Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria (34396 Views)

Website Designing, Development & Training / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / Teach Me Everything About Web Development In 3months And Name Your Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 30, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,

Are you a website, blog, forum, cms designer or developer?
Do you take the biz as full or part-time?
Share your SUCCESS story here for newbies to learn from your own story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by talk2hb1(m): 5:00pm On May 30, 2012
It has not been easy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 30, 2012
With perseverance, determination and focus everything is well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by nikky5(m): 11:37pm On May 30, 2012
I am just the luckiest and I give all the glory to God.I learnt this skill all alone at home barely 2 years ago.Last December I bought a house in Lagos with the proceed from a site.I do it as a part time biz but am an aggressive marketer.Prayer and hardwork is just the magic wand.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by yamakuza: 2:46am On May 31, 2012
nikky5: I am just the luckiest and I give all the glory to God.I learnt this skill all alone at home barely 2 years ago.Last December I bought a house in Lagos with the proceed from a site.I do it as a part time biz but am an aggressive marketer.Prayer and hardwork is just the magic wand.

dis one wey you take 1 site build house, na govt site abi na bank site?

Abi na mud house sef?

Lets keep the stories realistic, abegiii

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 01, 2012
yamakuza: dis one wey you take 1 site build house, na govt site abi na bank site?
@Yamakuza,
Criticism is not what we need here.
We need SUCCESS stories, that'll encourage the newbies in the biz...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 01, 2012
nikky5: I am just the luckiest and I give all the glory to God.I learnt this skill all alone at home barely 2 years ago.Last December I bought a house in Lagos with the proceed from a site.I do it as a part time biz but am an aggressive marketer.Prayer and hardwork is just the magic wand.
@Nikky5,
Congratulation on your success.

You can earn lot of money as a web designer or developer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by tessyade: 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
Good success story if its true anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by chitex88(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
Please, how do you market your web design business?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2012
chitex88: Please, how do you market your web design business?
@Chitex88,
I just want to chip in some tips...
Its a tested and proven methods.
1. Mouth to mouth
2. Local mag.
3. Google adword
4. Article marketing
5. Postals and sign
Try them out.

I hope it'll help.

To your success

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by greenmouse(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
As for me here @ Green Mouse Technologies, all i will say is that the web business is lucrative only if you are talented/creative.

I made Green Mouse Tech stand out today bc of my web design skills. I will not say how much i make monthly here but i know am better than many bankers.

I have achieved alot in a very short time, Thanks to God Almighty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Webmantn(m): 11:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
I have to be honest here the passion will get you going on.like one of the member said marketing and prayer with dedicated time for learning new apps will bring you your heart desire.like me i validate with javascipt,css,html. You can reach me on 08093357656 or view our blog: http://deltamotivation2000..comhere is our project we just completedhttp://www.wilvatopsecurity.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by larion: 8:24am On Jun 04, 2012

Santa Maria! dt means v nt bin working @ all, removes gele frm head, ties it on waist, its time to b aggressive....but dude give lil more info na, me sef one by house.....*chuckles*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by ilekky(m): 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2012
Web business is a lucrative business if you can only focus and do lot of advertising.

Apart from this,@ yemlat technologies,we also train people on how to go about reseller

web hosting so that they can also have another stream of income.It is simply a good business

for whoever has a good marketing skills.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by ahmedinho1(m): 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
It is not easy and don't anyone tell you otherwise. I have 2 blogs and my major source of income from them is Adsense. One makes double digit figure for me daily while the other one, on which I spend most of my time gives less than €2.00 daily. It's about Identifying the right niche and some other factors.

This article might be helpful for someone that wants to start a blog:

http://cynamix.net/1665/have-you-ever-made-money-from-adsense-its-a-scam.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by chitex88(m): 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2012
Thanx for your reply, you are right
webace:
@Chitex88,
I just want to chip in some tips...
Its a tested and proven methods.
1. Mouth to mouth
2. Local mag.
3. Google adword
4. Article marketing
5. Postals and sign
Try them out.

I hope it'll help.

