Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians (5379 Views)

Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? / Tips On How MTN Can Survive The NCC Fine / Kolanut Business: You can be a Millionaire within 6 months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by ambrosini593(m): 9:04am On May 29, 2012
In a newly released report, we learnt South African telecoms company, MTN Nigeria defrauds Nigerians of Several billions of Naira yearly through its many scam promotions and poor services. The most annoying part is how MTN defrauds thousands of innocent Nigerians through its TV- quiz game show tagged “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire”. HOW MTN DEFRAUDS NIGERIANS THROUGH WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE while many innocent Nigerians believe that the company is doing a corporate social responsibility programme ( CSR) by helping those they say deserve to be millionaires by bringing them on set and trying to make them play for ten million naira, money believed by many comes out of MTN coffers and pulse. But on the contrary, Nigerians themselves sponsors the show while the telecom giant carts away the profit, thus exploiting Nigerians. MTN`S PROFIT FROM WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE. Further investigation revealed that MTN Nigeria makes the following profit. # 1.665 billion in a week. # 6.660 billion each month. # 79.920 billion yearly. This is based on the conservative estimate that at least a quarter (8 ,325,000) of MTN 33.3 million subscribers send an sms each ( costing 200 naira) to participate in the TV game show “ Who Want To Be A Millionaire”. With the home-play version, using the same estimate, the firm makes 39.960 billion naira each year. With the combined figures ( excluding proceeds from other promos), MTN Nigeria earns at least 119,880,000,000 in a year. Also, the home game that the viewers always played is another means of defrauding Nigerians of another billions of naira. Unknown to the viewers, the programme watch all over the country is not live programme but a recorded one and the unsuspecting Nigerians always rush to be part of it for hundred naira per sms for a recorded programme that is on air on different stations at different hour. My people shine your eye well well

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by neksummi(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2012
Participation in that never appealed to me. I'd rather do my online and MLM businesses than
play a game of chance.

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by 2sexy(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2012
neksummi: Participation in that never appealed to me. I'd rather do my online and MLM businesses than
play a game of chance.

Ever since I read Rich Dad's Guide to Investment back in 2008, man no Ads ever work on me anymore. It will reveal to you how business men think; they don't care if you had your last cash and never mind collecting it from you. Its a legal way of stealing if you ask me.

And guess what, come August 2012, I will be stealing legally. . .

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 29, 2012
Mehn!
Since noticed that there is no hope and future in this country, i start hustling for money by ANY HOW ANY HOW (except robbery). Our leaders are stealing our money without remorse, why won't MTN do the same

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by chrisvicch: 1:09pm On May 29, 2012
That is why you should consider joining. Join Chrisvic Quiz Program(www.chrisvic.com/quiz). Earn money while increasing your knowledge.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by 2sexy(m): 2:50pm On May 29, 2012
C_Collins: Mehn!
Since noticed that there is no hope and future in this country, i start hustling for money by ANY HOW ANY HOW (except robbery). Our leaders are stealing our money without remorse, why won't MTN do the same

Learn how to do thing like business man and you will never go broke.

Find what people dream of having and sell their hope to them and you will never go broke.

It so much pains me that my Nigerian brothers don't read and most don't plan but majority are too in a hurry.

If I wanted N5,000 from you right now, I know what do to get without pointing a gun to your head; you will happily give it to me yourself. I call it the legal way of stealing for a reason...
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by neksummi(m): 7:04pm On May 29, 2012
2sexy:
You remind me of when I started. . . Lol. You won't make a dime doing this. I guarantee you that.

Go back to the drawing board.

I like you for one thing. You're straight forward. If someone messes up, you chastise him
immediately.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by 2sexy(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2012
neksummi:

I like you for one thing. You're straight forward. If someone messes up, you chastise him
immediately.

That's just me bro. . . I thank God for the knowledge.

Guess what? Over 90% of NYSC members may not know what to while serving but I'm not worried one bit cos I know it would be the best time for me to make real serious mad cash. I got my blue print in place for my 2--3 system that will do the magic. . . GAME OVER!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by zangiff(m): 5:24am On May 30, 2012
liars
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by 2sexy(m): 6:01am On May 30, 2012
zangiff: liars
who are you calling a liar?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by 2sexy(m): 6:14am On May 30, 2012
zangiff: liars
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by 2sexy(m): 11:45pm On May 30, 2012
bump
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by Emdee590(m): 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
But what about the cheque that they do give winner on the show, ain't their real?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: How MTN Defraud Nigerians by tck2000(m): 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
ambrosini593:
In a newly released report, we learnt South African telecoms company, MTN Nigeria defrauds Nigerians of Several billions of Naira yearly through its many scam promotions and poor services. The most annoying part is how MTN defrauds thousands of innocent Nigerians through its TV- quiz game show tagged “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire”. HOW MTN DEFRAUDS NIGERIANS THROUGH WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE while many innocent Nigerians believe that the company is doing a corporate social responsibility programme ( CSR) by helping those they say deserve to be millionaires by bringing them on set and trying to make them play for ten million naira, money believed by many comes out of MTN coffers and pulse. But on the contrary, Nigerians themselves sponsors the show while the telecom giant carts away the profit, thus exploiting Nigerians. MTN`S PROFIT FROM WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE. Further investigation revealed that MTN Nigeria makes the following profit. # 1.665 billion in a week. # 6.660 billion each month. # 79.920 billion yearly. This is based on the conservative estimate that at least a quarter (8 ,325,000) of MTN 33.3 million subscribers send an sms each ( costing 200 naira) to participate in the TV game show “ Who Want To Be A Millionaire”. With the home-play version, using the same estimate, the firm makes 39.960 billion naira each year. With the combined figures ( excluding proceeds from other promos), MTN Nigeria earns at least 119,880,000,000 in a year. Also, the home game that the viewers always played is another means of defrauding Nigerians of another billions of naira. Unknown to the viewers, the programme watch all over the country is not live programme but a recorded one and the unsuspecting Nigerians always rush to be part of it for hundred naira per sms for a recorded programme that is on air on different stations at different hour. My people shine your eye well well

(1) (Reply)

FREE Alibaba Importation Mentoring Programme For 10 / Nigeria Gets $29bn From Shell Jvs In Four Years / List OF 40 Profitable Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria You Can Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.