expert, and going extra-judicial on Baba Suwe. He called a radiologist - yeah, like he/she was going to contradict them. Why don't they have a true radiologist at the airport if detecting drugs with x-ray machine is there main job.

Beaf: Damning stuff! shocked
...Except for the minor loophole that x-rays do not identify drugs. However, it seems that proof exists beyond doubt that Baba Suwe indeed had something foreign in his stomach. The court case would be a battle of the mouth against the x-ray... I guess the x-ray will win.

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by jmaine: 3:38pm On May 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Primitive minded people still trying hard to defend thier brother even after a competent scanning machine caught baba suwe pants down with drugs sad. Other indepent machines still confirmed it. We know how Tinubu waded in to save them from the disgrace. The harm has been done. Baba suwe ingested cocaine. The machines cannot be drunk/lying at same time as they want to have us to believe

Go and drop your toga of foolishness and mischief . . . then come back and make your point . . .
Thanks . . .

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Your stupidity is irredeemable and your foolery is second to none. Did I hear you say competent machine? You are really a slowpoke!

If you have issue with Tinubu, open another thread and call him names, call him all you want, I don't care.

But don't come and espoused your genetic tribalism by slandering a man whose innocence is beyond not just a reasonable doubt but also medical doubt. They pumped through his anus, they gave him all manner of medicine to excrete whatever in his tummy. He never for once refused meals and after 21days, nothing was found on such a man and you are here spewing your usual tribal sentiments?

Would court not ask Umar to present or show the drugs found on Babasuwe? What would he show if such a question was ever asked?

4 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by velo10: 3:46pm On May 28, 2012
A really twisted case!
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Gbawe: 3:55pm On May 28, 2012
bayooooooo:

Your stupidity is irredeemable and your foolery is second to none. Did I hear you say competent machine? You are really a slowpoke!

If you have issue with Tinubu, open another thread and call him names, call him all you want, I don't care.

But don't come and espoused your genetic tribalism by slandering a man who's innocence is beyond not just a reasonable doubt but also medical doubt. They pumped through his anus, they gave him all manner of medicine to excrete whatever in his tummy. He never for once refused meals and after 21days, nothing was found on such a man and you are here spewing your usual tribal sentiments?

Would court not ask Umar to present or show the drugs found on Babasuwe? What would he show if such a question was ever asked?

My brother, you see why I keep saying it on NL that some are indoctrinated in hatred and prejudice from the womb to the point they simply cannot help themselves? Why not simply accept what is physically proven/disproved instead of this ugly and bigoted tirade seeking to malign an ethnic group? Next minute, the same id.i.ots and fools , despite openly displaying ethnic prejudice, will tell you that you are the bigoted one who hates them because of their ethnic origin.

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Akanbiedu(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2012
Gbawe: It is articles like these that demonstrate how unprofessionally many Nigerian Government agencies are run. The man supplied several samples of stool and you were allowed to keep the suspect for the period you stated was required for any possible drug to be passed out.

What is now responsible for this ridiculous and highly unprofressional outburst that amounts to defamation of character?
Anyway, agencies like NDLEA , immigration,customs et al are just dumping ground for unemployed relatives of Politicians. This is why this so called NDLEA boss can embrace conjectures when he should simply comment on what is physically proven or disproved.

LMAO. So true.
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Ejine(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2012
If this is true, then it goes to show how dead and worthless our government agencies are.

That's if the story's even true.
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by kombats: 5:11pm On May 28, 2012
una neva see anything
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by miteolu(m): 5:18pm On May 28, 2012
NDLEA should dispose these fake scanners and employ graduate juju (herbalist) guys.

3 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by ebamma(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2012
baba suwe babalawo strong well well

2 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by stagger: 5:20pm On May 28, 2012
Pay the man his 25million jor! Wetin be all dis dogo turaci?
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by chosen04(f): 5:22pm On May 28, 2012
Its Obvious that BABA SUWE ingested the hard drugs.. . . . .The way the court expressly heard the matter and awarded damages within few days still makes it obvious that something was fishy . .. . . .

