Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite (22994 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 12:19am On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: to begin with, my religion is void of idols, my religion is based on faith(in the word of God), so the last thing that cross my mind is the color of Jesus' skin or the shape of his head, so please dnt make assumption. Secondly, as controversial as d creation story is, it's more credible than evolution, evolution is laughable, in fact it is bull crap.

You are highly ignorant.

Jesus clearly said that the came for the lost sheep of Isreal.Jesus did not come for your black West African azz.

Evolution is far more sensible than creationism. You want to tell me that evolution which has more evidence (transitional fossils,current evolution in animals, human loss of wisdom teeth) is somehow not better than creationism that has zero evidence?You believe that your mother is as a result of a rib?

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 12:50am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

You are highly ignorant.

Jesus clearly said that the came for the lost sheep of Isreal.Jesus did not come for your black West African azz.

Evolution is far more sensible than creationism. You want to tell me that evolution which has more evidence (transitional fossils,current evolution in animals, human loss of wisdom teeth) is somehow not better than creationism that has zero evidence?You believe that your mother is as a result of a rib?

did "ogun" come for the lost sons of West Africa? Or "Animal instinct" for the lost sons of Nigeria? Christainity gives me value for my money and u my friend ought to be the "poster boy of atheism"
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 12:54am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

You are highly ignorant.

plus if Man has been able to build cities, automobiles and industry out of almost nothing how much more God( remember we are in his likeness)
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 12:56am On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: did "ogun" come for the lost sons of West Africa? Or "Animal instinct" for the lost sons of Nigeria? Christainity gives me value for my money and u my friend ought to be the "poster boy of atheism"

Wow....I'm an atheist not a pagan.

Anyway, we have seen how fake you are. Two reasons for Elvis being a christian;

-fear of hell
-cashback or profit from tithing
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 1:13am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

-fear of hell
i aint no Pastor, the bible gives me what money cannot buy- HOPE.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 1:20am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

-fear of hell
As for fear of hell, that's nt true, as a spirit being the thot of an afterlife appeal more to me than a cycle of "different faces come into the world, acquire whatever u can, raise a family and "capish!" just vanish" dnt u think there's more to life?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 1:26am On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: i aint no Pastor, the bible gives me what money cannot buy- HOPE.

Everyone has hope, ESPECIALLY NON CHRISTIANS.

You cant claim that only christians have hope. That being said, hope is cheap. Better find another thing that the bible gives you that is special
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 1:55am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Everyone has hope, ESPECIALLY NON CHRISTIANS.

You cant claim that only christians have hope. That being said, hope is cheap. Better find another thing that the bible gives you that is special
definitely atheist have hope( hope that is tied to a world on a fast track to destruction). As 4 other religion with promise of eternity, let's hope they get it right- i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: besides eternity, Man has alway had d craving to rely on a superior being. Science has proven faith to be therapeutic. I don't care the religion u practice, but hold unto something. I'm sticking with d science folks though, and believing in Jehovah God.
There is nothing wrong with having faith. As long as it is not to the detriment of REASON especially when it will affect OTHERS. If a pilot is a Christian, no problem. If he turns OFF the plane, hoping GOD will send ANGELS to guide them, then there's a PROBLEM..
Man has not always had the craving to rely on a supernatural being. The Piraha tribe of brazil attest to this.

elvisimeh: i aint no Pastor, the bible gives me what money cannot buy- HOPE.
Man can find hope in anything, some in a loved one, some in stories, humans, experiences. Islamic terrorists have placed in a dangerous misinterpretation of the Quran. So HOPE is subjective. Hope is determined by the human mind...
and only a great realization can change ones source of hope. If there were only Muslim or Hindu to Christian converts, I'd readily believe in the Scriptures. But conversion works both ways. I know of a lady in india who converted from Hinduism to Xtianity then back to Hinduism.
I choose to place my hope in human goodness and the marvellous creations men have been able to conceive. I worship at the altar of Reason, with an awareness that Reason may not readily explain everything that goes on in the world.

