Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud (7866 Views)

Photos Of Aliko Dangote's $30M House In Abuja / Court Extradites Nigerian To Us For N125.3m Fraud / Mark And Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by jookco(m): 7:55am On May 29, 2012

Justice James Tsoho of the Federal High Court in Lagos Monday granted the request of the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke (SAN), for one Mr. Godwin Chiedo Nzeocha, to be extradited to the United States of America to face criminal charges over an alleged $30 million Health Care Benefit Fund fraud.

Nzeocha, 54, worked with the City Nursing Services in Houston, Texas, US as a Physical Therapist Aide between 2007 and 2009.

In US, he was alleged to have conspired with others and submitted claims worth $45 million to the Medicare and Medicaid for health care services on behalf of some patients who were beneficiaries of the health insurance claims.

Nzeocha and his accomplices were paid $30 million but failed to remit the funds to the beneficiaries.

Consequently, he was dragged before a US District Court in the Southern District of Texas, Houston by the US Department of Justice on October 19, 2009 for offences bordering on conspiracy to commit healthcare fraud, money laundering and mail fraud.

Rather than face his trial, Nzeocha fled to Nigeria. In his ruling, Justice Tsoho agreed with the prosecution that the extradition application was competent and that the alleged offences which are the basis of the extradition request are returnable offences.

He therefore ruled that accused be extradited to US to face trial within a period of one month. Nzeocha was arrested in June 2011 by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) following a petition from the Legal Attaché to the US Consular Office, Lagos, on behalf of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Part of his extradition charges read: “Conspiracy to commit health care fraud in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1349, carrying penalty on conviction of a fine of up to $250,000, or imprisonment of not more than ten (10) years, or both; supervised released of not more than three years; a special assessment of $100.00 for each convicted offence.”

Indictment with health care fraud in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1347, carrying penalty on conviction of a fine of up to $250,000, or imprisonment of (10) years, or both; supervised released of not more than three (3) years; and a special assessment of $100.000 for each convicted offence.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/court-extradites-nigerian-to-us-over-30m-fraud/116827/

www.africagist.com
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by doctokwus: 9:19am On May 29, 2012
If only some of dis fraud perpetuated by our politicians affected d western nations,esp d US& UK,as dis one did,we wud av seen far more convictions& d nation wud av bn d better for it

3 Likes

Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by chrisvicch: 1:32pm On May 29, 2012
Why is it that almost all the news on Nairaland don't have picture? I believe a case of this magnitude should have at least one picture. It is high time I start to neglect any news of this magnitude without a picture. "ThisDayNews" must be a joke for providing such thing they called a picture".
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Pennywise(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2012
If I understand the US criminal justice system well (and I think I do), this man is going to die in prison.

His brothers in Nigeria can begin the process of sharing his loot b/c he aint coming back in this life time
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Skywalker5(m): 1:42pm On May 29, 2012
US dey vex now. They just keep carrying people from any country now wey don mess up for their side. I wont be surprised if they start extraditing Yahoo boys.
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by member479760: 1:44pm On May 29, 2012
na today, many of them operating medical office are like that, the medical doctors never satisfy in life despite of the huge wages.
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by ifeci: 1:47pm On May 29, 2012
If I understand the US criminal justice system well (and I think I do), this man is going to die in prison.

His brothers in Nigeria can begin the process of sharing his loot b/c he aint coming back in this life time

better for him because if the don't do that, the guy go carry the money contest election; win!, corruption continues.

3 Likes

Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Raxxye(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2012
Good for him; I wish he gets both the imprisonment and the fine! I also wish he gets deported back to serve his jail term in one of Nigeria‘s overcrowded prisons. I bet he‘ll be completely reformed afterwards, and wouldn‘t want to touch stolen money with a six-foot pole!
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 29, 2012
Sky-walker:

Do you really have to go this low?

$30 million greenback is a large sum of money and those in the class of Ajuda can pull that off ! cheesy
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by aljharem(m): 1:52pm On May 29, 2012
^^^^^^^^

Why do you always tribalise issues ?
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by zangiff(m): 2:04pm On May 29, 2012
whats wrong with our nigerian guys when it comes to money.corruption everywhere.
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by velo10: 2:05pm On May 29, 2012
With that kind of money Uncle Sam would hunt you to wherever

1 Like

Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by dr12digits: 2:05pm On May 29, 2012
The US should stop playing high standard. When it was their citizen defrauding Nigeria (Haliburton) they opted for settlement.

What is good for d goose should as well be good for d gander. Our Judiciary only live to their expectation when a politician is not involved

Until our judiciary is re-structured and re-positioned to be d last bus stop of d common man, I'm afraid our democracy will only be a laughing stock in d eyes of the wider society.
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by toyemz(f): 2:10pm On May 29, 2012
Wow
was this guy living big in nigeria?
solid case of the evil that men do living after them?
especially in US?
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^

because charity ought to begin at home but nobody wants to address the fact that ibos are very criminally-minded bunch with moral decadence !

2 Likes

Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^

Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by SisiKill1: 2:21pm On May 29, 2012
People know topic like these will bring out the psychotic tribalist, I mean the sky is blue, water is wet, NL Tribalist will always be triblists, so what's new yet you guys react like this is something you have never experienced and before you know it. . .the thread has gone downhill.

Ignore them because when you don't you are only validating them and this is what they want.
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill: People know topic like these will bring out the psychotic tribalist, I mean the sky is blue, water is wet, NL Tribalist will always be triblists, so what's new yet you guys react like this is something you have never experienced and before you know it. . .the thread has gone downhill.

Ignore them because when you don't you are only validating them and this is what they want.

Where is your sagamite??

Tell him to meet on that thread, sisi. cool
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 29, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 29, 2012
I hapen 2 knw d man. He is 4rm delta state. His moda is 4rm ondo state and he marid 4rm edo state
Re: Court Extradites Chiedo Nzeocha To US Over $30m Fraud by daomi(m): 3:04pm On May 29, 2012
nakedall: na today, many of them operating medical office are like that, the medical doctors never satisfy in life despite of the huge wages.

who say make u no go school? U think say 2 read medicine na moin-moin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Arrests Generals,senior Officers For Letting Boko Haram Take Baga / 13 Illegal Fuel Stations Sealed In Akwa Ibom State / Osinbajo: It’s Time For Executive, Legislature To Focus On Welfare Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.