Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:54 PM

Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? (1588 Views)

Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Woman With Baby Sits In The Middle Of Road Around Lagos Government House / Photo..you're A 90's Kid If You Did Play This Game. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 30, 2012
PS, this isn't my story - it was culled from a blog.. I'm just putting it out there before the usual clowns jump on this, and run away with the idea that it's shymmex' story. cool

I just watched the 'Fab Five (University of Michigan)' basketball team's documentary again.. And for those who have never heard about them, I'll give a brief story about these guys.

The Fab Five was the nickname for a 1991 University of Michigan men's basketball team recruitment class that is considered by some to be "the greatest class ever recruited." The class consisted of Detroit natives Chris Webber and Jalen Rose, Chicago native Juwan Howard, and Texas high school basketball stars Jimmy King and Ray Jackson. At first, only three of the freshmen started for the 1991–92 Michigan Wolverines men's basketball team. Although they all played when the season opened on December 2, 1991 against the University of Detroit, they did not all play at the same time until December 7 against Eastern Michigan and did not start regularly until February 9, 1992. In that first game starting together as a regular unit, the five freshmen scored all the team's points against Notre Dame. They started as a unit in all but one of the remaining games for the season. They reached the 1992 and 1993 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship games as both freshmen and sophomores, while starting a combined 304 of a possible 350 games.

I remember Jalen Rose saying: "Well, certain schools recruit a typical kind of player whether the world admits it or not. And Duke is one of those schools. They recruit black players from polished families, accomplished families. And that’s fine. That’s okay. But when you’re an inner-city kid playing in a public school league, you know that certain schools aren’t going to recruit you."

Every time I remember what Jalen Rose said, it always bring back bad memories..Being from almost a similar background as Jalen Rose, I hated certain schools growing because they never admitted people like me. I was from the rejected part of town - a place no one wanted to associate with (yet in the same city).. I used to feel inferior, when I meet kids from middle-class families - who could speak proper English, not the Jamaican influenced English I speak (though I sound very polished now but still sound 'black' in a good way). Kids who lead the kind of life I only see on my smashed black and white TV. I envied them in a good way, and I wanted everything they had.

I felt I was more gifted than these kids from the other side of town, and would outdo them in every aspect of life (if given the opportunity) - but no one gave me a chance to prove myself..I exhibited my intelligence, and intellect on the streets. I did the crime but never got caught. Because I knew it was think before you act, and be safe - or think after you have acted, and regret it for the rest of your life.. I hated myself, my life, and everything around me... I was angry at the world - and I still have some trickled down anger problems right now.. I just couldn't understand why my parents could leave their home country, to live in this mess.. A slum, where rejected people live - and we were all from similar backgrounds (immigrants from Nigeria and Ghana).. Every time I asked my parents why preferred to leave their country for this mess - they always tell me, life wasn't greener on the other side.. Childhood was crazy, and teenage life wasn't better neither - but I went against all odds, did what I had to do, and got myself in a better situation...

Every time I reminisce the horrors of childhood, I still can't understand why certain people bring kids into this world to suffer.. I don't want to see any kid go through what those in the inner-city go through.. I don't like seeing kids suffer - but I still can't grasp why people chose to continue the vicious cycle.. Every time I go back to the place I grew up, and I see little kids from single parent homes, on benefit running around - I always feel sad..

Why can't people grow a brain, and break the vicious cycle??

Why can't we stand up and be counted?

But who am I to judge people?? Each to their own..
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 30, 2012
Why are people ignoring this topic like it's leprosy??

I need opinions!! grin grin
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by SisiKill1: 1:34am On May 31, 2012
One two buckle his shoes

Three four send shymmex to school

Five six it's EITHER OR

Seven Eight it's NEITHER NOR

Nine Ten who is a big headed Olodo? cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 5:21am On May 31, 2012
Sisi_Kill: One two buckle his shoes

Five six it's EITHER OR

I see you have got a crush on me...

When are you going to ask me out?? wink wink
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 5:33am On May 31, 2012
Sisi_Kill: One two buckle his shoes

Five six it's EITHER OR

Olodo!!

A negative verb followed by a nor is common in speech, and there is nothing innately wrong about/with it. No one would fault anyone for saying:

"I don't like that dress nor would I wear it". It is only in something like formal essay writing that that one might preserve a formal usage of the neither/nor pair. That's where the style might call for greater formalism.

You use “nor” to indicate a negative state that continues after something else negative happens.

Another option is to combine the two negative ideas into one sentence and then start the second part with “nor”: “I don’t usually wake up at 6 a.m., nor do I like to wake up at 5 a.m.”

You need to ask for a refund from your English teacher.
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by ifyalways(f): 9:03am On May 31, 2012
^Funny.Did anyone ask why people were avoiding the thread?
So whats your OWN opinion @ OP?Do you agree with your article and why/not?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by EfemenaXY: 9:25am On May 31, 2012
Too long, too dry and definitely too boring.

Now shymmex, if you summarized this copy 'n paste article of yours and then told us it's your true life experience; that would most certainly spice things up - and you'll get the contributions/opinions you seek flowing in thick & fast tongue
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Busybody2(f): 10:18am On May 31, 2012
shymmex: Why are people ignoring this topic like it's leprosy??

I need opinions!! grin grin

Welcome to the Family section, where we are all one jolly big happy family.

We are matured.