1 Like

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: As for fear of hell, that's nt true, as a spirit being the thot of an afterlife appeal more to me than a cycle of "different faces come into the world, acquire whatever u can, raise a family and "capish!" just vanish" dnt u think there's more to life?
Funny that you'd use REASON to pock a belief, then dump it AFTER you believe? Amazing..

elvisimeh: definitely atheist have hope( hope that is tied to a world on a fast track to destruction). As 4 other religion with promise of eternity, let's hope they get it right- i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
You'd make a good businessman if you're not already....
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 8:06am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto:
There is nothing wrong with having faith. As long as it is not to the detriment of REASON especially when it will affect OTHERS. If a pilot is a Christian, no problem. If he turns OFF the plane, hoping GOD will send ANGELS to guide them, then there's a PROBLEM..
Man has not always had the craving to rely on a supernatural being. The Piraha tribe of brazil attest to this.

Man can find hope in anything, some in a loved one, some in stories, humans, experiences. Islamic terrorists have placed in a dangerous misinterpretation of the Quran. So HOPE is subjective. Hope is determined by the human mind...
and only a great realization can change ones source of hope. If there were only Muslim or Hindu to Christian converts, I'd readily believe in the Scriptures. But conversion works both ways. I know of a lady in india who converted from Hinduism to Xtianity then back to Hinduism.
I choose to place my hope in human goodness and the marvellous creations men have been able to conceive. I worship at the altar of Reason, with an awareness that Reason may not readily explain everything that goes on in the world.
do not base ur assertion on a small tribe in Brazil. Religion with a lil bit of reason is going to give u a nice cocktail, u're just yet to find the formula.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 8:13am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto:

if u worship at the altar of Reason and claim to be agnostic, u sacrifice the essence of ur being(the spirit), because Man undisputedly has a spirit being, like some1 said, u "major in minors" (the flesh)
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2012
the world we live in is ruled by logic..

how can I sacrifice that which you claim I have ' merely by reasoning' ..
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 8:17am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Funny that you'd use REASON to pock a belief, then dump it AFTER you believe? Amazing..

You'd make a good businessman if you're not already....
i do nt dump reason to get my point across...i dnt just dump it at all.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: do not base ur assertion on a small tribe in Brazil. Religion with a lil bit of reason is going to give u a nice cocktail, u're just yet to find the formula.
Popular tactics employed by religion. throw away evidence that doesn't fit into its restricted world...
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Popular tactics employed by religion. throw away evidence that doesn't fit into its restricted world...
funny enuf i aint employing no tactics, neither do i have a game plan, i just speak hard fact.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 8:25am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto:
btw, all my emphasis hasn't been on religion alone, yet i stil come across to an agnostic as religious.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: btw, all my emphasis hasn't been on religion alone, yet i stil come across to an agnostic as religious.
Lol, u want to begin a quibble over the meaning of religious... so tell me what are you? you believe Christianity is not a religion? Or u just believe the Bible like buzugee?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 8:42am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol, u want to begin a quibble over the meaning of religious... so tell me what are you? you believe Christianity is not a religion? Or u just believe the Bible like buzugee?
i believe in a supreme being.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto:

tho u come across to me as a humanist, i cnt entirely fault ur thot process, i believe humans are demigods who have power over their affair, but that dnt stop me frm being aware of a God factor, if nt hw else did we come into existence.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: tho u come across to me as a humanist, i cnt entirely fault ur thot process, i believe humans are demigods who have power over their affair, but that dnt stop me frm being aware of a God factor, if nt hw else did we come into existence.
I can accommodate the idea of a God, force, power... but he/it/she is definitely not represented by any religion...
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 10:01am On Jun 05, 2012
musKeeto:
I can accommodate the idea of a God, force, power... but he/it/she is definitely not represented by any religion...
i do nt preach, especially to a non xtain because i cnt reference d bible if he doesn't believe in it in the 1st place. I'm glad u believe there is a God n that u r on a quest to be right with Him in ur own way, i sincerely wish u well.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
elvisimeh: i do nt preach, especially to a non xtain because i cnt reference d bible if he doesn't believe in it in the 1st place. I'm glad u believe there is a God n that u r on a quest to be right with Him in ur own way, i sincerely wish u well.

