Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite (22993 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by donigspain(m): 11:10pm On May 31, 2012
My brothers, you people have got lots of time in your hands for you to have had the time to debate with LOGICBOY... Rejecting 1% while holding on to 99% of that same phenomenon seems to me as HYPOCRISY.

'DO NOT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS'
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by donigspain(m): 11:15pm On May 31, 2012
lilkech:

i hope the above is not your reason for being an atheist

and please lets name some other things that came with the oyibo's and THEIR slavery ? . . . clothes, standard houses, roads, condoms, cars, boats, planes, phones, pc's . . . even the ENGLISH language which you are posting with here all came from them.

You make use of ALL THE GIFTS they brought here but dont regard their bible. Why dont u currently wear sack cloth and animal skin, trek to and from north to south then speak one '+%₹¤§' language as your fore fathers did ? Why did u even try to go to school to think like the oyibo's ? dont you detest them for bringing THEIR bible to your country ?

if this isn't classic hypocritical behaviour then i wonder what is

^^^Reminds me of 'FATALITY, BRUTALITY, FINISH HIM, ANIMALITY, BABALITY and FLAWLESS VICTORY' in mortal kombat...
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by aneldaking(m): 11:17pm On May 31, 2012
mazaje: Religion always wins. . . .Christians are now throwing the bible under the bus. . .

Mark 16: 17-18 reads, "And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The guy out of his faith followed what the bible said and it failed him as always. . .Now the people here are just blabbing any how. . .The same people will talk about extra ordinary healing like their god rising people from the dead etc but when you tell ask them about clear cut healing, like healing of amputees and restoring their amputated limbs back the same goons will begin to blab. . .religion always wins. . .People will always provide excuses for their god even when his alleged word fails. . . .Religion is pure delusion. .
mazaje u re a big fool d bible has never failed us and will never fail us after all we say our faults out wen we r wrong bkos we r nt hypocris y dnt u tel dm about ur quran nd how u eat it 2 invove spirits or tell us y a muslim woman must always slip with out pants wen wit her husband else she comit haram purnishable by fasting islam dat makes women sex machine cos dats wat ur quran teaaches u fools
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by iammodel(m): 11:25pm On May 31, 2012
@ Martian, i hope you'll find the answer after your life on earth. Don't let your cheap theories of fact becloud your sense about the truth. Both(fact & truth) may seem alike but they are totally different. The books you read that made you believe there's no GOD who wrote it? And did u get ur name atheist? U r being brainwashed by cheap science,even if you are not a christian, pls take sometime out to read the bible and get wisdom & truth instead of brainwashing ursef with cheap facts. The places mentioned in the bible are they also fake? Go there & you would find those experiences in there historical archives. Many more inscriptions are being reveal. It's never problematic or wrong to question what's true,but the problem is finding absolute answer to the truth. May GOD have mercy on those yet to belief & grant you the understanding of the Bible.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 31, 2012
i_am_model: @ Martian, i hope you'll find the answer after your life on earth. .

This doesn't make sense.

i_am_model: Don't let your cheap theories of fact becloud your sense about the truth. Both(fact & truth) may seem alike but they are totally different.

Tell me more!

i_am_model: The books you read that made you believe there's no GOD who wrote it? And did u get ur name atheist? U r being brainwashed by cheap science,even if you are not a christian, pls take sometime out to read the bible and get wisdom & truth instead of brainwashing ursef with cheap facts.

Actually, the bible made me doubt the sanity of the people who wrote it. That's when I asked myself, "why is my black a$$ taking this middle eastern mythology seriously?"................ talking snakes, talking donkeys, fiery chariots,ressurrections, dragons, stars in the firmament, people turnin into salt, the exodus, the road to damascus, jesus and all the other inanities in that book set me on the path to free thought.