. . .Is it not same niGERia court that takes weeks to call a case for (1) mention (2)Substition of Motion(s) (3) Adoption (4) Agrument (5) Judgement etc

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Bright2(m): 5:24pm On May 28, 2012
Dis case get as e get oo! Up till now NDLEA is still owing dis man after all d insult,publicising his picture while in d toilet etc.

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by MrGlobe(m): 5:25pm On May 28, 2012
I dont care what you think, Baba Suwe was caught with drugs. A machine detected him with it. They can try to squeeze this story all they want. Baba suwe was caught with drugs. The Ndlea at a time even suspected juju. Baba suwe never protested when he was caught. It was after the ground work and some delays that he started protesting. This detecting machine has been in use and so far as I know, it is competent. You can continue defending him as if you were in his tummy and as if you didnt hear the news of him being caught as I did! Bigots
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by MrGlobe(m): 5:26pm On May 28, 2012
I dont care what you think, Baba Suwe was caught with drugs. A machine detected him with it. They can try to squeeze this story all they want. Baba suwe was caught with drugs. The Ndlea at a time even suspected juju - which is not out of place. Baba suwe never protested when he was caught. It was after the ground work and some delays that he started protesting. This detecting machine has been in use and so far as I know, it is competent. You can continue defending him as if you were in his tummy and as if you didnt hear the news of him being caught as I did! Bigots
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by niyitogun(m): 5:29pm On May 28, 2012
The one out of 1000 times (99.9% efficiency according to him) that the machine fails and the ignoramous still insist the man had drugs inside of him due to radiological evidence alone despite purging himm, testing his stool and holding him for 21 days...this ndlea official seriously needs more education....they had better pay him for the hardship caused by them...Thank God for the rule of law in this case.

1 Like

Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 28, 2012
NDLEA no sabi say JAZZ dey,their are some that it is only when they eat ewedu that they can now xcrete or vomit d damn sugar.Ogun wa
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by jmaine: 5:30pm On May 28, 2012
chosen04: Its Obvious that BABA SUWE ingested the hard drugs.. . . . .The way the court expressly heard the matter and awarded damages within few days still makes it obvious that something was fishy . .. . . .

. . .Is it not same niGERia court that takes weeks to call a case for (1) mention (2)Substition of Motion(s) (3) Adoption (4) Agrument (5) Judgement etc

Mind explaining further what is "Fishy" about his awarded damages . . . .
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by olafolarin(m): 5:30pm On May 28, 2012
NDLEA slipped seriously on the Baba Suwe's case.
This interview by the NDLEA official might give Baba Suwe to sue for defamation of character.
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by juman(m): 5:33pm On May 28, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by papatosibe: 5:34pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf: Damning stuff! shocked

I have something foreign in my stomach all the time. It is called AKAMU! very foreign, I should be violated for that?
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by malc619(m): 5:43pm On May 28, 2012
he was finally released from the NDLEA’s custody when the agency could not find any drug on him [/b]not after he had spent about [b]21 days [/b]with them.
The hospital said in the report that Baba-Suwe had drugs concealed in his stomach. In the report, they said they analyzed him from the head, to the body and down to the legs and concluded that [b]his stomach is invested with particles that are consistent with narcotics
I wonder why this guy is even talking.... shocked shocked
He claims the suspect ingested drugs yet after 21 days you found nothing on him.
So what do you want us to do
If you cannot prove your case then you don't have one.
Their inability to find the drugs on him makes a rubbish of the whole case
These guys are very inefficient and unserious.
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by escobar07(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2012
This case is simply a mystery.
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by Havilah93(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2012
What are we to believe now?
Re: Baba Suwe Truly Ingested Hard Drugs—ndlea Boss Finally Opens Up by polokor60(m): 6:04pm On May 28, 2012
incompetent ndlea folks fighting a lost battle.abeg make una give baba suwe im money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s Certificate: PDP Will Head To Court – Osuntokun / Social Media Our Greatest Nightmare- Lai Mohammed / I Am PDP Candidate, Nobody Can Stop Me – Jimoh Ibrahim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.