Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:15 PM

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (37880 Views)

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Applicants For 2012/2013 .check In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:24am On May 29, 2012
mcnepow: cheesy cheesy UNILAG FM now becomes MFM! grin
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:25am On May 29, 2012
JONATHAN DECISION ARE ALWAYS IN THE WRONG DIRECTION...

WHY TAKE THE GLORY OF UNILAG?

WHO MKO?
WHAT IMPACT AS HE MAKE TO NIGERIA?
DO NOT COMPARE AWOLOWO TO MKO

GEJ DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT?

1. GIVE US GOOD ROAD (NAME THOSE ROAD ANYTHING YOU LIKE)
2. GIVE US ELECTRICITY (NAME THE COMPANY THE NAME YOU LIKE)
3. WE NEED FOOD (NOT GEJ BISCUIT (WE ARE NOT YOUR BABY))
4. PROVIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY (NAME THE COMPANIES ANY NAME TOO WE DO NOT CARE)
5. EDUCATION IS ALSO NECESSARY(NOT THAT FOOLISH SCHOOLS YOU JUST START IN THE NORTH)
[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]

THIS ARE THE BASIC THING NIGERIANS WANTS

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Goldenheart(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2012
this is what happens when you eat too much CASSAVA BREAD....
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by andyprez(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2012
E remain UNN to OOUN (Odimegwu Ojukwu University, Nsukka) lol
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:25am On May 29, 2012
PStylish: Hey guys.Relax.Take a chill pill.Its not the end of the world.MKO Abiola held Nigeria hostage for 5 years by holding on to his mandate. It took US intervention by way of eliminating Abacha first, then Abiola before Nigeria was set free.
Abacha could not take Abiola out. He was bribed with 2 oil field and a refund of all his campaign expenses but he won't budge.

And who said Abiola is not popular abroad?

Abiola was the only African that could sneeze and the whites will tremble. They feared him.

He promised to demand reparation for the ills perpetuated on Africans during the slave trade if he became president of Africa's most populous nation. That was why the US did all they could to stop him from becoming president.

All concerned should just take heart. You all will get used to it.

Too many kids on NL I tell ya.Susan Rica and Kofi Annan should know better and posterity will judge them too in the whole Abiola saga !
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by yamakuza: 11:25am On May 29, 2012
tpia@:
Quite obviously there's a blueprint for every good university in nigeria to be renamed one by one. Like i pointed out before, UNN will probably be renamed ojukwu university, university of calabar or uyo, will be renamed goodluck jonathan university, university of jos will change to either ibrahim babangida university or david mark university (or danjuma university) POssibly yakubu gowon university as well. And so on ad infinitum. You just wait and see. Unimaid, uniben, unilorin (sanusi lamido university), and other higher institutions with impartial names- just wait and see!

no problem with that, as long as the names are worth the honor.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by naptu2: 11:26am On May 29, 2012
mcnepow: cheesy cheesy UNILAG FM now becomes MFM! grin

grin grin grin
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Irunmole(m): 11:26am On May 29, 2012
ogbeche77: For those who attended UI.your own is coming too.....Rashidi Yekini University... Come Oct.1st

@ogbeche77.

Boy, you no well at all. grin
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:26am On May 29, 2012
ishmael: What is wrong with these yoruba people sef? I thought yoruba's have been asking for the immortalization of MKO's name? Govt have done it now and they are complaining again. Or is it because he is not from lagos state?
I wonder o!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by PeeDaVinci: 11:28am On May 29, 2012
obviously, mr jonathan does not know about "branding", someone needs to tell mr president that it took about 50 years to create and market this brand nationally and internationally, and changing it for some stupid political motives is just bad
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:28am On May 29, 2012
ActiveMan: JONATHAN DECISION ARE ALWAYS IN THE WRONG DIRECTION...

WHY TAKE THE GLORY OF UNILAG?

WHO MKO?
WHAT IMPACT AS HE MAKE TO NIGERIA?
DO NOT COMPARE AWOLOWO TO MKO

GEJ DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT?

1. GIVE US GOOD ROAD (NAME THOSE ROAD ANYTHING YOU LIKE)
2. GIVE US ELECTRICITY (NAME THE COMPANY THE NAME YOU LIKE)
3. WE NEED FOOD (NOT GEJ BISCUIT (WE ARE NOT YOUR BABY))
4. PROVIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY (NAME THE COMPANIES ANY NAME TOO WE DO NOT CARE)
5. EDUCATION IS ALSO NECESSARY(NOT THAT FOOLISH SCHOOLS YOU JUST START IN THE NORTH)
[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]

THIS ARE THE BASIC THING NIGERIANS WANTS

The glory of a school is not in its name but its functionality and service to the nation.Where was unilag when UI and UNILORIN are jostling for the best uni in Nigeria ? Quality is what matters not face value !
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tpia5: 11:29am On May 29, 2012
yamakuza:

no problem with that, as long as the names are worth the honor.
there's a problem with it sweetie. Overseas you see universities bearing the same name for hundreds of years. There's a reason for that. When they want to rename something, they rename airports, not institutions of higher learning.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by onyengbu: 11:30am On May 29, 2012
onye_ngbu*:
I love the way GEJ keeps sodomizing the Yorubas while they keep calling him retardeen. grin grin grin

From rascals to MAUL shocked shocked .

I am sure he will be seating back in his bedroom in Aso Rock reading all these posts on NL and Laughing his arxe off!

Dont worry guys, it woulda been worse - how about Olusengun Obasanjo University of Lagos OOUL tongue
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:30am On May 29, 2012
Ejiné: I don't really subscribe to the idea of naming established Universities after politicians. Looks nasty IMHO.

Why not name it after an academician? Or are they in short supply?

