Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (37942 Views)

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Applicants For 2012/2013 .check In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by SmartNaija(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2012
I think the president would have done better in renaming either June 12 or the stadium in Abuja after MKO, and not UNILAG which might have been better names after Gani Fawehinmi if necessary

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Monimatic(m): 10:48am On May 29, 2012
Thousands of unilag students sorry i mean to say thousand of MAULAS are currently protesting the renaming of their university.
President jonathan has started another controversy again with this decision.
But i thought the south westerners (yoruba) have been agitating over the past years for the immortalisation of mko abiola, so jonathan has immortalize mko abiola by renaming a university after him, so why the protest?

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Coefficient(m): 10:48am On May 29, 2012
This is beautiful nonsense on a tuesday morning!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by librangyps(f): 10:48am On May 29, 2012
♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª rflmfao muheehehehe cheesy

sirwebs: From Twitter:

Boy: So what school are you in?
Girl: Moshood Abiola University
Boy: Oh, That's in Ekiti, right?
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 10:49am On May 29, 2012
Reference:

Loss of value because of a change of name?? I can't believe this.

Psychopathic thinking I tell ya. grin
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 10:50am On May 29, 2012
so I should go back and edit my cv to say that I GRADUATED FROM MAU? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by brabus(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2012
[size=20pt]GEJ-the-Transformer[/size]

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by megapriest(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2012
sirwebs: From Twitter:

Boy: So what school are you in?
Girl: Moshood Abiola University
Boy: Oh, That's in Ekiti, right?
..Guy u must be stupid.why EKITI?.i tot MKO is 4rm OGUN
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by jspac(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2012
No more unilag swag/guys/babes.
Menh check out my MALU babe grin
jona carry go no mind dem lagos guys with their MALU Swag grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ofonex: 10:51am On May 29, 2012
Better still, u can call it(UNILAG) MAULAG.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tushbobo(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2012
This guy is just so unintelligent.Abiola did more harm than good to this country by sponsoring military coups.Thats the main reason he couldnt get the presidency he wanted. Why rename a Unilag after him? "Unilag" should be left at that please

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by jspac(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2012
lestat: so I should go back and edit my cv to say that I GRADUATED FROM MAU? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MALU
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by valencia25(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2012
Employer:wah skul did u attend.

Aplicant:MAU sir

employa:wtf is dat,is it a poly?we need graduates nt HND holdaz..lmao"
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 10:52am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

There used to be a university of ife until it was named after Awolowo.All you need is get use to the new nomemclature !
guy,i know u r a yoruba with d way u defend and attack igbo's in NL but for once think outside the bracket and see how this z a wrong step...evn yorubas despise the move by the president..am igbo but what d presido did z not making sense...down hia in east, IMSU was renamed EVAN ENWEREM UNI but pple went against it and 'twas changed back...evn wen ojukwu was abt to hv UNN renamed afta him, ndigbo refused...UNILAG as a name oozes with respect and class, renaming it with MAU lowers its prestige and am not trying to disrespect abiola...hv nothing against him for real..
My 2cents sha

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ateka7777: 10:52am On May 29, 2012
I graduated from OAU Ile - ife , but in all sincerity I would have prefered the university still remains University of Ife as it was once originally. Naming universities after individuals to me is not the best as these institutions suffer identity challenges abroad especially when coming from 3rd world countries. I was thinking the FG would institute a sincere foundation in his honour .

Also, on the other hand assuming the FG was restricted to a corner ,they could have renamed University of Agriculture Abeokuta his home town to ABIOLA UNIVERSITY and reverted Abiola poly to Ogun poly.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by yamakuza: 10:52am On May 29, 2012
bashy_demy: When will U.I be named Lamidi Adedibu University?

abeg, make dem keep am for Soyinka.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 10:53am On May 29, 2012
Immortalise Abiola for what?

Giving us IBB?

Election he supposedly won in 12th June 1993 was organised by the same IBB and was not free and fair. (IBB handpicked the contestants of those electioons

Make a no vex angry

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Elgaxton(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2012
not bad!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 10:53am On May 29, 2012
js_pac: No more unilag swag/guys/babes.
Menh check out my MALU babe grin
jona carry go no mind dem lagos guys with their MALU Swag grin

Lmao @ malu swag. . .you guys wont kill me with laugh.Apatijabo cheesy cheesy #fallinghand courtesy of jonathan. grin
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by SkySpirit(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2012
I am actually not in support of this renaming, I think the National Stadium should have been renamed after Abiola instead of altering the prestige of UNILAG. So we would have Moshood Abiola University Teaching Hospital as well etc. Ms view is that since he was the Pillar of Sports in Africa, then a stadium like the National Stadium in Lagos would give double effect i.e Immortalizing MKO & warming his way to the hearts of the SW, which I think is the ultimate goal he intends to achieve.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by ayolinger(m): 10:53am On May 29, 2012
Not trying to be controversial, I like MKO as a person, but that's not enough to deface the prestige UNILAG hold and respect it command all over the world; As far as am concerned, GEJ is a Position miss Road...

