Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Unilag, Abiola And Militocracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unilag, Abiola And Militocracy (1558 Views)

Photo Of MKO Abiola And Dele Alake After 1993 Elections / M.K.O Abiola And June 12 / Abiola And Awolowo Who Is Greater?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unilag, Abiola And Militocracy by Topgem: 12:03pm On May 30, 2012
“Meritocracy, in the first, most administrative sense, is a system of government or other administration (such as business administration) wherein appointments and responsibilities are objectively assigned to individuals based upon their "merits", namely intelligence, credentials, and education, determined through evaluations or examinations. The "most common definition of meritocracy conceptualizes merit in terms of tested competency and ability, and most likely as measured by IQ or standardized achievement tests.” …….Wikipedia

That is meritocracy, but what about a situation where military style of so called democracy tend to cross path. What do you call that? M I L I T O C R A C Y.

The renaming of UNILAG by Federal Government….. Sorry, GEJ amount to nothing but application of military decree.

At this time and age, a person can wake up any day and change their adult child’s name to something else without even consulting the child? it is appalling.

Yes, MKO was loved by Nigeria students but the manner of this action is nothing But daft.

I suggest for face saving sake, this shameful act can be water down a bit by Fed Gov. by forming a consultative committee immediately to look into the process of this Name change.

A name change such as this should have been notified to the appropriate quarters for years in advance at least before the effective day.
Re: Unilag, Abiola And Militocracy by ayobase(m): 12:10pm On May 30, 2012
Topgem: “Meritocracy, in the first, most administrative sense, is a system of government or other administration (such as business administration) wherein appointments and responsibilities are objectively assigned to individuals based upon their "merits", namely intelligence, credentials, and education, determined through evaluations or examinations. The "most common definition of meritocracy conceptualizes merit in terms of tested competency and ability, and most likely as measured by IQ or standardized achievement tests.” …….Wikipedia

That is meritocracy, but what about a situation where military style of so called democracy tend to cross path. What do you call that? M I L I T O C R A C Y.

The renaming of UNILAG by Federal Government….. Sorry, GEJ amount to nothing but application of military decree.

At this time and age, a person can wake up any day and change their adult child’s name to something else without even consulting the child? it is appalling.

Yes, MKO was loved by Nigeria students but the manner of this action is nothing But daft.

I suggest for face saving sake, this shameful act can be water down a bit by Fed Gov. by forming a consultative committee immediately to look into the process of this Name change.

A name change such as this should have been notified to the appropriate quarters for years in advance at least before the effective day.

The same with the way Fut,Yola was changed to Mautech, Yola.
Heard that the case is still in court.
Re: Unilag, Abiola And Militocracy by Topgem: 7:53am On May 31, 2012
ayobase:

The same with the way Fut,Yola was changed to Mautech, Yola.
Heard that the case is still in court.

Yes. We tend to have a short memory and our leaders don't learn from past mistakes. angry

(1) (Reply)

The DANA Plane Was Unable To Make An Emergency Landing Due To Airspace Closure / Two Bombs Deonated In .V.I / Governors Wife Arrested With 400,000 Pounds By London Metro Police.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.