Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,868 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:16 AM

WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet (982 Views)

National Library Or National Embarrassment By Mr Rights / TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) / Were Did You Do Research For Your Last Project - Library Or Search Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet by smartkulk(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2007
The internet has in a way drawn more people to itself than the traditional library we use to know.Many people prefer to be on the internet to going to library.The library is said to be limited in resources but your mind is your limit when you are on the internet.Eventhough the library is incorporating the internet as part of its resources but the simple fact still remains that the internet is the grand father of all libraries.
Re: WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet by janami(f): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2007
the internet has the advantage of a larger amount of information. It is a researcher's delight, but isometimes i love to go to d library and browse thru books. i love it cos i had to do a lot of it in skool and kind of grew into it
Re: WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet by smartkulk(m): 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2007
In recent times there was a saying that if you want to keep something away from a black man put it in a book but I believe we have grown out of this and this is evident in our society.I insist that it is pleasure and fun hanging or surfing on the internet than having a book in your hand and staring at it.
Re: WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet by maedan(f): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2009
OMG, what a question - I'll go to the library, of course. There's just something peaceful about a real, well-stocked library. You could find anything in there!! I mean, I love the feel and look of actual books. It's hard to explain but I'd pick the library over the internet any day. To show you how bad it was, when I was in Uni I stayed so long in the library that day that I got locked in when it closed!! No one knew I was still around because I went deep into one of the sections just to get the best spot. I was soo scared, but I managed to get to a window and called for help. The school security came to let me out, thank God!!
Re: WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet by Orikinla(m): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2009
There is Library on the Internet 24/7.
Re: WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet by SisiKill1: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2009
The library. . . Smell of old books turns me on. Seeing so many books in one place drives me over the edge. Hubba hubba!
Re: WHERE LL YOU GO? Library Or Internet by maedan(f): 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2009
^^^^^
Sooo true!! If I walk into a good, proper library I get heady with book-lust and I'm wondering which one to read first cheesy. The musty, unforgettable scent of old hard-backs as you turn the pages of your favourite book is totally orgasmic. . . . grin. How on[i] earth[/i] can the internet compare to that??

(1) (Reply)

Rate This Poem / The Genesis Of A Revelation (a Must Read) / Do You Dream Of Writing A Novel: Someday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.