We don't curse.

We don't fight.

We love each other.

We obey all rules and instructions.

We are exemplary and model Nairalanders.

We don't derail.

We have never been banned.
I could go on and on and on and on about how sweet and wellbehaved and how all we radiate is positivity in this section, and still be here 27 days later. . .but to cut the long story short and answer your query, its because we are so perfect here we follow every instruction to the tee. . .hence reason we have no choice than to follow your instruction below i.e. OUR ANSWERS TO THIS THREAD SHALL FOREVER REMAIN "each to their own" cheesy cool

shymmex:
PS, this isn't my story - it was culled from a blog.. I'm just putting it out there before the usual clowns jump on this, and run away with the idea that it's shymmex' story.

I just watched the 'Fab Five (University of Michigan)' basketball team's documentary again.. And for those who have never heard about them, I'll give a brief story about these guys. . .

[size=14pt]. . .But who am I to judge people?? Each to their own..[/size]
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:20pm On May 31, 2012
Lol @ BB

Shymmex sorry o. I don't have such powers...I can only recommend.

I think there is a thread for that in Genaral section.

Will read your post n contribute later. Its too long.
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 31, 2012
Damn! Attack galore - naija women don't play.. grin

You girls need to attack me in the bedroom, and the winner will summarize the post lol.

What happened to our reading culture??

The article was well written IMHO...

But hey, who am I to judge?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by moremi2008(m): 6:49pm On May 31, 2012
Can somebody tell me what this post is about? I couldn't bring myself to read that long epistle. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 31, 2012
moremi2008: Can somebody tell me what this post is about? I couldn't bring myself to read that long epistle. grin grin grin grin

Its about some guy who doesnt like where he lives... anything else i missed?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by onyinye2(f): 8:39pm On May 31, 2012
@davidylan

David, David, David grin grin grin
How many times did I call your name lol
Still the same person I see cool
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by moremi2008(m): 12:02am On Jun 01, 2012
davidylan:

Its about some guy who doesnt like where he lives... anything else i missed?

And what does that have to do with middle-earning and stable relationships? I see why the thread is empty! Thank God I didn't waste my time and brain cells reading it! Many thanks for the summary! grin grin
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 01, 2012
onyinye2: @davidylan

David, David, David grin grin grin
How many times did I call your name lol
Still the same person I see cool

shocked nwanem! this girl is still alive? I thank God!
How you dey now?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by onyinye2(f): 6:14am On Jun 01, 2012
davidylan:

shocked nwanem! this girl is still alive? I thank God!
How you dey now?

lol you still remember me I see. Im fine. Don't think I dont remember how much you hated me grin
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 01, 2012
onyinye2:

lol you still remember me I see. Im fine. Don't think I dont remember how much you hated me grin

grin grin grin grin grin no kill me with laughter abeg. You know that i did all that to prove how much i loff you.
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by mutter(f): 6:49am On Jun 01, 2012
The right to procreate is fundamental and no human can be deprived of it.
In countries when you have a kind of social system I think that every child can become someone. It is not all about the money but about the upbringing. Sadly many poor people are also not educated and have no work moral and that creates the vicious circle.
I mean I could as well ask myself why I raise black kids in a white environment, when they might not have the same opportunities. Added to that we certainly are not top earners. However that is a challenge and I raise my kids conscious of the reality ahead. I always tell them you need to be better than the rest and then you certainly will get there. To God be the glory !!!! My kids have not disappointed me.
I am still blotted up my daughte came home yesterday with a 1,2 in her A levels, the best result in the school cheesy.
Besides imgaine only middle class people have kids, when you eradicate the poor, the middle class become the poor.
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by onyinye2(f): 6:59am On Jun 01, 2012
lol oh sure David wink
It's all good, no worries. I'm a different person since then. Not that youngin running around causing trouble cheesy
In fact.......I'm engaged grin Me, Onyi the Onyi has finally humbled herself to her submissive role. lol
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 01, 2012
onyinye2: lol oh sure David wink
It's all good, no worries. I'm a different person since then. Not that youngin running around causing trouble cheesy
In fact.......I'm engaged grin Me, Onyi the Onyi has finally humbled herself to her submissive role. lol

shocked shocked shocked has the world caved in yet? oyinye bowing at the feet of a man? I never knew i would live to see the day. grin Jehovah be praised and congratulations!
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by onyinye2(f): 2:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
lol na be slave or wife cheesy bow gini?
These knees don't bend easy, so he shall receive me on my feet. wink
lol stubborn shall never leave me but hard-headed no longer a trait. I had some growing up to do.
Last time we spoke, you told me I was worse than women that never left Lagos and I was a disgrace angry
lol no hard feelings, back then I was just something else lipsrsealed
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 02, 2012
onyinye2: lol na be slave or wife cheesy bow gini?
These knees don't bend easy, so he shall receive me on my feet. wink
lol stubborn shall never leave me but hard-headed no longer a trait. I had some growing up to do.
Last time we spoke, you told me I was worse than women that never left Lagos and I was a disgrace angry
lol no hard feelings, back then I was just something else lipsrsealed

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin i cant even remember saying that. lol
Thank God for your life, i can see you have changed a great deal. All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Nigerian Population Facts (mythbuster: Males Have The Edge) / Stop Going After Another Man's Wife.#graphic Pics# / University Girl Extorting A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.