Atheism is french from the greek atheos which was used by the ancient greeks to denote those who didn't believe in their pantheon of gods. Those original atheists were(are) right about zeus and co, just like I'm right about your god.

i_am_model: The places mentioned in the bible are they also fake? Go there & you would find those experiences in there historical archives. Many more inscriptions are being reveal. .

lol, please provide the israeli historical archive where the evidence are.

i_am_model: It's never problematic or wrong to question what's true,but the problem is finding absolute answer to the truth. May GOD have mercy on those yet to belief & grant you the understanding of the Bible.

May THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN forgive you for worshipping a false god.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by 9jafreak: 11:45pm On May 31, 2012
If there is anything we learnt from Evangelical Christianity, it is the glaring fact that Christians not only believe in God, God also believes in them. It is always difficult to tell who is using who?
---Segun Emmanuel O. (Deceived Deceivers)
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 11:57pm On May 31, 2012
logicboy:

Oyinbo took more than they could give. Can they replace the slaves they took or the oil they have stolen or the culture they have destroyed?

i dont really know my bible that much but i know that all you wrote above has no single bearing whatsoever on what we were debating.

logicboy:
I dont dress like a priest. Britian is a secular country and Europe is very secular. Nigeria has less than 1% atheists, britain about 15-20%

priests wear clothing called 'cassock' and i know you CANNOT wear this at all in your current mental disposition. but your jeans, polo and button up shirts (those ones you have that use cuff linkswink) shoes, sandals etc were all gotten from our oyibo slave masters (the REAL christians according to you). I believe say Cow and sheep skin polo no hard to see for una village nah, since you speak like a staunch home bred atheist.

BTW what has the amount of atheist in the uk got to do with this ? i thought we were using 9ja as a case study ?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Fhemmmy: 12:39am On Jun 01, 2012
Kay 17: But Faith plays a bigger role in all martyrs

Faith in himself and not God, cos God is not a God of stupidity.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Lenny5000(m): 12:46am On Jun 01, 2012
mazaje: Religion always wins. . . .Christians are now throwing the bible under the bus. . .

Mark 16: 17-18 reads, "And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The guy out of his faith followed what the bible said and it failed him as always. . .Now the people here are just blabbing any how. . .The same people will talk about extra ordinary healing like their god rising people from the dead etc but when you tell ask them about clear cut healing, like healing of amputees and restoring their amputated limbs back the same goons will begin to blab. . .religion always wins. . .People will always provide excuses for their god even when his alleged word fails. . . .Religion is pure delusion. .

Because somebody reads the scriptures and didnt understand it does not make the scriptures wrong but rather the person. There was no time the scriptures asked you to pick up or play with dangerous things.. What the Pastor did was like performing a magic show for an audience and thats not what the scriptures meant... Also you cant ask a pastor or whoever to perform any clear cut healing because he is not a magician neither does he have any power of his own. A true Pastor with faith prays for a sick person and lives it at that... He doesnt say come let me heal you and the goes "blah! blah! blah!" Thats hogwash! Yes Religion might be delusion but Relationship with one's creator is not! By the way people just wants fast remedy to each and every problem they have and to go to Magicians to tell them what they want to hear... Bless

1 Like

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by David28: 2:41am On Jun 01, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]so excited!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by sallybonne(f): 3:30am On Jun 01, 2012
seriously speaking@ poster,d guy abi pastor was and is still stupid.this is the problem I have with most men of God, even when the devil came to tempt Jesus christ he said get thee behind me satan,he did nt do as he was commanded,3times was he tempted ,3 times he ignored,God is not a magician were u go to pay money and watch him do signs he does it when ur in troble and needs uplifting,why would som1 knowingly take a snake to bite him to prove that he is a child of God so that he can be healed,I tink it was done for selfish reasons,cos if he had survived a time will come when he would use that as a bargain to get more members and he won't be bothered about his congregation well being,me thinks God saw his heart, knew him and what he wanted to do that's why he did not let him survive,whether ur a moslem,atheist,buddhist,african traditionalist,agnostic,illuminati,and the rest of other religions that exist,u have no right to try ur god,or try God,this is an only problem I have with christains he was taking things too far,so what then,a snake bites u and u get healed,and ur now know as d pastor that was bitten by a snake and healed and u start getting flock of members and what again,the church is not a show ground,even most pastors go to hospitals. After trying God u did nt go to hospital and beg 4 forgiveness of sins,hope others have learnt,is not everything u dabble in, my God cannot b mocked.all dis accusations and counter accusations is not necessary,the guy was a fool fact and that's what he was,and all fools who don't manage their foolery if there is a word like that will die like a fool,abeg better news joor.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by dasparrow: 4:34am On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