Now, coupled with the fact that Abiola was quite an illiterate man, isn't this rather weird? undecided

if they had named it after a poet or novelist, e for make sense... But a semi-literate politician?
Come on... Jonathan can do better than this undecided

If Abiola was semi-literate then you my brother are a cave man , by any educational standard he is better than you. A person who had a First class degree from the University of Glasgow and distinction from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland can not be classified as semi-literate

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:31am On May 29, 2012
tpia@:
there's a problem with it sweetie. Overseas you see universities bearing the same name for hundreds of years. There's a reason for that.

This is Nigeria not overseas ! Nothing says those school without longstanding name cant change their nomenclature.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by FindOut(m): 11:31am On May 29, 2012
MKO Abiola was a great man. He can be immortalized in many other ways.
Can Obama or any American President wake up one day & rename HARVARD or YALE?
Can Cameron suddenly decide to rename CAMBRIDGE Uni?
Sentiments aside, UNILAG is arguably our own Yale & Harvard in Nigeria, or at least it comes close to it. The name is a brand, lets forget about the words ''pride'' or ''prestige''. It is bigger than anyone. You cant just wake up one morning & decide to change it. Its not proper.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by bashydemy(m): 11:32am On May 29, 2012
Fashola am waiting for your own Democracy surprise ooo. I guess from Lagos state University (LASU) to Bola Ahmed Tinubu University(BATU) am patiently waiting.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Chinom(m): 11:32am On May 29, 2012
This sucks.. I just don't like it. University of Lagos says a lot instead of that jaw breaking name. In as much as i love Ojukwu, i don't want UNN named after him. He should get the Enugu International Airport.Sorry.. Akanu Ibiam.

I though Ogun state has a university. That should be named after MKO. Leave UNILAG alone.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:32am On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The glory of a school is not in its name but its functionality and service to the nation.Where was unilag when UI and UNILORIN are jostling for the best uni in Nigeria ? Quality is what matters not face value !

MR GEJ PLEASE THIS ARE WHAT NIGERIANS WANT

WAITING CONCERN UNIVERSITY NOW WHEN NIGERIA IS ALMOST COLLAPSING

NA HONORARY PHD HE GET?
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by kolajoo(m): 11:32am On May 29, 2012
Nigeria President GoodLuck Jonathan is full of surprises,January 1st he gave us a New Year Gift by removing subsidy,Today Democracy Day, He Also gave us another Gift which is renamed Unilag University to Mashood Abiola University!Beware October 1st You will just hear that Nigeria has been Sold 2 China!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by SmartNaija(m): 11:33am On May 29, 2012
iluvnaija: In honour of Democracy Day, I just named my visitors toilet "Olusegun Obasanjo Loo", y'all are welcome 2come dump your sh*t in it!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:34am On May 29, 2012
apocalypse:

If Abiola was semi-literate then you my brother are a cave man , by any educational standard he is better than you. A person who had a First class degree from the University of Glasgow and distinction from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland can not be classified as semi-literate

He doesnt even know Abiola. . .you see why I said there are many kids on NL. Abiola s semi-illiterate ? ? ROFLMAO

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Abagworo(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2012
While Jonathan always had good intentions for his actions, they seem so unpopular amongst the masses even his laughter.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:36am On May 29, 2012
ActiveMan:

NA HONORARY PHD HE GET?

The fact that Nigeria is fu-cked doesnt mean other aspect of lives should not go on ! Why not worry about service delivery and quality education from unilag instead of a change in name ?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by brabus(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2012
University of Leeds
University of Manchester
University of Edinburgh
University of Kent
University of Glasgow
University of Liverpool
University of Sheffield
University of Sussex
University of Southampton
University of Exeter
University of Nottingham
University of Bath
University of York
University of Ibadan
Moshood Abiola University
Obafemi Awolowo University
Evans Enwerem University
Abraham Adesanya University

Can't you see the sharp contrast? All the universities above are the pride of their cities and they strive to live up to the good names.

I cannot imagine Cameron changing any of the above names without due consultations. As far as in me lies, there are better ways to immortalize the dead.

If GEJ truly accept Abiola as a National HERO, he should rename 'Eagle Square' after him and not just a south-west abracadabra.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by mbhs139(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2012
Can you imagine changing Havard to Obama University. Or Oxford to Queen Elizabeth Univesity. Or Cambridge to Tony Blair University? What will that tell or their corporate branding.
UNILAG is name that was built over the years through hard work. There would not have been any importance attached to it if it hasn't connote some sort of meaning to some.

Imagine the number of people, corporate organizations that has their business built on that name. Corporate organizations uses their collaboration as strategic market entry strategy into youthful markets.

The President got it wrong. I beg to differ. This is turning corporate branding on it's head.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:37am On May 29, 2012
slimyem: watch out for Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu for UI....
Hehehe...cheesycheesy

If na play stop am , if you serious sef stop am. Na my Alma mater you yab so
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by SmartNaija(m): 11:38am On May 29, 2012
apocalypse:

Bros, he would have still got your point without your referring to him in that manner. I hope we try to be more pleasant with our words. Love not hate
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 11:39am On May 29, 2012
ActiveMan:

NA HONORARY PHD HE GET?

RUBBISH!!!
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by infofirst(m): 11:40am On May 29, 2012
Jona still get atleast 9 more surprises for Nigerians, 3 independence days, 3 new years and 3 May 29, watch out
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nickydrake(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2012
I just dey happy for the guys who supply official stationery and do other printing jobs on university property...if you know what i mean. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

The Two Main Types Of First Class Graduates / Please How Do I Solve These Difficult Primary 4 QR Questions (pictures) / Abdulkadir Islamiyat Oluwatoyin, Best Graduating Doctor/Student In IUA, Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.