To your success

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
larion:

Santa Maria! dt means v nt bin working @ all, removes gele frm head, ties it on waist, its time to b aggressive....but dude give lil more info na, me sef one by house.....*chuckles*
Madre de dios! Ladrone!! Stop thieving my line!!!

@topic: i am at least able to stop going to cyber cafe to browse! That is an achievement too nao!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by yinka007(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
it's cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
My own story.
I started the biz years back. I dedicated enough time to learn the Art of the biz such as learning the skills (Offline, Online, Video Tutorials etc), marketing, managing clients...
I've earns lot of Nairas designing, consulting, teaching website.

It's a nice, cool profession if only you are determine and focus.

I wish all the newbies, struggle designers success in whatever NICHE you settle in.

To our success!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by larion: 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2012
*dhtml:

@topic: i am at least able to stop going to cyber cafe to browse! That is an achievement too nao!!

Gracia wink
*dhtml:

Gracia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
larion:

Gracia wink

Gracia
You dia!! berra warn yourself o!!!! Before i send virus for your pc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Ajibel(m): 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
It is never easy..i've been learning and i know how hard it is...Only one with much perseverance and strong mind can succeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2012
well its been hard work and continuous research...partnership and mentorship....
http://www.vistaconceptz.net

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
learn't web design and php in 3months.. so far, I made 1million (same year)..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2012
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by tpia5: 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
i dont know if it should be something you rely on as a sole source of income.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
sheyie2007: learn't web design and php in 3months.. so far, I made 1million (same year)..
stories like yours ignites me on....i am so loving programming especially web and mobile...
please all the gurus kindly forward me a mail so we can get close to ourselves and communicate well....
am always here http://www.vistaconceptz.net

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
If you really know webdesigning with php and java, nothing stops you from making over 50m per year. All you have to do is think outside the box

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by WhoIGoAsk: 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
It's all about how well you package your self/company. (Do the following and you will make at least a million naira (sales) in your first year. (if you are good as you think.) PS: some Tech personnel sucks at marketing. So you can form a partnership with a non tech person

1. You MUST have a website where you showcase your recent works and the services you offer
2. You should register your company and open a company/corporate account with a bank.
3. You should use WE often instead of I, even if it's a one man business. Say stuff like our technical team will..., our sales rep will... , our Legal adviser will...,
4. Predesign some websites eg for churches, schools (SMS), Dating site, e-commerce etc.
Prepare a proposal and try to sell one of your products eg. SMS to a school., Dating site to some school guy, church site to a new generation church, etc
Also when trying to pitch a sale, go with a lady and yourself (or a guy if you are a lady) and dress corporate.
5. After few installations, use words like ' we just complete Example High School's website..., people tend to buy when they see their competition buying.
6. Do some cheap/free jobs at first to promote your brand.
7. ALWAYS deliver quality even if they are paying less
8. Innovate or Die (IT rule- currently killing yahoo, growing google,)
9. Use/Learn SMM social media marketing. You dont need google ads, you need SMM
10. to be contd. typing on phone aint easy.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:
It's all about how well you package your self/company.

1. You MUST have a website where you showcase your recent works and the services you offer
2. You should register your company and open a company/corporate account with a bank.
3. You should use WE often instead of I, even if it's a one man business. Say stuff like our technical team will..., our sales rep will... , our Legal adviser will...,
4. Predesign some websites eg for churches, schools (SMS), Dating site, e-commerce etc.
Prepare a proposal and try to sell one of your products eg. SMS to a school.
5. After few installations, use words like ' we just complete Example High School's website..., people tend to buy when they see their competition buying.
6. to be contd. typing on phone aint easy.

how far na...no. 6? are you kidding me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by sujazz(m): 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
webace: Dear Nairalanders,

Are you a website, blog, forum, cms designer or developer?
Do you take the biz as full or part-time?
Share your SUCCESS story here for newbies to learn from your own story.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As Sex Takes Over Nollywood: A Night With A Star Exposes / 30 Most Visited Websites In Nigeria / 13 Most Influential Websites In Nigeria And Their Founders - Factsbyjosh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.