God can suck ma d1ck

Just because you don't believe in God Almighty does not mean you have to insult Him. The last vocal nairaland resident athiest died suddenly and tragically a few years ago though he did not go as far as insulting God in this magnitude. I don't know what God has done to you to warrant your insult. Kindly refrain from insulting the Lord God Almighty. You do not want to incur the wrath of God upon your life, trust me. He is not a Nigerian and a mere mortal like you and I. Keep in mind, just because He keeps quiet while you spew alot of hate online towards Him and those who believe in Him does not mean He is stupid. If you are frustrated, take it out on your corrupt leaders, go and tell them to suck your private part which might possibly be infested with HIV/Gonorrhea/Syphillis/genital herpes and see if you will get away with it.

God Almighty Jehovah is watching you. Refrain from perverse speech. It goes to show how rotten alot of Nigerians have become. Nigerians now cuss more than americans, the founders of filthy, perverse speech.

Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. Christ Jesus is coming soon. Give your life to Christ Jesus before it is too late. Shalom!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

God can suck ma d1ck

Isnt it amazing how these cowards suddenly get brave when they are on the christian boards? Logicboy would never dare say anything close to this in the muslim section... he would have been summarily banned and in fear for his life.
We thank God however for His mercy and longsuffering... it is well.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by festuskol(m): 5:30am On Jun 01, 2012
Very sad indeed.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by iammodel(m): 7:13am On Jun 01, 2012
May GOD have mercy on your soul!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by nairakobo1: 7:15am On Jun 01, 2012
Martian:

jesus told his followers that they could handle snakes in mark 16, but he was talking to the devil when he said, "thou shall not put the lord bla bla bla".

So why use one sentence from one situation to defend an entirely different situation?
Don't you people put your lord to the test anytime you pray and challenge him for blessings?
if u knw Jesus and his statements, u would knw that he prefered speaking in parables. That he for instance said 'eat my body and drink my blood' doesnt mean u should go looking for blood like vampires do
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Goldenheart(m): 7:43am On Jun 01, 2012
Funniest thing is even if u hate 4rm now till infinity.......GOD is still GOD.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by IbrahimB: 7:49am On Jun 01, 2012
davidylan:

Isnt it amazing how these cowards suddenly get brave when they are on the christian boards? Logicboy would never dare say anything close to this in the muslim section... he would have been summarily banned and in fear for his life.
We thank God however for His mercy and longsuffering... it is well.

Can't david make a point without mentioning islam or muslims? :-/
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 7:52am On Jun 01, 2012
uhonmora:

Even christians think that the man's actions were foolish.

So what? When has that ever stopped a miracle oh wait it stopped this one.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by nairakobo1: 7:55am On Jun 01, 2012
ejifranks: Christians and infact all mainstream religions are deluded....Even their Jesus when he was asked to jump from the temple top tactically avoided it but at d same time encouragd his disciples to do outrageous stunts all in the name of faith.. Am stil waiting for the likes of oyedepo and adeboye to command mountains to change positions..When dat hapens i would gladly embrace xtainity. Serves him right..
'don't put the Lord thy God to the test', perhaps you're familiar with that too. That Jesus said: 'drink my blood and eat my body that you may remember me', doesnt mean people should go looking for Christ's body and blood like carnibals and vampires. About the temptation of Jesus, that should teach us that we should say no to satan when he comes playing on our psyche asking us to unjustly do the outrageous when christianity isnt suposed to be showbiz. You MISTAKENLY step on a viper as a true christian, it may not strike you, and even if it does, u may survive. Daniel in the bible did not ask to be taken to the lions' den and he was saved.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 7:58am On Jun 01, 2012
KamiLara:

