Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months (759 Views)

Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? / Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Gets A Million-dollar Bonus After Six Months On The Job / My 2 Reasons Why Nairaland Will Not Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by auwal87(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2012
The growth is rather very slow, the management lacks strategy to drive more users which means more revenue. I happen to capture the site's 900,000 members hit.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by mykejones(m): 5:22pm On May 29, 2012
900 handles. Not 900k users. I know of a person who has ova 7handles.
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by auwal87(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2012
unfortunately each account is counted as a separate user, it doesn't matter who creates them, it is the same with all the social networks including twitter and facebook, but they still counts as users. What can only differ is active and inactive users.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by Peterson1993(m): 8:56pm On May 29, 2012
It is very wrong to say nairaland has a slow growth. If only nairaland was a site with a must log in principle, where guest are not allowed to view any content, you would have seen how wrong you are to make that statement. I discorvered nairaland in 2006 and registered in 2011..i.e i used the site as guest for a whole 5 years.. Members register at their own will because you can use the site as a guest for ever if you wish. It is 100% wrong to calculate the site growth with rate of new registered members

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by sisqology(m): 9:50pm On May 29, 2012
Peterson1993: It is very wrong to say nairaland has a slow growth. If only nairaland was a site with a must log in principle, where guest are not allowed to view any content, you would have seen how wrong you are to make that statement. I discorvered nairaland in 2006 and registered in 2011..i.e i used the site as guest for a whole 5 years.. Members register at their own will because you can use the site as a guest for ever if you wish. It is 100% wrong to calculate the site growth with rate of new registered members

I second u
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by tessyade: 10:39pm On May 29, 2012
Peterson1993: It is very wrong to say nairaland has a slow growth. If only nairaland was a site with a must log in principle, where guest are not allowed to view any content, you would have seen how wrong you are to make that statement. I discorvered nairaland in 2006 and registered in 2011..i.e i used the site as guest for a whole 5 years.. Members register at their own will because you can use the site as a guest for ever if you wish. It is 100% wrong to calculate the site growth with rate of new registered members
I agree with you. I was also a guest for about two years before i registered last year. Also 900k registered members do not mean 9OOk users because some users here have upto five username.
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by chrisvicch: 10:52pm On May 29, 2012

Somehow you got it wrong brother. It is a proven fact that a lot of people won't like/participate in your site if they cannot see what your site is all about. Nairaland will loose a lot of people if Seun has implemented so rule. Since more than 70% users know Nairaland through search engine, imagine asking you to register before you can view the content. Do you have the time for such thing? Besides it will lose its SEO since some search engine won't be able to read its content.
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by zangiff(m): 5:15am On May 30, 2012
learning frm webmasters !!!
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by yamakuza: 8:13am On May 30, 2012
Peterson1993:

Yep. If 600% correct exist, i will give it all on that your piont. I personally have 3 usernames.i.e 2 female usernames and this peterson1993 male username. Total registered members is just a mere formality. If the owner wishes to manipulate with total registered members figure, he will do it without any stress and nairaland would have probably be on 3 million artificial members by now and no one will know.

what are you doing with 2 female IDs?

undecided
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by auwal87(m): 8:48am On May 30, 2012
yamakuza:

undecided

Please ask him/her again.
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by Peterson1993(m): 11:03am On May 30, 2012
yamakuza:

undecided
lol you asked the question as if you want to get me arrested for having multiple or female Ids. I dint create any of them for any major reason Or for any harm. Only few times i used any of them to log in. I can even decide to turn to this one am using right now to female as well if i wish. so what's the difference.. .i.e You cant even be certain if am currently male or female lol.... Sometimes it's important to have a female id because the simple fact is that the ladies are often given more attention in terms of question asking and some other little aspects... You may decide to ask a question here on nairaland as a guy and get only 2 answers from one person Or even probably none . While on the other hand, using a female identity will give you countless answers from both the ladies and guys most especially if the female username actually looks female .such as. Joy,Cyntia, SweetBaby..e.t.c. And am a very inquisitive person type. I never stop asking questions and am better satisfied when i get reasonable answers to them. Most male guys check if it's female gender first before answering any question. On the the other side, the ladies gives themselves a great deal of respect. Hardly you can see any lady answering any question or give advice to a guy but often give themselves more attention. And the female answer is alwayz more reasonable because most often the male response you get is an abusive one. All the same, i just used that to express the necessary negligence of the rate of new members or total members to estimimate website growth.
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by yamakuza: 12:56pm On May 30, 2012
^ Hmmn! Dat na 1 chance o!

So yawatide might even be a guy? My2cents.

I don enter am!
Re: Nairaland Will Have A Million Members In Less Than 3 Months by Peterson1993(m): 1:46pm On May 30, 2012
yamakuza: ^ Hmmn! Dat na 1 chance o!

So yawatide might even be a guy? My2cents.

I don enter am!
I dont know who yawatide is. Am only familiar with with Seun and Slyr0x for now in this website. Sometime we forcefully claim that it is a crime to have dual IDs Or formulate wrong gender ID. But we often forget the fact that such act is inevitable. No matter how hard you try stop it, it still happens because no wrong gender detector machine has been invented yet. It is very obvious that most females in all websites are not actually ladies. Sometime some ladies even prefers using a male identity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Danbaba.com Is For Sale! / What I Think 9ja Webmasters Should Do / Webmasters, Pls Help Ur Boy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.