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by mortee: 10:54am On May 29, 2012
If Uncle Jona is so desperate to win the west to his side, I think he should have just gone ahead to rename the National Assembly as The MKO Abiola Assembly. I'm sure this would have won him the respect and love of the entire country. Rubbish! Alainikanse to n da ipari osu...

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by omenziate(m): 10:54am On May 29, 2012
Boy : what school do u attend?
Girl: Moshood abiola
Boy: the poly or the uni?
Girl : no o, the uni o.
Boy: you will still b razz sha.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Jamesqu(m): 10:55am On May 29, 2012
People are always afraid of change. There's nothing special in changing the name from UNILAG. Infact akokites should be glad the school is now associated with a freedom fighter and not a disguised looter. At least there is Sani Abacha Stadium, what if someone dumber had proposed Sani Abacha University Akoka.

A lot of noise was rasied in renaming Uni-Ife back then, is everyone not wearing OAU now with pride? Yeah, this is some cheap political point being scored but Moshood Kasimawo Abiola is one of the greatest Nigerians in the last 30 years, so don't discount the name because of GEJ or the current circumstance.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 10:55am On May 29, 2012
GenBuhari: Immortalise Abiola for what?

Giving us IBB?

Election he supposedly won in 12th June 1993 was organised by the same IBB and was not free and fair. (IBB handpicked the contestants of those electioons

Make a no vex angry

You've started your usual madness again abi. He handpicked him,won and cancelled the election ? See how minute your brain is or will IBB had cancelled the election if Tofa had won ? tongue
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by yamakuza: 10:56am On May 29, 2012
Reference:

Loss of value because of a change of name?? I can't believe this.

a good name is more valuable than gold and silver.

So says the Good Book.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by nitrogen(m): 10:57am On May 29, 2012
Sebi na unilag to MALU, others will be
U.I to LAU(lamidi Adedibu University), Unilorin to SAU(Saraki university), Uniosun to OMU(Omisore University), Niger delta uni to GEJU(GEJ uni), and Uniabuja to BIU(Baba Iyabo University).
Nawa for gej o.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by KINGAlli(m): 10:58am On May 29, 2012
Try change your father's Name to Moshood Abiola to Immortalize him...Cant they Name d School after a True HERO? Itz a Pity!
~Bluetooth:

It's called immortalize and please stop acting like an illiterate ! tongue

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by megapriest(m): 10:58am On May 29, 2012
GEJ is synonymous 2 Dullness,why must u take away d pride of Lagos.by d way there is a Moshood Abiola Poly.why not place MkO face in 1of d propose currency.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by sammirano: 10:58am On May 29, 2012
atleast this is the first time GEJ is thinking straight, way forward. nice one UP MKO abiola apata nla ni o
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by festuskol(m): 10:58am On May 29, 2012
Breaking news: d students of unilag r presently protesthng on droads. They r mot happy wt d name change.
Someone said jonathan just removed d swag in Unilag.
As much as i agree dt abiola needs 2be honoured, i dont think dt Jonathan has don enough 2deserve praise n commendation 4being d sittin president 2do so.
He has accomplished little n simplywants 2accrue praise 2himself 4immortalizing M.K.O.
Smart advisers, imagine of all his speech about achievement in d last one yr, all we shall be debating on is his last line,
'i hereby rename Unilag, MoshoodAbiola University Lagos(MAUL)'.
Very smart advisers always givin us sth 2argue over.
D students do not hate Abiola, butwhy not name june 12 as democracy day 2really honour.
Maopoly in ogun was name after Abiola already.
Is he tryin 2pay yorubas back 4votin 4him in 2011 or preparing 4their votes in 2015, or what?(just thinkin out loud).
God bles d federal republic of Nigeria n God plsz help uncle Jonnah.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Latest Update On AGBAMI Scholarship 2015 Application / ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death / The Two Main Types Of First Class Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.