@logicboy

Faith seemingly is mostly preposterous or absurd

but nah, never foolishness short of fake/false/deluded faith

Which of these is deluded faith. Someone playing with poisonous snakes because of his Bible, someone throwing his money at pastors for God to bless them or someone praying that their loved ones get resurrected right there in the hospital?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 7:58am On Jun 01, 2012
Uyi Iredia: The man made a terrible mistake. Snakes are dangerous and should be handled with the utmost care. That he didn't have an anti-venom ready -as far as I can guess- is bad. Now some inane atheists are having fun making a joke out of all this. It's sad, really sad.

What does he need with anti-venom when he had faith?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 8:04am On Jun 01, 2012
That man deserves a Darwin Award.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by dedeman: 8:18am On Jun 01, 2012
Wen satan appear b4 jesus afta 40 days nd 40 nite fastin, he told jesus to turn a stone to bread so dat he can eat, Jesus replied dat man shal nt live by bread alone; we shldn't mistaken dis trial wit faith; cos he shld hv started by castin d devils, signs nd wonders. Bible misinterpretation is wat usualy cause such calamity. Nd if he is realy a man of God he shld hv key into faith nd pray instead of bn taken to hospital; D word of God can neva lie. Howeva i wnt to apeal to diferent religion believers nd athiest to respect oda pple's religionWen satan appear b4 jesus afta 40 days nd 40 nite fastin, he told jesus to turn a stone to bread so dat he can eat, Jesus replied dat man shal nt live by bread alone; we shldn't mistaken dis trial wit faith; cos he shld hv started by castin d devils, signs nd wonders. Bible misinterpretation is wat usualy cause such calamity. Nd if he is realy a man of God he shld hv key into faith nd pray instead of bn taken to hospital; D word of God can neva lie. Howeva i wnt to apeal to diferent religion believers nd athiest to respect oda pple's religionWen satan appear b4 jesus afta 40 days nd 40 nite fastin, he told jesus to turn a stone to bread so dat he can eat, Jesus replied dat man shal nt live by bread alone; we shldn't mistaken dis trial wit faith; cos he shld hv started by castin d devils, signs nd wonders. Bible misinterpretation is wat usualy cause such calamity. Nd if he is realy a man of God he shld hv key into faith nd pray instead of bn taken to hospital; D word of God can neva lie. Howeva i wnt to apeal to diferent religion believers nd athiest to respect oda pple's religion
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by free2ryhme: 8:22am On Jun 01, 2012
this is a case of quoting the bible out of context... The bible did not say you shld go looking for serpent to test it
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by AustineE1: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2012
@Logicboy>i knew from the onset you were gradually drifting into a world of your own but i didnt know it has gotten this bad!But even well known atheists who denies the existence of God,still wld nt insult what they dont know!i fear for you,cause your extremism may lead you to other things,you may ve been brainwashd by reason of your association in life but pause a moment and think about life,ups & downs of it,the beautiful things and the tragedies of life,only then will you realise that there may be reason for your very existence!pls dont just go further,you can be better than this! God loves you!!!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by SpiritofOkija(m): 8:44am On Jun 01, 2012
And it only gets more ridiculous!!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2012
dasparrow:

Just because you don't believe in God Almighty does not mean you have to insult Him. The last vocal nairaland resident athiest died suddenly and tragically a few years ago though he did not go as far as insulting God in this magnitude. I don't know what God has done to you to warrant your insult. Kindly refrain from insulting the Lord God Almighty. You do not want to incur the wrath of God upon your life, trust me. He is not a Nigerian and a mere mortal like you and I. Keep in mind, just because He keeps quiet while you spew alot of hate online towards Him and those who believe in Him does not mean He is stupid. If you are frustrated, take it out on your corrupt leaders, go and tell them to suck your private part which might possibly be infested with HIV/Gonorrhea/Syphillis/genital herpes and see if you will get away with it.