can you just imagine the sheer hypocrisy of some human beings on this website.

imagine someone believing in a supreme God factor but not agreeing that it could be verified via religion . . . that is the exact reason why i decided to quit responding to the blood sucker a few pages back

i commend you for helping the musquito to reveal its true stand on its spiritual mentality
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
lilkech:

imagine someone believing in a supreme God factor but not agreeing that it could be verified via religion . . . that is the exact reason why i decided to quit responding to the blood sucker a few pages back

i commend you for helping the musquito to reveal its true stand on its spiritual mentality

You only show ignorance about what an agnostic is.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

You only show ignorance about what an agnostic is.

so ? Wot should i care ? so i should run and get a dictionary ? must someone know what that particular word means before you agree that a human being is not ignorant

look here my friend, nor be to dey call big big dictionary words to dey try decieve laymen on NL, then when they dont send u the next thing we go dey hear na so so 'ignorant' wey u go dey trumpet

ive already told you that i know your kind and nothing good can come out from your type (so far as NL is concerned)
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
lilkech:

so ? Wot should i care ? so i should run and get a dictionary ? must someone know what that particular word means before you agree that a human being is not ignorant

look here my friend, nor be to dey call big big dictionary words to dey try decieve laymen on NL, then when they dont send u the next thing we go dey hear na so so 'ignorant' wey u go dey trumpet

ive already told you that i know your kind and nothing good can come out from your type (so far as NL is concerned)

Nothing good can come from my kind (atheists)? Isnt that bigotry towards atheists?

Please look at this thread before you condemn me

https://www.nairaland.com/926302/atheist-please-help-me-stop
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ejifranks(m): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 2:49am On Jun 06, 2012
lilkech:

How can you verify God through religion? Different religions have different gods. So what god would you be verifying? Isn't it possible that without religion, one can indeed see a 'GOD'/'FORCE' untainted by human hypocrisy and propaganda..
By the way, since you have lil'understandng'... i didn't say I believe in a God. I accommodate that idea, cos if there's a God, he's done a pretty good job of hiding himself and making his ways unknowable.
I hope the Jesus you believe transforms you from lilkech to morekech so you are able to buy a brain, a dictionary and good education also. Probably learn some manners too that represent Jesus well.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 6:31am On Jun 06, 2012
^^^

if i ask you what that your 'God/Force' is now you would tell me that it is mother nature

funny musquito
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 6:35am On Jun 06, 2012
^^^

if i ask you what that your 'God/Force' is now you would tell me that it is mother nature

you cant use your logic to follow and understand God because his ways are not like ours . . . God specifically told us to embrace faith in our dealings with him. Dont all religion require faith ?

funny musquito
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 06, 2012
lilkech: ^^^

you cant use your logic to follow and understand God because his ways are not like ours . . . God specifically told us to embrace faith in our dealings with him. Dont all religion require faith ?

funny musquito
Keep doing your best to confirm my initial assessment tht you are a brainwashed ignoramus..
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by chiedu7: 5:02am On Dec 07, 2014
THE BIBLE IS CLEAR YOU SHOULD NOT TEMPT GOD

Matthew 4:7
Jesus said unto him, It is written again,
Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

THE IDIOT WAS TEMPTING GOD SO GOT WHAT WAS COMING.

THE SCRIPTURE MEANS IF YOU GET BITTEN, NOT WHEN YOU GO MESSING AROUND WITH SNAKES!

WHEN YOU WEAR SEAT BELTS WHILE DRIVING DO U DRIVE INTO WALLS? NO!

BUT IF YOU DO, THE SEAT BELT WILL HELP, LIKE WISE GOD.

IF YOU GET BITTEN GOD WILL HELP, NOT IF YOU GO TEMPTING HIM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / Pastor Loses Election In Anambra, Faints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.