Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? (129118 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. / How Do You Deal With Your Childs Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by DivineOke(f): 5:40am On Apr 01, 2006
Can You Suck Catarrah Out your Child's Nose With Your Mouth?

Hi everyone,

I have seen a lot of scenes where a child has Catarrh and the mother or father sucks it out with their mouths. Personally, I don't think it's something I can do.

Is there no other way of removing catarrh from a childs nose who cannot yet blow his nose?

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:55am On Apr 01, 2006
Thats nasty, give the child a hankerchief jeeze lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I get nauseated thinking about that yuck
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by hotangel2(f): 7:23am On Apr 01, 2006
cheesy Seen it before, infact my aunt did it to me, and almost all my cousins. She's pratically sucks mucus out of the nose of kids she meets in church. She tells their mother that they are trying to kill the kids, cos kids who can't blow the "idoti, our of their agbari", need the help of an adult.

Yes it's nasty, but i don't see anything wrong with it (throws up), i mean it helps the kids, (throws up again), as in you know kids cant really breathe through their mouths well, n the nose needs some space, soo, she just uses her mouth and sucks it all out (throws up -- MAJOR).

I would never do it again tho (i hope not), i mean i won't lie, i did it twice for my cousin, (okay yeah, cos he was crying so much, n i was alone with him, and cutton bud wouldn't help, He kept touching his nose and blah blah, so i decided to do wat big mommy does). Apparently it worked, cos dotun stopped crying.

Back to the topic, i think it's okay to do it, if you can. If it disgust you, just use cutton swab/bud, till the mucus gets out. I don't think there's any other way, cos kids can't "Blow" their noses.

This is a bit off-topic, but do you know how they feed kids custard, and the child doesn't want it, and they turn his head like up-side-down, and the close his nose, and "ro" thru his mouth? I mean that's torture! lol,

5 Likes

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:26am On Apr 01, 2006
kai, r u serious about feeding them
jeeze no i dont want 2 have kids just kidding wink wink
but ya thats a bit nutty, the mommy should give the kid nono. that will shat him up
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by 2cantango(f): 8:47am On Apr 01, 2006
Eeewwww that's just nasty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Chief2B(m): 11:51am On Apr 01, 2006
Yes it's nasty, but i don't see anything wrong with it (throws up), i mean it helps the kids, (throws up again), as in you know kids can't really breathe through their mouths well, n the nose needs some space, soo, she just uses her mouth and sucks it all out (throws up -- MAJOR).

Best laugh I have had all week!!! Thanks Hot-Angel!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zahymaka(m): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2006
My mom told me she told her mom she'd never do it but she had to do it for my elder brother who till today cannot blow his nose [he inhales instead of exhaling] as well as me and my younger brother. It's one of the most disgustinng things I can think of.

I don't scared in dreams but this would count as a nightmare if I encountered it in my dream.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Grizzly(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2006
Ok ok ok. y'all are getting this all wrong. u dont suck the phlegm, u blow it through one nose and it comes out via the other. i mean there r countless other thing we can suck on when we need to, other than, , oh no lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by kaygirl(f): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2006
yeah,i did it for my little cousin,the annoying part is that he is about three years old now and he doesnt believe me when i tell him.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zahymaka(m): 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2006
You make it sound as if it is a pleasant memory you should be sharing with him all the time kaygirl.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by IAH(f): 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2006
Ewwww yuck!!! angry angry angry
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by reniks(f): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2006
I really like to think i won't get to do it,but if i have to i guess i would.Its disgusting but anything for my child's comfort.However i'd gladly opt for an alternative if it exists.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by kaygirl(f): 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2006
my dears,you have 2 do it or else your baby might just suffocate to death.i mean the little child cannot blow its nose and the thing has to be brought out.plz lets stop forming cos we ladies might all have 2 do it.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by kaygirl(f): 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2006
my boyfriend then was so upset.u know what i mean grin grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zahymaka(m): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2006
That he was kissing the lips of someone who had. . .
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Seun(m): 7:06pm On Apr 01, 2006
Oh dear. And we've not even gotten to the isue of poop. Parenting, I dunno, can one opt out?
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zahymaka(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2006
Seun please don't make me gag. Poop is wiped not sucked out -- that's better to me. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by lauryn(f): 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2006
Of course its okay to suck it out of your baby's nose, whats worng with that. When u have your baby it would feel all natural to u. It actually makes u feel well connected to the baby.
I would rather do that than stick Q-Tips in my child's nose, or use an aspirator to suck it out. The natural way is mostly the best.
I would rather suck out my child's phlegm than suck out sperms from a man.( sorry, a bit outta topic, but i had to put it that way).

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by kajad(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2006
2 b a mother no easy o!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Grizzly(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I said blow the darned thing out. what the lipsrsealed Y'all saying suck, suck, suck. u want something to suck or wut? its very ok, if a momma's wanna suck it out. it aint poisonous. But if u got enough to suck already, then u blow it out.!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Grizzly(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I said blow the darned thing out. what the lipsrsealed Y'all saying suck, suck, suck. u want something to suck or wut? its very ok, if a momma's wanna suck it out. it aint poisonous. But if u got enough to suck already, then u blow it out.!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2006
@ Grizzly

you make me laugh with your angry smileys cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ogmigod!!!!!! i've never heard of such a thing it sounds absolutely disgusting shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sucking out the mucus yuck!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Skidoc(m): 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2006
But that thing is sweet. I mean mucus. I remember when I was young and I used to cry and mucus will drip out of my nose, I would use my tongue to lick it and it was sweet. Hmmmmm! Maybe it was sweet because it was my own mucus? Well, if my wife can't suck it I guess I could help her. My baby's own might also be sweet in my mouth. tongue
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zahymaka(m): 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2006
Then I suggest she serves you a basin of steamin' mucus with bread or akara each morning. It's a pap alternative that is for you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2006
im laughing ma @$$ off cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy macus and bread shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Skidoc(m): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2006
Shut it Zahy! You want to tell me you didn't lick that thing when you were small? angry angry angry
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zahymaka(m): 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2006
No -- I didn't. My mom sucked it out sharp sharp and spat it out. Besides my nose was almost always dry.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Skidoc(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2006
Bloody liar!!! grin grin Even when you were in school, your Mum was there to suck it out sharp sharp sharrap!!! sad

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2006
if not what you guys are saying, i would never have known macus was sucked shocked shocked shocked shocked it sounds really disgusting
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by lauryn(f): 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2006
Grizzly:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I said blow the darned thing out. what the lipsrsealed Y'all saying suck, suck, suck. u want something to suck or wut? its very ok, if a momma's want to suck it out. it aint poisonous. But if u got enough to suck already, then u blow it out.!

Ok. mr Grizzly, the post says SUCK not BLOW.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Zahymaka(m): 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2006
Even when you were in school, your Mum was there to suck it out sharp sharp sharrap!!!

My mom is a teacher and taught in the same school I went to. I'm telling you -- I had unusually dry nostrils when I was young. Even now when I'm cold I only get catarrh when it's very severe.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by hotangel2(f): 11:10pm On Apr 01, 2006
Y'all making this more nasty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Caught My Cheating Wife / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / A Man Died, Buried, Appeared In Another Land Where Nobody Knows Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.