God Almighty Jehovah is watching you. Refrain from perverse speech. It goes to show how rotten alot of Nigerians have become. Nigerians now cuss more than americans, the founders of filthy, perverse speech.

Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. Christ Jesus is coming soon. Give your life to Christ Jesus before it is too late. Shalom!

Apparently religion only works with fear. So your God is a murderer? Dont you people have shame?

our statement is very wrong- where is your proof that Americans are the founders of perverse speech?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by KamiLara: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2012
kamilara:
@logicboy

Faith seemingly is mostly preposterous or absurd

but nah, never foolishness short of fake/false/deluded faith

thehomer:

Which of these is deluded faith

Someone playing with poisonous snakes because of his Bible,

someone throwing his money at pastors for God to bless them

or someone praying that their loved ones get resurrected right there in the hospital?

kamilara:
@Kay 17,@JeSoul

He and his father had successfully exercised their faith with an enviable track record

However when an electric device is turned off, there is something called residual power

The residual power is not the same as the real power

because the residual power has not completely dissipated

there is the danger of a false sense of security

This is a wisdom issue, where both men were unwise.

What was right, was that the men made wrong decisions and wrong choices of FOOLISHLY not realising that the power has left.

They were unwise in not making the right decision and not realising when to draw the line

So as with Saul and Samson before them when the Spirit of the LORD/LORD had left Saul and Samson,

both men became nàked to the elements and vulnerable

Certainly the LORD God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God

@thehomer

You conveniently did not make reference to my submission on how or why the men's faith turned to fiascoes

Anyway all may deem to be delusions subject to or considering their individual circumstances

The key is, faith is to be exercised within the rules else it becomes deluded, fake or false faith
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2012
lilkech:

i dont really know my bible that much but i know that all you wrote above has no single bearing whatsoever on what we were debating.

You were claiming that we took from the Europeans when they actually took from us. Slaves, oil, destroyed our culture etc

lilkech:
priests wear clothing called 'cassock' and i know you CANNOT wear this at all in your current mental disposition. but your jeans, polo and button up shirts (those ones you have that use cuff linkswink) shoes, sandals etc were all gotten from our oyibo slave masters (the REAL christians according to you). I believe say Cow and sheep skin polo no hard to see for una village nah, since you speak like a staunch home bred atheist.

BTW what has the amount of atheist in the uk got to do with this ? i thought we were using 9ja as a case study ?

As an ignoramus, you forget that we also import from China and Japan and other foriegn countries, not only Europe or America. When you generalise that we get clothes from our slave masters, you only look uneducated.

Didnt you notice that I was comparing Naija and uk?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 9:10am On Jun 01, 2012
donigspain: My brothers, you people have got lots of time in your hands for you to have had the time to debate with LOGICBOY... Rejecting 1% while holding on to 99% of that same phenomenon seems to me as HYPOCRISY.

'DO NOT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS'

What would be the 99% of the same phenomenon? Like someone suffering from stockholm syndrome, you attribute everything good to your slave masters.

Nigerians like you like the waste product of your slave masters. You like dead second hand cars and electronics. You also like the dead religion which many Europeans themselves have discarded. Have you looked at atheism in UK and Europe?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by pcicero(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2012
IbrahimB:

Can't david make a point without mentioning islam or muslims? :-/

Exactly what he was trying to say. You guys are not so tolerant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Worshipers Fight At AIPCA Church In Kenya Over Who Should Lead Day's Service / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.